Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The crowds for Smackdown house shows in 2021 have leaked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Incessant Excess posted:

The crowds for Smackdown house shows in 2021 have leaked:

2021? I look for that to happen by next summer if things don’t radically change.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress happened to ROH? I haven't ever really followed ROH but I remember them being the hottest poo poo ever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress happened to ROH? I haven't ever really followed ROH but I remember them being the hottest poo poo ever.

Their hot talent (aka New Japan and The Elite) started doing more of their own shows instead.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Their hot talent (aka New Japan and The Elite) started doing more of their own shows instead.

And before that, guys like Owens, Zayn, and Cole going to The E.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

rare Magic card l00k posted:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And before that, guys like Owens, Zayn, and Cole going to The E.

Wow. Ok I guess that makes sense. I have been saying that I think TNA and ROH have more to worry about with AEW than the WWE does and I guess this just proves that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

You know how they handled the Bryan/Nigel raids by still having enough of a good roster they could survive it?

They didn't have enough of a good roster to survive the Elite leaving, and they chose to deal with it by
1) ignoring they were leaving until the last possible minute,
2) replacing them with talent signed short-term that they don't use effectively,
3) pushing Matt Taven to the world title rather than give Marty a short run with it before he leaves too, which would have at least made fans happy if not gained some more fans curious to see his reign, and
4) a combination of other things they've done that have led to resentment from partners New Japan (doing a surprise run-in outsiders gimmick immediately after a match their talent were part of and weren't filled in on) and from fans (giving Bully Ray more booking power, keeping booker Delirious around as his worst tendencies continue to show, and not having quality enough matches that any of the bullshit at the end of matches, after matches, or backstage can at least be temporarily overlooked)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
as I understand it they want talent under contract but they can't match AEW (or WWE, obviously) for salary or exposure so they're losing out when it comes to top-tier talent

there are still a few guys who've been there for years and are loyal (like Jay Lethal and the Briscoes) but otherwise they don't really have any big draws left

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
It is a mixture of things, they lost a poo poo ton of talent all at once and didn’t use any of them put over any of the remaining talent in any meaningful way. They completely botched Matt Taven’s reign in multiple ways. The build was interesting but RoH made it not matter the entire time so therefore the audience hasn’t cared. The talent they have signed post Elite/SCU have been used so poorly it is probably better they didn’t sign them at all. They have likely lost their NJPW partnership which they also used poorly. They have no one on the roster that anyone cares about.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

4) a combination of other things they've done that have led to resentment from partners New Japan (doing a surprise run-in outsiders gimmick immediately after a match their talent were part of and weren't filled in on) and from fans (giving Bully Ray more booking power, keeping booker Delirious around as his worst tendencies continue to show, and not having quality enough matches that any of the bullshit at the end of matches, after matches, or backstage can at least be temporarily overlooked)

This is interesting because I watched the G1 SuperCard live and I thought the "run in" was so stupid especially because it ostensibly lead to nothing right? Tama Tonga sounded pissed "We are the bullshit ROH Trash Champions" and it did kill my interest (along with the Beautiful People). I'm lukewarm on Taven but mostly just because I'm not familiar with him

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

This is interesting because I watched the G1 SuperCard live and I thought the "run in" was so stupid especially because it ostensibly lead to nothing right? Tama Tonga sounded pissed "We are the bullshit ROH Trash Champions" and it did kill my interest (along with the Beautiful People). I'm lukewarm on Taven but mostly just because I'm not familiar with him

Yes and it led to nothing BECAUSE no one knew. Or perhaps more accurately, if people had known, it never would have happened.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tama Tonga going "Look at this garbage. Nobody gives a gently caress about no RoH." and then throwing the belt he just won at the wall says pretty much everything you gotta know about RoH in 2019.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Tama Tonga going "Look at this garbage. Nobody gives a gently caress about no RoH." and then throwing the belt he just won at the wall says pretty much everything you gotta know about RoH in 2019.

So does Silas having a "ROH sucks for real" gimmick.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
They are also owned by Sinclair who literally view them as content to pad out their broadcasting schedule so there's no drive to grow beyond their current role like there was in the mid aughts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

So does Silas having a "ROH sucks for real" gimmick.

Which may well be the Brian Pillman gimmick so he can gently caress off to Florida after getting buyer's remorse on his ROH deal.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

since nobody mentioned it, ach/Jordan Myles beat trevor lee/Cameron Grimes in the breakout tournament finals. afterwards regal came out and gave him a contract of some kind. probably a NA title match but he could be something for Adam Cole.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
RoH has gotten hit really hard with talent getting poached over the last few years.

I went to a non-NJPW affiliate RoH house show in late 2015 and the card included all these guys

- Mike Bennett/Maria Kannelis
- Bobby Fish
- Roderick Strong
- Cedric Alexander
- ACH
- Stokely Hathaway
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Adam Cole

Literally all of those dudes are in WWE/NXT now. That’s a crazy amount of people to lose to a single competitor within 3.5 years.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They may well benefit the next time WWE purges its low card. Like, there are only a couple of 205 Live guys that AEW would take

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

since nobody mentioned it, ach/Jordan Myles beat trevor lee/Cameron Grimes in the breakout tournament finals. afterwards regal came out and gave him a contract of some kind. probably a NA title match but he could be something for Adam Cole.

The tournament was for a title shot for any NXT belt, so clearly ACH is Shayna's next victim.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Basic Chunnel posted:

They may well benefit the next time WWE purges its low card. Like, there are only a couple of 205 Live guys that AEW would take

They don't even do the traditional post-Wrestlemania bloodletting though. They'd rather keep people unused but undercontract than have the slim chance of them going and making money for someone else.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162139037920088068

:suicide:

I mean...Shayna isn't wrong. They managed to get a 1.5 star match rating from Dave, which is the first time an NXT Women's Title match has been rated that low.

Why in the everliving gently caress is this feud continuing? It's heatless, and just awful.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe a Survivor Series match with the Four Horsewomen and whoever Shayna has beaten in the past with help..which is Dakota, Mia,???

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe a Survivor Series match with the Four Horsewomen and whoever Shayna has beaten in the past with help..which is Dakota, Mia,???
Rousey is going to get the return pop no matter what, have her be the "Surprise partner" in a War Games match in NXT for the babyface team, then turn completely on her own team Ric Flair style to get the heat back and start the Four Horsewoman feuds.

It'll boost NXT viewership and give her a nice return I guess :shrug:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ronda is trying to get pregnant.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ronda also just signed to have a recurring role on the a FOX show 911.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Continue All The Feuds

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162150147138211841

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162139037920088068

:suicide:

I mean...Shayna isn't wrong. They managed to get a 1.5 star match rating from Dave, which is the first time an NXT Women's Title match has been rated that low.

Why in the everliving gently caress is this feud continuing? It's heatless, and just awful.

It is standard NXT booking after a taping. You know this.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

fatherofmustard posted:

Ronda is trying to get pregnant.

travis keeps peeing in her butt, but no success yet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NXT's always had a weird problem with stretching feuds out because of how infrequently takeovers are, but the last year and a half or so feels like main roster WWE, but moving at a snail's pace

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Candice v Io was a loving great match so personally I'm stoked that there's going to be another one (at least)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162156060280590336

Oof. Rhea "SORRY YOU WERE OFFENDED FOR ME SAYING A SLUR" Ripley getting a title shot is a big no from me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162171876904488962

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Might Only Job

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

blast0rama posted:

Ronda also just signed to have a recurring role on the a FOX show 911.

Bit of an inside job considering she’s still under WWE contract

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Trevor Lee

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It may be something or nothing but Shotzi Blackheart talked about missing on something today. I think that maybe she was part of this NXT class that was revealed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162181783976402946

I can't believe they are going to attempt Rhea vs Shayna at Takeover: Wargames (from the look of things).

Especially considering Rhea is still fairly green and Shayna isn't exactly known for being able to carry talents to great matches. Hopefully they run another Io vs Candice match, with Io killing Candice (again). Because otherwise oof.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1162181783976402946

I can't believe they are going to attempt Rhea vs Shayna at Takeover: Wargames (from the look of things).

Especially considering Rhea is still fairly green and Shayna isn't exactly known for being able to carry talents to great matches. Hopefully they run another Io vs Candice match, with Io killing Candice (again). Because otherwise oof.

So they aren't Joshis and you are mad about it?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

So they aren't Joshis and you are mad about it?

More along the lines of Shayna's reign has become an utter chore, and putting the title onto Rhea (who is fairly green) isn't going to help elevate the title. There's a white hot feud in Candice/Io that SHOULD be for the title, but instead they get relegated to the sidelines just because people are souring on Shayna's reign it seems, and that probably pisses someone in creative off.

Io vs Candice is a LOT more interesting than Shayna vs pretty much anyone right now. But instead of putting the title onto the hotter program, they try to cool off the hotter program just because they feel the need to keep Shayna in the spotlight for god knows what reason despite the fact that the vast majority of people are starting (or have already) soured on her reign. And Rhea winning the title makes absolutely no sense considering she's a part of the NXT UK brand, and also fairly green.

And she's homophobic as well, so there's that.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

RoH has gotten hit really hard with talent getting poached over the last few years.

I went to a non-NJPW affiliate RoH house show in late 2015 and the card included all these guys

- Mike Bennett/Maria Kannelis
- Bobby Fish
- Roderick Strong
- Cedric Alexander
- ACH
- Stokely Hathaway
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Adam Cole

Literally all of those dudes are in WWE/NXT now. That’s a crazy amount of people to lose to a single competitor within 3.5 years.

ROH 2013-2015 is very underrated.