Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There has been the running theme that all of Usopp's old tall tales keep on coming true as he adventures through the Grand Line, he's even said that he's become able to do things he used to only boast about.

I love that, especially the one about a Giant Goldfish who poops islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Usopp will be recognized as a god of truth. Specifically whenever he meets a giant he tells them a truth that sets them free.

Also I'm hella paranoid that we haven't seen Oden yet.

And Elbaf is rules by Loki. I hope Oda is doing it again to connect Wano to Elbaf.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
if Elbaf is a kingdom of giants, how, like, big is it

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bleck posted:

Big.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Tolth posted:

I didn't really notice until today that Stealth Black is quite literally the fully-actualized version of Mr Prince. Like, those are Sanji's alter egos pre and post resolving his family issues. Mr Prince is a veiled reference to his background as a... prince, Stealth Black is Sanji actually formally and explicitly admitting to being that prince.

Yep, it's definitely character development. The Monster Trio have all gotten character development in Wano, in my opinion. Luffy's been acting even more like a future Pirate King and a leader, Zoro's been learning how to manage his little family (j/k, or am I?), and Sanji accepted his lineage, though he's admitted he still hates them.

I want character development for every Straw Hat that leads to them being their Yonkou-level crew selves and I think this is the arc. :getin:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bleck posted:

It's got it's own drat yggdrasil so it's prob p big

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Bleck posted:

Big enough for to be a BIG HAT

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
oh man I can't wait for when Oda does that first chapter in Elbaf and he makes everything look normal until there's a "for this is the land of giants" text box and you see the thousand sunny looking positively miniscule

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some of the islands are implied to be up to Madagascar sized at least, Alabasta is certainly very big. Elbaf might be Australia sized.

While the One Piece world clearly doesn't have traditional continents, and the Red Line seems implied to be remote to the point of borderline uninhabitable without heavy infrastructure due to being sheer cliffs almost all the way around, there's clearly a lot of islands large enough to sustain multiple towns and cities and significant amounts of agriculture. And Nami's whole rarely brought up quest implies that the world in general is pretty poorly mapped (hence why Arlong valued her expertise, since she's a prodigy at it) so a lot of people probably don't know what's just beyond their own horizon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bleck posted:

As big as Whitebeard's love for his sons.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Cat Machine posted:

That's a great way of looking at it, actually. I wonder if Usopp's character arc will conclude similarly with him accepting the Sogeking persona in some way. Shin Sogeking?? Sogeking Ace??? Sogeking Seven???

I think the natural conclusion to that arc is Usopp putting on the mask out of bravery rather than cowardice. Every previous use of the persona has been to shore up his own insecurities or fears.

We'll know Usopp has truly become a Brave Warrior Of the Sea when he puts on the mask because he finds a sobbing child on a battlefield who's calling out for a hero, or similar. And it will make me cry.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tolth posted:

We'll know Usopp has truly become a Brave Warrior Of the Sea when he puts on the mask because he finds a sobbing child on a battlefield who's calling out for a hero, or similar. And it will make me cry.

even just reading this made me tear up a bit tbqh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Eh, a big thing about Usopp is that he's relatively sensible about going into absurdly dangerous situations and tends to be terrified and getting by on lies and chutzpah, but when push comes to shove he will not back down from even superior opponents and do absolutely everything it takes to win to a shocking degree that often surprises foes because they don't understand just how dirty and whimsical his fighting style is. (he's basically Dennis the Menace as a shonen hero) He's more the type to go "Don't worry kid, I'm ALSO pissing my pants terrified, but I'm going to keep fighting because I know that's the only way out of this!"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He already did something similar when he came back for the Tontatta in Dressrosa, admitted he wasn't the hero he told them he was, but that he was going to be right there and then. Then God Usopp happened.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Only two more days until a new chapter... I'm fuckin jacked as all hell to learn about the Rox Pirates baby!!!!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nobody cared who i was til i put on the mask...

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Can't wait for the announcement at the end of this week's chapter that next week will be on break!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Clam Chowdown posted:

Can't wait for the announcement at the end of this week's chapter that next week will be on break!

Not a single ray of hope, left in this world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
*banging cutlery on the table* where is the new chapter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

Pretend I posted this in every Shounen Jump manga thread. JB apparently won't be releasing them today according to this screenshot I found online? I dunno about MS.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I CANT TAKE THIS ANY LONGER, I NEED MY FIX

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm seeing people saying that JB and MS's supplier got arrested.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ThingOne posted:

Well yeah, Joker's been behind bars for months now.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

AAAHHHHHH

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ThingOne posted:

Storm Impel Down, they can't stop all of us.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans are pretty late this time around too.

Though One Piece, Kimetsu, Chainsaw, and MHA are finally up at least.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Korean scans are pretty late this time around too.

Though One Piece, Kimetsu, Chainsaw, and MHA are finally up at least.

Well you know what your task is now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

Well you know what your task is now

Yeah, read them all and gloat over us for a couple of days :mmmhmm:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

Yeah, read them all and gloat over us for a couple of days :mmmhmm:

I always do it, to get the last laugh over the white man.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Jose posted:

CHAP~TER CHAP~TER CHAP~TER CHAP~TER

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If the fan scans are gone forever and we just have the official translation that'd be fine, I only read the fan ones anymore so I can talk to people two days earlier

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

If the fan scans are gone forever and we just have the official translation that'd be fine, I only read the fan ones anymore so I can talk to people two days earlier

Yeah pretty much

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I’m honestly really happy the scans are dead (or incapacitated like the impel down awakened animal zoans). Everyone shoulda dropped those stupid scan sites the second the official releases became free

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

wait, wait. the official releases are... free... ?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
you guys who are happy about it never got to experience the old days where every manga and anime got treated like a 4kids dub. us old heads are scarred by it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

you guys who are happy about it never got to experience the old days where every manga and anime got treated like a 4kids dub. us old heads are scarred by it.

I just really want to find out what my main man Zolo is up to :smith:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bleck posted:

wait, wait. the official releases are... free... ?

Depends on your region, I think, but for US IPs at least the last three releases are free.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-piece

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Depends on your region, I think, but for US IPs at least the last three releases are free.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-piece

In Finland I use

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

:vomit: