Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Time for this week's research reward..

:stare:

Yeah, so my first Groudon ever and it's a 13/15/15 shiny. That'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DizzyBum posted:

Time for this week's research reward..

:stare:

Yeah, so my first Groudon ever and it's a 13/15/15 shiny. That'll do.

Road Construction Groudons my favorite shine in my box.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

4390 8598 6745

If anyone wants to add me for the dumb research task that would be great.

Important side note: I am gay.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Fuckin Donuts for shinies so far

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

4390 8598 6745

added you because of the last bit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
:perfect:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm not 100% sure if both yall are goons, but mvxvi and ooglesby, we've been 1 day away from ultra friends for a while now and i was looking to cash in some other bonuses soonish. Lemme know if/when you plan to open them, thanks!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for the long delay but I’ll be opening al of the following best/ultra gifts 24 hours from the time of this post:
[bCoxymla
dihaploidy
ephphatha[/b] (I’ll send you one before then)
Cart84

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for the long delay but I’ll be opening all of the following best/ultra gifts 24 hours from the time of this post:
Coxymla
dihaploidy
ephphatha
(I’ll send you one before then)
Cart84

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Go ham, I'm 40 already.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Up to 31 eggs hatched on my ticker this week and no shiny stuff. :negative:

Fully expect to blow through this adventure box worth of incubators without a shiny or nice baby electric gritty.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Got a Chingling, good event.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Almost 39 eggs, got a sunglasses/hat Pichu and four Bonslys, but no shiny anything.

Keep on keepin' on

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

LumpyGumby posted:

Almost 39 eggs, got a sunglasses/hat Pichu and four Bonslys, but no shiny anything.

Keep on keepin' on

Thankfully I work the next few days and can easily hatch 2-3 2km eggs a day just working.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Pomplamoose posted:

Sorry for the long delay but I’ll be opening all of the following best/ultra gifts 24 hours from the time of this post:
Coxymla
dihaploidy
ephphatha
(I’ll send you one before then)
Cart84

Don't mind either; go nuts whenever.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

4390 8598 6745

:same:

to both parts, actually, since I'm also on that research task. I've added you (as metis) but I need one more please: 578149789519

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Did they add baby pokemon to the 10 km pool in addition to the 7 km pool? Hatched a munchlax and happiny from 10km eggs this week and it kind of sucks because I already had a bunch from 7 km eggs

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Up to 31 eggs hatched on my ticker this week and no shiny stuff. :negative:

Fully expect to blow through this adventure box worth of incubators without a shiny or nice baby electric gritty.

Don’t buy incubators.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Old Swerdlow posted:

Don’t buy incubators.

It's gym coin, pokefriend, not real money.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gluten Freeman posted:

:same:

to both parts, actually, since I'm also on that research task. I've added you (as metis) but I need one more please: 578149789519

Added you. Since I'm also on that task. And I don't add friends unless something is in it for me :colbert:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, it's funny how badly they want you to drop money on incubators when the egg system is so poo poo. I've already got pretty much everything that can be hatched, and the only real reason why I'd want to hatch anything now would be to get a shiny, or perhaps to get candy for something decent, and the odds of that seem way too low to be worth it.

---

There's this gym near where I work the graveyard shift. It's not particularly popular, busy, or even an EX gym, I only really see a set of about 9 players or so in there on a regular basis. I don't really need coins all that badly, and I get that it's generally a dick move to take out a gym in the wee hours of the morning, so I'll pretty much always let people chill there for their 8 hours or so, especially since they'll often put in cool shinies or at least an interesting assortment of pokemon.

But there's this one guy who almost every day takes control of it just before I get in to work, and for the past year, he almost only exclusively puts in Tyranitars, Blisseys, Slakings, or Rypheriors. Plus he's got a blatantly obvious alt account that only puts those same pokemon in that gym, and his wife/girlfriend/whatever who also generally puts the same kinda boring pokemon in there, but she'll occasionally put in something different.

Those guys I gladly kick them the gently caress out of there ASAP [though I don't mind leaving the wife/girlfriend/whatever account in there if I have the option, since she actually has a little variety.] It's like, c'mon man, all the players in the area are a high enough level that your stupid damage-sponge pokemon aren't really anything more than a minor speedbump. I wish I had a way of telling this guy, "dude, if you'd stop putting all these basic-rear end pokemon in this gym, I'd happily let you hang on to it for a while and get your coins." So basically the next best thing is to wipe out his lame team almost nightly, and then leave it empty, just so that somebody cooler can take it over later. I think the shortest I let him stay there was for about 40 minutes, and that was also just before midnight. :devil:

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 11, 2019

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I almost exclusively put ttars in gyms, if I’m gonna feed berries to something I want it to be something that can give useful candy.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

That definitely makes sense. I've been doing the same a lot recently with my spare gible, but I'm fairly certain most times I've kicked that guy out, the berry count was at zero [can't say i carefully checked every time]

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
My wife and I exclusively do themed gyms if time permits. Love doing all eevee’s, costume, babies, colour or type.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I put whatever trash I've collected lately into gyms. That way when it comes back I don't have to revive it and I can just transfer it. Works well to stockpile revives.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I love getting Dex shadows so I do the same for others by putting in nothing but chatot, tropius, etc

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm a bad who spends money on incubators because TBH one of the biggest small joys I get out of this game is seeing an egg pop up and the little bit of surprise as it hatches and something new pops out.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I'm still not used to the new egg hatching animation so every time I see it, I freak out because for a second I thought I got a shiny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I sell my info on google surveys because the capitalist machine has already overtaken our lives, so i stock up on google play money enough to buy an adventure box every few months.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I don’t know what they changed in the last few weeks but I’m noting the app crashing a lot on startup. (iPhone 8)

It doesn’t really crash during gameplay, but if I bounce over to Twitter/Awful.app/something else then go back app tends to open for a fraction of a second, crash, then restart fresh with the white loading screen.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I hatched a shiny Pichu today! Of course, on the one day of this event where he doesn't get a cool hat.

So I was still super thrilled, but I would have liked a super rare shiny hat pichu.

The game made it up to me five minutes later.

Now I have shiny flower pikachu AND shiny flower eevee.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Nice. You should hold off on evolving the eevee until sylveon is released.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I fought a Rocket Grunt who told me to beware her "bird Pokemon" which turned out to be the zubat line... I guess it's canon that bats are birds now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I fought a Rocket Grunt who told me to beware her "bird Pokemon" which turned out to be the zubat line... I guess it's canon that bats are birds now.

I mean, if trees are dragons, bats are birds.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Prepare to get beaten into the GROUND!
zubat, zubat, Raticate

Me and the kids are up to 31 raids, and one finally got a shiny ray. Still no luck for me, but I did get lucky enough to get a second shiny sneasel. Now I still get to keep one when my daughter lays claim to one of them.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Shiny rayquaza doesn't exist, gible doesn't exist, I don't know why all these people on my friends list keep hacking their game

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Kheldarn posted:

I mean, if trees are dragons, bats are birds.

As long as we all agree they aren’t bugs.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
How do you get candy from gyms?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

How do you get candy from gyms?

Feed berries to things; I think it’s a 1% chance each berry you feed to get one candy. So not particularly useful but better than just throwing them away if you can. It’s why I always put stuff that I know people will candy for in gyms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Noxville posted:

Feed berries to things; I think it’s a 1% chance each berry you feed to get one candy. So not particularly useful but better than just throwing them away if you can. It’s why I always put stuff that I know people will candy for in gyms.

Same. Melman always goes in the gym because it's a nightmare for non-LGPE players to level the one you get from the research.