Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Looking up the synopsis for ant man and the wasp, whatever happpened with Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

She walked away after having her condition fixed for the time. No idea what happened during the five year snap.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Calaveron posted:

Looking up the synopsis for ant man and the wasp, whatever happpened with Ghost

Janet had the power to heal her because uhh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Darth Brooks posted:

She walked away after having her condition fixed for the time. No idea what happened during the five year snap.

Actually she probably died a horrible death. Scott was in the quantum realm collecting healing particles for Ghost. If she didn't get snapped, then everyone who could help her did so she probably phased out of existence :rip:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm sure they could easily say Bill Forster made up for Hank and co.'s absence now that they know a better way is possible.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Why doesn't Angel use guns? Apart from the obvious wings, Angel's supposed to have additional avian abilities like hollow bones and super keen eye sight. He could be a kicking rad sniper or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Because X-Men don't kill!

...:geno:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Personally I'd prefer one of those "they've been around a while in secret" introductions since it lets you have the core characters as adults (where they work better in almost every case) and have the rookie kid characters around too.

this is exactly what i was gonna post

have them show up as a small team of adults at a climactic time, then make up some junk to explain where they've been without doing a full backstory. hopefully they learned their lesson from this last spiderman reboot that there's no need to give us the same origin story we've seen multiple times before and audiences are basically fine with skipping over it rapidly

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cocks Cable posted:

Why doesn't Angel use guns? Apart from the obvious wings, Angel's supposed to have additional avian abilities like hollow bones and super keen eye sight. He could be a kicking rad sniper or something.

And Spider-Man could be a "kickin rad" assassin. Sometimes they don't do these things because it doesn't fit the character thematically.

Having the bird person usually associated with angelic motifs blowing people's brains out is a biiiiit off brand.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Cocks Cable posted:

He used to have a gas gun when he was trying to be a superhero before joining the x-men. Clearly told him to ditch it as it was offbrand

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make him a biblical angel with 4 faces and on fire.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Darth Brooks posted:

Marvel apparently cited her as a candidate for a member of the Thunderbolts, a project they're at least thinking about. The other possible members that apparently got mentioned were the Leader, Justin Hammer, and Vulture.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What makes MCU Falcon interesting isn’t his flying ability, it’s his personality and friendship with Cap. You just have to cast someone who isn’t a white paper sack as Angel.

I mean Fox had Ben Foster, one of the best actors working today, and blew that. So maybe Feige will do a little better.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would actually love to see a michael keaton vulture on thunderbolts

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wonder if the next Spider-Man solo film is going to follow up on the Vulture/Scorpion stuff from the end of Homecoming

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if the next Spider-Man solo film is going to follow up on the Vulture/Scorpion stuff from the end of Homecoming

It wouldn't be the first time a teased villain at the end of a Marvel movie disappears into the ether. Although if the next movie is the sinister six hunting outlaw Spider-man down it's possible.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Cocks Cable posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is that a bazooka or a battering ram?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Cythereal posted:

Marvel apparently cited her as a candidate for a member of the Thunderbolts, a project they're at least thinking about. The other possible members that apparently got mentioned were the Leader, Justin Hammer, and Vulture.

I want this and I want it right now

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cythereal posted:

If they do this, they need to bring back Tim Blake Nelson for the Leader.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, if they do Doom in the MCU, they need to have him headline a solo movie where he replaces Tony Stark as everyone's favorite and it pisses off the rest of the Avengers because he's exactly like Tony, they just don't like him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Also, if they do Doom in the MCU, they need to have him headline a solo movie where he replaces Tony Stark as everyone's favorite and it pisses off the rest of the Avengers because he's exactly like Tony, they just don't like him.

They already did that with Mysterio.

Plus I don't want Doom making quips and being sassy, I want him talking in the third person and making shakespearean declarations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What makes MCU Falcon interesting isn’t his flying ability, it’s his personality and friendship with Cap. You just have to cast someone who isn’t a white paper sack as Angel.

Make MCU Angel from a super anti mutant MAGA type family that drank the koolaid until his mutation happened.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is that a bazooka or a battering ram?

Once you run out of rockets it becomes a battering ram.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All of the last page tells me we should just start with the actually interesting Giant-Size team and stop pretending anybody likes Angel. They can just introduce Jean and Beast later. Can probably sub Thunderbird for Iceman. Or maybe keep Jean so you can have more than 1 woman on the team. Just no Phoenix or so help me god.

Also idk where all these Renner Hawkeye fans were, but I've needed you for the last decade!

E: Blue Beast. Not regular Beast.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 12, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

Also idk where all these Renner Hawkeye fans were, but I've needed you for the last decade!

I've been a Renner fan since he popped up on Angel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should hire Zack Snyder to do the reshoots for New Mutants

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I can't even be mad at that. They probably should.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They should hire Zack Snyder to do the reshoots for New Mutants

Is the world really ready for Sucker Punch 2?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You do the Kitty Pryde intro story, but you don't have to use Kitty, you can use almost any young mutant in that spot.

And I agree, no Phoenix, no Weapon X stuff, no Mutant Cure or love triangle between Logan, Jean and Scott.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
make the movie about illyana and laura and they become gfs at the end, go ahead and send me the cheque disney

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Make the movie about Lurdiak the new X-man everyone likes.

twistedmentat posted:

You do the Kitty Pryde intro story, but you don't have to use Kitty, you can use almost any young mutant in that spot.

Dang beat me to it.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ice Man is one of Marvel's most visible queer characters, if they were doing an origin story about the X-Men, especially the original five, and swapped him out that would be an extraordinarily bad look. I'm not saying they can't make other characters queer for the sake of the movies-- they absolutely should make every mutant gay except Cyclops-- but conspicuously shelving Bobby is a bad idea.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't they explicitly have him straight(dating rogue) in the movies? Because of that I didn't even know the character was not straight.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Didn't they explicitly have him straight(dating rogue) in the movies? Because of that I didn't even know the character was not straight.

Iceman being revealed as queer came after the movies. It's a pretty recent development.

Rhyno posted:

I've been a Renner fan since he popped up on Angel.

With the awful Irish accent?! No way, I don't believe you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Iceman being revealed as queer came after the movies. It's a pretty recent development.

It was handled so poorly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

With the awful Irish accent?! No way, I don't believe you.

Every accent on Buffy and Angel was terrible though.

It's gonna be fuckin epic when Disney hires Zack Snyder for Avengers 5.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Jean invading someone’s mind and loving things up is pretty on-character though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Collossus is canonically gay isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lurdiak posted:

I forgot it even happened until I read that post.