Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I need that shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't decide what I want to know more: how Endorsi got there or how he doesn't know she's there.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sindai posted:

I can't decide what I want to know more: how Endorsi got there or how he doesn't know she's there.

I think that it's just an Endorsi body pillow that the I AM NERD is ashamed about having, so keeps tucked away.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I gotta admire the balls on the guy whose job is to be the speaker for an elder, thinking he's a match for a guy whose title implies he's supposed to be one of the people to kill Jahad. No I don't think you can take this guy Envoy, I don't know why you did either.

Sindai posted:

Look at the hand, it's weirdly wrapped around and static. Dude has a body pillow

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I feel dumb because I read that panel twice and would have sworn that's supposed to be her thoughts in it

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Apparently there's some stuff going around about ToG potentially getting animated.

It'd have a hell of a season 1 finale.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Enormous if true

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hopefully it gets the One Punch Man treatment of being made by someone who loves it.

The first season, not the second.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I forget where the tweet is but it was flat out announced that Tower of God is getting an anime done by a Japanese studio.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sugita for mangator imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

I forget where the tweet is but it was flat out announced that Tower of God is getting an anime done by a Japanese studio.

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1158454447636283392?s=20

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I'm guessing they chose those two because they're pretty safe inclusions with huge backlogs of content. Hopefully it won't be done too cheaply but, hell, I'm just excited it's being done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh huh I saw that announcement elsewhere but just kind of skimmed I guess and missed that ToG was part of it.

Not sure what to expect but I'll absolutely give it a shot.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

That's pretty exciting. The style and visuals of ToG have the potential to look really cool animated. Hope it turns out well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm actually a little sad they have Noblesse cause it ends up in the trap of too many characters for a battle series by midway through which is rough.

On the other hand it's done so they don't need to worry about catching up to the series so they can do pacing nicely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nimby posted:

Hopefully it gets the One Punch Man treatment of being made by someone who loves it.

The first season, not the second.

the mob psycho 100 treatment where it's really good past the 1st season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this was for a game apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkTox8LhLI0

edit: from the reddit ToG page

quote:

1- webtoons said that they were gonna make a live action of tower of god and noblesse, but it was way too expensive to make, and they found out that an anime adaption is more fitting for both of them.
2- they also mentioned that they are planning on getting anime adaptions on more popular manhwas.

lmao live action

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 6, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There are definitely webtoons that are perfectly suited for live action. Tower of God is not on that list

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Wow, live action would have been miserable.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

profileusername posted:

Wow, live action would have been miserable.

*looks at 12 foot tall comic relief mangator*
yes, i want to do this as a live action, this will work

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Shugojin posted:

*looks at 12 foot tall comic relief mangator*
yes, i want to do this as a live action, this will work

*12 Inch*

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Mri Jin should have effortlessly wrecked all of those people imo, but who cares it's an action trailer for a phone game.

Noblesse 100% is an anime though, it was only a matter of time. And yes, ending season 1 of ToG where season 1 ended would be :discourse:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Just so we are clear you all are referring to:

The main character "dying?"

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Gologle posted:

Mri Jin should have effortlessly wrecked all of those people imo...

I'm not sure, I bet HCLW in his prime would be up there.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Karaka is really growing on me in this arc

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Karaka is a stainless ball of awesome.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Really disappointed I didn't get a berserk Baam moment there.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It's not over yet.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-22/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=440

Bam vs Random Ranker Dude. Let us see who prevails!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Urek was as strong as the strongest non-jahad family member by floor 100. What floor is baam even in lol

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

They're on the 52nd floor.

I can see this arc ending in 2 ways. Bam uses the Fang to revive Deng Deng and give him enough power to become the leader of the canine people, or Bam absorbs the Fang and who knows what else as yet another extra power battery.

The final fight against Jahad is going to be a titanic Jahad brimming with power vs a regular sized Bam who's being orbited by a constellation of power-ups.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

nimby posted:

The final fight against Jahad is going to be a titanic Jahad brimming with power vs a regular sized Bam who's being orbited by a constellation of power-ups.

"Don't talk to me or my pointy, red son ever again"

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

Urek was as strong as the strongest non-jahad family member by floor 100. What floor is baam even in lol

Urek was a badass warrior before he ever entered the Tower, though. Baam came in as a blank slate with no capability.

I'm guessing Baam's growth is probably the fastest so far because of all the myriad power ups he's been given, but he just started at the lowest level of any irregular.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Every other Irregular was an isekai protagonist. They entered the world and were already cheating super powerful awe inspiring monsters.

Baam is an older style shounen MC, where he is still incredibly powerful, but doesn't start off at able to beat everyone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's going to look inside himself when he becomes a ranker and find everyone is crushed together because he absorbed so much

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Jose posted:

he's going to look inside himself when he becomes a ranker and find everyone is crushed together because he absorbed so much

I think it was Rachel who claimed his real purpose was to curse and consume the entire Tower, so you might not be far off.

It took me way too long to realize that canine people transform because they are werewolves.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I feel like the original 3 canine brothers are experiments to combine an anima with it's creature.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Incoming Baam getting his own canine person style transformation.

I don't actually expect it to happen but it would be silly.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

profileusername posted:

Incoming Baam getting his own canine person style transformation.

I don't actually expect it to happen but it would be silly.

Khun still has Doom's Fang. . . . Ugh it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I choose to believe that Deng Deng will be revived and join the squad and that's what the fang is for, not for yet another Baam power up