Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

davebo posted:

Yeah sorry that was just a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend reference and maybe AI isn't the target audience for that.

My girlfriend loves that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

My ranking was Mazda3, Civic, Elantra, Corolla.

I understand why they put the Civic ahead of the Mazda3, but I just can't stomach the Civic's styling.

The Civic sport sedan's styling is much more palatable then the hatch. I drove the the Corolla sedan which looked cool but was way too gutless, a GTI which was fast but had crappy clutch feel and is expensive (wanna try the DCT), and then the Civic Sport sedan which I instantly fell in love with it's an amazing value at $20k. The clutch and shifter were the best I've ever felt besides maybe a Miata. Just the overall perfect DD and i want to get one, although the GTI is really tempting but costs almost 10k more.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Kraftwerk posted:

gently caress man I could get one today I really am on the fence and have been for months now.

You won’t regret it! I feel like I could have been a little bit faster in my Cayman (long gone now) but would have had to work twice as hard

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

Wheeee posted:

boy is your mind going to be blown if you ever drive a Camaro or Mustang

I'm still blown away by the performance of my ZL1 for the money. May swap it for a C8 in a couple years, but part of me just wants to keep it.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

joe944 posted:

I'm still blown away by the performance of my ZL1 for the money. May swap it for a C8 in a couple years, but part of me just wants to keep it.

Nice! Have you tracked it? How has it been?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

got off on a technicality posted:

You won’t regret it! I feel like I could have been a little bit faster in my Cayman (long gone now) but would have had to work twice as hard

I’m cross shopping it with a Golf R. With the Mk8 announced I’m thinking I could save some major money and have a more reliable and cheaper vehicle in the Mk7.5 with nearly the same performance.
A stage II tune would probably have me beating the BMW and I’d still have money left over. That’s why I’m currently unsure of what to do.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m cross shopping it with a Golf R. With the Mk8 announced I’m thinking I could save some major money and have a more reliable and cheaper vehicle in the Mk7.5 with nearly the same performance.
A stage II tune would probably have me beating the BMW and I’d still have money left over. That’s why I’m currently unsure of what to do.

Get the BMW, the Golf is just visually so loving tedious. It's like a visual yawn.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Get the BMW, the Golf is just visually so loving tedious. It's like a visual yawn.

Well now that he's recieved the final word on aesthetics from forums poster Olympic Mathlete he has no choice but to get a BMW.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Well now that he's recieved the final word on aesthetics from forums poster Olympic Mathlete he has no choice but to get a BMW.

Found the Golf R owner.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i think the Golf R looks better than the 3-series but like if you after "reliability" or such, Modified Golf R unchecks that box so hard that it checks another box right below it that is labeled "breaks a lot, both creatively and expensively"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Slightly different ballpark, but I have zero regrets going with an M3 over a Golf R. I think I would have gotten bored with the R real, real quick after having a GTI for a few years. Every time I test drove one I was basically like yup, faster GTI whereas the M3 makes me :awesome:

I don't think you'd regret the R at all, the BMW could be a lot more fun though.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The M240i is the one that makes me occasionally ponder doing something stupid

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The Civic sport sedan's styling is much more palatable then the hatch. I drove the the Corolla sedan which looked cool but was way too gutless, a GTI which was fast but had crappy clutch feel and is expensive (wanna try the DCT), and then the Civic Sport sedan which I instantly fell in love with it's an amazing value at $20k. The clutch and shifter were the best I've ever felt besides maybe a Miata. Just the overall perfect DD and i want to get one, although the GTI is really tempting but costs almost 10k more.

Congrats on the new car. Couldn’t agree more with your assessment of those four.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I saw a Type R hatch yesterday and I love it, lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
a what

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Charles posted:

I saw a Type R hatch yesterday and I love it, lol

It is a sweet car that I would never buy, despite being an Si owner and Honda fanboy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drgitlin posted:

Congrats on the new car. Couldn’t agree more with your assessment of those four.

Haven't got one yet, waiting on a settlement from my accident then I'm gonna grab one in white from the nearest dealer that gives me the best price.

In the meantime I just got another xB :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I usually hate the patterns I see on the Civic and cars that look similar, but something about the whole thing just really works. I love how it looks and can't explain why.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
18" aftermarket wheels pretty much fix a lot of the overall look. The 20" black / red stripe with very low profile tire thing kills it so much

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Also kills the ride.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Has the aftermarket addressed the huge fake honeycomb inserts on the rear bumper?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
For non-OEM Type-R wheels

You will oddly notice that none of the actual CTR race cars have the rear bumper vents cut out, I am guessing venting it leads to drag

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 14, 2019

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

quote:

When the new 2020 Lincoln Aviator hybrid was introduced last year, it was promised to have an estimated 450 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque. It turns out Lincoln was apparently way underselling it then, because the official numbers are now up to a ridiculous 494 HP and 630 lb-ft of torque, exactly what you want in your luxury crossover.

https://jalopnik.com/actually-the-2020-lincoln-aviator-makes-almost-500-hp-f-1837218183

I now want a Lincoln CUV.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Holy poo poo! Time to trade in the F150. I can't imagine these things are going to be affordable. The most recent Lincoln's have all had amazing interiors.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Haven't got one yet, waiting on a settlement from my accident then I'm gonna grab one in white from the nearest dealer that gives me the best price.

I suck at reading.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I miss my xB. Gutless, horrible in the snow, but an absolute blast to drive.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?

BrownieVK posted:

Holy poo poo! Time to trade in the F150. I can't imagine these things are going to be affordable. The most recent Lincoln's have all had amazing interiors.

Bet it's gonna depreciate like an absolute rock

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Yeah, this just jumped up my list of things to consider when my lease is up in December.

The Reserve trim even looked good at ~55k, the hybrid one looks fairly bonkers. I wonder if they will let you use all that torque or if it will be more efficiency minded?

Sure, expensive and will depreciate but still cheaper than a Model X...

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah I'm uncharacteristically interested in one of these even if I could never justify spending the money on the hybrid models. Really curious to see some reviews.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

got off on a technicality posted:

Nice! Have you tracked it? How has it been?

Haven't tracked it yet. Need to bring it out to Thunderhill one of these days, rather not deal with lifting at Laguna.

It's seen a lot of road trips and early morning canyon cruises though, and has performed flawlessly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

You will oddly notice that none of the actual CTR race cars have the rear bumper vents cut out, I am guessing venting it leads to drag

I remember saying "those look proper poo poo" only for people to say "but they'll be cut out on racecars so it doesn't matter!"

:colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

TheMadMilkman posted:

I miss my xB. Gutless, horrible in the snow, but an absolute blast to drive.

Did you have a first gen? Cuz yeah those are pretty gutless. Mine is a '13 2nd gen and has the same big four cylinder as the Camry, so it actually scoots pretty good.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
First gens are almost always missing half or all of their bumper when I see them. I had a coworker with one. I liked it. I was driving a 100hp Volvo at the time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BrownieVK posted:

Worth noting that the hybrid system is apparently part of the 10 speed transmission, meaning it should be the same system in the mustang/f-150/bronco/ranger within the next few years, albeit with more boring engines in front of it.

This build and price has been up for a while

https://shop.lincoln.com/lab/aviator/#/select/

The boring RWD 400hp one is $51,100. The hybrid starts at $68,800

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I remember saying "those look proper poo poo" only for people to say "but they'll be cut out on racecars so it doesn't matter!"

:colbert:

Haha. I vaguely remember it being similar to the pickup truck bed tailgate down vs up with respect to venting the rear bumpers

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
A dealer in Virginia got one of the 800 orange Stinger GTS's (basically a GT1 with awd that has a drift mode) and they put a $7k market adjustment on it along with other tints and things to mark it up. Good luck selling a $57k orange Kia.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

"please don't gently caress me up. please go easy on me"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Powershift posted:

Worth noting that the hybrid system is apparently part of the 10 speed transmission, meaning it should be the same system in the mustang/f-150/bronco/ranger within the next few years, albeit with more boring engines in front of it.

This build and price has been up for a while

https://shop.lincoln.com/lab/aviator/#/select/

The boring RWD 400hp one is $51,100. The hybrid starts at $68,800

LMAO at that "return" on 17k investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BraveUlysses posted:

LMAO at that "return" on 17k investment

People buy nearly 100k pickups for no discernable reason