Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Inzombiac posted:

An ancient guardian.
A silent protector.

Sorry to be the nag but maybe spoiler that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Re: ocell chat, I always get at least 2 from Helene defense.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ritznit posted:

Sorry to be the nag but maybe spoiler that picture.

Holy poo poo, of course. Sorry!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Broose posted:

Didn't they change Cetus to match Fortuna so that now you can only purchase bait and dyes and that useless pheromone thing with standing?
I could see the sentinel being useful then if you had to expend standing for everything you throw into the water.

They did, although at least if you had the old blueprints you get grandfathered in, thank god.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
They took out a fish part you need to actually make the parts though, if you have it you're good, but if you don't you might as well sell the BPs.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Which part?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think Fish Meat

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Anora posted:

They took out a fish part you need to actually make the parts though, if you have it you're good, but if you don't you might as well sell the BPs.

Wait really? lol that sucks. Taking the BPs away instead of making Fortuna work better is weirdly lovely, I don’t understand that.

Fishing in general is sort of a frustrating system tho with the way the economy works and I’ve only been able to build a lot of stuff due to Thumpers/Exploiter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just checked a couple fish, still got meat oil and scales from cutting them up

i didnt realize they took away the dye bp with the bait ones though. so yeah if you have to actually buy your dye i can see oxylus being more valuable.

Lightning Knight posted:

Taking the BPs away instead of making Fortuna work better is weirdly lovely
making cetus fishing like fortuna was their idea of improving things. i actually liked the interconnected cetus bullshit but i am weird.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 15, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I liked it once I learned it but it took a LONG time to pierce that shell.

Now that I have Cetus and Orb figured out, I'm pretty confident about the next zone.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I'm MR20 but only coming back after a long hiatus. I did the intro quests to both Cetus and Fortuna and have gotten two amps past the Mote amp. When's an appropriate time to try killing one of the big boss enemies?

I know one of the :orb: mothers is locked behind Vox Solaris or something, but can you get a "taxi" to it if you haven't unlocked it yourself?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you cant be taxi'd to profit taker.

if you have an amp you can try eidolons. if you are trying to get a public group be prepared for some elitist crap. if you are with a goon group you can probably get carried while doing nothing.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I haven't been able to get gale kick to drop and I think I'm doing it wrong. I've been cracking my way in to secret labs and slaying the contents. What mission do I need to be running? Who do I need to murder?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just keep doing the vaults, I usually get it from the actual sentient. I have 4, If you're on PS4 I'll give you one.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Looks like we'll have a grendel preview tomorrow on the dev stream. Spoilers from rebb kinda hint that the frame will roll around and projectile vomit as some of the abilities

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nerdz posted:

Spoilers from rebb kinda hint that the frame will roll around and projectile vomit as some of the abilities
perfect

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

We need a wrasslin' frame. Haggar Prime when?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I've earned 40 orokin cells in a 30 minute ceres survival with the combo of nekros, resource booster, drop chance booster and smeeta kavat. Twice in a row.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

nerdz posted:

Looks like we'll have a grendel preview tomorrow on the dev stream. Spoilers from rebb kinda hint that the frame will roll around and projectile vomit as some of the abilities

finally, a frame that I can look up to

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No spoiler version:

Please donate your statues to me so I can make another on the other side.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

make an ayatan lion

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Woot got all the parts for Wu Prime.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the Rubico Prime came out of the oven and.... like... sure? Okay? Just give a gun ALL THE NUMBERS. Okay. Fine. Whatever. This thing is so stupid I love it.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
ok, gimme your best WUKONG builds

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Got to use Ember for the first time yesterday, and boy can she throw a lot of fire around. I think I like it. :unsmigghh:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

prefect posted:

Got to use Ember for the first time yesterday, and boy can she throw a lot of fire around. I think I like it. :unsmigghh:

Ember Prime is one of my favorite and most used frames. Build her for Max range and efficiency World on Fire and run through while everything melts around you. Damage is doubled but range and energy efficiency is halved at 100% so I recast it when it gets to 50-75. I wish there was a mod that slowed that.

Streamline and a rank 3 Fleeting Expertise is what you need to get nearly max efficiency for WoF. My WoF has a range of 43m and drain of .86 energy/second at 0% and half that at 100 of course. I think the absolute max efficiency is .72/sec but it is probably it worth it.

This build isn't great once you get to level 50+ enemies, though.

Her 3 knocks everything on their asses and leaves behind a pretty ring of fire that I like to try to vertically stack above a defense objective so everyone gets to see a tornado made of magenta and cyan flames.

Edit: I was wrong. Streamline and max Fleeting Expertise gets you .75/s drain. No idea why I had it in my head that you get no benefit past rank 3 and I never leveled that mod up.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 16, 2019

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, Ember is fun but suffers some pretty bad drop-off against tougher content, sadly.

The Firequake augment for World on Fire is fun though if you like watching things fall on their arse while being immolated.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Unperson_47 posted:

Ember Prime is one of my favorite and most used frames. Build her for Max range and efficiency World on Fire and run through while everything melts around you.
You should take a look at her 4 augment https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Firequake that has 100% knockdown chance.

Embers relaxing enough for low to medium level stuff even after she got nerfed of her tileset nuker throne thanks to afk strats. And whats not to like about constant explosions?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I've tried firequake but do not like it. Ember can sort of be annoying for a few reasons:

1. Enemies hit by WoF have a chance to stop in place due to the burning status effect. This can slow down defense missions if it can't outright kill the enemies. Firequake makes this infinitely worse.
2. You can kill everything around you so fast that, when doing Void Relic runs, you end up blazing through to the end of the map before you get reactant because it's all dropped outside your path of travel

These two problems are fixed if you don't try to use max range ALL the time even though I still do it.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 16, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unperson_47 posted:

Ember Prime is one of my favorite and most used frames. Build her for Max range and efficiency World on Fire...

I'm not saying they did it intentionally, but whenever I see the name of the ability my brain starts running with "my world's on fire; how about yours". Every time.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

NoMas posted:

ok, gimme your best WUKONG builds

If you don't equip a melee weapon, your clone will always use his gun unless you pull out your exalted staff. Wuclone and Helios will both kill poo poo while you are invincible in Cloud Walker, so abuse the hell out of that.

Cloud Walker is the best movement ability in the game, and it makes you invincible, dispels status effects, and heals you and your clone. Practice steering it indoors and chain cast it to zoom through missions in record time.

The second best movement ability is his exalted staff's slide attack, holy poo poo does that thing go fast.

My standard build is just efficiency and duration, with a bit of power strength. I don't even bother using defy most of the time as Adaptation and Cloud Walker will easily keep me alive in most missions. Enveloping Cloud is a wildcard slot, use it for Rage or another augment or whatever. I like Enveloping Cloud because I'm spamming Cloud Walker constantly and being able to turn allied NPCs invisible can be useful. The Primal Rage augment just seems like overkill.

My "Solo Sortie Spy in Under 4 Minutes" build. Just zoom to the objective with Cloud Walker and hack in spoiler mode.

Index cheese build (RIP Duality Equinox). Equip a Rattleguts kitgun with Pax Charge and gas damage and no other weapons. Let your clone murder everyone while you use Cloud Walker to become invincible and carry points.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 16, 2019

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Urk, I really need to start paying attention to Arcanes, I haven't been using them at all and should probably do some proper Dolon runs to that end.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm bitter and determined to make Ember viable in endgame content. I remember when she was good! She was my first prime, back when tower keys were a thing! I spent so long trying to get her and I was so happy and excited and agh drat it.

My latest strat has been abusing the Fireball and Accelerant augments. So far it's been going, alright, I suppose?

(Cheating a bit as I got frame corruption in that fissure, but still.)

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Avulsion posted:

My "Solo Sortie Spy in Under 4 Minutes" build. Just zoom to the objective with Cloud Walker and hack in spoiler mode.

What benefits does spoiler mode give you for hacking? I haven't done much with it yet and I haven't done many spy missions so I might just be missing something obvious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr Newsman posted:

What benefits does spoiler mode give you for hacking? I haven't done much with it yet and I haven't done many spy missions so I might just be missing something obvious.

It's a good way to level amps, since you get that hack XP.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mr Newsman posted:

hold crouch before you start the hack and you'll be invisible the whole time

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wukong is one of the most fun frames for me. He is rather versatile and can lay out some pain with his helicopter. Also, that trick with the gladiator mod on my Droid synergies with the iron pole so I get a baby blood lust.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Good tips, thanks!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Speaking of builds, I've been leaning super hard on Rhino and I'm currently leveling Rhino Prime. But that seems super easy to build so this isn't about that.

I've also got Saryn Prime because a Nurgle devotee seems cool. I can't quite get the rhythm down with the spores and poo poo. Clan chat said to build an Ignis, hit stuff with 1, hit 3 and just go ham with the Ignis to spread spores.

Other than that, how should I build her? Like I said, I've been relying on Rhino to keep me safe despite my poo poo gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Target Practice posted:

Speaking of builds, I've been leaning super hard on Rhino and I'm currently leveling Rhino Prime. But that seems super easy to build so this isn't about that.

I've also got Saryn Prime because a Nurgle devotee seems cool. I can't quite get the rhythm down with the spores and poo poo. Clan chat said to build an Ignis, hit stuff with 1, hit 3 and just go ham with the Ignis to spread spores.

Other than that, how should I build her? Like I said, I've been relying on Rhino to keep me safe despite my poo poo gameplay.

As much range as you can shove in. Not too much str (since poo poo will die before building good stacks). Regenerative molt for survival since she dies fast. Some duration to make it cheaper to keep your 3 up to spread spores more easily. You can tank eff, but I don't recommend too much.

Saryn is god-queen of eos since all her murder relies on 1/3 rather than the timer based 4. Low level content sucks since you can't spread spores effectively.

Also remember that her 4 staggers enemies since they're being melted, so it's a soft cc tool as well. And her molt draws a LOT of aggro from enemies.