Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I always enjoyed the graphs in my econ classes but I don't think I understand inverted yield curves

Back in school I could never understand why a yield curve would invert

Now that I am older I realize that it is because the economy is a scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

countdown to tweets about lemon squeezy

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Basebf555 posted:

I'd give anything to have been in the room when Mulvaney had to explain to Trump for the first time that he can't actually fire Powell.

trumps going to try anyway

or do things to make jay powell want to resign

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I'll never understand how a dude with that voice became a famous media personality, it's loving bizarre. Like, there weren't any chud grifters out there who wanted to do the same thing but actually had a decent radio voice?

it's because his dad is a right wing money man and initially got Ben on the grift train when Ben was a teenager bragging about saving himself for marriage (that's why people still sometimes call him Virgin Ben)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1161726908935147521

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The Alpha Centauri posted:

Powell seems pretty dug in. He's said a few times recently that he absolutely won't resign.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
as someone who watched the big short on the weekend who is now an expert on recessions i've decided they're actually p good because there won't be any consequences for bad rich people, only the poors and a decade later we can make a movie sympathetic towards the good rich people becoming richer by profiting off the suffering of the poors and it will win lots of awards

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wealthy people get bolder and bolder each day in isolated areas of the world where the watchful law of the eye evades them as they descend into drug/alcohol fueled sexual escapades

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

he sounds like one of the munchkins in wizard of oz. not even exaggerating, go watch a clip

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

i should be reaping Gains right now but my economy is too lazy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sorry u didn’t like the content o posted

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

MysteriousStranger posted:

wasn't the monica dress with clintons splooge on it blue?

i too wonder what color the famous blue dress was

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What are we gonna do for trump 1000

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

I like to Troump it Traeip it
I like to Trarpm it Tipnt it
I like to Tanrm it Timshp it
Ya like to

Tarlpt it

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The Alpha Centauri posted:

Doahld Tump is in for a hard lesson with Powell. The only authority the President has over the Fed is appointing people to the board. Once they're in, he in no way has any influence over them or has any way to get rid of them. He can piss and moan all he wants.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Agean90 posted:

Neutral evil gang

only for follow-up e-mails. lawful neutral for the first one.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Vim Fuego posted:

he's completely crazy

He's a Russian stooge, bringing a quick end to the American era.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

it owns that the foundation for american economic and foreign policy was from a literal paranoid schizophrenic. makes sense in hindsight

adam smith?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Doahld Tump is in for a hard lesson with Powell. The only authority the President has over the Fed is appointing people to the board. Once they're in, he in no way has any influence over them or has any way to get rid of them. He can piss and moan all he wants.

lol if you think anything matters

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i wonder how quick society would collapse if everyone on a below living wage job quit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

There’s this guy at work who seems normal otherwise but starts every email to me like “Respected Doctor Drunkboxer,” and signs it “With warmest regards,”

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

steps... steps :ohdear:

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Duscat posted:

trump will mint a big sack of trillion dollar coins with his face on them and they'll all go missing and two weeks later don jr is trying to trade one for ten billion $100 bills at a check cashing place

TURMP

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

If u have a job where you email regularly, :thermidor:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Gringostar posted:

@jack is a nazi

@JIAN

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here

https://www.patreon.com/goonfood

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cargo cult posted:

adam smith?

john nash

e: should have said post-WW2 policy

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

cavemen drank stagnant water and routinely died while making GBS threads their brains out for the third consecutive day

historically accurate. cavemen did those things. it’s a fact.

trump keeping this tradition alive on the whitehorse to this day

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I stilll think about the time Jeb! signed his fundraising email with “Excelsior,” and I wish I could pull that off

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cool today is one of the top four biggest one-day drops in DJIA history

:toot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

so Powell will be out by the end of the month ?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

y'all bougie af and dont even realize it

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

MRUTP comes at you fast and is a fickle pisstress

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
doland trump drinks the stagnant diet coke doesn’t feel good and change! shits his brains out

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

-800 baby

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Basebf555 posted:

I'll never understand how a dude with that voice became a famous media personality, it's loving bizarre. Like, there weren't any chud grifters out there who wanted to do the same thing but actually had a decent radio voice?

It made a lot more sense when you realize his entire base are reply guys, pedants, and the people who scream DEBATE ME at passerbys

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

So much of the US economy is held together by collective racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Bethamphetamine posted:

So much of the US economy is held together by collective racism.

and bullshit

complete and utter bullshit of numbers on a screen