Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Minus Green posted:

It's within Faerghus, in a peninsula to the north.

Where? It doesn't seem to be marked on the left Peninsula and the right one is Sreng or whatever it's called.

RBA Starblade posted:

Do I actually still need the minimums for people to randomly ask to join at B support or is it just whatever? I'm reading different things; I know that they will not join if I don't have the minimum if I ask, but now how people pop up to beg to join.

No, you just need B. It's random.

Harrow posted:

I had plenty of Umbral Steel towards the end of my Deer run so repairing relics wasn't an issue. I still didn't use them as a unit's primary weapon but they're helpful to just nuke a threatening target.

Man I dunno what I'm doing wrong then, I do fight a lot of monsters and do my best to break the armour (although it's not always possible). I find if I equip my relics I end up forgetting and using it more than I'd want, or counter attacking with it a bunch. So like I say - they just become a "kill the final enemy" weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Taear posted:

Do people regularly use their relic weapons? Because they require stuff that's hard to get hold of to repair them I find myself just never doing it, unless I've got a boss to kill.
It's a shame because they're cool but they just get benched for me.

Same goes for the fancy stuff you can make from Rusty Weapons because they need 10 mithril to fix let alone forge.

I save them for important bosses usually but sometimes ill use them on beasts.

I had an incredible moment at the end of my first run where my Byleth, in his Enlightened One class, dealt the killing blow to the final boss with the relic, which happened to crit. The animation was so goddamn dramatic and badass it was the perfect end to the battle.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Taear posted:

Do people regularly use their relic weapons? Because they require stuff that's hard to get hold of to repair them I find myself just never doing it, unless I've got a boss to kill.

Same goes for the fancy stuff you can make from Rusty Weapons because they need 10 mithril to fix let alone forge.

I realised at the end of my BE run (or rather, a couple maps before the end) that there really isn't enough maps for you to care about the endurance of the relic weapons barring Amyr Spam. Just don't use them in random battles maps, only plot ones.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I had an incredible moment at the end of my first run where my Byleth, in his Enlightened One class, dealt the killing blow to the final boss with the relic, which happened to crit. The animation was so goddamn dramatic and badass it was the perfect end to the battle.

I did that on my Golden Deer run. Even got a really appropriate crit quote.

Nemesis talks to Byleth and remarks with surprise that Byleth also has the Crest of Flames. Cue the fight, Byleth gets a crit Sublime Heaven and the crest procs, while Byleth says, "Allow me to demonstrate!" It felt really great. Like, "Yeah motherfucker I do have the Crest of Flames. Let me show you what it can do!"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Arkeus posted:

I realised at the end of my BE run (or rather, a couple maps before the end) that there really isn't enough maps for you to care about the endurance of the relic weapons barring Amyr Spam. Just don't use them in random battles maps, only plot ones.

Depends how you play there. In my BE run I wasted Edelgard's axe because I had it equipped and she countered about 8 people with two hits, so that's 16 points down already, for example.
Probably not an issue on hard though.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Taear posted:

Where? It doesn't seem to be marked on the left Peninsula and the right one is Sreng or whatever it's called.

It's the peninsula west of Sreng. It's named Kleiman on the map because there's nothing in Duscur and it was absorbed into Kleiman after the genocide.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arkeus posted:

To be fair Amyr spam is a good and extremely powerful strategy. I cut off 3/4s of the final bosses health in a single round with it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
who from GD can I pair with Lysithia that will keep her alive

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

indigi posted:

Byleth, Claude kinda

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

indigi posted:

i can attest that byleth more than keeps her alive (c.f. their S support and paired ending) but i believe claude also finds a cure for her, and hannemann and a poached linhardt can develop one

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

Hanneman is a non-romantic ending but keeps her alive and is a really touching dynamic

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

She can do it with anyone as long as you write fanfiction about it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

She can do it with anyone as long as you write fanfiction about it

I'm glad that Master Chief was able to save her

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm glad that Master Chief was able to save her

Their B-support was great

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i can attest that byleth more than keeps her alive (c.f. their S support and paired ending) but i believe claude also finds a cure for her, and hannemann and a poached linhardt can develop one

She explicitly has her life extended by getting her crests removed in Hannemann, Linhardt, and Byleth's paired endings. Claude's is more ambiguous: he fucks off to find a cure once he realizes what's going on, shows up years later to tell her he's found one across the sea, and takes her with him never to return.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/calamitas4/status/1160928046259548160?s=21

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Sydin posted:

Byleth, Claude kinda

Oh that's real scarce!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Andrast posted:

Their B-support was great

"Master Chief? What the hell are you doing with Lysithia?"
"Sir. Finishing this cake."

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Harrow posted:

I'm having a weird issue on my Blue Lions run where I feel like making any of my units my Dancer would be a waste. I recruited Dorothea but her spell list is so good she's gotta be a Gremory. I could use Flayn but she was my Dancer last run and I want to do something different. Most of my physical characters are turning out good enough that I want them to spend their turns hitting things instead of dancing.

Maybe Sylvain? He's my only cavalry dude but he's also turning out the least excellent of my physical characters and he's kind of being carried by his relic lance. Tough choice.

Characters with riding proficiency are fine dancers because dancers always appreciate the Movement +1 skill from A+ riding.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sydin posted:

"Master Chief? What the hell are you doing with Lysithia?"
"Sir. Finishing this cake."

*33% hit chance*

"But what if you miss?" "I won't"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i'm making dimitri a mercenary just hoping that the bump to his speed growth will help salvage him being a slow motherfucker for me

9 speed at level 9 :shepicide:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i'm making dimitri a mercenary just hoping that the bump to his speed growth will help salvage him being a slow motherfucker for me

Embrace the slowness

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
There should be an armor skill that's something to the effect of if you can't double you do extra damage.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Andrast posted:

Embrace the slowness

it is not right for dimitri to be exactly as speedy as dedue imo

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I'm honestly surprised that poaching students is very easy to do. I've managed to get all but five (Ferdinand, Lindhardt, Dorothea, Sylvain and Annette since I picked Golden Deers) students around Chapter 8 and I'm certain that I can recruit Dorothea soon considering Byleth's Authority stat and by spending some time doing Tea Parties since I have like eight Exploration Points to spend on other than increasing Skill Levels and students' Motivation.

Also, I have a Dark Seal and I've been wondering who to use it on. Any ideas?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

it is not right for dimitri to be exactly as speedy as dedue imo

It's not right for Byleth to be under 20 speed when I finished my BE playthrough either but it still happened

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wary Fighter should have stayed in imo, would have made sense to keep in helping manage those doubling bastards

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pyro Jack posted:

I'm honestly surprised that poaching students is very easy to do. I've managed to get all but five (Ferdinand, Lindhardt, Dorothea, Sylvain and Annette since I picked Golden Deers) students around Chapter 8 and I'm certain that I can recruit Dorothea soon considering Byleth's Authority stat and by spending some time doing Tea Parties since I have like eight Exploration Points to spend on other than increasing Skill Levels and students' Motivation.

this entire post is making me jealous af

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Andrast posted:

It's not right for Byleth to be under 20 speed when I finished my BE playthrough either but it still happened

bro my byleth had like low 20s speed to kick off the timeskip and got doubled by half the map, claude had to do pretty much all the heavy lifting until lysithea and marianne and raphael arrived on like turn 7

i can't have both byleth and dimitri being slow as cold molasses and only middlingly durable to kick off this timeskip for BL

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

this entire post is making me jealous af

Poaching too many students just makes post time skip worse since there's less weight to everything imo

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Pyro Jack posted:

For the Dark Seal, I guess anyone who doesn't have garbage magic and usually fights up close? I suppose the skill they learn from mastering it is sort of nice for someone getting in close range since it drops enemy avoid. Besides that, whoever you think would look cool as a dark wizard. Dark Mage isn't that different from Mage statwise.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Dimitri doesn't need speed because his str growth is off the goddamn chart and he can oneshot half the enemies on the map up through endgame.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Taear posted:

I go ham with the Lance of Ruin and the Creator Sword

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Andrast posted:

Poaching too many students just makes post time skip worse since there's less weight to everything imo

good. I'm poaching all the Bleagles

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

indigi posted:

good. I'm poaching all the Bleagles

Murder them instead

or recruit some and make their friends do it

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I like poaching all the students to minimize deaths and play all the paralogues

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Sydin posted:

Dimitri doesn't need speed because his str growth is off the goddamn chart and he can oneshot half the enemies on the map up through endgame.

oh ok that's a relief, but still having slow lords not named hector (or edelgard once i get around to her route) makes me uneasy

anyway

https://twitter.com/tsunderica/status/1162351979923935232

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Killing the students for a single moment isn't worth all the unique dialogue post time skip, as I compare my first run (big poach) to 2nd run (1 poach, period).

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also as a reminder because I don't know if the game ever explicitly spells it out for you: you get a small quantity of umbral steel or mythril when you shatter all four of any monster's shields. Never kill a monster before you've destroyed all the shields unless you can't help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sydin posted:

Also as a reminder because I don't know if the game ever explicitly spells it out for you: you get a small quantity of umbral steel or mythril when you shatter all four of any monster's shields. Never kill a monster before you've destroyed all the shields unless you can't help it.

Thats literally the tutorial that pops up the first time you run into one.