Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The White Rose quest was more annoying than the Path of Pain, even if it only took me like 5-6 attempts and I was finished in under an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I did it! :dance:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

The White Rose quest was more annoying than the Path of Pain, even if it only took me like 5-6 attempts and I was finished in under an hour.

the trick i thought of was starting from the destination and working my way across the map to where you pick up the rose without sitting on any benches, so the lion's share of enemies who don't respawn until you rest were already cleared out

still think i smashed myself into the thorns at the finish line once even doing that though

Peanut!
May 12, 2019
Wow gently caress Failed Champion

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Peanut! posted:

Yeah he sucks rear end. Imo it’s worth stacking health and damage racing him

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Peanut! posted:

If you stay close to him on the ground you can kind of trick the AI into just jumping over you repeatedly and not actually attacking. At least, I think that's how I beat that fight.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cowcaster posted:

the trick i thought of was starting from the destination and working my way across the map to where you pick up the rose without sitting on any benches, so the lion's share of enemies who don't respawn until you rest were already cleared out

still think i smashed myself into the thorns at the finish line once even doing that though

I was gonna say, you can still do this trick can't you? Its pretty cheesy but works well.

But you can still die at the end yeah lol.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Boss tier list

1. NKG
2. The Radiance
3. Failed Champion
4. That loving laser rear end in a top hat in the crystal mines

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The flower quest is also a lot easier if you do it when the crossroads are still safe, though since that means no double-jump, it has its own complications.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I BEAT NIGHTMARE KING FINALLY. I've been just slamming my face into him in the Hall of Gods to make up for my banishing of the troupe, and after an hour or two of work I managed to finally learn his patterns to the point where I was able to secure the victory. I honestly thought I would never be able to do it. After that, some more work got me through Pantheon 3, which unlocked Godseeker, which lets me finally do Sisters of Battle!... and some other bosses I guess. But Sisters of Battle is the one I cared about the most. I love them.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Just took down the Radiance, that was a really fun fight, and it felt so good when I got the win.

Now I'm bashing my head against NKG. Oof :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Alxprit posted:

I BEAT NIGHTMARE KING FINALLY. I've been just slamming my face into him in the Hall of Gods to make up for my banishing of the troupe, and after an hour or two of work I managed to finally learn his patterns to the point where I was able to secure the victory. I honestly thought I would never be able to do it. After that, some more work got me through Pantheon 3, which unlocked Godseeker, which lets me finally do Sisters of Battle!... and some other bosses I guess. But Sisters of Battle is the one I cared about the most. I love them.

What does Godseeker Mode actually do? I haven't bothered to start a new game to find out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Godseeker Mode just locks you in Godhome with a complete inventory.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Godseeker also unlocks bosses in the pantheon that you haven't seen yet and won't ever see unless you beat pantheon 4 and do most of pantheon 5.

There's one boss left in the game that even godseeker won't put in the pantheon by default and you have to get to the very very end of pantheon 5 to see it.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Failed Champion does have a discernible pattern but you really have to stay aware of what he's doing. If he jumps backwards he's going to throw a wave at you, if he jumps forwards he'll probably try to club you. Dash towards him whenever he jumps but make sure you know which direction he's going in first so he doesn't land on you - go under him if he's jumping at you, stay at middling range if he jumps backwards so you have space to jump over the wave. Try not to stay in the air any longer than you have to because he leaps all over the loving place and the falling rocks will likely catch you off guard as well.

Don't forget when he's having his big tantrum in the middle after his stagger, you can whip the falling boulders at him for a couple of extra hits.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No Wave posted:

Godseeker also unlocks bosses in the pantheon that you haven't seen yet and won't ever see unless you beat pantheon 4 and do most of pantheon 5.

There's one boss left in the game that even godseeker won't put in the pantheon by default and you have to get to the very very end of pantheon 5 to see it.

Yeah I'm yawning at the superboss still being locked away even in Godseeker but what the heck ever, I did everything else and I'm fine with never beating pantheons 4 and 5 because I proved I could beat each boss on my own merits.

https://twitter.com/Alxprit/status/1160382945569280001

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Yeah I'm yawning at the superboss still being locked away even in Godseeker but what the heck ever, I did everything else and I'm fine with never beating pantheons 4 and 5 because I proved I could beat each boss on my own merits.

https://twitter.com/Alxprit/status/1160382945569280001

I wish my brain knew how to pick arbitrary points and define them as "enough", but its broke hard.

Nightmare King Grimm is still one of my favorite bosses in pretty much any game/genre.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I accidentally banished the Grimm Troupe before finishing my unbreakable charms or fighting NKG. :(
Also Pantheon 3 is such a slog fighting through all these time-consuming and/or difficult bosses just to hit the brick wall that is Sly that I gave up :smith:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I accidentally banished the Grimm Troupe before finishing my unbreakable charms or fighting NKG. :(
Also Pantheon 3 is such a slog fighting through all these time-consuming and/or difficult bosses just to hit the brick wall that is Sly that I gave up :smith:

I also banished the troupe in my playthrough but you can still fight NKG in Godhome on that same save file, no need to unlock Godseeker mode or anything.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

I wish my brain knew how to pick arbitrary points and define them as "enough", but its broke hard.

I tend to have a broke brain too, but I can only take so much. Basically my thought process was, I spent hours upon hours learning how to fight NKG. (And Pure Vessel, to an extent - but getting used to Nightmare made him take a lot less time.) And I think to myself, the final challenge of this game not only involves beating him, but beating every other boss, in slightly harder configurations no less, without ever dying. Some bosses are easy. Some bosses are not easy. Sometimes, you slip up, and make mistakes. People are human, this kind of stuff happens. So, I think to myself, do I really think that I would enjoy myself and have a good time running up against an hour-long gauntlet of bosses only to die to someone I know I can beat, but not consistently? Especially with the added stress of my brain yelling at me to not screw it up for the love of god, because if you do you'll have to spend another hour getting back? The answer is clear.

Godseeker is the worst DLC pack. I love the new bosses but I wish I could have just fought them, no frills attached. And while the mode provides most of that, it doesn't provide all of it, which gets me back to griping. There are tiny, small rewards for torturing yourself in every capacity. Radiant refights, bindings for pantheons, it's all so... it's a lot of content, but for the wrong reasons.

Sorry to go off.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
By the time you can kill NKG you're going to be able to trivialize every other boss in the game without having to rely on babbygrim.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a release date yet for Silksong?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nope, they haven't even committed to a year yet :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s fine I’d rather it be perfect than rushed.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I finished a 107% run when that was the highest you could get, I think this was just before the last DLC hit. If I want to only (try to) do Godseeker, where do I start?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sjonkel posted:

I finished a 107% run when that was the highest you could get, I think this was just before the last DLC hit. If I want to only (try to) do Godseeker, where do I start?

It's all in one place, just Google how to get access. (It's been too long since I've picked it up or I'd direct you myself.)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The only bad boss in the game is Markoth 2, imo. Even the final boss in Godmaster isn’t too bad, it’s the gauntlet leading up to it that sucks.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Pure Vessel is making me a bit angry (at myself, for being poo poo). Maybe don't dodge away from him when you need to dodge through him, idiot!!

I will eventually win though. I got him down far enough once to see some weird tendril attack, I'm guessing I was close then.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Glare Seethe posted:

Pure Vessel is making me a bit angry (at myself, for being poo poo). Maybe don't dodge away from him when you need to dodge through him, idiot!!

I will eventually win though. I got him down far enough once to see some weird tendril attack, I'm guessing I was close then.

Pretty close, yeah. When you see that coming it somehow gets easier, you can just jump towards him and pogo for a while. But I definitely felt your pain regarding dodging the wrong way constantly, it goes against your natural tendencies after all. Maybe having Sharp Shadow active would incentivize it more? No idea.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I think I need to manage my position a bit better and as much as possible stay away from that midrange no man's land, cause that's where my brain gets momentarily confused about which way to dodge. Even when you dodge through him you need to be close enough at outset to get through safely.

I will say, though, there is something perversely enjoyable about that feeling, the fraction of a second immediately after you mess up but right before you're punished for it, when your brain processes both the mistake and the understanding that you're about to eat poo poo.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Zack Ater posted:

Just took down the Radiance, that was a really fun fight, and it felt so good when I got the win.

My favorite fight in the game by far. When that pure white title card with black text filled the screen and the music kicked up was the best finale for a fantastic game I could ask for.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s fine I’d rather it be perfect than rushed.

Yeah I was gonna say, with a tiny small team like Team Cherry, they probably don't want to announce a release date until they're certain they can meet it.

And with how detailed and massive their games are, combined with the small team, it could be very easy to slip. Hollow Knight went over-schedule didn't it?

Definitely would rather they take their time.

Sjonkel posted:

Check out the Royal Waterways, although you'll need another key. If you've used all your keys, you'll need to explore Resting Grounds.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
when is hornet knight coming out again?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

repiv posted:

Nope, they haven't even committed to a year yet :(

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The real question is, when are we getting a Quirrel game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

nrook posted:

The real question is, when are we getting a Quirrel game

There's a Quirrel comic :)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When is Zote the Mighty coming out again?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zote the Mighty was already released, deemed too good for this world, and pulled from stores

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Cartoon Man posted:

When is Zote the Mighty coming out again?

i took a poo poo earlier, so i guess then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm one binding away from the Weathered Mask, and only just found out the last Pantheon has a stupid little glowy jewel thing that lights up if you're a crazy person and manage to do all four bindings at once. I think..... I think I'm gonna have to be satisfied not lighting up the stupid jewel.