Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

skeletors_condom posted:

Muh realistic crobear simulation will be comparable to real life:

"What makes you think we'll get another ship with the same job description?"

answer: money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm dreading the day i see Lethality start getting hyped about a game i'm interested in.

Its like the death knell of a game.

That's easy, stop following pre-release games altogether.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Can't wait to get home and paint Crobear on my Rebel Galaxy Outlaw ship.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krycek posted:

Hmm... i'm mainly there anyway. Its 90% bullshit, 90% hype, and 20% actual game. Yes, i'm aware the maths don't add up, and generally speaking, that's true of most pre-order stuff.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Agony Aunt posted:

Hmm... i'm mainly there anyway. Its 90% bullshit, 90% hype, and 20% actual game. Yes, i'm aware the maths don't add up, and generally speaking, that's true of most pre-order stuff.

Nah, that adds up perfectly

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractNapper posted:

Those ungrateful little shits. Code whisperer Crobbear has absolved himself once and is prepared to do it again when he takes a break from his vacation. What more do they want from him?

Has anyone even seen how amazing the cafeteria scene looks by now? It just needs a little more tweaking on NPC AI so they don't jump on the table and walk through the stools.

Does no one understand proper game development anymore?

I don't understand how anybody could have possibly forgotten about procedural eggs. This gameplay is like no game before and I for one will spend literal months playing ether game to compare my eggs to other eggs on the table, awed each time they are slightly different.

This is the kind of technology I would invest millions into, and why I own 42 ships.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

:nms:

Star Citizen: actual udder physics, fine, grip and tension controls, a mini game to maintain optimal milking flow

I can see where this is leading to.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Where is Chris Roberts? I can't remember the last time I saw that sweating mound of incoherent gibberish

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rogue Galaxy Outlaw is out now and it's everything I wanted Star Citizen to be, plus it's $27,000 less.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I said come in! posted:

Rogue Galaxy Outlaw is out now and it's everything I wanted Star Citizen to be, plus it's $27,000 less.

Look at this cheapo bastard. bwahaha

Get back to me when you clean out my hot tub, pleb.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I can see where this is leading to.

Anime.

Just say no.

Fake Edit: Actually I'm enjoying Gen:Lock at the moment, but I like my anime chock full of big dumb robots.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Squatty Potty was the best CIG tie in cos God only knows Chris Roberts is having trouble getting this poo poo out.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

You can really see where all that Faceware FOIP money and work went.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT
So, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is out, and it doesn't include 45' train trips, you can even skip cinematics and jump to another missions within seconds. This is so much less fidelicious than Star Citizen.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Nyast posted:

So, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is out, and it doesn't include 45' train trips, you can even skip cinematics and jump to another missions within seconds. This is so much less fidelicious than Star Citizen.

Gosh that's weird, I don't see any talk about it on the /r/SC sub at all. Maybe they don't play games?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Sarsapariller posted:

Gosh that's weird, I don't see any talk about it on the /r/SC sub at all. Maybe they don't play games?

I wouldn't put it past them to have preemptively created an automod filter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

They spent all of their money on jpeg ships, so they can't afford RGO.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I said come in! posted:

They spent all of their money on jpeg ships, so they can't afford RGO.

Epic bad too :argh:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Here's a fun one:

A citizen has compiled a chart of youtube views for the main SC channel

It is spectacularly misleading in a couple of fun ways.
* It is organized right-to-left, oldest on the right, newest on the left, counter to basically every standard you can imagine
* It is actually logarithmic, which severely dampens the visual impact of the swings

Despite that it's pretty apparent that two years ago they were regularly clocking >100k for their poo poo, and now they struggle to reach above 60k. There's been a major audience drop-off.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Here's a fun one:

A citizen has compiled a chart of youtube views for the main SC channel

It is spectacularly misleading in a couple of fun ways.
* It is organized right-to-left, oldest on the right, newest on the left, counter to basically every standard you can imagine
* It is actually logarithmic, which severely dampens the visual impact of the swings

Despite that it's pretty apparent that two years ago they were regularly clocking >100k for their poo poo, and now they struggle to reach above 60k. There's been a major audience drop-off.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

These guys are absolutely right and it's purely a coincidence that 15k is a hard floor for every video going back 3+ years.

Just 15k people watching an endless show about a concept art treadmill, week in, week out, forever.

In the game where top community videos regularly get ~300 views.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Quavers posted:

Epic bad too :argh:

That's Tencent-Epic to you!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
most counter-arguments to anything questioning ci's infallability are:

- how dare you, you human scum
- you're derek fart!
- you little insecure brat talk poo poo
- gtfo you low iq sewer rat

followed by the sledge hammer of all counter-arguments:

- we poured 250.000.000 into this, it cannot fail you insecure brat low iq fagot player

(the fagot is a music instrument dont ban me)

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Bumble He posted:

most counter-arguments to anything questioning ci's infallability are:

- how dare you, you human scum
- you're derek fart!
- you little insecure brat talk poo poo
- gtfo you low iq sewer rat

followed by the sledge hammer of all counter-arguments:

- we poured 250.000.000 into this, it cannot fail you insecure brat low iq fagot player

(the fagot is a music instrument dont ban me)

When you're into Star Citizen for forty bucks you own a jpeg. When you're into Star Citizen for four hundred bucks the jpeg owns you.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Sarsapariller posted:

These guys are absolutely right and it's purely a coincidence that 15k is a hard floor for every video going back 3+ years.

Just 15k people watching an endless show about a concept art treadmill, week in, week out, forever.

Not to mention that the same general set of people (internet chuds) have no problem accusing people with 30k twitter followers of buying an additional 4k for no reason.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Did you know :

An Anvil Ballista is four times the price of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

This is because a Ballista is a vehicle that was design and modeled for Chris Roberts Squadron 42 and then sold for use in the current alpha of Star Citizen where as Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is only a complete stand alone game.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

When you're into Star Citizen for forty bucks you own a jpeg. When you're into Star Citizen for four hundred bucks the jpeg owns you.

What happens when you are in for $27000?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

monkeytek posted:

You understand game development.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

monkeytek posted:

You finally understand game development, giving you the authority to make extremely mild criticisms of the game on Reddit, but only if you first pledge your undying faith in Chris and the ultimate success of his great project.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 13, 2019

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

Does it still count as a view if I click on a timestamped link in this thread just to laugh at another Roberts gently caress up?
People love those fail compilations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kosumo posted:

Did you know :

An Anvil Ballista is four times the price of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

This is because a Ballista is a vehicle that was design and modeled for Chris Roberts Squadron 42 and then sold for use in the current alpha of Star Citizen where as Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is only a complete stand alone game.

I don't understand, how do you get new ships in RGO then??? I only know how to pay real money for ships!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

The fact that they're willing to absolutely go to the mat to argue that Star Citizen is actually insanely popular despite no video or streamer getting anywhere close to what you might find for like... any other "AAA" game is loving hilarious.

It's even more hilarious when these same people argue that SC is a niche game and shouldn't cater to the unwashed masses who don't want to spend 30 minutes staring at a loading screen

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Krycek posted:

What about WoW Classic?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 14, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CrpJester/status/1161436219445637120

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

I love when Citizens prosthelytize like this. He should start going door to door with pamphlets.

“Excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to talk about our video game lord and savior Chris Roberts? He absolved himself of his sins!”

People like this make me think Star Citizen is going to have a very long and bizarre afterlife.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 14, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All that lolworthy talk about how supportive the star citizen community 'really' in the wake of that racist rant reminds me of when a shitizen called up a youtuber called sidalpha who made a video calling out CIG for its numerous unethical practices and threatened him and his daughter. He took the video down, but the responses from the SC community were mostly 'well, it wouldn't have happened if he got his information right' :smuggo:.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no remember, that was us threatening that guy to give the real fans a bad name

oops forgot my $10 spoiler tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Pharohman777 posted:

All that lolworthy talk about how supportive the star citizen community 'really' in the wake of that racist rant reminds me of when a shitizen called up a youtuber called sidalpha who made a video calling out CIG for its numerous unethical practices and threatened him and his daughter. He took the video down, but the responses from the SC community were mostly 'well, it wouldn't have happened if he got his information right' :smuggo:.