Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got put on the team and I used my time to get a draft of the ending. I'm going to spoil it for you. Actual real rear end spoilers follow

Cyber Dwarf's head lies near death on the floor near Hoopz while Cuchulainn laughs about how everything has been futile and Hoopz was better off staying in the jail city not knowing of his past. Cyber Dwarf laughs to this and tells Hoopz that it's not pointless. He should never give up... and that he has a special message from his father.
His cyber eye lights up and a shadow hologram of a familiar man is displayed. It's Barkley. He gives a inspiring speech to Hoopz telling him that he needs to revive the soul of B-Ball if he's going to ever find his inner strength. Before the message can finish though Cuchulainn crushes his head under foot killing Cyber Dwarf.
Something snaps in the once innocent Hoopz as he watches his friend die. The last of his memories come flooding back into him as he remembers the joy of dribbling. Filled with a newfound fury he grips his B-Ball tightly.
"That finally shut him up. He was seriously getting on my nerves" sneers the powerful Cuchulainn before he notices the b-ball glowing in Hoopz hand.

"What's that? You think a B-ball can stop me?" He asks as a pure blue energy swirls around it causing the b-ball to spin violently, Hoopz tears streaming down his cheeks. "I know it will. I'm going to end this right now." He spits as he propels himself forward, jamming the spinning blue b-ball into Cuchulainn's chest causing the villain to cough blood directly into Hoopz face. "W-what is this? This power?!" He screams.
"It's my special technique you baka, it's the Rasengan!" Cuchulainn's face twists into rage as his body begins to crumble. "This can't be happening! Me, defeated? Impossible!"

Hoopz smirks. "Believe it!"

Cuchulainn is then blown to bits.

There, now we can never wonder about the game again.

i believe that this is how the game would actually end, and now i can die a happy old woman

where do i save

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
A couple new bugs:

If you die and quit the game on the cinematic, the respawn coordinates aren't set so your save file is now unloadable

The eat candy hotkey is still active while inside the recharging tube

If you breed a powerful enough gun there is no lower limit on rate of fire, so it can dump all thousand or so bullets in a single frame and crash the engine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tunicate posted:

If you breed a powerful enough gun there is no lower limit on rate of fire, so it can dump all thousand or so bullets in a single frame and crash the engine
feature

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Tunicate posted:

This is the true ending. You can all quit and go home now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Finally, enough dakka.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
also the talesofgames security cert just expired

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ljsalkjdlaksd

I'm in. Holy poo poo, they had the game done the whole time...it's all just one big Jojo reference! No! Noooooooooo!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Man this thread died fast after the demo came out

By the way, that ending spoiler is actually remarkably similar to the actual ending, just replace the BBall Rasengan with a Cyber Spear and add +1 boss battle.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 11, 2019

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Bisse posted:

The last Barkley is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace...

Seriously though I don't have much to add at this point. Thanks to the togster revelations I could finally stop waiting for B2 and move on, like a ghost at the end of a movie. Thank you for everyone who spoke out. It can't have been easy to admit that the project was messed up after all the time and effort put into it. I wish the best for you in whatever you are doing in the future.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Personally I just read the thread. Haven't touched the demo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Honestly it isn't worth playing except as a historical curiosity, the sprites are great but everything else is misguided at best.

What is worth playing is katana zero, which feels a little like a barkey spiritual sequel but is actually fun

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

as soon as i saw the Newgrounds: The Origins-level thing about gutting the bird i felt a tremendous peace because that's when i knew i could safely stop believing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
how do you save the game

i knew the game was doomed from the moment i got out of the tutorial and realized that the sluggish dodge rolling and even more sluggish movement wasn't a joke and you really do just move and roll that slow

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, it was all clunky as gently caress and they weren’t lying that playtesting was priority Z when going over their main issues with development.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Requiescat in game's

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I still believe...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why? are you an idiot?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I expected bad gameplay but didn't expect the total lack of joke's.
The serious:jokey dialogue ratio is like 20:1, katana zero has more jokes per line.

It's actually real sad, the only thing I expected from the game is that it would be funny

I laughed at character creation then got in game and ne'er laughed anew

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I expected bad gameplay but didn't expect the total lack of joke's.
The serious:jokey dialogue ratio is like 20:1, katana zero has more jokes per line.

It's actually real sad, the only thing I expected from the game is that it would be funny

I laughed at character creation then got in game and ne'er laughed anew

tbf i think this is partly a consequence of the specific slice of the game we got- iirc the humor was supposed to be kind of backloaded after the early part gives you the setting/story with a more-or-less straight face, and the demo cuts off before we'd be fully past that

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pretty sure it's because the team members who were great comedy writers jumped ship long ago.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Pretty sure it's because the team members who were great comedy writers jumped ship long ago.

i mean it's this too, but i'm speaking less to the quality of the jokes and more to their presence/non-presence

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Chef Boyardee posted:

will there be joke's ?
NO.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why? are you an idiot?

I have nothing left.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
You clearly have Joke's turned off in the Option's menu.

Turn it on to access all the joke's and chuckle's.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
this guy makes my computer chug but doesn't quite crash

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I had this one:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

sell the game to the enter the gungeon guys

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

sell the game to the enter the gungeon guys

I'd rather it go to someone who can make shooting anything feel good

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pomp posted:

I'd rather it go to someone who can make shooting anything feel good
How about the nuclear throne guys?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 12, 2019

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

spit on my clit posted:

how do you save the game

The thread has been very clear on this point - there is no saving Barkley 2 from itself (or from the Dark Drakers).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Khorne posted:

How about the nuclear throne guys?

nah, gently caress rami ismail. guy's a loving piece of poo poo and annoying, too. like if my posts were unironic.

LuiCypher posted:

The thread has been very clear on this point - there is no saving Barkley 2 from itself (or from the Dark Drakers).

i meant how do you save inside the game

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Only through God can you be saved, and God is not in the game.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

If one of those guys wanted to make an action RPG they'd just make one from scratch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

nah, gently caress rami ismail. guy's a loving piece of poo poo and annoying, too. like if my posts were unironic.

i meant how do you save inside the game

what's so bad about Rami. He is a bit annoying but I thought that was all

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Bisse posted:

By the way, that ending spoiler is actually remarkably similar to the actual ending, just replace the BBall Rasengan with a Cyber Spear and add +1 boss battle.

i mean i sorta felt like you'd already been through enough just by being associated with Barkley 2 for any serious length of time

e: I do still want that Dark Drakerz gang tag though

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm looking forward to this game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bisse posted:

That's not how it got resolved in my fanfiction, Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden Gaiden

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tunicate posted:

That's not how it got resolved in my fanfiction, Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden Gaiden
I don't want to know how the second gaiden is pronounced.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what's so bad about Rami. He is a bit annoying but I thought that was all

He'll go to bad for any other game dev no matter what they do.

Also the whole "lied for years (like two) about whether or nor Nuclear Throne was being worked on including claiming that it was Vita cert fault that Update 99 was endlessly late to be released for PC and stuff, and ended up just hiring some Nuclear Throne modders to actually put out Update 99 which was just a bug fix patch and then declared that the last update and the game finished despite being blatantly unfinished".

Say what you want about Gungeon gameplay, but they at least got the game to 1.0.