Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I’m willing to rank herc and Lancelot below her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I’ve only seen her through this event and double minefield was gold

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the nito ending is very touching, teaching us that perhaps schez could...get along... with a female king?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Ozymandias is a good dad.

e: or maybe big brother? Ra and Horus are related, I think.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

dogsicle posted:

the nito ending is very touching, teaching us that perhaps schez could...get along... with a female king?

Schez can get along with any king who treats her well and doesn't threaten to kill her regardless of sex. She treats Ritsuka as a good king according to her mats.

Vengarr posted:

Ozymandias is a good dad.

That sounds like Stockholm syndrome. In Camelot Ozymandias demands that Nitocris cuts off one of her arms for spoiling his amusement and she thanks him for his light punishment. The fact that he's willing to forgive Nitocris for not behaving the way he wanted her to after she won the race is a pretty big improvement but it doesn't make him good.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Vengarr posted:

Ra and Horus are related, I think.

Ra and Horus are complicated. They share aspects and were sometimes treated as being one god.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Erg posted:

I’ve only seen her through this event and double minefield was gold

Double minefield and anchor mode were enough to alleviate my general dislike of her. Not enough to get her to win the race for me, but she pulled well ahead of all the saberfaces with that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

That sounds like Stockholm syndrome. In Camelot Ozymandias demands that Nitocris cuts off one of her arms for spoiling his amusement and she thanks him for his light punishment. The fact that he's willing to forgive Nitocris for not behaving the way he wanted her to after she won the race is a pretty big improvement but it doesn't make him good.

Ozy is a confirmed tsundere, that whole bit was comedy. He had her race to teach her about enjoying the role of Pharaoh and not be so obsessed about results.

They've got a master/apprentice thing going on for sure.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is there a place to check all the lines that play after beating a cheer quest?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

HGH posted:

Is there a place to check all the lines that play after beating a cheer quest?

I think they'll be added to the dialogue menus of all the team members after the event? Everyone I've checked - including Babbage - seem to have a bunch of locked "Other" lines at the bottom of their lists which I can't otherwise account for.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

This is wrong. Gil was, since the beginning, one of the best rolls you could have. He had the best hit counts in the game bar none (5/5/5/5 BAQE in a game where most had 1/2/2/3) and his NP's special effect was a massive boon. I know because I rolled him in his first rate up.

e: oh drat I didn't realized I made a new post.

Hello friend who also had Gil in JP since his first rate up.

I remember that I re-rolled initially until getting Jeanne, who I thought was totally amazing back then* because of the Ruler damage resistance (and since no one had max level characters end-game stats weren't really relevant). The lack of max levels also meant that XP curves were a big thing and factored into perception of how good characters were, with many people thinking characters with low early curves were just lovely; I remember them being discussed a lot.

* not that she isn't now, though until her NP buff she was kinda meh for a long time

Bogart posted:

Enkidu is one of my favorite units. Their buster and arts animations are so good and their skillset means they’re never totally dead weight.

I like Enkidu as well even if they're not considered that great in ~tiers~ or whatever. The powerful heal is good for normal content when performance over like 30 turns or whatever isn't as important.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Enkidu is a great solo unit.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Moral of the story: don't let Ishtar go anywhere without 24/7 supervision from a licensed Goddess babysitter.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why are the bonus nodes so loving impossible for this event compared to the last one? I breezed through summer 1 to get NP5 with a level 60 Herc/Salter/Mash team yet now all 3 are at level 80 (plus I managed to get caster Nero to 90) and Im getting ground into a fine paste before I can even clear a single HP bar (I hate this mechanic for the record).

I beat Enkidou in a battle of attrition with Mash/Salter and a friends Okita but the rest are just too tough and its not enjoyable at all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're worse classes to have to deal with, two avengers who have limited hard counter options and one assassin when offensive casters are rare/current AEs are hard to support

and between the avengers you've got the one that can crit/buff clear on demand and is built around making their already annoying IK mechanic more powerful, the other being given better crit chance than she'd naturally have on top of a spammable high-hit stun and aoe attacks

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't have any trouble except for Big Bull, who took a CS revive. :shrug:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Furnaceface posted:

I beat Enkidou in a battle of attrition with Mash/Salter and a friends Okita but the rest are just too tough and its not enjoyable at all.
Have a look at these challenge quest guides. Maybe they can help. Worst case scenario you can use command spell or quartz revives.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

:same:

And even for that, I didn't go in with foreknowledge so I could have done much better if I had actually brought assassins instead of two casters and two berserkers.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Well, I nearly gnawed off my own limbs doing it, but I managed to beat Gugalanna. Had to bust out Double Merlin King Hassan + NP3 Jack in the backline, and even then I also had to use a command spell revive.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MonsieurChoc posted:

:same: Maxing out Mash's skills was a good investment.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mash is VERY good for any CQ if you don't have waver + merlins with maxed out skills and even then she's still good.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

Oh, I had Mash there doing heavy duty. It didn't occur to me until now that without her it probably would've been much harder to get through all the CQ's

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Also, you don't have to beat the boar. No quest is ever a must-do. The swimsuit battle in summer 2 part 1 could be considered easier depending on your team comp and it also drops a lore.

Personally, I burned my CSes and a quartz on the Bull and I don't see an issue. I get an SQ daily! I get lores, never.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Mine sonly lvl 50 but 10/10/10.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Farming some of these nodes became a lot easier with NP5 rider Ishtar, I’m glad I waited

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So who is the costume quest for?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

So who is the costume quest for?
Medb.

Alas, no jacket on version.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ah. I don't have Queen Bad Touch so no big worries.

Gotta look into strats for these challenge quests, though. I like IshRider's aesthetic and would like to use her more.

That and ember farm for Assassin Nito, as well as scoop up any remaining mats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Iirc the costume becomes a....lore I think if you already have a copy in next year's rerun.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you get a rare prism

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You get a free Stheno? That seems randomly generous of DW.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

You get a free Stheno? That seems randomly generous of DW.

My Stheno is NP3. Just two more until she reaches her full potential...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is Medb in the general Servant pool? So she could be lurking around any average summon pull?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Is Medb in the general Servant pool? So she could be lurking around any average summon pull?

She’s story locked unfortunately, so she will never spook you unless you roll Story or the banners she appears on. Medb and Xuanzong do have a banner that should be starting any day now though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Medb also has 20+ rate ups, among the most in the entire game.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she could perhaps wander into your chaldea on valentine's day looking for some action

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Do they ever mention the story of her seven kids in her interlude or something? It's my favorite Queen Medb legend. Aside from the Great Cheesing, obviously.

Wikipedia posted:

Medb and Ailill had seven sons, all called Maine. They originally all had other names, but when Medb asked a druid which of her sons would kill Conchobar, he replied, "Maine". She did not have a son called Maine, so she renamed all her sons as follows:

Fedlimid became Maine Athramail ("like his father")
Cairbre became Maine Máthramail ("like his mother")
Eochaid became Maine Andoe ("the swift") and was also known as Cich-Maine Andoe or Cichmuine
Fergus became Maine Taí ("the silent")
Cet became Maine Mórgor ("of great duty")
Sin became Maine Mílscothach ("honey-speech")
Dáire became Maine Móepirt ("beyond description")

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

dogsicle posted:

she could perhaps wander into your chaldea on valentine's day looking for some action

Or into your guaranteed 5* pull.

Yeah Im still bitter. :mad:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I just max ascended the Enkidu I got and laughed at myself when I realized I had no skill gems to actually level his skills up, and nowhere near enough Chains either. Nerofest cannot come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pulling for Helena gave me rider Salter. I had to give up on Helena after pulling my first Shinjuu avenger as well.

Somehow, in all three times I have tried pulling for a 4 star, I got the 5 star on their banner first. Getting Archer Altria was a nice bonus, getting Quezt was eh, only because I already had Drake, Ozy, and Medb, and now I have another 5 star rider. I am now only missing Iskandar out of the 5 star riders.