Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I assume they need the dock and everything, and full trade in value includes you having the box, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I assume they need the dock and everything, and full trade in value includes you having the box, right?

Who throws away boxes lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pretty sure they don't require the box

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Can I trade my switch in for $225 of store credit without buying a new switch?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, no box, but they need all accessories, cables, and chargers. So, both Joycons, the joycon rails, the dock, the hdmi cable, the charger, and the joycon grip.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

No Wave posted:

Can I trade my switch in for $225 of store credit without buying a new switch?
Yes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, no box, but they need all accessories, cables, and chargers. So, both Joycons, the joycon rails, the dock, the hdmi cable, the charger, and the joycon grip.

I got all that you know I'm good for it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This all reminds me I've been putting off getting rid of my wii u to finish bayonetta 2

But playing bayonetta 2 makes me upset because it's not bayonetta 1

i wonder if I'd even get $20 for trading it in.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If nintendo actually does start releasing SNES games they've made the case for Switch Online and added immensely to the switch library.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

If nintendo actually does start releasing SNES games they've made the case for Switch Online and added immensely to the switch library.

maybe they were delaying them intentionally so that they could extend the popularity of Online later in the console's lifespan

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

No Wave posted:

This all reminds me I've been putting off getting rid of my wii u to finish bayonetta 2

Man I got like $35 for my copy so I looked it up and it's down to under $2 now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

No Wave posted:

yeah it's better!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The first SNES games to be put on the Switch will be Gradius III and Drakkhen.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Len posted:

Man I got like $35 for my copy so I looked it up and it's down to under $2 now

The Switch version probably murdered the values on the WiiU version

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheScott2K posted:

The Switch version probably murdered the values on the WiiU version

Even the switch version only hits $11 with the GameStop membership card.

I swear their numbers got more predatory over the last couple years

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Len posted:

Even the switch version only hits $11 with the GameStop membership card.

I swear their numbers got more predatory over the last couple years

I think I got $15 for it without the original box at a local store a few weeks ago.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Okay Switch thread. My buddy FINALLY ordered a Switch. He wants to know what games (besides BotW and Mario Odyssey) he should start out with.

So far I've got:

Celeste
Golf Story
and a bunch of the Arcade Shumps (because he loves those)

I need some more games though. I'm blanking right now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fire.
Emblem.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Mario.
Kart.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Canned Panda posted:

Okay Switch thread. My buddy FINALLY ordered a Switch. He wants to know what games (besides BotW and Mario Odyssey) he should start out with.

So far I've got:

Celeste
Golf Story

They will probably like Furi if they like arcade shmups

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Awesome, thank you. I couldn't figure out how to find it via google without knowing the manufacturer's name.

Canned Panda posted:

So far I've got:

Celeste
Golf Story

Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 are good options and cheap. Maybe the Mega Man/Mega Man X collections?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mario x rabbids is better xcom and goes on sale. In fact there are some good sales often so dont blow up a full priced backlog right away

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gamesjournalism.txt

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Canned Panda posted:

So far I've got:

Celeste
Golf Story

Flip Grip for the shumps if he hasn't already bought it: https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip

After that it's kinda depends on what genres he likes, the backlog of excellent ports is pretty long now.
Shovel Knight
Hollow Knight
Dead Cells
Into the Breach
Undertale
Slay the Spire
Mark of the Ninja
Yoku's Island Adventure
Katana Zero
Octopath
Xenogears
Steamworld series
Splatoon
Smash Brothers
Mario Maker
...and so on.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Gamesjournalism.txt

They're dropping some hints! A little whiff! COULD MEAN ANYTHING

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

Gamesjournalism.txt

idgi

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Someone found a patent Nintendo filed for a SNES style controller. Nintendo isn't hinting at anything.

It's purely grammatical, but it still shows how lovely games "journalists" are since that's like a major thing with journalism, accuracy of the information you provide.

The information found hints that SNES games are coming, Nintendo themselves haven't hinted at a drat thing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
you're being very silly,

it's a hint that SNES games are on the way because the last time they released games onto the system they made NES controllers to go along with them so it's very reasonable to assume that these controllers are being made in the leadup to an announcement of SNES virtual library.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Considering the "hint" was literally only found cause some nerd had a Google alert for nintendo fcc, I'm gonna say the headline is off base in an industry dominated by announcements, leaks and rumors.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

yeah it's not a great headline thanks for sharing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That said if that rumor is based on fact I'd personally love to be an idiot who is wrong

SNES is cool

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KingSlime posted:

SNES is cool

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is an FCC filing any different than patent applications? Because those have caused rumors every other day.

Rumored new Sony PSVR helmet plugs directly into your butt!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FCC filing means you have a finished product you are getting regulatory clearance to release

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Huxley posted:

I did that years and years ago with one of the Phoenix Wright games, where I bought it not understanding exactly what it was. I spent an embarrassing amount of time "skipping the intro waiting for the game to start" before starting over.

My first and last visual novel ended like that, just with "stops playing the game in sheer frustration" instead of "starting over" :v:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

freaking game journalists out trying to get their drat clicks!!!!!!! no clicks for you!!! -the click nazi

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
If anyone jumps on that trade in for the new batter life model, let the thread know if they allow the profile/save transfer to be done in store. I have a feeling this would be a hassle even if they allowed it.
I think you need the current memory card on the old switch, and a mem, card on the new one big enough to hold the data? It doesn't transfer all the game data as well, does it?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

My first and last visual novel ended like that, just with "stops playing the game in sheer frustration" instead of "starting over" :v:

I "started over" for about 10 minutes, fell asleep with my DS on my chest, then sold it to Gamestop the next day.

So, basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kragger99 posted:

If anyone jumps on that trade in for the new batter life model, let the thread know if they allow the profile/save transfer to be done in store. I have a feeling this would be a hassle even if they allowed it.
I think you need the current memory card on the old switch, and a mem, card on the new one big enough to hold the data? It doesn't transfer all the game data as well, does it?

That's one of those things that I think will depend on the staff at your particular location.