Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

If anything comes of this it'll be to make prison suicide watch more intrusive and demeaning

yea i dont think bhaskar knows what "adequate care" means in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

no way matt didn't break character.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Matt on his new ensemble: I spared every expense!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mantis42 posted:

Pretty arrogant of him to make his podcast 2 hours long.

As someone who listens to one Pod Save America episode per week to get a feel for what the CAP hivemind is thinking, this was almost viscerally unlistenable unless Bruenig was talking. Jesus Klein is such a tool.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

Two dudes explain Capital, listened to one ep seems decent so far:

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/marx-madness/s1e1-capital-chapters-1-2-intro/

as someone who doesnt have the patience or brains to actually read the first few chapters but has watched a lot of David Harvey material on it, it seems really solid as a recommendation especially to all our leftlib normie friends. it just feels like a condensed , podcasty version of harvey's talks.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Matt has gone full Epstein brain on the new episode

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

who the gently caress is joe sleestak

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he ruined arlen specter's career, which is nice

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Grand Prize Winner posted:

an archetypical inhabitant of the Land of the Lost

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i say swears online posted:

he ruined arlen specter's career, which is nice

unfortunately he also created pat toomey's, which is horrible :(

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grand Prize Winner posted:

guy whose had the reputation of "nice to talk to, hell to work for" since forever

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
95% certain Chapo were staying at Iowa's Little St. James

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Superb Chapo ep today. That pro-Biden CNN piece is one of the most infuriating things they’ve read on the show, IMO.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

Superb Chapo ep today. That pro-Biden CNN piece is one of the most infuriating things they’ve read on the show, IMO.

More infuriating than mcmegans fire sprinkler column?

(The one where she justified the mass death of Grenfell)

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 14:31 on Aug 13, 2019

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Matt has gone full Epstein brain on the new episode

I'd never seen a verified case of Stage V Epstein Brain before. He's a medical marvel.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Matt's Epstein brain is so rare that only Ben Carson's holy hands can save him

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
We're at a point where nick has a more measured and grounded take on Epstein than matt.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is Bruenig/Kline worth listening to or is Kline just too bad

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

MizPiz posted:

95% certain Chapo were staying at Iowa's Little St. James

Same, they could have easily made a few cracks about middle American lower upperclass perversion versus cia connected big money perversion.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Is Bruenig/Kline worth listening to or is Kline just too bad

someone stated that the only calm during that entire interview was whenever Bruenig was speaking, so yes, Klein is that awful

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Just convinced a libertarian friend to listen to Chapo because they were talking about Epstein. he loves JRE and conspiracies and thought Bernie did pretty well on there, so thanks Berno

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Victory Position posted:

someone stated that the only calm during that entire interview was whenever Bruenig was speaking, so yes, Klein is that awful

Klein is awful. All his points are smug and quasi-deferential simultaneously, and his voice is like distilled "NPR guy" voice. It's seriously this overly curated way of speaking that makes him sound like he's never interacted with anyone who doesn't have a six-figure net worth or a degree from Georgetown. He is centrism made flesh.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
Ezra is the nadir of political analysis.

AnEdgelord posted:

We're at a point where nick has a more measured and grounded take on Epstein than matt.

That's because they switched out Nick with a replacement!

If you notice him being less problematic that's why.

Anukis has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Aug 13, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Klein is awful. All his points are smug and quasi-deferential simultaneously, and his voice is like distilled "NPR guy" voice. It's seriously this overly curated way of speaking that makes him sound like he's never interacted with anyone who doesn't have a six-figure net worth or a degree from Georgetown. He is centrism made flesh.

he's also one of the leading examples in one of my J-school books of "do not be this dumbass; you are a dumbass if you act like this dumbass" in regards to JournoList and his body of work in general

the title of the book and the course in question? Ethics in Journalism :xd:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hey if you haven't listened to the trillbilly's bonus episode your missing out

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I like the trillbillies, but I wish their format was more structured. It feels like 99% of their content is them just sort of shooting the poo poo wherever the conversation takes them.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

MeatwadIsGod posted:

He enrolled in uc Santa Cruz because that's the only one he got into, but he was too square so he had to transfer to UCLA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I like the trillbillies, but I wish their format was more structured. It feels like 99% of their content is them just sort of shooting the poo poo wherever the conversation takes them.

they started two consistent segments a few months ago because they're aware of the problem and have consistently backslid into shooting the poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

never change trillbillies. these are the sorts of meandering conversations you can have while all leaning against a truck

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

any good podcasts about the family murders so i can maintain my epstein brain zooming

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

but this is why they're so listenable and good

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is there a good lefty conspiracy theory podcast. I need to fully go off the deep end.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is there a good lefty conspiracy theory podcast. I need to fully go off the deep end.

yeah this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Suplex Liberace posted:

Qanon Anonymous is pretty good, they do deep dives into conspiracy theories/popular right wingers.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

any good podcasts about the family murders so i can maintain my epstein brain zooming

netflix has a new docuseries about the family thats pretty good and hosed up

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lmao at virgil sitting it total silence for 20 minutes waiting for matt and will to finish venting their epstein brains.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lmao at virgil sitting it total silence for 20 minutes waiting for matt and will to finish venting their epstein brains.

this is why Virgil is the DM of cosmic horrors while Will and Matt are completely fried by them

Felix, disinterested, is unaffected

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

You Must Remember This did a series on Charlie Manson but it deals with him in Hollywood and the music industry. Its really good though.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Mayor Dave posted:

He enrolled in uc Santa Cruz because that's the only one he got into, but he was too square so he had to transfer to UCLA

Wow he's such a dipshit I was dead certain he went to Harvard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

You Must Remember This did a series on Charlie Manson but it deals with him in Hollywood and the music industry. Its really good though.

have heard that, it's really good.

i meant the australian case tho. read up about it dude, that poo poo is terrifying.