Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Instead of Undercover Boss how about they just swap out the CEO with some rando employee.

Full asset swap, debt included.

See if Bezos likes being a picker in an un-airconditioned warehouse!

See if the market actually cares who is in charge!

instead of undercover boss we just hand out helmet cams and start the french revolution and hand the footage to Ken Burns afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The technical principle is straightforward enough, but why? Russia couldn't exactly loiter them off our coast so there's no first strike advantage over ICBMs and SLBMs, and as far as I know Russian subs still provide them plenty of second strike capacity. Is it that these fly at lower trajectories so they can defeat anti ballistic countermeasures?

I think it's to fool countermeasures by allowing them to take circuitous/unpredictable routes to their target that would otherwise consume too much traditional propellent.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The technical principle is straightforward enough, but why? Russia couldn't exactly loiter them off our coast so there's no first strike advantage over ICBMs and SLBMs, and as far as I know Russian subs still provide them plenty of second strike capacity. Is it that these fly at lower trajectories so they can defeat anti ballistic countermeasures?

There is no why it's all about Putin trying to gather morale material it it doesn't replace icbm's it doesn't replace sub-based missiles it's just neat toy for him to show off

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
no one expects a terrain following cruise missile to hit NYC from the west

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexyflexy posted:

I've not seen anybody come up with one that makes any sense.

It's a gigantic gently caress you planet-denial weapon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

There is no why it's all about Putin trying to gather morale material it it doesn't replace icbm's it doesn't replace sub-based missiles it's just neat toy for him to show off

Yeah, this is all about RUSSIA STRONK bullshit internal propaganda dickwaving. These things are loving worthless as a practical weapon system and will probably be produced in the low dozens if at all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they keep the good missles locked in a safe anyways

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So that statue of liberty poem story: just a reminder that the guy who said that checks all the evangelical boxes, has seven kids, and probably has a carbon footprint that would put us all to shame. Oh, he's also responsible for this nonsense:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attorney_General_of_Virginia%27s_climate_science_investigation

Ken Cuck says something dumb every time his mouth opens.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/benjaminpenn/st...ingawful.com%2F

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Its almost like he hates Gays or something...

I though he said he was the greatest for gays? /sarcasm

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/europe/russian-village-evacuation-missile-explosion-intl/index.html

russian village evac cancelled

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yes, yes, everything is fine. No spike in cancer here, no lead-lined coffins, none of that that anyone saw and lived to tell about

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Why worry about something that isn't going to happen?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

russian village evac cancelled

What's going to be interesting is exactly how much fissile material that reactor comprised of and how many bits it's in. And I mean blobs really, what ever happened to it I'm assuming the thing melted because you can't build one of those things and run it as an engine in anything less than "10 degrees hotter and the entire assembly melts" mode. And it exploded. Maybe as stuff oxidises on the sea floor it'll go prompt critical again! Who knows.

I'm pretty sure they don't know.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you want to listen to something funny and a little lighter about America today, listen to this:

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/125-puritans-and-the-quakers

In the 17th century two giant groups of assholes had an rear end in a top hat contest in the colonies.

In the Red corner, wearing black and white from head to toe, the man most likely to gently caress you in the rear end at night while you're in the stocks, Puritan Joe!

In the Blue corner, wearing absolutely nothing at all and a hat made of actual fire, the person who's high school year book simply labeled him as "that guy", it's Quaker Quinn!

Who won? It's worth the hour.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
This sort of thing could never happen in a capitalist country.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

It seems that the launch site was located on the coast pointing north. Russians launch, missile fails and falls into the sea. They attempt recovery and the missile blows.The radiation follows wind currents back to land, but there could not have been that much fissile material in a cruise missile.

Russia is actually attempting to show that they care by ordering the evacuation and then cancel it ether to prevent panic, bad press, or the rad levels are not really that high.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

a new challenger arises.

https://twitter.com/fourloko/status/1161402554712039424

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

Its almost like he hates Gays or something...

I though he said he was the greatest for gays? /sarcasm

I don't think he actually likes anyone. He's fundamentally broken as a person

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

As an unabashed lover of hard seltzers because they're low carb and delicious, this scares me. Am I going to have to tru Four Loko? gently caress.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Isn’t this banned for being cruel, unusual, and excessive? Think of how many Chuck E Cheeses marines are going to be banned from after getting drunk on this :stare:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
‘Teenage Dream’ Co-Star Accuses Katy Perry of Sexual Misconduct

#TimesUp

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/katy-perry-sexual-misconduct-josh-kloss-1203300452/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Isn’t this banned for being cruel, unusual, and excessive? Think of how many Chuck E Cheeses marines are going to be banned from after getting drunk on this :stare:
Private, you tried to rape an animatronic mouse in full view of a kid's birthday party while loudly sharing your opinions of "mud people". You're forfeiting two weeks pay.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1161416163659780099?s=19

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

gently caress it must be horrible to force the secret service to pay govt rates to stay in your own properties you didnt have to sever yourself from. loving jackass. Cardinal becket reference

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EBB posted:

Ken Cuck

Didn't you make this probatable?

HARDEST SELTZER IN THE UNIVERSE

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Godholio posted:

EBB is Obama to :mcnally:’s :sad:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

epsteins death was on 4chan before it hit the news

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/fdny-review-jeffrey-epstein-4chan-post

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

This is actually probably true. If I remember right, his plan was to lose and start his own TV network with Roger Ailes. Trump TV.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

This is actually probably true. If I remember right, his plan was to lose and start his own TV network with Roger Ailes. Trump TV.

Opportunity cost is a bitch.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
He has to have billions before he can lose billions.

Also no, Katy perry, noooo

I didn't expect her to be the next milkshake duck (despite her fued with nuns over a house)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Godholio posted:

It's good to be the king

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

He had 10 Billion off his dad, he lost it all before the mid 80s. And I worry about my business, jesus.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also no, Katy perry, noooo

I didn't expect her to be the next milkshake duck (despite her fued with nuns over a house)

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/973205763194802180?s=19

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
14% abv seltzer, Jesus

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

why does his head look flat in this picture

like 2 dimensional flat

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

omg you're right

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Distortion from being caught at the edge of an absolutely absurdly wide lens

Soulex will back me up on this

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 14, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

why does his head look flat in this picture

like 2 dimensional flat

Well you know how a gas expands too fill it's container? The opposite happens too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Slim Pickens posted:

14% abv seltzer, Jesus

Oh, yuck, looking at the small pic I thought it said 4%. So it's more like a can of gross sparkling wine.