Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not sure how to phrase the question, but what should I be doing in preparation for Shadowkeep? I know some things are changing, so is grinding stuff like the chalice a waste of time?

Weapons will not be changing (to the degree that armor is, at least) so grinding for a good austringer, beloved, etc is not a waste of time. Some Forge weapons are also very good and worth having (blast furnace, kindled orchid, hammerhead).

The other major change besides armor is bright dust; you should be trashing almost everything you get from Eververse on sight because you'll be able to buy it later with shards and glimmer.

Really, just do what's fun, you don't need to obsess over a perfect build if you're an infrequent PVPer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Thank ya. Is there a good resource for builds so I can figure out what to grind for? My main character is a Titan if that matters. I have no idea what's BIS right now, which is my biggest issue right now.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

More like trying to handle recoil with a controller at 30 FPS.

Well yeah. The guns on console actually have recoil.

And there is actually a playerbase as well.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

And there is actually a playerbase as well.

Australia doesn’t have much of a playerbase on PC. The rest of the world is fine.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

Australia doesn’t have much of a playerbase on PC. The rest of the world is fine.

I do see US based streamers playing connect 4 in orbit when playing comp. Maybe just unlucky

The Destiny 2 PC thread looks pretty popular too

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 15, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I do see US based streamers playing connect 4 in orbit when playing comp. Maybe just unlucky

Comp is much slower on xbox than QP as well, Sony may have the objectively inferior console but you can't argue with their player counts!

warmind.io states that PS4 makes up 48% of the entire active Destiny population, xbox and PC split the remainder pretty evenly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Any time I want to talk poo poo about another platform, I ask myself,

"Did I once break down into loud ugly crying over how hard it is to understand the Leviathan Baths encounter, and immediately log off, quit the clan, buy a new console, and never speak to the old boys ever again out of shame?"

And if the answer is yes, I don't talk the poo poo

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Who the hell melted down over Leviathan

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

The Destiny 2 PC thread looks pretty popular too

Comp matchmaking on PC goes down the toilet as you start getting past 3k Glory. I’ve seen streamers wait over 15 minutes before getting a game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064

-All armor drops will have randomized elemental affinity, initial energy, all 6 stats

-Prime engrams will not start dropping until you reach 900. They will bank drop opportunities until then and then you get all of them as you continue playing.

-Legendaries from enemies will have a chance to drop at your character level, to help bring up slots that fall behind.

-As of Shadowkeep release all existing items will have their power raised to 750. This includes old gear in vaults so everyone gets a free push to 750 just by installing the patch.

-So don't bother infusing anything up to 750 today if it's not a daily driver.

-The seasonal artifact grants a bonus to character power level for all your characters but not to gear or drops.

-Pinnacle activities will be the only way to increase your power once you pass 950.

-"Here’s something I miss from Destiny 1: filling bars on my items and using materials to level items"

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 15, 2019

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Insane Totoro posted:

Seems pretty easy to figure out from context clues!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

-As of Shadowkeep release all existing items will have their power raised to 750. This includes old gear in vaults so everyone gets a free push to 750 just by installing the patch.

Stealth nerf for afk forge farming? If no one can tank their light level below the suggested level for the activity, then you have to put a fireteam together to ensure no one starts killing enemies.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm gonna be styling in my new 750 power broken armor from the very first story mission.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thank ya. Is there a good resource for builds so I can figure out what to grind for? My main character is a Titan if that matters. I have no idea what's BIS right now, which is my biggest issue right now.

What haveblue said is right: if you only PvE there's not much to stress about for guns. There are tons of great legendaries; personally, I like the Dreaming City and Gambit guns a lot, especially Twilight Oath, Tigerspite, Trust, and Bygones. You might want to grab Whisper of the Worm at some point because it's pretty good for big bosses. The quest is uhhh funky though so I'd ask someone who has done it before to help out.

For armor there's a bunch of exotics out there that mainly excel when paired with a specific subclass. Although I usually always run Helm of Saint-14 because it looks awesome. I guess armor is going to be totally reworked so maybe this advice doesn't matter?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

haveblue posted:

-"Here’s something I miss from Destiny 1: filling bars on my items and using materials to level items"

:chloe:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Insane Totoro posted:

goon struggles with bathing

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mr. Kurtz posted:

You might want to grab Whisper of the Worm at some point because it's pretty good for big bosses. The quest is uhhh funky though so I'd ask someone who has done it before to help out.

Whisper got nerfed and isn't especially useful for that sort of thing anymore, or at least isn't as useful as the other options.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah but, BUT!

You gotta collect 'em all

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
get to how you're gonna fix pvp already!!!!!!

well, they did say one thing already about special ammo economy to encourage more of a focus on primaries. but i hope it's not executed like in year 1 where everyone either used uriel's gift or positive outlook and the ttk was infuriatingly high...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

yamdankee posted:

get to how you're gonna fix pvp already!!!!!!

well, they did say one thing already about special ammo economy to encourage more of a focus on primaries. but i hope it's not executed like in year 1 where everyone either used uriel's gift or positive outlook and the ttk was infuriatingly high...

Holy cow seriously! Did they update us today on when Part 3 is happening? I know it was supposed to be later this week but not sure if that changed.

The admission of "Power is a problem" followed by "Also everyone is 750 power" makes me think this is Season of the Band-Aid, but they're probably on to something and I bet Season-After-This-Or-Next is pretty slick

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He seems to have written this all in one go and chopped it up for posting so I'd expect part 3 either tomorrow or early next week.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Has anything been said about removing heavy ammo from crucible yet?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

He seems to have written this all in one go and chopped it up for posting so I'd expect part 3 either tomorrow or early next week.

AH I missed it, but in his tweet today he said we get the final part tomorrow!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

AH I missed it, but in his tweet today he said we get the final part tomorrow!

Will it come bundled with his resignation?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
he will be resigning as franchise director to become creative director of all of bungie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
His resignation to the prospect of many more years of helming Destiny, maybe

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I only melt down over spire

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They mentioned PvP notes will be coming in the next directors cut.

It's pretty easy to figure out though. Special, heavy and supers are too prevalent. They'll nerf the effectiveness of scavenger perks, they'll extend the timers between heavy at a minimum and probably clip the wings of how much ammunition you get off pick up. Other option is reverting back to d1 - once per match, team heavy.

They'll also cut down super duration for roaming supers or decrease their damage resistance because right now supers are far and away better than they were in d1.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ammo in crucible is now fractional and you spawn with 0.2 bullets. Kill 8 enemies to pick up 0.1 bullets and you can now use your sniper rifle once.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The kill and pick up method is fine if you're not poo poo. When cunts have 2 scav perks it's just annoying.

Every one of my games I have primary kills at like a 3:1 ratio to my sniper. When most people are the inverse there's an issue.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Smith tweeted about reload mods and elements

quote:

This thread is about reloader mods (and also mods more generally in Armor this Fall):
In Part II, I talked about Hand Cannon mods which can be socketed into Void Armor for 3 Energy.
I should've also discussed that there are general mods like Small Arms Loader

These general mods--which provide the exact same effect as Hand Cannon reloader (but also affects other small arms weapons)--cost 4-5 energy (depending on the mod) and do not have an elemental affinity associated with them.

These general mods -- of which there are 11 -- are unlocked for everyone automatically, so you can start to tinker right away.

Basically, when when you want to specialize your weapon, it requires matching your armor's energy type.
And then you get an energy discount on socketing the mod.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

Smith tweeted about reload mods and elements

Not a bad trade off at all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only item of note in the weekly update is that they're starting a monthly fashion contest with an emblem reward.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

The only item of note in the weekly update is that they're starting a monthly fashion contest with an emblem reward.

As I posted the other day, I already won all contests.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
TIL goons are terrified of the bathers in Leviathan.

What a world. I thought goons were like.... Expert at stuff like EVE?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Heavyset dudes dripping with oil and noxious substances hit a bit too close to home.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

The kill and pick up method is fine if you're not poo poo. When cunts have 2 scav perks it's just annoying.

Every one of my games I have primary kills at like a 3:1 ratio to my sniper. When most people are the inverse there's an issue.

no

:colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

seems fine to me, perfectly balanced

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

pfft, special weapons. bring a sword!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You all disgust me.