Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Being Vegan and eating an imitation meat product instead of actual food -100 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Being Vegan and eating an imitation meat product instead of actual food -100 points.

Going along with the spirit of what they do because it brings joy to others +200.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

Going along with the spirit of what they do because it brings joy to others +200.

Yeah, exactly. It's a show about eating hot wings, you don't bring your own meal...

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Eating really cold wings on set for the entertainment of others +300

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah, exactly. It's a show about eating hot wings, you don't bring your own meal...

Clearly you didn't watch the Babish episode

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I was searching for a higher-res version and found this awesome Tweet from Jameela

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1160035412011732992

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Good for her!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I guess someone finally found the book Ted Danson lost that one day

https://twitter.com/freemisterclark/status/1161358210839633920

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ignis posted:

That's awesome.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Ignis posted:

Thankfully, it was someone who watched the show. What are the odds?

I mean, seriously, what are the odds?

I wonder if the odds of a fan finding that book are greater than or less than the odds of someone just writing that in a book and taking a picture of it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

tarlibone posted:

I wonder if the odds of a fan finding that book are greater than or less than the odds of someone just writing that in a book and taking a picture of it?

Fans of the show seeking out a copy of a book repeatedly mentioned by the show's creator doesn't sound that unlikely to me.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Someone who doesn't watch the show wouldn't understand the significance of the message and would just be annoyed at the wanton destruction of a book.

Also it's a book on moral philosophy. Nobody reads those :colbert:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

Fans of the show seeking out a copy of a book repeatedly mentioned by the show's creator doesn't sound that unlikely to me.

Is it more or less likely than a fan just writing the message in the book for a manufactured photo op, though?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

tarlibone posted:

Is it more or less likely than a fan just writing the message in the book for a manufactured photo op, though?

Less

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

tarlibone posted:

Is it really that hard to believe that two people enjoy the same show in one of the largest cities in the US? :psyduck:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's obviously viral marketing. Doesn't make it good or bad, but it's super obvious.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
This is not the first time this has happened. More people watch the show than are most likely seeking out the book on their own, so it’s really not that crazy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good thing they found it right before the final season airs.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i mean what a coincidence!! they found that there..... 44 days before the season premieres

:confused:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I live in Chicago and there's exactly 2 copies of the book in their library system and they are constantly checked out. That's not the case with basically any other philosophy book. I would give extremely high odds that it was fans of the show checking it out.

Also I don't understand why the people who Tweeted that would stage it to claim someone else was clever? Like, they could make the exact same Tweet and frame it as "I left a surprise for any other #TheGoodPlace fans who might check out this book".

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Is the implication that this is the same prop book from the show now added to a library or just that some other fan wrote it?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Normy posted:

Is the implication that this is the same prop book from the show now added to a library or just that some other fan wrote it?

The latter

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Guy A. Person posted:

Also I don't understand why the people who Tweeted that would stage it to claim someone else was clever? Like, they could make the exact same Tweet and frame it as "I left a surprise for any other #TheGoodPlace fans who might check out this book".

This way they could get all the retweets and likes without (as many) snippy replies saying "HOW DARE YOU WRITE IN A BOOK!!"

Edit: can->could

CPColin fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 15, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lotsa cynics on a one way trip to the bad place on here

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Normy posted:

I was just making a joke about the bloopers, it's the latter

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Lotsa cynics on a one way trip to the bad place on here

Perhaps, but also,

https://twitter.com/meganstags/status/1161470381133189120

... of course, it's also possible that this tweet is the actual hoax, and this is the book that Ted Danson wrote in, because if he put it back on a shelf in a library on the show, then that means that he did it in real life, and that if we didn't see him collect the prop at the end of the scene, then the only logical explanation is that it's still there, and has only just now been found.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Perhaps, but also,

https://twitter.com/meganstags/status/1161470381133189120

... of course, it's also possible that this tweet is the actual hoax, and this is the book that Ted Danson wrote in, because if he put it back on a shelf in a library on the show, then that means that he did it in real life, and that if we didn't see him collect the prop at the end of the scene, then the only logical explanation is that it's still there, and has only just now been found.

My god, just how deep does this conspiracy go? :tinfoil:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

My god, just how deep does this conspiracy go? :tinfoil:

What if I told you that there is no such thing... as a library?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tarlibone posted:

What if I told you that there is no such thing... as books?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

tarlibone posted:

What if I told you that punk-rear end book-jockeys?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

tarlibone posted:

What if I told you that ya basic ?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This really is the most striking cast.

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1161986012857475073

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna assume every show fan who's checked out or bought "What We Owe to Each Other" has been massively disappointed and confused, it being a philosophy book and all.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm gonna assume every show fan who's checked out or bought "What We Owe to Each Other" has been massively disappointed and confused, it being a philosophy book and all.

Those idiots, I don't even own a TV :smugbert:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

D’Arcy Carden is going to be one of the guest players in the third season of Harmonquest.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

D’Arcy Carden is going to be one of the guest players in the third season of Harmonquest.
Huh. Guess I'll be listening to Harmonquest.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Food puns will be The Good Place's greatest contribution to the culture at large
https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1167474595483574272

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

FactsAreUseless posted:

Huh. Guess I'll be listening to Harmonquest.

Watching, not listening to. HarmonTown is the podcast, HarmonQuest is the TV show where they play D&D with celebrity guest stars and there's animation of what their characters are doing. It has its ups and downs (as you might expect from a show that's based on improvisation with a new cast member every episode) but overall I like it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Sefer posted:

Watching, not listening to. HarmonTown is the podcast, HarmonQuest is the TV show where they play D&D with celebrity guest stars and there's animation of what their characters are doing. It has its ups and downs (as you might expect from a show that's based on improvisation with a new cast member every episode) but overall I like it a lot.

The Mantzoukas episode is still fantastic.