Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm currently actively avoiding buying the later upgrades on the statues because this game is already easier with the base exp buff, I definitely do not need an additional +40%

really wish you could turn parts of the statues on/off whenever you wanted. class mastery is nice, gamebreaking exp is less so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Notty posted:

NG+ also unlocks the Crest items which are both minor enough in effect to not be particularly broken, but also allows your Crest-less units to not be arbitrarily hosed out of being able to use Hero’s Relics.

I hadn't considered that use! Do they just need to be in your inventory?

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

Miftan posted:

I hadn't considered that use! Do they just need to be in your inventory?

Yeah. They just take an inventory spot, not an equip slot.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Notty posted:

NG+ also unlocks the Crest items which are both minor enough in effect to not be particularly broken, but also allows your Crest-less units to not be arbitrarily hosed out of being able to use Hero’s Relics.
it's also useful for poo poo like giving Claude's ancestor sword to someone who's actually studied the blade and can use the thing, letting them get the HP restoration effect.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

What do I even do with these rusted weapons anyway

Look at their description and they tell you what you can forge them into at the blacksmith. Sometimes they can be forged into legendary weapons (one tier above silver) if they have a name.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/Rubi_arts/status/1161317473020518400

i am here for :beck: claude

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

it's also useful for poo poo like giving Claude's ancestor sword to someone who's actually studied the blade and can use the thing, letting them get the HP restoration effect.

Or in the BL route him giving you his bow, when the only bow users I had were Ashe and Shamir, both who don’t have Crests.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm so glad that #redrawriegan is a thing :allears:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Golden Deer spoilers So uh how am I supposed to deal with Nemesis, he vaporized Hilda, my Great Knight, in a single attack, do I just throw gambits at him and hope I get lucky, I'm on hard classic for what its worth.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

Golden Deer spoilers So uh how am I supposed to deal with Nemesis, he vaporized Hilda, my Great Knight, in a single attack, do I just throw gambits at him and hope I get lucky, I'm on hard classic for what its worth.

have you beaten the ten elites yet? he's like actually invincible unless you do that and still a massive pain in the rear end even after; like i had to do one gambit to make him hittable and then had claude and byleth use their respective signature combat arts to weaken him enough (all while hoping he didn't proc the crest of flames' sol effect), and then having lysithea drop luna on him. if you have a gambit that can knock him off his +AVO tile then by all means use it

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

have you beaten the ten elites yet? he's like actually invincible unless you do that and still a massive pain in the rear end even after; like i had to do one gambit to make him hittable and then had claude and byleth use their respective signature combat arts to weaken him enough (all while hoping he didn't proc the crest of flames' sol effect), and then having lysithea drop luna on him. if you have a gambit that can knock him off his +AVO tile then by all means use it

Yeah, I killed all of them to drop his invincible shield, I guess its just one of those fights where you are praying for a lucky crit to save you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Harrow posted:

Look at their description and they tell you what you can forge them into at the blacksmith. Sometimes they can be forged into legendary weapons (one tier above silver) if they have a name.

They're the Archanean Regalia from the original Fire Emblem, along with Minvera's axe Hauteclere.

Gradivus is still 1-2 range, though they lost their other weird side abilities.

Kinda wish I could use Hauteclere like a vulnerary somehow.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wildtortilla posted:

This second death Knight map is some bullshit. I'm trying to figure out the warp puzzle and I just notice there's only 8 turns remaining. Fuuuuuck I don't have enough time to finish this now. What a waste of the past hour.

Are these chests worth opening?

Sounds like you already restarted but you can use divine pulse to find out where a teleporter goes without spending a turn

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They're the Archanean Regalia from the original Fire Emblem, along with Minvera's axe Hauteclere.

Gradivus is still 1-2 range, though they lost their other weird side abilities.

Kinda wish I could use Hauteclere like a vulnerary somehow.

I was a little bummed they didn't throw in an Armads or Sol Katti or something, but oh well. Gradivus was always the coolest weapon

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

alas, there are no magical gauntlets

they're cheaper than buying silver ones if you forge them at the blacksmith
the ones that repair into iron are worthless crap

very rarely you'll get a rusted weapon that'll turn into a named weapon, like "Parthius." Aside from relics, these are the best weapons in the game. That being said, relics come free with certain characters' paralogues, while you need A+ professor level & 10 pieces of annoyingly hard to come by rare materials like mithril to get these, the second best weapons in the game.

Honestly, at least some of them are arguably the BEST weapons, even accounting for the relics. Like, look at Gradvius - virtually the same overall offensive stats, while generally having many more uses, less weight AND, most importantly 1-2 range... which none of the relic lances do.

And Parthia, while definitively behind Claude's special weapon, has monstrously high Mt plus incredibly low weight and I'd honestly rank it above the other relic bows. Like, Inexhaustible is pretty nice, but it's literally just a Brave Bow+ with one less weight and 10 less uses while being far more expensive to repair, and I'd honestly say its crest effect is actually detrimental. Because really, I DON'T want minor scratches healing up automatically on Bernadetta.

Mercurius and Hautecleure are admittedly not particularly special compared to the relic weapons, but those two I'd say actually are.

OddObserver posted:

You can upgrade killing edge to Wo Dao and then Wo Dao+. Does take somewhat more rare materials, but I think one of the directional merchants sells them. The result has +40 crit vs. killing edge's +25.

I mean, if you really want to go and do ALL THE CRIT, the sword you actually want is the Cursed Ashiya Sword which, when upgraded, has a ludicrous 14 Mt (nearly double a Wo Dao+) combined with 50% crit. Yeah, it has the minor downside of inflicting 5 damage post-combat, but that's incredibly minor for when you need something gone now. Even unupgraded it has 13 Mt (same as a Silver Sword) with 40% crit.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, if you really want to go and do ALL THE CRIT, the sword you actually want is the Cursed Ashiya Sword which, when upgraded, has a ludicrous 14 Mt (nearly double a Wo Dao+) combined with 50% crit. Yeah, it has the minor downside of inflicting 5 damage post-combat, but that's incredibly minor for when you need something gone now. Even unupgraded it has 13 Mt (same as a Silver Sword) with 40% crit.
Ok, cool, but you can get Wo Daos starting from like chapter 6 or something (and as soon as you hit professor level B+), so one may be a slight bit more relevant to the average playthrough than the other.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

How does one get a Cursed Ashiya Sword?

And I asked on the other page but it was at the bottom, is there another way to get a Rapier beyond Manuela and Hanneman's paralogue?

Fake Edit: Actually is there a master of list of how to acquire each weapon? I've seen stat tables but not where to get them.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Can you save scum certifications?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

boy Flayn just likes to give up massive secrets whenever she talks; I get why Seteth prevents her from interacting with others now

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eimi posted:

How does one get a Cursed Ashiya Sword?

And I asked on the other page but it was at the bottom, is there another way to get a Rapier beyond Manuela and Hanneman's paralogue?

Fake Edit: Actually is there a master of list of how to acquire each weapon? I've seen stat tables but not where to get them.

It's in a chest on the Reunion at Dawn post-timeskip map.

mango sentinel posted:

Can you save scum certifications?

No, or at least not by saving right before taking an exam and then reloading. I'm not certain if you can by way of saving before starting a new week and then just rerunning the week.

Typically it's just a matter of reloading to save the seal, then trying again the next week.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

boy Flayn just likes to give up massive secrets whenever she talks; I get why Seteth prevents her from interacting with others now

I cannot tell if she is bad at secrets or just does not give a poo poo.

Possibly both.

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

Wow I guess I'd completely missed the weapon upgrading system somehow, after having completed two playthroughs now. I thought it was just "use rock, get +1 mt" and then there were some relic weapons that required exotic material from boring grindbattles.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hellioning posted:

I cannot tell if she is bad at secrets or just does not give a poo poo.

Possibly both.

She definitely gives a poo poo; she's just utterly guileless.

She even tries to shush Indech when he starts to call her Cethleann while still calling him uncle.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo, Petra has a unique death quote during her paralogue.

They really thought of everything.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Most actually have a unique dialogue if they die during their own paralogue.

(Why can't you friggin dodge anything, Annette!?!?!?)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I never bothered with her in original playthrough because gently caress the church, but so many of her supports are just "hello, fellow humans! I am also a human, I love to do human things like worship the church, golly gee" it's kind of hilarious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Flayn/Raphael is just her yelling

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
"I'm such an adult when I'm dealing with the merchants in town I. EVEN. HAGGLE"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I need a "Feel the Bern" Bernadette tag.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The best item I found was a set of dragon claws as the only thing better then gauntlets are gauntlets that do effective damage against monsters.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tae posted:

Flayn/Raphael is just her yelling

It is practically a Seteth quest in and of itself.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

I never bothered with her in original playthrough because gently caress the church, but so many of her supports are just "hello, fellow humans! I am also a human, I love to do human things like worship the church, golly gee" it's kind of hilarious

Seteth's stern overprotectiveness makes a lot more sense once you've gotten to know them better and see what he's dealing with.

"Daaaaad! Stop interrogating all my friends!"
"And how many of those friends did you tell about you secretly being a dragon?"
"Well, see..."

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i only just finished chapter 2 of blue lions and dimitri seems to be keeping it together well enough so far, or at least is still well able to hide how badly damaged he is

the only real cracks i've seen so far have been in his B support with dedue

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish the game gave me a turn or two to kill Death Knight Round 2 after murdering everything else. At least I got the chests!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ugh, edelgard's paralogue with the bow knights is just a pain in the rear end.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ferdinand: "Please pick me to be your dancer! I'll show you the legendary footwork of my noble house! I'm so very good at it."
After being chosen: "Professor...do you know how to dance? Can you please teach me how???"

Yes, definitely the right choice.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i only just finished chapter 2 of blue lions and dimitri seems to be keeping it together well enough so far, or at least is still well able to hide how badly damaged he is

https://twitter.com/katietiedrich/status/1161104869606002689

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The inevitable Awkward Zombie strips for Three Houses are going to be glorious.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

The inevitable Awkward Zombie strips for Three Houses are going to be glorious.

I can’t loving wait :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

mmmm *looks at chapter 3 aftermath* maybe hold the phone a bit there