Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
free ross, apparently not understanding the meaning of "no appeals," has written a letter to the court protesting his conviction for being extremely unfair. his main arguments seem to be:

* my lawyer was incompetent
* my lawyer didn't include me in his decisions of which jurors to exclude
* i didn't understand what was going on during the trial or anything the lawyers or judge said
* if i didn't understand any of it, then neither did the jurors

this dude is dumb as poo poo

https://www.scribd.com/document/421597291/gov-uscourts-nysd-422824-357-0

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

...! posted:

free ross, apparently not understanding the meaning of "no appeals," has written a letter to the court protesting his conviction for being extremely unfair. his main arguments seem to be:

* i didn't understand what was going on during the trial or anything the lawyers or judge said

he needs to figure out a way to appeal directly to trump

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1160977407576354817

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The CEO of CCP (EVE Online) has said some really dumb things, but with a blockchain.

Phone posting so getting fun quotes is a pain, but uh...wow.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

the superior blockchain is digital

the inferior bank database is electronic

qedcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what's the probability that the person i never met managing my bank account is a freeman on the land taxation is theft crankjob vs. the chance that all of those bitcoin "auditors" are

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's true, transfers within my bank take up to several seconds.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

...! posted:

mywhines.txt

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
your honour i want to declare a mistrial on the basis that i am an idiot man with a tiny brain

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Will banks ever offer bitcoin accounts. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 days ago * by slvbtc

Banks usually offer accounts denominated in foreign currencies for example USD accounts in non US countries. They also offer pre paid travel cards etc.

How long before banks give up the fight and start offering bitcoin accounts.

Will banks ever concede to bitcoin and offer bitcoin wallet accounts and bitcoin debit cards? Or will they fight bitcoin until they go out of business?

Are there any banks that already do offer this?

Edit: the reason im curious would be to use banks as a bitcoin debit card until everyone accepts bitcoin directly.. Store btc offline but transfer weekly spending amounts to the debit card, its hard to find a legit btc debit card.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the dumbest thing I've read this month, and I've been re-reading my own posting history.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1161001603178082305
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1160950965819908097
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1161013386102153216

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

we choose to make bitcoin moon, and the other coins, not because they are good, but because they suck rear end

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

personally meeting the exchange operators and miners seems like a bit of a hassle. maybe dont argue against physical banks if you want to meet your banker.

i would love to hear what his definition of audit is.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

something that was made redundant thanks to blockchain and triple entry accounting

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Suspicious posted:

they're conflating electronic money with bitcoin, but money is already electronic. been that way since the 70s

and yeah here in        you can send money for free in seconds to other       ians, without the entire world knowing that you did so

where did you say you were? and what does ian have to do with it?

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
thank you all for telling me bitcoin is bad and dumb. forgot about how it’s a complete pain the rear end to actually acquire and sell because of the massive exchange risk.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

something that was made redundant thanks to blockchain and triple entry accounting
triple entry accounting is the disruptive idea that an attacker has a minimum of three ways to drain your account.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

the same thing it means when open source people say that open source code is safer than closed source code: that there's people out there somewhere who read all the source code transactions and check to make sure they're all good

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tbh "i'm a paranoid libertarian nut who thinks everyone's out to get me except you, my beautiful bits coin" is more honest than most bitcoin tweets

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Weatherman posted:

where did you say you were? and what does ian have to do with it?

they come in little cans

canned ians we call them

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
openssl had "millions" of "auditors" and heartbleed still happened

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

the best audits are ritually convoked with a solemn intonation of "what does #include mean"

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

...! posted:

"my lawyers were IDIOTS and didn't give me the opportunity to intone the magic incantations that would have instantly proven my innocence"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

i just love his argument that he's obviously much smarter than the jury that convicted him, so if he didn't understand what was going on during the trial then the jury couldn't possibly have understood any of it and were clearly bamboozled by fast-talking lawyers (his included)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My lawyer explicitly told me he was going to concede that I had operated an illegal drug market, but not even hinted that it was a bad thing!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i for one would love to hear what his own testimony would have been and how many mentions of poison oak trees it would have contained :allears:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

fross was just so overwhelmed and confused, that's why he callously started complaining about how unfair it was that he was going to jail right after the tearful statements from several families that lost children to his website

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

fross was just so overwhelmed and confused, that's why he callously started complaining about how unfair it was that he was going to jail right after the tearful statements from several families that lost children to his website

I mean, tbf, that does seem like the action of someone with no earthly clue what the gently caress is going on around him

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

i am not a lawyer but if your argument is that your lawyers were not telling you things during your trial maybe you should say something during the trial or appeal instead of sitting on it for 4 years.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

CampingCarl posted:

i am not a lawyer but if your argument is that your lawyers were not telling you things during your trial maybe you should say something during the trial or appeal instead of sitting on it for 4 years.

how was he supposed to know that when his lawyer wasn't telling him anything!?

(no sympathy for ross, but this reasoning could apply to folks who would have legitimately had no idea their counsel was actually incompetent until they spent some time in the prison library)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

yes to be fair if you don't know then it's impossible to claim ineffectual counsel. the problem for rossy boy is that ineffectual counsel, through various trips to the supreme court, have resulted in a reading that says, essentially, that the lawyer had to be so bad as to not exist during the trial. that's a high bar to reach, precisely because "well my attorney didn't win!" is not exactly a basis for incompetence: someone loses in a trial. it may be you! especially if you're so stupid that you have mycrimes.txt read into open court.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

iirc when hans reiser was on trial for murder he decided to direct-examine himself since he'd obviously do better than his laywer who was an idiot who couldn't even write a filesystem

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i mean

this is just describing poverty :confused:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
ross's new appeal has already been thrown out because he hosed up in simple and stupid ways:

quote:

Ulbricht’s attorneys argued his sentence should be thrown out because his lawyers at the time failed to advise him to take a plea deal that could have resulted in a lighter sentence.

Manhattan federal court judge Lorna Schofield promptly declared the filing “moot,” as one of Ulbricht’s former lawyers — the ones he says did a bad job — haven’t filed paperwork formerly withdrawing from the case.

l, o, and - furthermore - l

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
i delight in the fact that it must really sting for frossy rossy that this guy

got away cleaner than he did

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
actually haven't been keeping up with what happened with benty here, but reading up on it now it seems that he got away with no jail time or really any punishment at all, for being such a good cooperative guy? lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Was the lawyer paid in bitcoins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he was paid in sweet untraceable fiat puntos