Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

MonsieurChoc posted:

I once found a pdf of a nWoD Parasite Eve fangame.

You got an early copy of Deviant? I'm impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my example Odsecen npc was/is going to be called Parasite Steve

speaking of which, can any radical crunch-heads help me out with this?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

can anyone with more crunch experience than me help me out with this parasitism discipline? i'm a true dunce of the earth and having trouble making something 'balanced'. this is the rough outline so far:

1. ghoul body. your blood potence and humanity are considered your number of dots in parasitism lower/higher for the purposes of sunlight damage. the ghoul body takes on your physical stats, so you can't just possess a muscle man and dumpstat your own physical stats i guess.

2. stronger body connection. you can spend vitae to steal memories from the host brain, or use one of the host's stats in place of your own for a scene.

3. nervous control. you passively ignore (parasitism) wound penalties from bashing, or if you spend vitae ignore them from lethal

4. spine stinger. burst your spine out of your host's flesh to attack an enemy and inject them with some type supernatural paralysis venom

5. face hugger. in a high risk maneuver you can explosively leave your existing host and attempt to bore into a new host. this is contested somehow, and maybe if you do it on a vampire you can potentially diablerise them? but stealing their body doesn't give you any sun resistance.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Ah! It's still up on mrgone's website.

https://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/Misc/nWoD-ParasiteEve.pdf

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Oh hey so is that Immortal thing I thought got C&D'd or whatever.

EDIT: lol and there's an nWoD conversion for Kindred of the East.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That's nothing, on one of the oWoD MUSHes set in Hawaii they actually let people play one of those Highlander versions.

It was terrible.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

That Old Tree posted:

I don't remember if he wrote on it or just did layout, but MrGone (who was The Character Sheet Guy who eventually got tapped to do character sheets in published books) helped make "Immortal: The Quickening" or something like that which was a pretty grounded, okay take on Highlanders in nWoD. In fact, if I recall correctly, it looked so good they got asked to take it down from Mediafire or wherever it was hosted and stop distributing it.

I remember downloading the most professional-looking, longest oWoD Highlander fan supplement that I assume they pirated PageMaker or MS Publisher it looked so goodadequate, and boy was that a real piece of poo poo.

I don't think we ever put it up anywhere online, but my friend and I in high school spent months putting together an oWoD Jedi rule set that was, like, only half a total ripoff of WEG's Star Wars.

It's not WoD, but I'm pumped for Trenchcoats and Katanas to finally come out.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I was just doing some Shower Thinking about auto-reaping

So a guy figures out he could go back in time to eat his own soul. He grabs some kind of left-field thing, some new magic, a new artifact, a gun, that his past self wouldn't expect, then goes back a day earlier and eats himself. Then he goes back the day before that, and before that, and before that, devouring back along his own timeline.

Mage souls are worth a lot more to a reaper than sleeper souls, and depending on how long ago the auto-reaper awakened he could rack up thousands of mage souls.

But at some point he reaches the day of his awakening. There's no point going any further because prior to that he was a sleeper. So he stands there, at the time and place of his own awakening, having finally consumed his entire timeline as a mage.

What does he do next? Go back to his own time and enjoy his power? Stay in this time where he can operate as a force from out of the blue?

No.

He goes back in his personal timeline 10 minutes. He watches his younger self awaken. Then he sees himself, his auto-reaper self, appear to devour the kid. And he steps in and devours the devourer. He works his way all the way back upstream in the timeline, auto-reaping the auto-reaper.

He could potentially zig-zag like that forever, until every moment of his timeline is packed with temporal duplicates devouring and being devoured in turn. But that'd probably bring down the forces of reality like a ton of bricks.

So he goes back to the earliest point in his auto-reaper timeline, the time he was first about to jump back and eat himself, and he eats himself. Every mage who has ever seriously entertained auto-reaping has been, moments later, devoured by a temporal monstrosity that appears from nowhere then vanishes into the Supernal or Abyss forever.

Among reapers the phenomenon is spoken of in hushed whisperes: the Ourobouros Syndrome

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

my example Odsecen npc was/is going to be called Parasite Steve

speaking of which, can any radical crunch-heads help me out with this?
I suggested part of it so I like 1; also I like the physical stats thing, just say those are a measure of your ability to puppeteer the body (so if you have STR 5 in a STR 1 body, cool, guess you're making that wimp the hero of the beach)
2 I'd say specify it's skills/abilities otherwise good
3 simple, but solid
4 sure; maybe specify some sort of bonus if it's done during a grapple (or say it can only be done during a grapple, or against an unaware target, or unaware-or-grappled, something?)
5 gross and yes.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

I was just doing some Shower Thinking about auto-reaping

So a guy figures out he could go back in time to eat his own soul. He grabs some kind of left-field thing, some new magic, a new artifact, a gun, that his past self wouldn't expect, then goes back a day earlier and eats himself. Then he goes back the day before that, and before that, and before that, devouring back along his own timeline.

Mage souls are worth a lot more to a reaper than sleeper souls, and depending on how long ago the auto-reaper awakened he could rack up thousands of mage souls.

But at some point he reaches the day of his awakening. There's no point going any further because prior to that he was a sleeper. So he stands there, at the time and place of his own awakening, having finally consumed his entire timeline as a mage.

What does he do next? Go back to his own time and enjoy his power? Stay in this time where he can operate as a force from out of the blue?

No.

He goes back in his personal timeline 10 minutes. He watches his younger self awaken. Then he sees himself, his auto-reaper self, appear to devour the kid. And he steps in and devours the devourer. He works his way all the way back upstream in the timeline, auto-reaping the auto-reaper.

He could potentially zig-zag like that forever, until every moment of his timeline is packed with temporal duplicates devouring and being devoured in turn. But that'd probably bring down the forces of reality like a ton of bricks.

So he goes back to the earliest point in his auto-reaper timeline, the time he was first about to jump back and eat himself, and he eats himself. Every mage who has ever seriously entertained auto-reaping has been, moments later, devoured by a temporal monstrosity that appears from nowhere then vanishes into the Supernal or Abyss forever.

Among reapers the phenomenon is spoken of in hushed whisperes: the Ourobouros Syndrome

Welp. Time to find a way to use that somehow.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

That Old Tree posted:

Oh hey so is that Immortal thing I thought got C&D'd or whatever.

Someone should do a Fatal & Friends on those.

Or maybe they have already. I'm like a billion page sbehind on that behemoth of a thread.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That Old Tree posted:

Welcome to my home Gaijin 2.0.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Soonmot posted:

It's not WoD, but I'm pumped for Trenchcoats and Katanas to finally come out.

Is that one of the one-page RPGs like Lasers & Feelings?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there a good Actual Play or similar of Werewolf: The Forsaken out there?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shrecknet posted:

Is that one of the one-page RPGs like Lasers & Feelings?

No, it was a kick starter. I have the first draft saved somewhere. But it's basically 90s action TV: the rpg. You've got immortals, vampires, car wizards, ghosts.

Good stuff!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

car wizards?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 12, 2019

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Shrecknet posted:

car wizards?

You watch that gif like 3 times and you'll never wonder again why there's an entire Hunter book for killing mages.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's the smile stretching out into the grill that makes you finally decide Paradox works too slow.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Turbo teen transformed into a car whenever he got excited. That includes getting horny, imagine the hell of his cursed existence.

I love loving up my player's plans by tempting them into acting too soon.

The sex doll talen did it's job and lured out about half the outside guards around the biotech lab. The players spent the time building their essence and forming the gatornado which roared through the assembled guards, taking out one of the swamp buggies and a few guards as well as attracting all the remaining outside guards. With so many bad guys in once place, one of our itheaurs, who had just crafted a lightning wand when he promised a caged electricity spirit the opportunity to burn humans, jumped the gun and shocked the huge pool of water the guards were standing in.

That exposed the player's positions and now they have two more swamp buggies about to enter the scene with pissed off mercenaries manning the 50 cal machine guns.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 12, 2019

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I suggested part of it so I like 1; also I like the physical stats thing, just say those are a measure of your ability to puppeteer the body (so if you have STR 5 in a STR 1 body, cool, guess you're making that wimp the hero of the beach)
2 I'd say specify it's skills/abilities otherwise good
3 simple, but solid
4 sure; maybe specify some sort of bonus if it's done during a grapple (or say it can only be done during a grapple, or against an unaware target, or unaware-or-grappled, something?)
5 gross and yes.

do you have any idea how to put that stuff into like written rules terms? i'm very stupid at that part

also for the thread in general i have a lore question. in Night Horrors: The Tormented, there's a section on clones, and how in WoD cloning a whole being is impossible without some Azoth to fuel it, and if you don't have azoth on hand you just get a fresh corpse from cloning attempts. could a vampire embrace that failed clone?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Pretty sure the clone isn't alive, so no.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

vampires can embrace dead people though

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

vampires can embrace dead people though

:thunk:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

But can they embrace things which were never alive in the first place?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they can bring anyone they've fed on back to life using the embrace as long as their body is still reasonably fresh.

Zereth posted:

But can they embrace things which were never alive in the first place?

its been alive on a physical level, while it was growing

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

they can bring anyone they've fed on back to life using the embrace as long as their body is still reasonably fresh.

its been alive on a physical level, while it was growing

Wouldn't it get you a draugr, one of those mindless 0-humanity things that's pretty much the default result of screwing up Embrace Science, and a perfect host for any passing Strix?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

A clone without azoth is just like a side of beef found on the side of the road. Maybe you could try to embrace it, and maybe something horrible would happen, but just because something is person shaped doesn't mean it is a person.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Isn't Embracing the dead a Mekhet-only thing?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Captain Monkey posted:

That's nothing, on one of the oWoD MUSHes set in Hawaii they actually let people play one of those Highlander versions.

It was terrible.

oWoD MUSHes routinely fit into two categories: great premise with a rich history but currently dead, or heavily populated/active but loving terrible.

EDIT: Being fair, there's a couple middle-of-the-road sorts that occasionally pop up, but one is in maintenance mode, and the other I'm still kinda poking at. No idea what the state of nWoD MUSHing is like.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 12, 2019

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it's in the i think 2nd edition vtr rulebook?

Rand Brittain posted:

the OG mekhet were basically mummies who rose from the dead to fight the evil pharaoh, and that's why they were the Hollow Mekhet, cause their Ka (which in egyptian belief was a kind of 'spirit double' which was your vital force ie if it left you died) had left prior their embrace and uuhhh for some reason hates you now and is always getting rambunctious? i think they kind of hosed it up, the egyptian idea of the soul is very very complicated with like up to 9 parts depending on the era.

it'd make more sense for their Ba to be pissed off, cause that's the part of the soul that flew between the underworld and the living world and had to nest in the person's dead body, which is why they invented mummification. I don't imagine the Ba would be very happy if the body it had to nest in was walking around all over the place. plus the Ba looks like a bird, which would have some nice symbolic tie-in with the Strix

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Seems like there should be a chance of keeping your Humanity intact when deliberately embracing equal to the chance of a spontaneous embrace happening at all. Law of conservation of dots.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Boot posted:

oWoD MUSHes routinely fit into two categories: great premise with a rich history but currently dead, or heavily populated/active but loving terrible.

EDIT: Being fair, there's a couple middle-of-the-road sorts that occasionally pop up, but one is in maintenance mode, and the other I'm still kinda poking at. No idea what the state of nWoD MUSHing is like.

That sounds about right. The former tend to have stricter character concept policies than the former, which explains why the former are both active and filled with the Tremere Who Learned True Magick and enough Last White Howlers to repopulate the entire Garou Nation.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I know I made a joke about it, but I actually do want to know whiskey tango actual about the car-wizards.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rand Brittain posted:

No, but it is by far most prevalent among them. Most other vampires think post-mortem embraces are loving gross but the Mekhet have a long tradition of doing it.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Dawgstar posted:

That sounds about right. The former tend to have stricter character concept policies than the former, which explains why the former are both active and filled with the Tremere Who Learned True Magick and enough Last White Howlers to repopulate the entire Garou Nation.

Let us not forget every Gift/Discipline/Etc from every published book, and 5s in every single stat.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 12, 2019

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shrecknet posted:

I know I made a joke about it, but I actually do want to know whiskey tango actual about the car-wizards.

This is from the pre-edit text for backers.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Soonmot posted:

This is from the pre-edit text for backers.

soooo Mad Max then.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
And fast & furious

\/\/\/ Katanas and Trenchcoats

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 12, 2019

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

What game are the car wizards from? Is that Deviant? I'm appalled and amazed.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Joe Slowboat posted:

What game are the car wizards from? Is that Deviant? I'm appalled and amazed.

Not to my knowledge, unless the new developer added them. I’m genuinely stumped.

Edit: oh, it’s from Katanas and Trenchcoats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yup. Car wizards are k&t, turbo teen is deviant.

Holy poo poo, can we make turbo teen?