Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

IOwnCalculus posted:

Given the choices, I think I'd rather see real Hinch stay in his seat and cardboard cutout Hinch get unceremoniously tossed from the local Honda dealership.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i want hinch and norris to get into some shenanigans

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Those don't even crack top ten worst Indycar commercials. Danica-Godaddy were worse, but it's hard to beat Indy-gestion.
Don't forget the heat :v:!

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Well drat. Did not see that coming.
Also I’d be okay with Hinch replacing the host guy from the Chevy ‘real people’ commercials.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He's gone from hawking Type R's to Silverados lol loving rekt.

They might give him like 3 seconds with a Corvette but it's SUV & Pick-Up town after that. Also great timing as GM Canada is laying off like everyone.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Space Racist posted:

Well drat. Did not see that coming.
Also I’d be okay with Hinch replacing the host guy from the Chevy ‘real people’ commercials.

Countdown until Mahk makes a skewer joke.

Also let's be fair the vast majority of commercials I've seen him in have been for the Accord.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What does Chevrolet even get out of IndyCar? All their poo poo in North America is now just pickups and SUVs and the Corvette has its entirely own IMSA/Sports Car series so that aspect is taken care of.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wirth1000 posted:

What does Chevrolet even get out of IndyCar? All their poo poo in North America is now just pickups and SUVs and the Corvette has its entirely own IMSA/Sports Car series so that aspect is taken care of.

Real racers, not actors

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WindyMan posted:

Real racers, not actors

What? No they don't. Hinchcliffe just said he's going Chevy??

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Camaro and Corvette are cool.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Couple interesting tidbits coming out with the McLaren poo poo.

Zak Brown (Hack Clown) is going to meet with Alonso at the Italian Grand Prix and talk about 'things'. Fucknando Shitlonso has yet to show any interest in running full-time Indy apparently and there haven't been any Indy 500 discussions for 2020 and beyond so there's that.

Also, James "Cha-Ching" Hinch-"Hollywood"-cliffe isn't as solid in McLaren as noted:

quote:

[...]

Motorsport.com understands that despite Schmidt’s stated intention to retain incumbent James Hinchcliffe for 2020, and the Canadian star’s assertion on social media that despite his American Honda and Honda Canada ties he was looking forward to “rekindling” his relationship with GM when Arrow McLaren Racing SP switch to Chevrolet power, that situation remains extremely fluid. Several Honda teams have expressed an interest in running an extra entry for Hinchcliffe, and the marque regards him as a huge asset in their marketing campaign.

Hinchcliffe himself was unavailable for comment.

Brown and Schmidt said the announcement had triggered a lot of interest in the driver market. The former commented, “The phone has definitely been very active with all sorts of individuals.”

Schmidt added: “The first goal was to get past the announcement last week, and then as Zak said, see how the phones light up and make that list. Then reconvene later this week and start making some of those decisions and offers and whatnot.

“So stay tuned – but it will be a few weeks before we make any announcements.”

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/alonso-successful-indycar-brown-mclaren/4512774/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Robin Miller, that one-man truth bazooka, also also has a silly season column up discussing how the McLaren-Arrow SP news could shake things up.

The smartest note is about drivers for McLaren - they didn’t announce anyone, and there was no “we look forward to James leading our team” comments - and combined with RLL suggesting they could go to three cars, that’s where Miller suggests Hinch could go next year.

Miller’s lean on McLaren drivers for next year: Nasr and Lefiti. Wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of them makes it in. I would guess somebody with Indycar experience would be good for the second seat.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nasr/Latifi would be such a hugely underwhelming driver lineup

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Latifi's been having a really good F2 season and his focus has been on F1. I'd be surprised if he went to IndyCar.

Nasr is pretty much a shoe-in given his career's downward trajectory.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Can't believe Latifi would take the downgrade of F1 over Indycar

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Peanut President posted:

Can't believe Latifi would take the downgrade of F1 over Indycar

Please.... there's no need to be snide.

We're about to have an entire season of watching McLaren gently caress up endlessly and Gil de Ferran probably getting sacked as a team boss for, what, the 3rd time or something.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
you should toxx on that idea

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Please.... there's no need to be snide.

We're about to have an entire season of watching McLaren gently caress up endlessly and Gil de Ferran probably getting sacked as a team boss for, what, the 3rd time or something.

It’s McLaren branding on the SPM team, they won’t be as dumb as this year’s Indy 500 shitshow. De Ferran isn’t that incompetent.

Letifi I can see taking a seat in IndyCar because there aren’t enough seats available in F1 right now. Where would he go? McLaren locked up its two current drivers.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

It’s McLaren branding on the SPM team, they won’t be as dumb as this year’s Indy 500 shitshow. De Ferran isn’t that incompetent.

Letifi I can see taking a seat in IndyCar because there aren’t enough seats available in F1 right now. Where would he go? McLaren locked up its two current drivers.

McLaren/Zak Brown is a poison. Sure, now it’s just branding agreement but already Gil has been put in charge and Honda is ditching them. Now the driver line ups are being hoisted up. And slowly it’ll start eroding away whatever is left like piss in a water cooling loop.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

harperdc posted:

Williams probably. Doubt Kubica’s coming back and Latifi’s dad is really loaded.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Williams probably. Doubt Kubica’s coming back and Latifi’s dad is really loaded.

Oh, wait a second. Latifi's dad invested like $200mil into McLaren Group lmao I forgot about that.

Yeah, Latifi is definitely coming to IndyCar.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, wait a second. Latifi's dad invested like $200mil into McLaren Group lmao I forgot about that.

Yeah, Latifi is definitely coming to IndyCar.

cool I hate this twat already

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Latifi is awful and the F2 field this year in general sucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wirth1000 posted:

Zak Brown (Hack Clown) is going to meet with Alonso at the Italian Grand Prix and talk about 'things'. Fucknando Shitlonso has yet to show any interest in running full-time Indy apparently and there haven't been any Indy 500 discussions for 2020 and beyond so there's that.

Also, James "Cha-Ching" Hinch-"Hollywood"-cliffe isn't as solid in McLaren as noted:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/alonso-successful-indycar-brown-mclaren/4512774/

Hinch is going to wind up in the third RLR car, isn't he?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yes

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I can also see the Meyers-Shank deal with SPM sliding over to become associated with Ganassi instead. Would make the most sense.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

Failanado alolonso doesn't wanna race is a series where victory isn't handed to him on a silver platter every week.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1161718912897232902

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dentist toy box posted:

Failanado alolonso doesn't wanna race is a series where victory isn't handed to him on a silver platter every week.

Measlesnando Antivaxlonso is such a great example of someone who has a truly impressive skillset that is completely ruined by his schizophrenic paranoia.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I don’t know or give a poo poo about any of the F1 drama so he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He tried Indy twice, makes him cooler than any other world champ in a long time.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Do yourself a favor and take a look at the F1 thread, then throw everybody in there on your ignore list before Alonso shows up in Indycar again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reynold posted:

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the F1 thread, then throw everybody in there on your ignore list before Alonso shows up in Indycar again.

It really is exceptional how it's only y'all who start this poo poo, every single time.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

The worst thread is a cesspool of shitposts, nothing more. F1 is considerably more entertaining without engaging with other F1 fans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No one said poo poo bud, you're melting down over something that hasn't even happened. Take a look in the mirror.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:ughh:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It was over 20 years ago that Will Smith told that giant bug "don't start nothin, won't be nothin" and I think it's a lesson everyone should take to heart.

In all seriousness though,

Cygni posted:

I don't know or give a poo poo about any of the F1 drama so he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He tried Indy twice, makes him cooler than any other world champ in a long time.

F1 drivers don't normally venture too far outside of F1, and the cynical part of me believes it's because they think it's the best series in the world but know it's not exactly the end-all be-all in terms of determining who is good at driving a race car. That Alonso is branching out to a bunch of different series says quite a lot about his confidence in himself. Of course it's cool that he tried Indy twice, I love it, but the dude is probably doing Dakar too. Ridiculous.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1161786780389130240

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Who was the other broadcaster we had before for part of the season again? Good riddance, anyway.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Reynold posted:

Who was the other broadcaster we had before for part of the season again? Good riddance, anyway.

Always Broadcasting Commercials apparently.

That said the stance locking people into watching everything on cable or a cable-supported web platform is predictably cynical for a broadcaster owned by one of the largest cable companies.

I just hope they improve their dogshit broadcast deal in Japan, get on DAZN you fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

harperdc posted:

Always Broadcasting Commercials apparently.

That said the stance locking people into watching everything on cable or a cable-supported web platform is predictably cynical for a broadcaster owned by one of the largest cable companies.

I just hope they improve their dogshit broadcast deal in Japan, get on DAZN you fools.

NBC hasn't exactly been great about commercials. It's still poo poo, and is a sad statement that its somehow still a better product.