Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Volcott posted:

Did your dick rot off? You may be entitled to substantial compensation.

You maybe not though as they're paying by the inch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
rear end-eating bacteria is a pro username.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Duel for Dildo as Matt Damon fans challenge Jimmy Kimmel's mayoral bid

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The actual article doesn't live up to the headline.

e: but there is this:

quote:

"He made a good point about the American president the other day, so I think that stands for itself," referring to Kimmel's line Monday: "If we can have a dildo running America, why can't we have an American running Dildo?"

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 04:01 on Aug 15, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/_curlytrill/status/1161666444209397760?s=21

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gamers being right about something is the most surprising part

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arctic mission will trap scientists in ice to study climate
:chillout:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This is the perfect headline/blurb for establishing that something has gone horribly wrong in a time travel movie:

Trump aides look into U.S. purchasing Greenland after directives from president

quote:

President Trump has pushed top aides to investigate whether the U.S. government can purchase the giant ice-smothered island of Greenland, two people with direct knowledge of the directive said.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have questions. Firstly, why?

Secondly...no, on second thought, that's about it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's one of those ideas where you're like "this is clearly stupid and impractical, but I'd still very much like to hear you explain why you want to do it in the first place, so let's put those objections to the side for a moment..."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I 100% guarantee he thinks Greenland is as big as it is on maps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Natural resources, arctic territory for claims and shipping lanes.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Economic exclusion zones, underseas resources and in future, shipping lanes thru the arctic region, which is becoming increasingly accessible due to the global temperature rising. Unlike Antarctic, Arctic region is mostly open sea, not permafrost tundra if you remove the ice so the resources are actually quite easy to harvest if there is even a small window to build and maintain infrastructure and the sea no longer freezes completely over.

Danes would be fools to sell. However, in near future it is not very far-fetched idea that the Russians will at some point start to organize some poo poo there, similarly as what they already do with the Norwegians and Canada over the Arctic sea.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Der Kyhe posted:

Economic exclusion zones, underseas resources and in future, shipping lanes thru the arctic region, which is becoming increasingly accessible due to the global temperature rising. Unlike Antarctic, Arctic region is mostly open sea, not permafrost tundra if you remove the ice so the resources are actually quite easy to harvest if there is even a small window to build and maintain infrastructure and the sea no longer freezes completely over.

Does anyone believe that Trump has thought of any of this?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Does anyone believe that Trump has thought of any of this?

Of course not. But the general idea is surprisingly sane, and "even the broken clock is sometimes right" etc...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

At this point I'll buy that he wants to resettle the unwanted refugees there and has no idea that Greenland is an inhabited country. Or doesn't care.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

I 100% guarantee he thinks Greenland is as big as it is on maps

Look at this yuge island the size of Africa, we have to have it

And thus, Mercator strikes again.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Hey. Good sir mr. American. There's people living in Greenland. It's their land. You're not going to buy Greenland from Denmark anymore than you are going to buy Belgium from Denmark, this is utterly insane.

what is wrong with you sometimes

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
US history says otherwise TBH

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Der Kyhe posted:

Danes would be fools to sell. However, in near future it is not very far-fetched idea that the Russians will at some point start to organize some poo poo there, similarly as what they already do with the Norwegians and Canada over the Arctic sea.

Greenland is self-governing anyway, so I don't think Denmark could sell it even if we wanted.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

Greenland is self-governing anyway, so I don't think Denmark could sell it even if we wanted.

*Gives Denmark free money*

*Invades Greenland*

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Liberate Greenland

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What's next then on the shopping list, Scotland?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Krankenstyle posted:

Greenland may be self-governing but for international law and sovereignty purposes it still is under the rule of Denmark and therefore considered as a territory or region of Denmark. So unless Trump wants to go to a war with another NATO country, Denmark has to agree to cede the territory, whatever the regional government of Greenland decides. Hypothetically, if the local gov said no and Copenhagen sold the place anyway, I think legally there is very little the local gov could do besides try fighting, negotiate for continuance of self-government, or get replaced.

This all of course being highly hypothetical since peaceful exchange or purchase of territory is nowadays very special case anyway.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What's next then on the shopping list, Scotland?

gently caress yeah, tow that poo poo over to Florida so we can have some mountains! We have toooons of lager and fried food. I'll start the BBQ now! We will take over the world. Like a kilted, drunken, incomprehensible Golden Horde carried along by our noble pick-ups, surrounded by massive packs of pit-bulls, spitting fire at all your stop-signs. The beer-runs will be epic.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The entire world will lay tributes of Pilsner at our feet, just to keep us out of their convenience stores. The shape of our Earth will be taught to children by observing the Scotch egg. Their will be weight to our curses. Puerto Rico will point, laugh, and jet off to colonize Spain; they will be the only ones to survive our stupidity-induced global suicide. It'll be fun though!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

...let me just call Vietnam real quick.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/chaoticjacobw/status/1161835598061035520?s=21

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

satire:
https://hyperallergic.com/492730/archaeologists-discover-worlds-oldest-break-up-letter-at-neo-babylonian-site/

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It would mean that the USA basically has Canada surrounded. Trump wants to crack that country open and feast on the maple syrup blood he believes runs through the veins of the whole country.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Inceltown posted:

It would mean that the USA basically has Canada surrounded. Trump wants to crack that country open and feast on the maple syrup blood he believes runs through the veins of the whole country.

But we all know that the power armor technology is strategically lacking behind and Vault-Tech is yet to build their first civilian test la---- vaults.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1162531997459374082

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Seaside town's high-tech anti-sex toilets will spray users with water

quote:

The Welsh seaside town of Porthcawl is planning to install anti-sex public toilets that would spray occupants with water and sound an alarm. Violent movement sensors would automatically open the doors and sound high-pitched alarms, with fine water jets soaking the interior. Weight-sensitive floors would ensure only one user could be in a cubicle at a time, to safeguard against “inappropriate sexual activity and vandalism”.

However, Twitter users have questioned how the systems, in particular the weight-sensitive floors, would work in practice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How fat is this town? Because I foresee problems here

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

"To stop anti-social use"? Banging in a public toilet seems more social than the other traditional uses.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
This is just a cynical attempt to get an influx of sex tourism from people whose fantasy is banging in a public restroom while alarms screech and water sprays onto them.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dachshundofdoom posted:

This is just a cynical attempt to get an influx of sex tourism from people whose fantasy is banging in a public restroom while alarms screech and water sprays onto them.
Yes but I'd still have to go to Wales.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf who wouldn't have sex on a toilet that sprays?

not in wales though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's actually to make sure that people sleeping rough are forced to be out on the streets rather than in a place with a roof.