Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
w o w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Epstein Truther: noun - a person who believes the official narrative about the death of Jeffrey Edward Epstein

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

so um. that's it? nothing is going to come of this? we're all supposed to go back to school and work and all that poo poo?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

lmao if there's a talking point memo that says to mention sandra bland's "suicide" when talking about epstein

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly not surprised. They don't have a lot of info about his death still, but they would have a lot in the can about prison suicide, the prison industrial complex, etc.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Old article about his properties

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/a28397298/jeffrey-epstein-homes-real-estate-properties/

And another from 2010:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mon...=true&r=US&IR=T

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

so um. that's it? nothing is going to come of this? we're all supposed to go back to school and work and all that poo poo?

yes, secure in the knowledge that statistically you are much more likely to be murdered by a police officer than kidnapped and raped by a pedophile ring of the nation's rulers

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Yes. He's just some rich eccentric who killed himself in his jail cell. We'll never know how or why. Asking questions makes you a crank. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hey remember Sandra Bland? Weird, huh.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lmao if there's a talking point memo that says to mention sandra bland's "suicide" when talking about epstein

Practically screaming its a murder and cover up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
btw about ghislaine maxwell her dad named his boat after her and was almost certainly loving her

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghislaine_Maxwell

quote:

Maxwell had an unusually close relationship with her father and was widely credited with being her father's favorite child.[3][7][8] The Times reported that Robert Maxwell did not permit Ghislaine to bring her boyfriends home or to be seen with them publicly, starting from the time she was attending Balliol College at Oxford.[9]

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sarahclazarus/status/1160206704988086272

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

it owns

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i mean even if something comes of this it'll take time

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
soon laws won't matter for us peasants and its going to own bones

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jose posted:

btw about ghislaine maxwell her dad named his boat after her and was almost certainly loving her

That sounds familiar.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Jose posted:

epstein's yacht was ALSO named The Lady Ghislaine (according to TrueAnon)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

RandomPauI posted:

I'm honestly not surprised. They don't have a lot of info about his death still, but they would have a lot in the can about prison suicide, the prison industrial complex, etc.

yeah, there's no facts yet.

The only significant development i've seen in the story today was NYPost combing its archives and finding out that the last successful suicide in that jail was 21 years ago.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

On Monday French government ministers also called for an investigation into Epstein, saying a US probe into the accused child sex trafficker had revealed links between Epstein and France.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49322050

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

he was arrested at teterboro, coming from paris. no poo poo there’s a link between epstein and france

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

am i gonna believe the eventual official investigative ruling that he hanged himself using a bed sheet and there is no way this could have been prevented b/c everyone needs bedsheets and there's innumerable things you could use to hang yourself or the former mcc inmate saying that there are cells with no way to hang anything and that the bed sheets are made too thin to hang yourself

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

he was arrested at teterboro, coming from paris. no poo poo there’s a link between epstein and france

Hes got a fancy appartment there

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Pod Save America Jons' take on Epstein is exactly what you would expect lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
God only knows what happened in there

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*medical examiner literally says they won't state a cause of death pending further information, we still don't even have any information about the details of how he would've managed to hang himself*

*entire media screams it's a suicide*

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

*medical examiner literally says they won't state a cause of death pending further information, we still don't even have any information about the details of how he would've managed to hang himself*

*entire media screams it's a suicide*

any medgoons lurking? like if its a suicide, wouldn't it be fairly cut and dry?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Since 2008 any pretense of justice or rule of law has just been completely eviscerated.

Oh war crimes don't matter? We're going to look forward and not backward? Ok.

Oh financial crimes don't matter? We're going to bail out the banks who crashed the economy instead? Ok.

Oh a capitalist cabal of pedophiles organized by a billionaire who was given all his money just to be a lolita pimp, secured him a sweetheart deal that let him walk free for a decade before murdering him in prison the second time he was convicted? Ok.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can we just call journalists cop stenographers from now on

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Alpha Centauri posted:

any medgoons lurking? like if its a suicide, wouldn't it be fairly cut and dry?
idk but a primary issue here is an extreme lack of information (even if such information could be fabricated and made up to support a specific narrative) and the media has already made up its mind and conclusion

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

like do we even know if epstein was alone in his cell at the time of his death and if there was a camera watching the hallway of the cell he was imprisoned in?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IIRC there were never any criminal convictions for the robosigning scandal, and that was banks literally just stealing homes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

am i gonna believe the eventual official investigative ruling that he hanged himself using a bed sheet and there is no way this could have been prevented b/c everyone needs bedsheets and there's innumerable things you could use to hang yourself or the former mcc inmate saying that there are cells with no way to hang anything and that the bed sheets are made too thin to hang yourself

epstein didn't hang himself, he crushed his windpipe by slamming his neck on the edge of his bed frame at a 60 degree angle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

like do we even know if epstein was alone in his cell at the time of his death and if there was a camera watching the hallway of the cell he was imprisoned in?

He was alone and there is supposed to be a camera pointing into the cell from what I ubderstand.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Russia did it?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Finicums Wake posted:

*takes a weekend break from the news. 1.8k posts in the epstein thread*

wonder what happ--holy poo poo lmao

same

my brain

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
He was pretty shocked at how powerful the guy doing the forcing was as well.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

the Jons are jealous that they couldn't take a flight

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Only bots and cranks question the official narrative, citizen.

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1161030522853842944?s=19

Edit fixed link

Nothus has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Aug 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Article quoted a page or two ago says someone was transferred to his cell hours before he died and they couldn't rule out if it was murdercop or not