Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Stoner Sloth posted:

well there are cassowaries here... they can definitely kill people.

:stare: i read about these and it's basically this scene evolved into a modern birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Bratty jurassic park kid: "more like a 6 foot turkey" *gets immediately sliced open by a 3 foot cassowary*

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

:stare: i read about these and it's basically this scene evolved into a modern birb

i had to do this to you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Goons Are Gifts

hi

alnilam

helo

ty manifisto

Papa Was A Video Toaster

chat

Heather Papps

hello friend

what is yalls fave version of hello

i really do enjoy a nice gutan tag, but honestly, the how ya doin' now, fine and you? fine thing from north ontario is pretty great.
my grammas version of hello is "can i pour you a coffee?"

alnilam

I am not southern but i have adopted howdy bc i like it

I have also adopted y'all bc it's genuinely useful

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

i may not be a cowpoke, but i am the practical type. i only get so many words in my life, not gonna waste'm on you all.
*tips hat*

Goons Are Gifts

It's guten Tag, because gut means good and that's important. The opposite is Schlechte Nacht by the way and you should not say that unless you are in a fight with someone, which given the language might be dangerous

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i'm in western canada and am also partial to howdy. also acceptable "uh suh dude", "hey, how's it going"

Goons Are Gifts

Also saying morning regardless of the time of the day is a fun adventure towards how much of you can other people handle

Morning!!

Goons Are Gifts

Hello is under appreciated and amazing

alnilam

hello is pretty solid and has been appreciated by intellectual and artistic greats thru the ages

ty manifisto

alnilam

"Hellooo, helloooo, hellooooo" -the 3 stooges

"Hello" -Adele

"Hello operator, please give me number 9" - miss suzy

"You had me at hello" - audio from the bruce springsteen song secret garden [promo version]

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

a hoy hoy

also,

oi!

Goons Are Gifts

"Hello!" Dante said when he saw the three maws of lucifer chewing on the three traitors in the ninth circle of hell.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
i've always found myself partial to a good ol' fashioned "yo"

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

j0, like the 1337 h4x0r everyone wanted to be in the 90s

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

pixaal posted:

j0, like the 1337 h4x0r everyone wanted to be in the 90s

don't worry we understand you

MockingQuantum

I'm not picky myself, but a friend of mine is fond of saying "Holamos" which he claims means "greetings to all of you" though I'm pretty sure you can't conjugate "hello"

thank you luvcow for the sig

vanisher

alnilam posted:

I am not southern but i have adopted howdy bc i like it

I have also adopted y'all bc it's genuinely useful

gotta pair them up

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Hey friends I learned that one thing that happens when you get older is your spine starts to not be an invincible pillar within your frame that you can mistreat and abuse

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Today's my 54th birthday, and my wife got me something nice.

Now to learn how to play them...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

woah nice amd ahappy birdthsya

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

woah nice amd ahappy birdthsya

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

vanisher posted:

Hey friends I learned that one thing that happens when you get older is your spine starts to not be an invincible pillar within your frame that you can mistreat and abuse
Now you can look forward to the next lesson which is the same thing but all the bones.

My preferred greetings have been said already, the wrong-timed "morning" and the anytime "a hoy hoy", but I also quite like a simple "hey".

alnilam

speaking of bodies failing i have been pretty healthy my whole life and now I'm 31 and developed acid reflux and it feels like I'm dying sometimes I'm so not used to feeling discomfort in my chest and tum tum

ty manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

speaking of bodies failing i have been pretty healthy my whole life and now I'm 31 and developed acid reflux and it feels like I'm dying sometimes I'm so not used to feeling discomfort in my chest and tum tum

I used to eat Tums like candy but tried prilosec fr about 2 weeks now and then and it keeps it under control

nut

instead of hello i say, "help me" because it gets me the attention i crave

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

alnilam posted:

I lasted a bit longer than that, but yeah, at about 40 my wife and I both hit "just ate some moderately spicy food, better also eat a chalk-pill pre-emptively to stave off the night-bile."

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

I used to eat Tums like candy but tried prilosec fr about 2 weeks now and then and it keeps it under control

yeah my doc figured out it was probably reflux anf prescribed me omeprazole (same thing) to at least see if that's all it is. just started it, hope i see some effect cause it's scary to have weird breathing irritation and chest tightness

ty manifisto

nut

i managed to get out of daily acid reflux but just redoing my diet but what they don't tell u when u try to eat healthy is that the second u break code the pizza takes a special route from ur mouth to ur butt asap

nut

it's called the ASAP digestive track both for its quickness and it is named after the janitor who has to clean up the work bathroom now

alnilam

lol

I eat pretty healthy but i drink too much coffee so I'm trying to cut down on that too

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

my doctor gave me pills to fix my tim tam tummywum but then i just stopped internalizing stress/anxiety and stuff is kinda better by itself

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If you can arrange your bed so you're sitting somewhat upright (versus flat) it helps with GERD, too

vanisher

Sorry your tum is busted up Al

Hey did you ever get chicken #2? Hope your other gal is doing okay

alnilam

No :( things are complicated rn because of travel for work but we are soon lendig her to a friend who is getting a bunch of young pullets so pepper can be a matriarch, then hopefully later we can get her back with some other new friends

she seems to be doing prettywell though but i still want to get her some company really soon

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

happy birthday splat! have fun with the banging

re: hellochat, I was hiking today, gauging what to say to the various hikers you encounter is always interesting, a nice diversion from the trail's rocks and roots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8RWwAf9I8M

ty nesamdoom!