Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Light level rework. It will be equal to how much you spend on Eververse items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Also where is the Elaine dance?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny 1.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back some D1 emotes but Reddit would probably throw a fit, especially if they had already paid for them before and were asked to do so again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pissing off reddit is actually the best reason to do it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I still want my loving Shrug.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Incitatus posted:

Also where is the Elaine dance?

U Can't See Me, as well.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/U21R2lg.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Facepalm and jazz hands please

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That scary halloween emote plz

https://i.imgur.com/hQVyO7t.gifv

bad gif, but this is the only record of it I have.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wtf, over

https://i.imgur.com/DlY6Ihb.gifv

Edit: does gfycat not do mp4 to gifv or what

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 14, 2019

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mods are going to be permanent unlocks (like gun mods in Division 2). Once you get one its available forever
Each armor piece will have an energy budget you can upgrade over time (up to 10 slots)
Like standard hc targeting is 4 and enhanced is 6 energy slots
You can have 3 mods if the budget allows
Some mods are arc/void/solar and can only be fitted into arc/void/solar armor, most mods are universal
arc/void/solar tyoe is random on armor, any armor can roll as any type
Mods drop from gunsmith (sold and packages), engrams, with enhanced mods from engrams from raids/IB etc. So you can't take any perks from your current gear
Traction is still a mod
Looks like you actually can't stack multiple hc loaders, but you can run something like enhanced HC and kinetic reload at the same time
only the exotic ornaments can be applied to exotic armor, the purple armor ornaments can't be put on an actium rig
another confirmation that solstice glows will work on the 2.0 version

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 14, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Most important: The shader browser is now 4 rows tall and scrolls horizontally. Also looks like there is no longer an apply cost?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Roman posted:

Each armor piece will have an energy budget you can upgrade over time (up to 10 slots)
Like standard hc targeting is 4 and enhanced is 6 energy slots
You can have 3 mods if the budget allows

isn't this just how warframe does it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Super, grenade, and melee cool downs are now 20% longer. Going partway on Intellect got the super cool down to 48 seconds longer than the current base cooldown

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bottom tree nightstalker got tweaked:

Grenade damage grants melee energy
Making allies invis grants grenade energy
Making allies invisible makes you invisible and grants a buff to mobility/recovery/resist for you and allies

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Old mods won't be made useless in Oct, you can still use them on old armor. You can still dismantle them for components to buy mods from banshee

Special ammo finder was buffed. Also ammo generated from that glows brighter and there is a text notification that it dropped

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 14, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It doesn't look like the new system lets you reduce class ability cooldown very much, so current armor with Paragon mods might continue to be useful if you're trying to spam your ability and don't care about anything else

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

you're going to have to regrind for 2.0 versions of old armor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You know how the player HUD tags just uselessly say "50" all the time instead of their meaningful power level? Well, they finally changed it!

Now it shows their class!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Weapons of Light back to ward of dawn

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
give me blessing back you cowards

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Glimmer from killing red bars nerfed 80%

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IT'S ALL REAL???!!!?!?!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I can't tell if this is supposed to deprecate D2Y2 armor or just be a sidegrade.

Like they've got a foot in each camp between "new grind" and "your old gear isn't worthless!" but it just means the new loot isn't very good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Y2 armor in Y3 will be like Y1 armor today- if you've got a really good one you like it won't instantly become bad and you can keep using it and keep doing well with it and probably infuse it to Y3 power levels, but all your opportunities for growth beyond your Y2 character will be Y3 armor because it has a wider possibility space and will be the only thing that drops from current activities.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

from pc thread "You can pull your existing EP collection armor as 2.0 armor but it will have a set energy type and set stats, which they said will be middling for all things pulled from collections under armor 2.0."

artifacts grant bonus light which resets each season

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Y2 armor in Y3 will be like Y1 armor today- if you've got a really good one you like it won't instantly become bad and you can keep using it and keep doing well with it and probably infuse it to Y3 power levels, but all your opportunities for growth beyond your Y2 character will be Y3 armor because it has a wider possibility space and will be the only thing that drops from current activities.

No way brose, Y1 armor was entirely deprecated by Y2. The Y1 armor didn't have perks, and the mods were turned to inactive dust, so they literally did nothing.

Y2 armor and mods seem like they'll keep their potency!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

WEAPONS OF LIGHT BITCH

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Please listen to Dickface McCunt,

Get a jump start on the new 250,000 glimmer cap (and lower glimmer drop rate!!!!) by buying negative yield glimmer bonds.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://destinyroundup.com/entry/251/armor-20-reckoning-drops/

Y1 Vanguard and Crucible armor will be available in Shadowkeep, and their respective ornaments will be supported.
Faction Gear won't be available. Armors that have acquisition sources will be available at Shadowkeep launch, so that covers your Raids, Destinations, Activities, etc.
New Materials: Enhanced Prisms and Ascendant Shards. Enhancement Cores stay, and there will be multiple new different sources for materials such as Enhancement Cores. Cores, Prisms and Shards are part of the upgrade process, they will allow you to socket more mods.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm assuming Taken Armament Mods are going to be removed or modified, because otherwise y2 armor, specifically y2 Prime Armor, will be exceptionally powerful in Highlander Gambit in October. But also won't be obtainable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

I was ahead of the curve

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I'm looking forward from going to a 10 Mobility Traction Titan into a 0 Mobility Tractionless battleship.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Guys

I think we can all agree on one thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGr7Yobxbi8

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
More poo poo tomorrow

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/1161707719755067394

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If I understand things correctly, you can't have two shotgun scavenger or fusion scavenger mods for at the same time for PvP anymore, since scavenger mods are now just for leg armor instead of the special ammo ones coming on arms and mark and primary ammo ones on chest and legs. You probably won't be able to go crazy with your special ammo guns, along with what looks like general increases to cooldown times, so there will be more emphasis on primary gunplay.

Curious how Opulence mods will fit into the new paradigm.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Year 3 armor doesn't have a mod slot or an Opulent mod slot, so hold on to as many pieces of Y2 armor as you want to use Y2 mods on.

Including exotics. Year 3 exotics, including pulling an exotic armor from collections, will be unable to take a y2 mod. Sixth Coyote with Paragon Mod? Chest of Inmost Light with a Taken Armaments? Gone!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My favorite exotic armour at the moment is getway artist, but I would not use it with albalest because then you have to use a automatic rifle on seconday, and you still need something to kill mayors. For that build, is best to use one of the beam rays (like the fire one) . or Le Monarque. I believe any pve weapon set needs one weapon for trash mobs, one weapon for mayors, and one weapon for boses. If you have one weapon that can fullfill two roles then you are free to equip whatever, but thats not the case here.

So the arbalest+getway artist build they have show is terrible. Arbalest in a really good weapon, but the ammo limit make it terrible at general PvE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone