Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Looks so fun. if that is indeed the final season i hope we get another show in that style.

Another inbetween movies show could follow poes black squadron while they were busy faffing about in tlj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerkface posted:

Looks so fun. if that is indeed the final season i hope we get another show in that style.

Another inbetween movies show could follow poes black squadron while they were busy faffing about in tlj

The Poe Dameron comics already sorta covered that time period and they seem loathe to double-dip in showing the same thing in two different mediums

The destruction of Coruscant Hosnian Prime in Resistance is one of the first times they've done it, I think, and we might be getting some RotS in the next Clone Wars season, albeit from a different angle, which I suppose is how they get away with it...?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

The destruction of Coruscant Hosnian Prime in Resistance is one of the first times they've done it, I think, and we might be getting some RotS in the next Clone Wars season, albeit from a different angle, which I suppose is how they get away with it...?

Yes, the Ahsoka YA novel confirms that (book and show spoilers)The Siege of Mandalore takes place during RotS, and ends with Order 66 forcing her and Rex to fake their deaths and go into hiding.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ewan McGregor's apparently signed on to an 8-episode series, and he's going to be directing a few of them

http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/movie-reviews-movie-news/exclusive-ewan-mcgregor-signs-on-for-obi-wan-kenobi-return/
https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-music-tv/rumour-ewan-mcgregor-to-direct-episodes-of-live-action-obi-wan-kenobi-tv-series/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

While I'm excited, I'll believe it when I see an official announcement.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:gizz:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

While I'm excited, I'll believe it when I see an official announcement.

D23's just around the corner.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Imagine a show where they digitally de-age Ewan a for an episode where he and an also digitally de-aged Hayden have an adventure. I'm down.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How about they AGE McGreggor and have old Ben adventures pre-ANH instead.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

How about they AGE McGreggor and have old Ben adventures pre-ANH instead.

Why not both? I was more so implying that the potential Kenobi series could have a flashback episode where Hayden cameos, and how that would be a cool thing to do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

teagone posted:

Why not both? I was more so implying that the potential Kenobi series could have a flashback episode where Hayden cameos, and how that would be a cool thing to do.

:agreed:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bloody hell, he ages like Keanu Reeves

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hayden doesn't look like he aged that much either.
https://twitter.com/mattlanter/status/1117436599271329793
They actually probably wouldn't even need to de-age them if they were to do a flashback.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, just highlight that it was a particularly rough battle in The Clone Wars. Bonus for the Ahsoka name drop. Probably asking too much for a cameo, unless they use it as a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Teek posted:

a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol seconded

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teek posted:

a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

rule34 has you covered there I think

When do all the various new Disney shows start anyway? It feels like they've been talking about them all for a while now

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Teek posted:

Yeah, just highlight that it was a particularly rough battle in The Clone Wars. Bonus for the Ahsoka name drop. Probably asking too much for a cameo, unless they use it as a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

If they make a live-action Ahsoka series I might cry. Papa Disney, pls...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

rule34 has you covered there I think

When do all the various new Disney shows start anyway? It feels like they've been talking about them all for a while now

Pretty sure Mandalorian is a launch title for Disney+. No word on the Cassian show or Clone Wars Season 7

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure Mandalorian is a launch title for Disney+. No word on the Cassian show or Clone Wars Season 7

Yeah, Mandalorian will be a Day 1 premiere (Nov. 12th) and roll out weekly. Cassian doesn’t shoot until later this year or Q1 2020, so it’s likely a Q3 2020 or later release. Clone Wars is late Q1 2020 or early Q2 I think.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Between all the Marvel and Star Wars shows coming there, I may have to give in and subscribe to that network :cry:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I tried to talk my wife into the ESPN/Disney/Hulu bundle, but she pays for ad free Hulu and doesn't want to lose it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

I tried to talk my wife into the ESPN/Disney/Hulu bundle, but she pays for ad free Hulu and doesn't want to lose it

Yeah that's a pretty poo poo bundle, especially since they've said there's no plans for an ad-free version. I'd consider it if they actually included ad-free hulu and disney+ in the same one.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's official now
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1162153254278447105

:allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’s cool - and not surprised Resistance got knee capped after 2 seasons.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

That’s cool - and not surprised Resistance got knee capped after 2 seasons.

Yeah...how dare the writers tell a story with a limited scope and end things on their own terms.

It's not like the show got cancelled out of the blue

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Apparently season 2 was already in production in 2017, so I imagine they knew it was gonna end then as Filoni/Lucasfilm has already hinted at other shows being worked on.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

jivjov posted:

Yeah...how dare the writers tell a story with a limited scope and end things on their own terms.

It's not like the show got cancelled out of the blue

The show stinks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vintersorg posted:

The show stinks.

The show is good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

The show is good.

I think it's bad. The art style is cool, but I don't like the characters at all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

I think it's bad. The art style is cool, but I don't like the characters at all.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

teagone posted:

And their lack of depth or growth. Or plot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jar-Jar Binks but he's a human now.

I think I dropped out around episode 13 ("Dangerous Business"). That felt like plenty of time to grab me and it never did. Does it stop being wacky times on planet race?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Jar-Jar Binks but he's a human now.

I think I dropped out around episode 13 ("Dangerous Business"). That felt like plenty of time to grab me and it never did. Does it stop being wacky times on planet race?

Yeah the NotEmpire comes and get's all Empirey, and they all bail on the station that is really a floating ship. Much pew pew, lots of fist shaking.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there was definitely a lot of filler crap and having the one girl go first order was uhhhhhhh

hope they end up using that cg style for other projects tho, would be a shame to let it go to waste

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

site posted:

there was definitely a lot of filler crap and having the one girl go first order was uhhhhhhh

hope they end up using that cg style for other projects tho, would be a shame to let it go to waste

If by "Uhhhhhhhh" you mean, "the first really interesting plot point that happened."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i cant say im a fan of having the only black woman on the show voluntarily join the fascist organization. if they had gone with someone else i wouldnt have cared so much but thats not a great look

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

site posted:

i cant say im a fan of having the only black woman on the show voluntarily join the fascist organization. if they had gone with someone else i wouldnt have cared so much but thats not a great look

It's offset by Finn then defecting

There's a careful balance they must maintain or else the entire First Order collapses like a house of cards in a wind tunnel

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
With the Obi-Wan series on the table, and dangling plot threads with Crimson Dawn in Solo, it's making me wonder about a potential live action Obi-Wan/Maul interaction that doesn't conflict with Rebels.

As a theoretical exercise, I wonder if one could recut Twin Suns to remove any Ezra presence. It's going through hoops to preserve continuity to an obnoxious level, but I wonder if it could still work. So essentially you show Maul searching for Obi-Wan on Tatooine, then later have him arrive and confront Obi-Wan. If it works there, you could essentially just replicate it in live action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Feels like a stretch, but who knows. That Twin Suns duel is so good. Probably a top 3 all-time lightsaber fight, in my opinion.