Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I can only imagine that either Lance has decided to just retire entirely from wrestling (seems unlikely to me, but who knows) or that one or another company has offered him a huge amount of money out of fear of him going somewhere else. I'd say WWE is more likely in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I can only imagine that either Lance has decided to just retire entirely from wrestling (seems unlikely to me, but who knows) or that one or another company has offered him a huge amount of money out of fear of him going somewhere else. I'd say WWE is more likely in that case.

He has said his kids are old enough now he can go on the road for a light schedule and received an offer he liked.

I should say this is almost certainly backstage. Part of the reason he wants to stop SWA is his body is hurting.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 10, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lance Storm for Super J Cup.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

He has said his kids are old enough now he can go on the road for a light schedule and received an offer he liked.

Oh in that case, I guess it could be AEW or could just as easily be a continuation of the work he's already been doing with Impact.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
as long as Lance keeps doing shows with Bryan i'll be happy. I really love listening to Lance. He has very smart and interesting takes on the business without veering into "here's the way it is you stupid fuckin' marks" the way other veterans like al snow do

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MJeff posted:

Lance in the g1

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

Lance Storm & Chris Jericho teaming up for Tag World, bringing back the Thrillseekers

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Lance Storm & Chris Jericho teaming up for Tag World, bringing back the Thrillseekers

Have them tag as the thrillseekers but keep them in their Super Serious/Goth dad gimmicks

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Lance Storm closing his school is a crazy to me because he loved being a teacher at his own place on his own terms.

If he gave that up for Impact...

I mean, if he can make good money as a backstage person then he’s a tremendous asset because I love how he talks about ideas and what’s right/wrong with wrestling. (He’s like Jim Cornette if Jim Cornette knew any way to talk other than yelling.) But....impact....

EDIT: Lance is naming all the people he trained, and holy cow I completely forgot about Sylvester Lefort.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 10, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seems more likely that it's AEW or WWE. TNA wouldn't have been much of a time commitment that necessitated closing it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think the thing that stuck out to me from the interview is that he said it was quite a bit harder on his body nowadays. He mentioned that even teaching something simple like a kick was something he'd need to do 50 times in a lesson, even if you only do it in a match once. In his words, he was a very hands-on teacher, and while he'd gotten a former student as an assistant coach, it sounded like the work he wanted to put in physically was getting too difficult at his age.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Seems more likely that it's AEW or WWE. TNA wouldn't have been much of a time commitment that necessitated closing it

But if he's wanting a light enough schedule that he can still be home for his kids some of the time, it can't be any part of WWE. Main roster agent would basically be back on the road full time and NXT would likely mean relocating to Florida at least for the PC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Plus Lance is smart enough to know that WWE does not keep promises. I doubt he’s entertained their offers.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He wouldn't need to have closed his school if the Pisscast was still around to be his side gig.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Defiance Industries posted:

He wouldn't need to have closed his school if the Pisscast was still around to be his side gig.

I fired Lance way before the pisscast ended because of the library debacle.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The most boring possibility (and therefore the most Lance Storm outcome) is him being full-time with Impact, which I completely expect to be the case and don't know why it has to be secretive.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'd be shocked if loving Impact paid Lance enough to justify him shutting his school down

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Callis bleeding the owl dry like the money mark it is.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Haven't gotten to the Takeover review proper but I loved Dave trying to be polite about Gargano/Cole

"It was good in the sense that it went 51 minutes"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bryan was completely wrong about Will's selling of the leg against Tanahashi. Will looked bad rear end doint big spots on a hurt leg!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
who the gently caress cares about G1 and Takeover you nerds

this is what really matters

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1160651591378038785

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aw, poo poo! I forgot to go this year!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1160655744233955328
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1160656346405990400
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1160657222654820352
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1160658275878092800

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Craig enables the poo poo out of Brent every time I see them together. He feeds him booze and watches him embarrass himself and laughs. It felt kind of mean-spirited, to be honest.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've run into Craig a few times at local shows and he's always vaguely annoying. He comes across as if he thinks he's really important because of the podcast but he never outright says it. It's odd.

He always leaves when Randy Myers comes out to do a match because Myers will kiss men in the audience on his way to the ring.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If that's the case, it's probably for the best that I missed it this year.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Craig sucks

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

yea ok posted:

Craig sucks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Craig enables the poo poo out of Brent every time I see them together. He feeds him booze and watches him embarrass himself and laughs. It felt kind of mean-spirited, to be honest.
craig is a good christian boy and needs to feed his thirst for judging others

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

craig loves tits

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave talking about how good Lance Archer was this G1 only to lose it on Baron Corbin was amazing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

New Day promo. Said Dre was here. It was Drake Maverick pretending too be Dre.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave talking about how good Lance Archer was this G1 only to lose it on Baron Corbin was amazing
this was absolutely incredible but also Lance Archer in WWE would 100% be no more interesting than Baron Corbin

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

this was absolutely incredible but also Lance Archer in WWE would 100% be no more interesting than Baron Corbin

He was the less interesting half of a tag team with Curt Hawkins

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan, Vinny and Craig's gushing love for Seth vs. Brock was really refreshing, it was so nice to hear them so excited about a WWE match for what feels like the first time in a long time :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I just watched that match and it was really good! It was a really Vinny kind of match I can see why he’d mark out for it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Huge news: dave says he has "turned the corner" on Taichi thanks to the G1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how angry he got that Taichi wasn't wrestling like this before, and Bryan quietly noting,"Maybe he didn't want to kill his body...?"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lid posted:

Huge news: dave says he has "turned the corner" on Taichi thanks to the G1

Finally, justice for Taichi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i'm a bit surprised vinny and bryan were as high on the show as they were. i thought absolutely nothing stood out aside from how bad the iiconics match was and how good the brock/rollins match was (despite being largely the same thing as four months ago).