Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
My company has seen a huge uptick in Cash buyers for Bitcoin, and I'm curious about the laws in regards to LibertyX, and who I could contact about it. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 hours ago by Thethirdtoken

I run an IT company, and we have always educated people on crypto and it's importance. A few years back we signed up with LibertyX to help people buy Bitcoin, but recently we have been getting thousands in cash, daily, for Bitcoin purchases, and I'm a little nervous about the laws/ramifications. It seems like a lot of people are using LibertyX to send money out of the country. Who can I contact about the laws and regulations to make sure everything is straight? I watched that bitcoin documentary years ago that landed a bunch of 20 somethins in jail for messing with crypto and I don't want to be one of those.

I live in the USA, in Nevada.

Thanks!

Thethirdtoken[S] 1 point 6 hours ago

I did, they didn't. They were very vague. LibertyX has 1000 Bitcoin ATMs across America, but we don't have an ATM, we take in the cash and issue a receipt. Their answer was that it is like selling anything. I asked them about sales tax, they had no answer, I ask them about money laundering, they had no answer.

acered24redditor for 3 months 0 points 5 hours ago

You're selling a pin code. What people do with that later is irrelevant. It could be going out of the country but so what? There is no capital control like "person x can only send $1000 out." Plus "thousands" is chump change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EorayMel posted:

etkolev@mail.bg

Life on the edge of the cliff

مرحبا

Read this message carefully, since it can be the last in your life.

People are by nature envious. Given the fact of successful development of your business, people (your contestant ) paid me 30,000 British Pound for your cutted ears.

It's not the first time I've done this kind of work, but I'm already tired of these envious bastards and your life will be the last one I'll take or will not do, it's up to you.

Under normal circumstances, I would just do the work for which I was paid without going into the details, but I'm going to get away from it and go on a long-awaited vacation.

You have 2 versions for deciding this problem.

Admit my proposal or deny.

You pay me 5 thousand British Pound for safe your life and you receive all the information about the customer with whom you apply to the police and thus you save your life and the lives of your relatives.

The second option is you ignore my proposal and turn to the cops, but by the same token you will only postpone your judgment day, even if I can not do the work, then another person will do it, not within a week and say in a month or half a year, but order for your head will be fulfilled sooner or later.

Thus, you will be afraid of every rustle, walk around looking and thinking that you are being persecuted.

If you want such a life, your choice, but if I were you, I would think very well.

Tickets to ***** have been taken for July 28, and you have exactly 3 days to transfer money to an anonymous account bitcoin 1CPgiLZjLPdsgdR5d3zJupqKRoPRL5bpJ.

The last time I can check it 28th before flying to you.

In the event of receiving a reward, I will not come to take your life, but will also pass all the information about your customer (Let the bastards get what they deserve) and you can protect yourself, otherwise you know the consequences.

The well-being of the future life depends on your choice.

Think about your life, you family.

على كل مشيئة الله

-------------------------------------
Mail.BG: Безплатен e-mail адрес. Най-добрите характеристики на българския пазар - 30 GB пощенска кутия, 1 GB прикрепен файл, безплатен POP3, мобилна версия и други.

this scheme makes a fatal flaw in assuming i don’t lust for the sweet release of death in every waking moment

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

univbee posted:

this scheme makes a fatal flaw in assuming i don’t lust for the sweet release of death in every waking moment

:wrong:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/icetsvu/status/1160355174923350017?s=21

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Deathstaroperatorguy 6 points 5 hours ago

I said Amazon was dumb when it was first founded.

I said the iPad was dumb when it was first created.

I said Netflix was dumb when it sent dvds.

I said bitcoin is dumb. That will never work.

Today, I watched a movie on Netflix with a guy using an iPad and thought it was pretty cool. I went to Amazon and bought one using the bitcoin I saved.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
they laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Newton, they laughed at Einstein, but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown

this is, of course, indisputable proof that Bozo was a genius and Clowncoin will take off any day now

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
those things also changed and improved over time while bitcoin has somehow gotten worse

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

...! posted:

Deathstaroperatorguy 6 points 5 hours ago

I said Amazon was dumb when it was first founded.

I said the iPad was dumb when it was first created.

I said Netflix was dumb when it sent dvds.

I said bitcoin is dumb. That will never work.

Today, I watched a movie on Netflix with a guy using an iPad and thought it was pretty cool. I went to Amazon and bought one using the bitcoin I saved.

Look at this fool trading his bits for worthless garbage like consumer electronics. He should have saved his coins for the moon, when no one will produce anything except waste heat from mining coins.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

EorayMel posted:

etkolev@mail.bg

Life on the edge of the cliff

مرحبا

Read this message carefully, since it can be the last in your life.
tl;rd (too long; rather die)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

...! posted:

My company has seen a huge uptick in Cash buyers for Bitcoin, and I'm curious about the laws in regards to LibertyX, and who I could contact about it. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 hours ago by Thethirdtoken

I run an IT company, and we have always educated people on crypto and it's importance. A few years back we signed up with LibertyX to help people buy Bitcoin, but recently we have been getting thousands in cash, daily, for Bitcoin purchases, and I'm a little nervous about the laws/ramifications. It seems like a lot of people are using LibertyX to send money out of the country. Who can I contact about the laws and regulations to make sure everything is straight? I watched that bitcoin documentary years ago that landed a bunch of 20 somethins in jail for messing with crypto and I don't want to be one of those.

I live in the USA, in Nevada.

Thanks!

Thethirdtoken[S] 1 point 6 hours ago

I did, they didn't. They were very vague. LibertyX has 1000 Bitcoin ATMs across America, but we don't have an ATM, we take in the cash and issue a receipt. Their answer was that it is like selling anything. I asked them about sales tax, they had no answer, I ask them about money laundering, they had no answer.

acered24redditor for 3 months 0 points 5 hours ago

You're selling a pin code. What people do with that later is irrelevant. It could be going out of the country but so what? There is no capital control like "person x can only send $1000 out." Plus "thousands" is chump change.

lmao sure

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

but it's doing its absolute best and that's all we can ask for.

mods

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dachshundofdoom posted:

they laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Newton, they laughed at Einstein, but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown

this is, of course, indisputable proof that Bozo was a genius and Clowncoin will take off any day now

new favored crypto of the alt right

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

yes ?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Little Death posted:

Look at this fool trading his bits for worthless garbage like consumer electronics. He should have saved his coins for the moon, when no one will produce anything except waste heat from mining coins.

"waste heat" sounds like fud implying something about bistcoin is imperfect

please refer to it as "treasure heat" from now on

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

also acceptable: "honor heat" or "security heat"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

heat isn't wasted if you can use it to dry out strawberries

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
jfc that cooking mama thing

...! posted:

Unique Blockchain Private-Keys – Each purchased copy of the game will have unique IDs which will be managed directly through the game’s internal wallet storage. Players will be able to focus on Cooking Mama’s user experience rather than cryptographic key management.
can't wait to have to deal with the concept of cryptographic key management on my nintendo switch game console. gonna download an entire blockchain onto my tiny little sd card, hell yesss

...! posted:

Private-Key Enabled Balanced DRM – Traditional DRM limits the ability to copy games, while private-keys on blockchain protocols allows easy registration. These combined items provide greater proof of ownership to legitimate owners of a game, while also allowing them to resell games both digitally and in traditional retail outlets.
i wanna say the resellable-digital-games thing was tried in the past by... greenmangaming, i think? but i'm pretty sure they dropped that pretty quick for reasons you can probably guess and just sold product keys like everyone else

...! posted:

Enhanced Multiplayer Experience with Dual Expression – This feature, when enabled, makes every copy of a game subtly different and personal to a user. It utilizes the private-key to change expression algorithms for characters, ingredients and cooking methods.
this kinda reads as gibberish, but i'm pretty sure the survival game rust already does something similar - it takes your 64-bit steam account id and uses it to generate your character's looks. (it then intentionally gives you absolutely no ability to change that, leaving some teenage players fuming about being stuck in the body of a short black man with comically tiny genitals)

...! posted:

Securing Online Events – For promotional events, player records and participation can be tracked while maintaining privacy. In addition, hashes of the running game can be recorded to ensure the game has not been altered to create an unfair advantage.

Digital Assets, Rewards, Recognition – Users will be rewarded with in-game currency (or points, experience, and other items) or earn recognition and certificates. These could be provided by the game, other players, or third parties that host tournaments or other promotions.
these just strike me as reinventing wheels already long since rounded by things like xbox live and steamworks and probably like a hundred different unity assets... although the switch's online services are kinda lacking so they probably had to write their own implementations anyway. waaaait a second... i think this might just be the old call-it-a-blockchain-so-that-some-idiots-give-us-funding trick?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1160290810023297035
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1160255450375438336
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1160196285976195072
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1159953480561377280
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1159781058067533825

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Kpenney 2 points 2 hours ago

One thing I considered but I'm a bit lazy was writting up a small guide and printing it off on a single sheet of paper, like who they can trust and what to expect when purchasing. A lot of them are simply nervous and lacking confidence with working with cryptocurrencies. Using them, storing them, buying them. I relate it to the very first time any one of them ever used an ATM in their lives, it was awkward, you weren't positive if you were using it right, and it probably was a very nerve racking experiance, after a couple times using an atm it becomes pretty simple, you become more confident and courageous with what your doing. Buying crypto is really no different.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

The Kins posted:

this kinda reads as gibberish, but i'm pretty sure the survival game rust already does something similar - it takes your 64-bit steam account id and uses it to generate your character's looks. (it then intentionally gives you absolutely no ability to change that, leaving some teenage players fuming about being stuck in the body of a short black man with comically tiny genitals)

Little Computer People did this in 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYz_leh9J3E&t=528s

...!
Oct 5, 2003

re: venezuela

beetard 18 points 6 hours ago

Why don't places like this and Zimbabwe back their currency with btc, or gold even? Why keep this "currency backed by the faith of the government" when no one has faith in the government? I hear Venezuela got their gold taken by London and America so why don't they sell national land for btc and cold storage that poo poo to back their money?

51Baggins49Tookredditor for 3 months [score hidden] an hour ago

What if they used renewable energy to mine Bitcoin? Building solar and wind sources, creating a large amount of jobs while doing so, giving their country cheap/unlimited energy and mining Bitcoin with it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...yes...?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why does he care about my thoughts on gluesticks though:confused:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i need more gluesticks :(

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"i should have bought more" i think as i take the last sheet of toilet paper off the roll

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im never of sold

...!
Oct 5, 2003

sergeant-shaftoeredditor for 7 weeks 7 points 23 hours ago

You should Hodl for the time being. And while hodling, educate yourself on Bitcoin, coding, math, cryptography, linux, networking.

We are going to be the kings of the future.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

We are going to be the kings of the future.

Universally loathed

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

...! posted:

I relate it to the very first time any one of them ever used an ATM in their lives, it was awkward, you weren't positive if you were using it right, and it probably was a very nerve racking experiance

what the gently caress lol

"hey remember how nervous you were the first time you used an ATM?" "um... no?" "anyway buy these e-pogs"

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

these kind of arguments get me real close to biting. like I have savings and investments, so what’s the harm in buying bitcoin in case it does go to like a million? like if I bought $100 worth I’d never miss it and it could be worth $10,000. I guess what I’m saying is can someone tell me bitcoin is bad and dumb please?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

your money would almost certainly be lost when the exchange you use exit scams

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

these kind of arguments get me real close to biting. like I have savings and investments, so what’s the harm in buying bitcoin in case it does go to like a million? like if I bought $100 worth I’d never miss it and it could be worth $10,000. I guess what I’m saying is can someone tell me bitcoin is bad and dumb please?

It's important to understand that the reason these people are pushing people to buy bitcoins is because they understand that the only way they can make money from them is by taking money off other people who decide to buy them. Every dollar made on bitcoins is a dollar lost by someone else.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Right on. Let me tell you about an even better opportunity, Herbalife!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you're falling for the old "if we can just get a tiny percentage of a big number" fallacy thing and you should have a long hard look at yourself

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Can't wait for today's Billionaires to be poor beggars on the streets while I, with my Bitcoin riches, throne over all the peasants.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I was very nervous when I had sex with an ATM for the first time.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I was very nervous when I had sex with an ATM for the first time.

:smae:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol whatever, you were quite confident

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

klafbang posted:

Little Computer People

don't sign your forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
my little computer person sucked at poker and would get all depressed whenever i beat him at it

also i forgot to feed him and he turned green

it was a pretty cool game