Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

BonoMan posted:

Fyi moving my boneX out of the tv console fixed all my controller disconnects. I mean it was on an open empty shelf with 6 inches of space in any direction and line of sight to the controllers. And still didn't work. Even sitting right next to it. But moving it out fixed everything. Jesus that is some shittily weak connection.

Radio/signal propagation is some serious voodoo poo poo. Blame the FCC for imposing non-interference regulations on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Does the 1x actually have a different controller?

Sorry i meant xb1 not 1x

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The bumpers on the controller do break too easily though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sextro posted:

Radio/signal propagation is some serious voodoo poo poo. Blame the FCC for imposing non-interference regulations on everything.

I feel like things'd be worse if they hadn't.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So I have a Budget in place for picking up a Xbox One X in the next couple of weeks but im seriously having a headache here.

Theres like 9 editions of the Xbox One X at different retailers, at a gamut of both prices, shakey retailer mixups, and like with games that I honestly don't know anything about.

Having played nothing but FFXIV, Warframe, Black Desert and like indie garbage like Killing Floor 2 for the last 5 years i dont know jack about AAA gaming. I just know i wanna play every version of PSO 2 in english, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts in X Enhanced, and like if i can get something cool out of it then sure.

Anyone have a recommended bundle at a good price with a game thats not rip my brain out with an ice pick battle royale garbage? Or is that all these games are?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Talkc posted:

So I have a Budget in place for picking up a Xbox One X in the next couple of weeks but im seriously having a headache here.

Theres like 9 editions of the Xbox One X at different retailers, at a gamut of both prices, shakey retailer mixups, and like with games that I honestly don't know anything about.

Having played nothing but FFXIV, Warframe, Black Desert and like indie garbage like Killing Floor 2 for the last 5 years i dont know jack about AAA gaming. I just know i wanna play every version of PSO 2 in english, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts in X Enhanced, and like if i can get something cool out of it then sure.

Anyone have a recommended bundle at a good price with a game thats not rip my brain out with an ice pick battle royale garbage? Or is that all these games are?

I'm Australian so can't really point to specific bundles for you, but I see lots of bundles with Red Dead Redemption 2 or the two most recent Assassin's Creeds Origins and Odyssey. They're all pretty great AAA games that aren't "battle royal poo poo". RDR2 has multiplayer but it's completely extraneous to the giant and good single player.

Bundles aren't too important though, the Bone has a thing called Game Pass which is like old good netflix but for games, just sub to that when you want to try new and random poo poo and you'll be fine.

It also includes Black Desert and all the Rare stuff so that works out extra good for you. Other stuff on there I'd vouch for is MGSV, Prey, Outer Wilds, DOOM 2016 and Wolfenstein 1 and 2.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Yea I'm actually in on the bone cause of their pc game pass its what drew me in. Unfortunately i haven't seen a red dead redemption or assassin's creed bundle in my shopping. At least not on Amazon? Im in us. So that might be a factor on what's available.

Edit: i should be specific that I'm only looking at x models no Xbox s models

Talkc fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 11, 2019

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

if unbundled is in any way cheaper just get that because RDR2 and AC:O are at the point when discounts are -50% off or lower

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine came to gamepass so hopefully the idiot who paid for sting to do all his narration is no longer going to go bankrupt over, again, hiring sting to do all his narration.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Although Fallout 76 is bad that rendered those X bundles cheaper by like $100 in some cases so might as well get that if that’s the case.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Always go for the cheapest XbonX bundle, then throw away the F76 code or sell for a pittance on eBay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Although Fallout 76 is bad that rendered those X bundles cheaper by like $100 in some cases so might as well get that if that’s the case.

Unironically this.

It also got me a white Xbox One X which is my preferred console color

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Edit: wrong loving thread, me.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 11, 2019

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Talkc posted:

If you like shooters, Doom 2016, Titanfall 2 (has a short but really sweet single player and great but low populated mp), Prey, Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood can be found for really cheap. RPGs like Divinity Original Sin 2 and The Witcher 3 GOTY are good and long games to keep you busy. Resident Evil VII and REmake 2 for horror, also add The Evil Within 2. If you want looter shooters, Destiny 2 and The Division 2 can add a few hundred hours easily if you are into that kind of games.

Then you have the Xbox games like Gears of War 4, Forza or Halo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Healbot posted:

70's manga is wild.

gently caress off

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Guillermus posted:

If you like shooters, Doom 2016, Titanfall 2 (has a short but really sweet single player and great but low populated mp), Prey, Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood can be found for really cheap. RPGs like Divinity Original Sin 2 and The Witcher 3 GOTY are good and long games to keep you busy. Resident Evil VII and REmake 2 for horror, also add The Evil Within 2. If you want looter shooters, Destiny 2 and The Division 2 can add a few hundred hours easily if you are into that kind of games.

Then you have the Xbox games like Gears of War 4, Forza or Halo.

Bonus that a bunch of those games are currently on game pass. I know Doom is, and I think the Wolfenstein games are as well. Also, I just saw that Rare Replay is on as well for the Banjo games the guy wanted to play.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Oh man people keep saying the resident evil remakes are good and i was a huge fan of the old games way back when, but holy hell does some of the footage for the new ones look intense. Its like someone took resident evil four and cranked everything through the roof. Not sure about playing that with a heart condition but it looks cool.

A big reason i want the xbox was the game pass cause i grabbed it on pc at first for stuff like slay the spire ( which is amazing ) and saw how insane the console one is. Ill be using the ultimate pass for sure.

Taking the suggestion some made i saw a lot of those fallout 76 bundles for cheaper. My friend bought me that garbage fire on pc. Is it actually possible to get anything for the code or should i just look at it as free garbage? Do people actually still play 76???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Talkc posted:

Oh man people keep saying the resident evil remakes are good and i was a huge fan of the old games way back when, but holy hell does some of the footage for the new ones look intense. Its like someone took resident evil four and cranked everything through the roof. Not sure about playing that with a heart condition but it looks cool.

The remake of Resident Evil 2 is the most stressful game I've ever played. Being stuck in a tiny room with Mr. X and two lickers outside was terrifying. Excellent game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm seeing completed auctions ranging from 5 to 25 bucks, it's probably worth a try.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fallout 76 is your discount code for a cheaper console. In Spain they slapped the retail version to pretty much anything to get rid of it (Germany did this first by giving it for free with Dualshock 4 purchases lol). There are people playing it and if you end installing and liking it, fine, even if it's bad is a videogame and I beat Bad Rats so who am I to judge others? :haw:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Does anyone know if perfect dark on the rare replay has any online features? It would be so cool to play multi with my bud in florida.

Also five to twenty five is okay for 76. The prices i saw brought it low enough that the game had a negative value to the console and games cost so dunno if I'll even bother selling the code. My weirdo friend who likes that game i might hold onto it for him on the happenstance he wants it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Talkc posted:

Does anyone know if perfect dark on the rare replay has any online features? It would be so cool to play multi with my bud in florida.

Yeah it's the 360 release and has working online multi-player. Both deathmatch and co-op are available over Xbox Live although the co-op is supposedly a little less stable.

You can play both with other Xbone users with the game, or with 360 users who have the original 360 release.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

fishmech posted:

Yeah it's the 360 release and has working online multi-player. Both deathmatch and co-op are available over Xbox Live although the co-op is supposedly a little less stable.

You can play both with other Xbone users with the game, or with 360 users who have the original 360 release.
This poo poo is so cool. It's a shame Microsoft is miles ahead of the competition when it comes to compatibility and support like this but they've got few games worth using it on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played guilty gear vs ps3 owners in 2014. Good times.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Oh wow coop and multi drat.

So i feel like im opening a can of worms cause ( seriously wtf with layered DRM Bethesda ) but i love me some DOOM, whats the actual playability and features of the DOOM rerelease on Xbox one? Does DOOM 3 have coop? Does Doom have any of the expansions? Is the port like lovely quality?

Also has anyone played Phantom Dust on Xbox One X? It wasn't on their enhanced list, so i was wondering if it gets any benefits. ( I might be the only person still playing this game on earth )

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Doom 3 port is good, no coop, but has all expansions (technically one expansion and one minor level pack aka the lost mission)

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
So i guess my XBLA copies are dead then i just found out :(

Is there a way to find out your old Xbox Live account holdings if you dont have access to a console? I had a Xbox 360 years ago, but dont currently.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure if it still works or not but I used this workaround to download the old XBLA version after it was already removed from the store.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Honestly if you care enough to notice the difference, it's worth spending $10 on a 360 disc of BFG Edition

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

TheScott2K posted:

Honestly if you care enough to notice the difference, it's worth spending $10 on a 360 disc of BFG Edition

Thanks for the recommendation. Buying physical is a large reason I'm even bothering with a console.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Didn't MS fix already that? By putting the old 360 releases on the store I mean.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I bought the Xbox 360 version of the Doom 3 BFG and it was in French. AMA

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Talkc posted:

A big reason i want the xbox was the game pass cause i grabbed it on pc at first for stuff like slay the spire ( which is amazing ) and saw how insane the console one is. Ill be using the ultimate pass for sure.

Taking the suggestion some made i saw a lot of those fallout 76 bundles for cheaper. My friend bought me that garbage fire on pc. Is it actually possible to get anything for the code or should i just look at it as free garbage? Do people actually still play 76???

They've done a ton of improvements and actually added things (like NPC's, factions, and questlines!) since E3 this year.

still not worth playing unless you REALLY want to play fallout BR.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can get the previous versions of Doom 1 and 2 on XBL, which are frankly great but still have messed up music, and you would need to so since for whatever goddamn reason the new releases dont have No Rest for the Living but do have The Master Levels for Doom 2.

Even more annoying the BFG edition release, which is honestly the worst of the three in my opinion, has two exclusive levels as well.

Why in the hot gently caress Bethesda couldnt get all the maps into one version of the game is baffling.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Barudak posted:

You can get the previous versions of Doom 1 and 2 on XBL, which are frankly great but still have messed up music, and you would need to so since for whatever goddamn reason the new releases dont have No Rest for the Living but do have The Master Levels for Doom 2.

Even more annoying the BFG edition release, which is honestly the worst of the three in my opinion, has two exclusive levels as well.

Why in the hot gently caress Bethesda couldnt get all the maps into one version of the game is baffling.

The BFG Edition versions of 1 and 2 are the same as the XBLA versions

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Talkc posted:

Thanks for the recommendation. Buying physical is a large reason I'm even bothering with a console.

Comes with a fold-out Doom poster!

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Talkc posted:

The remake of RE 1 is the old school style of gameplay but with much better graphics and some new content too. It's a lot less terrifying than 7 or the remake of 2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

The BFG Edition versions of 1 and 2 are the same as the XBLA versions

Ugh, sorry, confused BFG edition with the collectors edition of Doom 3 on the original Xbox.

Yes thats right, Doom 2 was released on every xbox console with different maps

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Barudak posted:

Ugh, sorry, confused BFG edition with the collectors edition of Doom 3 on the original Xbox.

Yes thats right, Doom 2 was released on every xbox console with different maps

Yeah the versions of 1 and 2 on Xbox aren't great, but ~for the time~ they were as close as you got to the PC versions. I keep meaning to pick up a copy of that weirdo port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Monday_ posted:

The remake of RE 1 is the old school style of gameplay but with much better graphics and some new content too. It's a lot less terrifying than 7 or the remake of 2.

I played that on GameCube! I loved it! That and re zero. Its these new capcom resurgence ones that seem insidious. I watched a few clips from best of giant bomb where Abby Russel got the poo poo scared out of her playing new re games. I have a vr headset on my pc i do payday two and beat saber on and its beyond me that someone played resident evil on vr.

TheScott2K posted:

Comes with a fold-out Doom poster!

Not gonna lie if i can get a copy with the poster that's a selling point.

Are any of the game pass games active player wise on console? Id ideally like to play killer instinct or the master chief collection but if they are already dead game pass feels a little silly.