Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah, I got you fam.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's the longest you've spent on a level only to completely delete it? I noticed that the night mode of the castle theme kind of creates a Kirby-like physics, in that you can float as much as you want but the enemies are still bound to the ground/normal gravity. So I spent a long time recreating Green Greens from Kirby's Dreamland. Really a pain in the rear end because the castle theme is incredibly anti-kirby. I wound up using looooong pipes and green mushroom platforms to make the kirby terrain. It didn't look great, but it was green! I managed to make the bomber miniboss fight from the first , or at least a room where you fight a thing and use bombs to leave. Was starting to see how I could make the Tree boss fight, but then actually went through the level and it just wasn't fun. To be fair, that level isn't very fun in Kirby either and Dreamland in general was cute but like, those levels aren't famed for their awesome platformer design. I've got a few scrapped or rough-draft levels I may or may not revisit, but that one I just straight up deleted. I only spent several hours on it in one night, but geez what a waste and in retrospect, awful idea.

That said, I am working on another level right now, where you go into the belly of something and it's night castle theme. You move like you're swimming, but enemies act normal gravity. Additionally, while it's underwater, it also has a seperate lava level you can set. Stuff like a dry bones shell will float on it, and enemies die in it. Fish do their burning splash up and down moves. Fish bones collapse instantly like above ground. Has anyone played or designed a cool level with that night-castle theme? So far the only novel thing I've go is using the rising and lowering lava level to create dangerous passageways where you have to hide in safe high ground/water.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Khanstant posted:

What's the longest you've spent on a level only to completely delete it?

Back in Mario Maker 1 I spent about 3 hours on a level called "See You On the Flip Side." The idea was Mario would always be in the middle of the screen and you'd see stuff happening underneath you that was also happening off screen above you. You'd have to watch the bottom screen to see what was about to fall on you from above. I think I got about 20 seconds of level out of it for all the time spent, and while it was neat I wasn't sure it was all that fun and it was hard to come up with enough beats to fill a level. I revisited the concept as an automatic section in my MM2 level Elsa Spiderman Mario Adventure.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Khanstant posted:

What's the longest you've spent on a level only to completely delete it? I noticed that the night mode of the castle theme kind of creates a Kirby-like physics, in that you can float as much as you want but the enemies are still bound to the ground/normal gravity. So I spent a long time recreating Green Greens from Kirby's Dreamland. Really a pain in the rear end because the castle theme is incredibly anti-kirby. I wound up using looooong pipes and green mushroom platforms to make the kirby terrain. It didn't look great, but it was green! I managed to make the bomber miniboss fight from the first , or at least a room where you fight a thing and use bombs to leave. Was starting to see how I could make the Tree boss fight, but then actually went through the level and it just wasn't fun. To be fair, that level isn't very fun in Kirby either and Dreamland in general was cute but like, those levels aren't famed for their awesome platformer design. I've got a few scrapped or rough-draft levels I may or may not revisit, but that one I just straight up deleted. I only spent several hours on it in one night, but geez what a waste and in retrospect, awful idea.

Sucks that this didn't work out for you, but in case you had second thoughts, you should know another goon has definitely already made this level. I played it a couple weeks ago.

Both of the levels I've spent the longest on only to delete were in Mario Maker 1—the biggest was called Collective Subcon, and it was a huge mashup of different parts of SMB2 with multiple routes. It was actually playable from beginning to end, but I got hung up on trying to make a boss fight that felt anything like Wart, and then realized the whole level didn't flow well and just wasn't any fun. From working on it, I at least figured out that moles on ice behave like Flurries, and a hammer bro on top of a red koopa troopa (or goombrat, I guess) is a good substitute for a Panzer.

The next biggest level I never finished was a homage to Castlequest, but you can't really do that with as few doors as Mario Maker allots you, and I remember the stage being annoyingly cramped and having too many spots where you could get crushed by blocks on rails.

In MM2, I have this shmup-like level (no clown car, using the night castle theme) I've been working on bit by bit for a couple weeks, and it's looking more and more like it's not going to go anywhere. Not quite ready to give up on it yet, though.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 14, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had an AVGN themed Level I've been chipping away at since day 1 but it's not really fun and barely funny even if you do get the joke. I'll upload it some day though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Streaming viewer levels tonight. Let me try to get the world record on them! :)

https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I found that kirby level in the list! Simply by virtue of it not being a night castle level, it looked better and was more fun to play haha. Their solution for the star gap was also really cool and not something that coulda worked underwater. Thanks for giving me a heads up.

As for deleted levels, it's good y'all got something out of those scrapped projects. I got nothing useable, except a lesson in how pipes are poo poo substitutes for grass.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

What the hell, they delete courses from your downloaded courses if the maker takes the level down?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Khanstant posted:

That said, I am working on another level right now, where you go into the belly of something and it's night castle theme. You move like you're swimming, but enemies act normal gravity. Additionally, while it's underwater, it also has a seperate lava level you can set. Stuff like a dry bones shell will float on it, and enemies die in it. Fish do their burning splash up and down moves. Fish bones collapse instantly like above ground. Has anyone played or designed a cool level with that night-castle theme? So far the only novel thing I've go is using the rising and lowering lava level to create dangerous passageways where you have to hide in safe high ground/water.

I was almost done a big Maze level where you need to climb tree's to complete it only to find out the 'Climb X Number of Trees' was a Story mode exclusive.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khanstant posted:

Several hours, but its happened multiple times. I don't upload a level unless I really think people will enjoy playing it. If I'm not feeling strong about a level, then I either rework it or postpone it indefinitely. I rarely delete stuff entirely because space isn't limited, but I've shelved multiple ideas now.

Don't feel bad about scrapping a level though. It might feel lovely, but a big part of any creative work is trying out ideas to see what works and what doesn't. Being honest about your creations the healthy approach, and much better than just mindlessly uploading everything you make. And look at it this way; every failed level you make is a lesson on what not to do in a future project!

quote:

Has anyone played or designed a cool level with that night-castle theme?

Night castle is probably the theme I've seen used the least. Did you know that SMB3 has a completely unique red-brown palette for it? I didn't until like a day ago.

I did play a really neat level that utilized it today though. It placed you in the dry bones shell and forced you to stay below a certain height, otherwise munchers would fall from the sky and die. I really enjoyed! And it really makes me sad that a creative and fun challenge like this appears to have been received so poorly, so maybe some of you could check it out.

Float Down, Not Up: 716-687-HSG

Pixeltendo posted:

I was almost done a big Maze level where you need to climb tree's to complete it only to find out the 'Climb X Number of Trees' was a Story mode exclusive.

Its not an ideal solution, but you could place a coin in each tree and task the player with collecting all of those.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

What the hell, they delete courses from your downloaded courses if the maker takes the level down?

Yup! It's weird, and I don't know how often they check so you cant just trick it by going into airplane mode before pulling up the downloaded list.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I put up a night castle level a couple weeks back that I'm really proud of and it's like... the only one I've seen in the games lifespan.

It's also a autoscroller so all the theming and playtesting in the world can't help appeal it in a lot of cases;

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008

OneMoreTime posted:

And we're live! Come check out the latest goon levels.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

Thanks for playing another of my levels, sorry I couldn't be there to watch your reaction, got stuck at work!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And that's a stream! Thanks everyone, always a ton of fun.

Link to the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466882414

1. Frozen Frigate
By: Ziddar HNQ-8MQ-6GF

2. Wiggler Waters
By: Gnome Enthusiast KCP-D4H-H3G

3. Kong'88 W2
By: Spellman K77-JH6-9GF

4. Cloud Nine
By: Guppy CB2-454-62H

5. Climbing the Big Tree
By: Eclipse12 PKF-TMD-RMF

6. Fry Me A River
By: Rollersnake MGB-68S-HRG

7. Snow Bro A-Go-Go!
By: J-Spot 5TM-QX7-D9G

8. Switch Harbor
By: Mektarian RNJ-D0P-FRG

9. Mind the Waves
By: Gandor FK9-DGS-F2G

10. Rocky's Ski Lodge
By: Alf_pogs PRS-WB8-LFF

11. Red-Hot Highway
By: Phantasium TT6-GJX-TVG

12. Mario's Moon Mission
By: Straight White Shark YMN-70G-5QG

13. Speed Circle 30 seconds
By: May Contain Nuts THH-9NH-M5G

14. It's called Spinning Mansion!
By: Imaginary Friend CLX-9QJ-PNF

15. Switchback Mountain (multiplayer race)
By: Spikey 748-GV9-MSF

16. Prism Tower Climb
By: Internet Kraken KW5-44G-5QG

17. Saw Blades in the Sky
By: itschris DJS-GRK-T6G

18. Super Skyjinx and Boney Shells
By: Spanish Matlock WMN-RXL-8RF

19. Toadette's College Fund
By: Spanish Matlock K2Q-7VT-4VF

20. You've Bred Chain Chomps?
By: Suspicious Cook 3DM-H1F-38G

21. Eerie Edifice
By: The Lobster P1C-LS1-1MG

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ran into a level on endless that was literally just a series of blind 50/50 trial and error options with softlocks. Somehow it had a 25% like rate :psyduck:

I posted a comment at the start spoiling all the correct routes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Some random Marios

Plumber? I Hardly Know Her!: Decent level. Feel like more could be done with water levels to create a simulation of the pipes unclogging. What's there is fine though.

Thwomp Bust: Dying to offscreen thwomps isn't fun. I'm not sure if you meant for the thwomps high up to be able to hit you during the lower sections but its really hard to play around that.

SMB3 Revival: Block Crossing: Feel like this is shorter than even a SMB3 World 1 level. For what little there is you did a good job of capturing the SMB3 feel, but you made a pretty big oversight. You give the player a leaf, you give them plenty of room to run, but you don't put anything in the sky? SMB 3 hiding stuff in the sky was one of the big things it did to change itself up from SMB1 and show off the verticality. Not having that in this stage really hurts its ability to mimic the original games feeling.

Head in the clouds (Maxwlle, since I think multiple levels are called this): No powerup, unclear objective, single screen challenge. The kind of level you get in endless and skip right away. Feels pointless.

Big Boo's Bargain Books: Strange level. Felt a lot like a traditional ghost house in a way, but it wasn't obnoxious like most usually are.

WAHOO ya gonna call??: This level is interesting in concept but in practice its just frustrating to play. Very confusing and hard to understand what I was supposed to be doing. I had no desire to try it again after dying towards the middle.

Konstantin posted:

A few days ago I discovered you can bounce off of fireballs while in the Dry Bones shell, and I was inspired to make a level based on it:

Bouncing on Fireballs
7XB-KXG-XDF

So I think this level concept is cool but you went about designing it in a really poor way. You started the level off with a really difficult challenge where the punishment for failure is instant death. This is gonna make people instantly skip the level in endless. Second, the difficulty of this challenge is wildly out of proportion of the rest of the level, where death is pretty easily avoided. Putting this at the start of the level is a huge mistake, and I'd honestly think it'd be better off reworked to not punish you with death.

Whenever you do a weird stage like this, you want a small tutorial section to teach people about the strange mechanic and help them ease into it. Instead you start right off with the hardest part of the level. I'd strongly recommend reworking this level and uploading it again, because the concept is cool.

Straight White Shark posted:

Ran into a level on endless that was literally just a series of blind 50/50 trial and error options with softlocks. Somehow it had a 25% like rate :psyduck:

I posted a comment at the start spoiling all the correct routes.

Probably made by a streamer.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Internet Kraken posted:

SMB3 Revival: Block Crossing: Feel like this is shorter than even a SMB3 World 1 level. For what little there is you did a good job of capturing the SMB3 feel, but you made a pretty big oversight. You give the player a leaf, you give them plenty of room to run, but you don't put anything in the sky? SMB 3 hiding stuff in the sky was one of the big things it did to change itself up from SMB1 and show off the verticality. Not having that in this stage really hurts its ability to mimic the original games feeling.

Very true! Fortunately this was the first level I ever made, before I really started studying the layouts of SMB3 levels. All the ones I made after that with leaves have stuff hidden in the sky, and the one fortress I made has a leaf-based shortcut.

I've actually had a lot of trouble making levels that aren't heavily SMB3 inspired. I've had some (possibly) good ideas but the layouts don't come as naturally as simple, classic courses do.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, lately, when I'm just zoned out after work, I'll blow through maybe 15-20 Easy Endless levels, and rarely feel satisfied. Last night, I decided to try Normal Endless, which I had barely touched a month or so ago. I full expected to skip ones I didn't like and not feel bad about that, and with one skip due to softlocking (design your levels better! :argh:), they were all WAAAAAAY more involved and actually GOOD, though not to the level of quality that RAoM is.

God, I wish you could at least make your own playlist, and that way, the OP could take every level from the spreadsheet and put them all together in one big level chain.

That would be wonderful :allears:

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Bouncing Blasters!!! YHD-NGT-RRG

Do the same pretty precise jump a few times. Not much else to say.

I tried to figure out a way to cheat it by moving the trampolines around, but I kept coming up just short; maybe one of you can figure it out.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone played or designed a cool level with that night-castle theme?

I'm still really happy with this one.

Ignite Memories posted:

feel free to try Like a Bat Out of Hell BMG-6DT-8PG if you haven't, it's nighttime castle sm1 and there's a good ending to try for.
Can you defeat satan and redeem your filthy soul?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 14, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

May Contain Nuts posted:

Bouncing Blasters!!! YHD-NGT-RRG

Do the same pretty precise jump a few times. Not much else to say.

I tried to figure out a way to cheat it by moving the trampolines around, but I kept coming up just short; maybe one of you can figure it out.

Challenge accepted:

https://twitter.com/JeffTMBG/status/1161653518320582661

Here's another solution:

https://twitter.com/JeffTMBG/status/1161687957876510720

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 14, 2019

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

OneMoreTime posted:

18. Super Skyjinx and Boney Shells
By: Spanish Matlock WMN-RXL-8RF

19. Toadette's College Fund
By: Spanish Matlock K2Q-7VT-4VF

Thanks for getting me some clears on my harder levels. In return I have taken the world record of your first level.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1161669177142206464

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Spanish Matlock posted:

Thanks for getting me some clears on my harder levels. In return I have taken the world record of your first level.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1161669177142206464

Hey no prob! And nice, I know that record was pretty optimized in the first place so good job on that!

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn

Khanstant posted:

I don't think I have deleted anything, but my saves are full of half complete ideas and levels that I either get bored with (even if I still think they are good ideas, just don't feel like finishing) or just... stop doing. Deffo more of those than completed, uploaded levels.

I had time to play a few this morning:
Prism Tower Climb - Internet Kraken
I loved it! Your themes are great, and I really liked the snake blocks blocking the pipe. I was kinda dreading the boss fight when it came up because in general I hate fighting bowser et. all for the umpteenth time so I was pleasantly surprised with what it actually was.

Saw Blades in the Sky - itschris
The straight up "feels like it could be in a mainstream Mario game" kind of levels are generally my favorites, and this one hits that mark for me. Can't wait to try more of your stuff when I get a little more time.

And I have a few more of my own:
A Nice Infestation
9KS-C60-0RG

I ripped off a level I played in Normal Endless and themed it (I like to think) way better. Kill all the piranha plants! The number of plants was a coincidence, I swear, but it did influence the name of the level...

Teeter Totter Tour
W26-BRW-WHG

A bit harder than my other stuff, this one involves seesaws, tracks, and spikes.

Enjoy!

itschris
Mar 12, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

Link to the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466882414

Great stream, thanks for playing my level! I'm glad you liked it. A shame about the comment you drew getting lost, but at least the stream captured it!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
P-Switch Panic!: Not terribly hard for a level labeled Kaizo, though I'm not complaining. Kind of fun but I'd say you should of just put the P switches in ? blocks. There's one part where a P switch block blends in with the brick blocks and you'll miss it the first time around. It just feels like a cheap trick.

Too Mushroom: This level felt all over the place with how many elements it used, but none of them were used badly so it wasn't painful to play. Felt like a pretty traditional SMW level in parts. I enjoy how there's usually multiple paths through the level too.

Balancing Act: I thought this level was creative at first with its use of the seesaw challenge, but I have no idea how you're supposed to trigger the ON/OFF switch to get past the red block barricade. Frustrating! Needs to be a lot more clear.

Desert Dunes 1: Nice traditional level. I appreciate this level doing a lot with very little. The only enemies appear to be goombas and red koopas but you utilize terrain to create a variety of platforming threats with em. Good stuff. Bit short for my taste, but its about as long as a traditional SMB 1 level would be so no fault there.

POWer through! v2: Too easy to softlock in this level for my taste. You could of put in some reset doors or not had one-way grates that trap the player if they read a puzzle wrong.

Smoothie: I have similar comments about this that I did about Too Mushroom when it comes to course elements. Its not bad, but I think a tigther focus benefits more traditional level styles.

Paragoomba Panic!: Too short for me to really say anything substantial about it.

Rhythmancer posted:

Teeter Totter Tour
W26-BRW-WHG

Not bad. I feel like you could mix things up a bit sooner just because dodging spikes gets old pretty quick, and seesaws have a lot of weird potential for hazards. That said I appreciate you putting lots of optional coins along the seesaw ride the player can challenge themselves to get. That kind of stuff makes what are essentially autoscrollers much more tolerable.

Rhythmancer posted:

Prism Tower Climb - Internet Kraken
I loved it! Your themes are great, and I really liked the snake blocks blocking the pipe. I was kinda dreading the boss fight when it came up because in general I hate fighting bowser et. all for the umpteenth time so I was pleasantly surprised with what it actually was.

Thank you. I don't see much point in putting bosses in a level unless you've got some kind of twist on them. Everyone has seen the standard "Boom Boom in a box" fight a hundred times now. At best standard bosses are a bit boring, at worst they are actively dreadful to deal with (fighting a giant bowser with a respawning fire flower is an instant boo from me).

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
I took the concept from my Bouncing Blasters level and made a better level out of it.

Bouncing Blasters 2!!!!! SLC-XQS-NNG

You need to do it twice now and (I think) got rid of the stack rearanging posibilities.

I had this setup, I just couldn't get the jump timing right apparently

May Contain Nuts fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 15, 2019

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Infiltrate and Rescue - 2HC-XRH-RWG - This one took me a really long time to finish, went through a number of different ideas for different details. I liked the idea of starting in the castle and going through the roof to reach an airship. I really wanted to use night for the airship section cause the rain would have been so perfect aesthetically, but the low G for the enemies just slowed everything down way too much, especially the boss fight. I may revise this at some point, I think I could polish up the cannon gimmick in that boss fight, but I'd been working on this one for so long I just wanted it done.

It takes me forever to make levels now, I had about 20 levels finished by this point in MM1, but I think this is only my sixth for MM2. I will say that though I find them both totally fine, I don't find either on-tv joy cons or handheld touchscreen Making as intuitive and comfortable as touchscreen controller on the TV in MM1.

Suspicious Cook posted:

For my latest jam entry, take the role of the villainous Mario Mario as he, not content with merely stealing Bowser's beloved princess, breaks into the First Koopa National Bank, robs it blind, and makes a clean getaway in a stolen car in:

The Bowser Bank Break-in
R6T-LC9-CJG

Man, I was stuck on the thwomp traps at the start of this, I don't know if I was over thinking it or what. Really fun level though, I liked it a lot. Great job on the chase at the end, I usually don't like the car but this was really well laid out. Nice looking too, it's really hard to make a 3D World Level look super cool, but you did a really good job.

Sam Faust's Migration Patterns (KFJ-MW0-J8G), Ziddar's Frozen Frigate (HNQ-8MQ-6GF), and Gnome Enthusiast's Wiggler Waters (KCP-D4H-H3G[) and Jumble Jungle (KHK-RF6-VPG) were all really fun playing and great looking levels but I don't have any real specific feedback. I wanted to give feedback on a bunch of levels, but my Switch ran out of power 2 or 3 pages ago, so I'll jot down some of these codes for later. Love goon levels! I haven't been in the thread in a while, but I favourited a bunch of you last time I was and I've been checking that pretty regularly. Just faved a bunch more today.

mektarian posted:

#756 Wet Wet Woods
LR6-J3H-5CG
By: Perry Normal
There were some nice touches in this level like the decorated fort. Those giant piranha plants in the underwater section scared me a bit.

Yeah, if I had my time back, I might make those less jump scarey, or at least take more time to think about that aspect. Thanks for playing!

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 15, 2019

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
I just finished a new level just now.

Top Ten Anime Betrayals
Course ID: QPH-Y0S-DYG

Course requires precision jumping and the premeditated killing of a close friend.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Not super-SMM2-related, but I put Kaizo Mario World 1, 2, and 3 along with Grand Poo World 1 and 2 on my SNES Classic, and it is so cool to see those games in the official launcher. I never realized that those ROM hacks were made to actually run on SNES cores/hardware.

idk why I did this when there’s infinite SMM2 to play...

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Impromptu stream right here in a few minutes:
https://www.twitch.tv/pizza_skeleton

I'll be doing more Random Acts of Mario plus whatever viewer levels you toss my way!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

As always, I will be streaming tonight with some goon made levels! Not surprisingly, only a few were made since last Tuesday, so we'll have quite a few from Random Acts of Mario on tap for tonight! I should have the !add command up and running as well so hopefully I'll be able to take level requests as well.

List for tonight:

1. Color Contrast
By: Sam Faust CGB-RFG-HXG

2. Bouncing on Fireballs
By: Konstantin 7XB-KXG-XDF

3. Bouncing Blasters!!!
By: May Contain Nuts YHD-NGT-RRG

4. Teeter Totter Tour
By: Rhythmancer W26-BRW-WHG

5. Bouncing Blasters 2!!!!
By: May Contain Nuts SLC-XQS-NNG

6. Infiltrate and Rescue
By: Perry Normal 2HC-XRH-RWG

7. Top Ten Anime Betrayals
By: Crass Casualty QPH-Y0S-DYG

=Random Acts of Mario=

#40 Airfort one
By: Semisomnum TMN-HSN-T1G

9. #583 Snowswitch
By: Beerinator QCW-JSH-0NG

10. #190 Blooper Sea
By: Karma_coma KP1-X8X-9NF

11. #949 Starship Troopas
By: Forktoss P2T-RWS-YHF

12. #856 Better Snake Than Never
By: Argue 9SF-DD0-NTG

13. #461 Mario in the Whale
By: PantsBandit 0QS-1LC-CCG

14. #192 Time Traveling Pipes
By: The Awesomesaurus MGR-PNG-SYF

15. #679 Factory Floor is Lava
By: LeafyOrb VH8-V25-P1H

16. #293 The Treasure of Toggle Tower
By: Snake Maze YMW-C4X-9BG

17. #465 Air Power
By: Tayter Swift XBM-F64-4RG

18. #278 I want to be an Air Pirate
By: Svdl M6R-M4K-1MF

19. #408 Monster Recycling Plant
By: Bumblebadger 7GJ-LHK-3WF

20. #835 Icicle Islands
By: Argona WWQ-28T-2JG

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
:ohdear: The feedback I got on that level of mine (#12) is that some of the jumps are too hard to figure out; watching someone stream it should be instructive to me on how to design snake blocks fairly in the future. Good luck!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Argue posted:

:ohdear: The feedback I got on that level of mine (#12) is that some of the jumps are too hard to figure out; watching someone stream it should be instructive to me on how to design snake blocks fairly in the future. Good luck!

Thank you! I look forward to falling on my face a lot :)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Argue, I want to apologize again for bashing your level when you first posted it. I was in a lovely mood that day, and still feel kinda embarrassed by how needlessly harsh my criticism was.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Got a new stage for you all, it's this week's Jam level, Bomb, Burner, or Bust!!

Come and play the hottest new game show in the Koopa Kingdom!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Just going to plug a cool random Japanese creator who I found by browsing people who liked my levels and ended up playing everything in her profile. If you like traditional style Mario levels she's building a full game in the SMW style and they're all nicely done including the water levels and ghost houses. Here's the code for her latest: 6P5-QJ0-XJF.

May Contain Nuts posted:

I took the concept from my Bouncing Blasters level and made a better level out of it.

Bouncing Blasters 2!!!!! SLC-XQS-NNG

You need to do it twice now and (I think) got rid of the stack rearanging posibilities.

Challenge accepted 2!!!!!

https://twitter.com/JeffTMBG/status/1162149677669576704

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 16, 2019

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going live in 15 minutes with some Mario Maker! Come on down and join us.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
Any advice on how to get my maker score up? I've been floating around 3k for a while. I have a good number of levels up and most of them have like a 1:3 likes/plays ratio, but idk how to hit the next level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live with some Mario Maker!