Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

smarxist posted:

i'm just loving around man, and you gotta admit you came in FULL GOON, you never go full goon man, not in 2019
I am only ever myself, you freaked out because I (rightfully) pointed out that the Mars Volta suck. It's okay, we've all liked bands that suck. I still have LCD Soundsystem in my library. Just can't bring myself to delete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Der Meister posted:

they are my fav band but let’s not discuss or I will get sad. well them and opeth

i had a metal phase in my teens and opeth and some in flames are the only bands that survived into my 30's

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Der Meister posted:

they are my fav band but let’s not discuss or I will get sad. well them and opeth

stupid dream was on regular play for me for a while in the mid 00s

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Also those high school cafeteria lists are all bad

I listened to against me literally every day and couldn't give any fucks for the other four bands on that list w them

The worst meme, just absolute trash

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gonna go drive some back country roads in the middle of the night with arriving somewhere but not here on constant loop

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
lmao i just reset my password & realized what ive been doin wrong... been typing in the wrong username!! boy is my face red

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

top 3

Before these Crowded Streets (Dave Matthews Band)
The Moon and Antarctica (Modest Mouse)
Drink the Sea (Glitch Mob)

im white as gently caress deal with it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Top 3

Trunmp
Trunmapp seed bg HD
Teuaherldsp

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
since you all asked, here's my top 3:

burial -- untrue
lightning bolt -- wonderful rainbow
necrophagist -- onset of putrefaction

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, because when I think of bands that were never self-indulgent I'd definitely include The Beatles and Procol Harum. (I don't know anything about MB)

The Moody Blues are like Procol Harums classical stuff with strings. I'm just saying that's what I had to hear when I was trying to get stoned and listen to Pink Floyd growing up

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Wolfsheim posted:

Top 3

Trunmp
Trunmapp seed bg HD
Teuaherldsp

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zyla posted:

top 3

Before these Crowded Streets (Dave Matthews Band)
The Moon and Antarctica (Modest Mouse)
Drink the Sea (Glitch Mob)

im white as gently caress deal with it
oh man I wasted my time making fun of The Mars Volta

I genuinely didn't think anyone still listened to Dave Matthews

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the final cut was a good album

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

gonna go drive some back country roads in the middle of the night with arriving somewhere but not here on constant loop

that sounds fuckin sweet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
how do you "get" Springsteen, people i admire and respect tell me he's amazing, but all i hear is the like, culturally iconic shlock and the co-opting of his poo poo by corporate/political people

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Have you guys heard old town road

It's a good song based on the artists' time in the world of Red Dead Redemption

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

she's baby and will listen to whatever you want as long as it's not too loud

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

i'mma get you a shock collar

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

Top 3

Trunmp
Trunmapp seed bg HD
Teuaherldsp

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

top 3

Aaron Copland - Piano Concerto
Clarence 'Frogman' Henry - Ain't Got No Home
CYBOTRON - COSMIC CARS (DETROIT STYLE MIX)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

she's baby and will listen to whatever you want as long as it's not too loud

omg are those your sheets!?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

:getin:

haters gonna hate

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Wolfsheim posted:

Also those high school cafeteria lists are all bad

I listened to against me literally every day and couldn't give any fucks for the other four bands on that list w them

The worst meme, just absolute trash

The idea that the Manson, Tool and Deftones kids aren't at the same table doesn't sit well with my experience. Also that ICP isnt at that table

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

smarxist posted:

how do you "get" Springsteen, people i admire and respect tell me he's amazing, but all i hear is the like, culturally iconic shlock and the co-opting of his poo poo by corporate/political people
He wrote music that did a very good job of capturing a specific time and place so it's okay if it doesn't resonate with you. I'm not into him either.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

smarxist posted:

I want someone to do that lovely looking feel good movie about that indian guy in Britain discovering Springsteen only its some dreadful early 2000s garbage like sum41 or korn

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ASenileAnimal posted:

music is bad except for megadeths rust in peace

https://entertainment.theonion.com/humanity-still-producing-new-art-as-though-megadeth-s-1819578062

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Wolfsheim posted:

Have you guys heard old town road

It's a good song based on the artists' time in the world of Red Dead Redemption

i unironically have not heard the whole song yet. feels like at this point i should wait till marriage

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

smarxist posted:

omg are those your sheets!?

it's a lil pillow my mom made me with fabric I picked out a decade ago, extremely punk ofc

it's this rat's favorite pillow to lay on during floor time now :hai:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zyla posted:

:getin:

haters gonna hate
Honestly there's no reason to make fun of Dave Matthews Band anymore. It's just played out, it's like Nickelback jokes.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I listened to icp some in junior high and it’s funny af that it took me 25 years to learn they own

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol id you didn't go sit outside of Dave Matthews concerts in HS because the tickets were too expensive.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amazing

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I had a friend in high school who also wanted to do karaoke and would always sing that song STORM INTO THE PARTY LIKE MY NAME WAS EL NINO and it was bad every time

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

triple sulk posted:

he's definitely an rear end in a top hat but i think he's sort of gotten into a better place over the last couple years if you've seen him in interviews and stuff. obv can't speak for him but he always seemed miserable based on everything you hear about the okc/kid a years

also he and the band are super pro climate change awareness at least

tkol is unironically their worst album, worse than pablo honey, and i say this with them being my fav band. do check out anima because it's extremely good and the short film is cool. his second one is really kind of way out there (but good live), and the eraser was good too
his wife died of cancer a couple of years ago leaving him with two kids so that probably didn’t help matters

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what about Pink Floyd

are we allowed to like that

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Machina was the best Smashing Pumpkins album.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

I want someone to do that lovely looking feel good movie about that indian guy in Britain discovering Springsteen only its some dreadful early 2000s garbage like sum41 or korn
A cool meme would be to take the Shins scene from Garden State and dub in different audio

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I had a friend in high school who also wanted to do karaoke and would always sing that song STORM INTO THE PARTY LIKE MY NAME WAS EL NINO and it was bad every time

I fuckin love sum 41

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Honestly there's no reason to make fun of Dave Matthews Band anymore. It's just played out, it's like Nickelback jokes.

im very comfortable with how basic i am :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

beto sex cramp posted:

i unironically have not heard the whole song yet. feels like at this point i should wait till marriage

It's not even 2 minutes long, you probably did and just assumed there was more