Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Omobono posted:

What's a good DPS for the boar challenge quest? In other words, what are the tags in play?
I was thinking about defaulting to Murderdaughter, since she also gets some bonus against Ishtar, but that's mostly on the back of her being a really strong ST assassin; I doubt the giant divine boar counts as female.
Worse come to worse, command seals are there for a reason.

Jack is pretty decent, don't forget to use her heal and her information erasure skill, it reduce crit chance, which can really reduce the bull's damage output. Fondant au Chocolat is also a good Craft Essence to use, it was from the Valentine's event this year and offers a 30% bonus damage versus divinity, which the bull counts as.

If you're looking for a support, a strong friend King Hassan makes a great cleaner to put in the final slot of your party. With a heal, 3 turn defense buff, guts, and a triple buster deck he can finish the bull off with some brave chains when the rest of your party falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh, the divine boar. Bring a lancer like enkidu to deal with Ishtar, Mash or Jeanne to mitigate damage, and a big hit assassin like First Hassan, preferably as your last slot to exploit Guts.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Ishtar really screwed me over with her Invincibility+Charge Gain skill to Ignore Invincibility+Noble Phantasm full frontline wipe...Don't take her lightly.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Ishtar really screwed me over with her Invincibility+Charge Gain skill to Ignore Invincibility+Noble Phantasm full frontline wipe...Don't take her lightly.

Yeah I had Kiyolancer with kaleido on my front row just to ensure that ishtar never got a turn because when I DIDN'T do that she'd decide to crit for 9k even without her crit/attack buff.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Vengarr posted:

Yeah, Ishtar can completely ruin your day if you don't take her out really quickly. One good option if you can't nuke her down in one turn is to bring stuns and charge drains or NP seal.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Also remember that NP seal is still useful even if their NP isn't charged, as it blocks them from gaining a charge bar at the end of the turn like normal.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

MonsieurChoc posted:

gently caress they made Dumas white! :argh:

He had one black grandparent and didn't look black. He could only be considered black under the American one drop rule.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Factor_VIII posted:

He had one black grandparent and didn't look black. He could only be considered black under the American one drop rule.

He was pretty pale, but wasn't lily-white either, and got to deal with french racism for a lot of his life.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

He was pretty pale, but wasn't lily-white either, and got to deal with french racism for a lot of his life.

Making him brown wouldn't have been more accurate though; the skin tone they gave him was similar to his real one. If you want to look at characters who were given inaccurate skin colors there's Ozymandias, who in real life had light skin and red hair, as well as Darius III and Scheherazade, who were Persian but are depicted as being black.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

Ozymandias, who in real life had light skin and red hair,

quote:

the skin is of earthy brown, splotched with black

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

If you had read that passage more carefully you'd have noticed that it is describing the color of his desiccated corpse, which looks different than what he looked like in life. I guess I'd better quote the relevant sentences:

quote:

Ramses II was a ginger haired 'cymnotriche leucoderma'." The description given here refers to a fair-skinned person with wavy ginger hair. Subsequent microscopic inspection of the roots of Ramesses II's hair proved that the king's hair originally was red, which suggests that he came from a family of redheads.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

leucodermia is vitiligo?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

6 hours until Summer is upon us again :toot:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can't believe Darius's pitch black skin and 11 foot height is inaccurate to real life

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe they're blackwashing characters

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

El Burbo posted:

I can't believe Darius's pitch black skin and 11 foot height is inaccurate to real life

Yeah, I sort of figured Darius was just supposed to look unnatural/supernatural, what with the coal based foundation and gold inlay, not that it was supposed to be an actual depiction of the real historical figure.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Asimo posted:

Event CEs that require drops to limit break are the worst. :argh:

Agreed. If you don't want to put it in the shop, then just make it the reward for a challenge mission or something, like the items for the Ishtar dupes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I, for one, would have preferred a ginger Ozy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Roger Explosion posted:

I, for one, would have preferred a ginger Ozy.

Quick and Dirty:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unsettling

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Bad.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Quick and Dirty:

:sbahj:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In other SSR Rider talk I managed to pull Meido Alter today.

So that's Summer 2 banners completed for me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why can't we get more grails...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

150 quartz, trying for Raikou. Didn't get her, didn't get any 4* servants, definitely didn't get any 5* servants, didn't even get a CE. Gacha games are cancer and the sooner they're made illegal the better. :toot:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i'm doing it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Let's Tap

book
Nov 29, 2014
Spent 90 quartz. Got mama lancer and Heracles in a single ten pull. Almost tempted to go for NP2, but I’m going to hold off.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Quick and Dirty:

You should put this in your application to the FGO localization team.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The ad for Summer 2019 (JP) is out and it seems to confirm Melt, Okita, and Edelfelt (I think? What other statuesque Blondes are there? I doubt that it's Emperor Artoria, but could be) for the second batch of swimsuit servants

...Melt is wearing a penguin suit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbbXoLkpxA

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 14, 2019

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I need penguin Melt in my Chaldea right now... darn it!

Dee Ehm posted:

You should put this in your application to the FGO localization team.

Are you one of the like five people that religiously bring up Emiya Alter every single time FGO NA tweets about... anything?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

The ad for Summer 2019 (JP) is out and it seems to confirm Melt, Okita, and Edelfelt (I think? What other statuesque Blondes are there? I doubt that it's Emperor Artoria) for the second batch of swimsuit servants

...Melt is wearing a penguin suit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbbXoLkpxA

I'm pretty sure that is in fact Lartoria in the ad, the gold cross on her little tie is reminiscent of the cross on her crown and the blue in her costume is pretty much the same as the blue in her lancer form.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeah, she's lacking Luvia's signature drill hairstyle, Arturia Lancer feels like the other obvious option.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its lantoria

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ruler class if the text box she introduces herself is to be believed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the event shop has literally every class's pieces/monuments in it so there being a ruler would make sense

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think her eyes being yellow while not also having an otherworldly light is what threw me off

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I hope the plot for the event is the Lion King's attempt to turn Las Vegas into her Camelot 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Only got Summer Carm in 7 10x, but she's the only one I really wanted so who cares. Level 100 10/10/10, she's gorgeous and I'm satisfied.