Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

feelix posted:

They closed it because your attempts weren't successful.

I would agree but then I read the replies and other thread so, I somehow dont think that was it. You need to learn dementia typing to post there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

everybody involved is a smug prick goddamn

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

don't people usually give the message a once over to make sure autocorrect didn't ruin it? i thought the dude was doing a weird joke by mentioning TVs, but he's just an idiot

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ive asked my wife 'hoes going' more than once; autocorrect will gently caress you on exactly one word unless you're trying

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Autocorrect doesn’t hit the post button for you

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah, but a message to your wife who loves and understands you is different from posting to a roach motel for pedants

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just turn off autocorrect you mongrels

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
lmao more like YOUR from the 90s lmao fuckken got u

literal gold murdered em by words lmao

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fallom posted:

They’ve been doing that the whole time

Nah loads of people way way way over use it

See: Pewdiepie. Edgy fuckup idiot? Yes. Actual Nazi? No. It's extremely overused.

I'd be a degenerate with a big black triangle under the nazis, for the record.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 16, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

Nah loads of people way way way over use it

Yes that was my point.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Someone pls think of the nazi feelings

I don't see the harm in people using facist and Nazi intermixed. If they call a facist a Nazi they are wrong from a 'well actually' point of view but it's still a facist and a racist. If they call a Nazi a facist they are also right

But yeah, let's be careful about naming facists wrong because it might hurt their feelings or whatever

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

imo it is extremely hosed up to call US conservatives nazis, accurately, but then not treat them like nazis, by incinerating them in their bunker

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
"not a nazi just a fascist" is 2019's "not a pedo just an ephebophile"

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
splitting hairs when we should be splitting wigs

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Naming people Nazi who are not is wrong if you are using it in a dumb manner because you are dumb (example: someone who calls people Nazis because they do not have the same favorite star trek you do or hates your favorite anime) and contribute needlessly to stereotypes. Yes, I've seen multiple people do that.

PewDiePie is someone who finds those who speak favorably of genocide acceptable company. He deserves the title. As does anyone else who finds talk of genocide and white racial superiority acceotable. That's my opinion at least.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The purpose of calling someone a Nazi is to test their views. If they back off of the poo poo that's getting them called a Nazi, they're probably redeemable. If they double down on it, you were justified in calling them that, because they're a drat Nazi.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Heath posted:

The purpose of calling someone a Nazi is to test their views. If they back off of the poo poo that's getting them called a Nazi, they're probably redeemable. If they double down on it, you were justified in calling them that, because they're a drat Nazi.

You're a Nazi. Back off or double down.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Reddit: Where there's only two points on the political spectrum but seven types of fascists.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Martin BadClixx posted:

Someone pls think of the nazi feelings

I don't see the harm in people using facist and Nazi intermixed. If they call a facist a Nazi they are wrong from a 'well actually' point of view but it's still a facist and a racist. If they call a Nazi a facist they are also right

But yeah, let's be careful about naming facists wrong because it might hurt their feelings or whatever

don't overuse either of them!!!! you make it easier for them to do their thing!!!

if everyones a nazi, nobodies a nazi is a correct statement!!!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah stop using the word Nazi because it waters it down, it should only be used in instances like if white supremacists with nazi memorabilia were committing mass shootings spurred on by the white nationalist President of the United States of America multiple times a week or something.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm literally saying the same thing as you there but also I'm saying don't call people who aren't fascists fascists!!!! Optics matter my dude and heavily using the word is a bad idea

Again, in Nazi Germany id be sterilized for my disability or forced to wear the black triangle, just to emphasize that I'm not a fash, they did and do want me dead

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

No one is saying Nazis aren't bad. We are saying that there are bad people who aren't Nazis.

E: Words are hard. :smith:

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 16, 2019

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Okay so if somebody is declaring Nazi and fascist viewpoints but they're not technically a member of a fascist party can we at least call them authoritarians

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

InediblePenguin posted:

Okay so if somebody is declaring Nazi and fascist viewpoints but they're not technically a member of a fascist party can we at least call them authoritarians

Those you can even call a Nazi, that's fine, in my opinion. All genocide apologists are Nazi's.

I just need evidence. I've seen Rebecca Sugar and Contrapoints and a bunch of others get called cryptofash for dumb reasons. Reddit's own breadtube subreddit had a bunch of people getting mad at Lindsay Ellis for criticizing GOT season loving 8 because only alt-righters are apparently allowed to get mad at popular media.
And on the other side of the spectrum, someone who's claim to fame among leftists is outing and shaming Nazi's, Destiny, recently told a Vietnamese woman to her face that her country being bombed by the USA shows that captialism is superior to communism. So not everyone who even can get out and say Nazi's bad can be my friend.

I do not just trust every internet rando's opinion. Life on the net requires boundaries. Life in real life requires confidence or you will be taken up by bad faith actors. Just asking, specifically, for what someone said or did to get on the poo poo list does not make someone a Nazi apologist.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Those you can even call a Nazi, that's fine, in my opinion. All genocide apologists are Nazi's.

I just need evidence. I've seen Rebecca Sugar and Contrapoints and a bunch of others get called cryptofash for dumb reasons. Reddit's own breadtube subreddit had a bunch of people getting mad at Lindsay Ellis for criticizing GOT season loving 8 because only alt-righters are apparently allowed to get mad at popular media.
And on the other side of the spectrum, someone who's claim to fame among leftists is outing and shaming Nazi's, Destiny, recently told a Vietnamese woman to her face that her country being bombed by the USA shows that captialism is superior to communism. So not everyone who even can get out and say Nazi's bad can be my friend.

I do not just trust every internet rando's opinion. Life on the net requires boundaries. Life in real life requires confidence or you will be taken up by bad faith actors. Just asking, specifically, for what someone said or did to get on the poo poo list does not make someone a Nazi apologist.

i literally have no idea who any of these people are or what you’re talking about in this post

am i not Extremely Online enough??? am i losing touch??????

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Yeah I'm too line to trust anyone from the net and too pedantic to stay out of poo poo I shouldn't, ignore me.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Could we get back to posting stupid poo poo from Reddit instead of this boring debate we’ve had like six times already

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Just load up r/unpopularopinion and post the top one here

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Just load up r/unpopularopinion and post the top one here

quote:

People are getting too weak-minded and passive. Confrontation is useful in some situations and we should really stop treating it like the worst thing in the world.

lol they're psyching themselves up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brother Entropy posted:

SA never should've gotten rid of the skeletons word filter

What active word filters does SA even have these days?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

What active word filters does SA even have these days?

None that I know of, I think they all went away

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Gently caress this fact if true

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I just wanna thank the r/baseball mods for clearing up the confusion

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Zipperelli. posted:

The Nazi mods take away all our fun.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

you broke my grill posted:

I just wanna thank the r/baseball mods for clearing up the confusion

I love the editorializing mods do with the flairs. It’s so petty.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

You'll NEVER get all six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Danaru posted:

You'll NEVER get all six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denial
anger
bargaining
depression
depression
depression

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
Every single comic with the low effort outline blob making wacky faces is complete garbage. There's like 700 of them

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

End boss Of SGaG* posted:

Every single comic with the low effort outline blob making wacky faces is complete garbage. There's like 700 of them

Every single one of his comics is just pandering to Reddit man children, often without anything resembling a punchline, and of course they eat that poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

oh word?