Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

haley claimed the cops are luring out the crew with promises to team up against the antifa which is pretty loltastic if true

I mean it's effective because they've literally done that in the past lmao

guess they're learning why all the old chud militias also hate cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

haley claimed the cops are luring out the crew with promises to team up against the antifa which is pretty loltastic if true

meanwhile she's in her dim apartment with her bff sipping on rock star while trying to dodge calls from law enforcement agents

It seems like they're used to reaching out and finding friends and maybe that's not happening anymore. Like complaining about not hearing about the warrants until they're being served, do people without police connections get notified when they have a warrant? (Would the sealed docs they're complaining about keep a friend on the force from being able to leak it to them?)

Repeatedly telling your friends to stop talking to cops seems a lot like talking to cops is the status quo, not like they're being tricked out of hiding.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I mean it's effective because they've literally done that in the past lmao

guess they're learning why all the old chud militias also hate cops

This is 100% a repeat of the 90s, just switch out the okc bombings with Gilroy, el paso, and dayton

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agean90 posted:

This is 100% a repeat of the 90s, just switch out the okc bombings with Gilroy, el paso, and dayton

Why was this point, after decades, where the police state started to pretend to care, anyway?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

Why was this point, after decades, where the police state started to pretend to care, anyway?

Increase in intensity and frequency, more clear ideological motives, and that one loser attempting to shoot up a federal building in Texas if I had to guess.

That said who really knows. Could be anything from the FBI getting screamed at by the public enough to finally make them move, could be the GOP deciding their 5th column was more trouble than it's worth and giving them the nod.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ChristsDickWorship posted:

It seems like they're used to reaching out and finding friends and maybe that's not happening anymore. Like complaining about not hearing about the warrants until they're being served, do people without police connections get notified when they have a warrant? (Would the sealed docs they're complaining about keep a friend on the force from being able to leak it to them?)

Repeatedly telling your friends to stop talking to cops seems a lot like talking to cops is the status quo, not like they're being tricked out of hiding.
that's a really good set of questions / whole line of reasoning thingy. typically you'd just expect the cops to send them the notification of the warrant in the mail or post it on the door telling them to turn themselves in. but others here probably know more about that than innocent ol' me

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I think a lot of people are underestimating how blatant El paso was to people outside of cspam. Like we all knew the majority of mass shooters were nazis, but you average guy still thought this poo poo was random. El paso got 8chan shut down and turned into a cp sting operation for incompetent boomers inside of 48 hours, it's a big deal.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's like the crackdown on militias after Oklahoma. whoops, dead baby on the front of the newspaper. cops are ok with a certain level of violent churn but eventually some psycho takes it a liiiiiiiittle too far and enough poo poo rolls downhill that they feel like they have to act.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yeah and in both cases "citizens" got caught up in it. ok city had the additional facet of being a massive truck bomb that vaporized a federal building but the kids on the ground floor was a bit much. a gang shooting isn't going to get much attention likewise until a stray bullet domes a nine-year-old girl

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

that's a really good set of questions / whole line of reasoning thingy. typically you'd just expect the cops to send them the notification of the warrant in the mail or post it on the door telling them to turn themselves in. but others here probably know more about that than innocent ol' me

Yea I don't really know either. I once got a letter that was written as though there was a warrant, but it was for failure to pay a parking ticket so I'm not convinced I was (am) in danger. I also once had my door pounded on, flashlights in all the windows, and a bunch of cops at 4am who claimed to have a warrant for someone else that listed my address, they definitely didn't notify me before that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thank god for hayley adams

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ChristsDickWorship posted:

Yea I don't really know either. I once got a letter that was written as though there was a warrant, but it was for failure to pay a parking ticket so I'm not convinced I was (am) in danger. I also once had my door pounded on, flashlights in all the windows, and a bunch of cops at 4am who claimed to have a warrant for someone else that listed my address, they definitely didn't notify me before that.

in this case it's because the PPD had a years long history of literally coordinating with them via text to drive them around to assault people, and letting them known known violent members have warrants out and where they shouldn't be

after years of that, yeah I can imagine some would be tricked by getting a call saying "hey come in I've got some gear for ya for the 17th" because if the last 10 times weren't a fakeout, of course

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The long game...of doing the bare minimum to stop yourself from getting fired.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“I’m sorry, Tiny. There have just been a few too many of your friends getting double-digit kills at the mall. We have to stop giving you rides and bullets for a while, and actually enforce this pile of warrants.”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the ppd was so bad about shooting unarmed minorities theyre literally under federal injunction since the 90s, so im sure this breaks their hearts

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
while eyes are on portland the straight-up nazi stuff is going to be happening in dallas as the "american identity movement" is gathering there which puts them in the same town as patriot front's leadership, so the two nazi groups are in the same place at the same time, and there's currently a confederate statue sitting in downtown covered up in a tarp which the city wants to remove but is currently delayed because of a lawsuit

so what do you think the odds are the state area fusion center databases are lighting up like christmas trees right now and these groups are gonna get together for a tiki torch march at the statue this weekend?

i'd say it's pretty good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
when you're a JTTF agent working out of an area fusion center so soon after el paso and nazi groups all get together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXaw70X7wb4&t=10s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Odin here our crys. Fill us with Courage and fury. Makes us fit for Valhalla.. see u soon antifa. The day is set in stone already..

MEDIOCRE

:mediocre:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Odin would thrust his spear though that kid and everyone like him lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1162094484563382272?s=19

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Baby Finland saw all this

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that article is poo poo from a nazi website. into the garbage bin it goes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agean90 posted:

I think a lot of people are underestimating how blatant El paso was to people outside of cspam. Like we all knew the majority of mass shooters were nazis, but you average guy still thought this poo poo was random. El paso got 8chan shut down and turned into a cp sting operation for incompetent boomers inside of 48 hours, it's a big deal.

Wal Mart is more sacred to the average American than any other institution. I'm not being classist or anything here, it's the one thing the vast majority of Americans have most in common as a shared experience.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

They’re not, it’s just that 3% types and the closer association to sovcits (who are like the #1 cop killers) means that cops and feds aren’t as chummy with them, so they have to be more careful since every once in a while the feds actually arrest a few of them.

i think it's a generational thing too. Boomer vs. Millennial/Zoomer. also Tea Party vs. Trumpist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/kmwdotcom/status/1161883436061057024?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Vegastenold/status/1162083409776324608
https://twitter.com/cpicciolini/status/1162369184401100801

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i thought NSM was widely reputed to be a honeypot/laughing stock/staybehind operation

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
chud CEO of overstock.com goes full brainworms

They met at a libertarian conference in Las Vegas in July 2015, where they discussed Milton Friedman, Anton Chekhov and John Locke.

He was the philosophizing founder and chief executive of Overstock.com, a publicly traded e-commerce retailer that sells discount furniture and bedding. She was an ambitious graduate student from Russia.

It was the start of a three-year relationship between the e-commerce executive, Patrick Byrne, and the young woman, Maria Butina, that became romantic at times.
In an interview late Wednesday, Mr. Byrne said he wanted to shed light on what he saw as problems in the way top law enforcement officials had handled the government’s case against Ms. Butina.

The release, titled “Overstock.com CEO Comments on Deep State,” sent the company’s shares plummeting more than 30 percent over the next two days
In the interview, Mr. Byrne said he was still “quite fond” of Ms. Butina. “Maria should go home and be president of Russia one day,’’ he said. “That is the best thing that could happen to Russia and the U.S.”

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

They met at a libertarian conference in Las Vegas in July 2015, where they discussed Milton Friedman, Anton Chekhov and John Locke.

He was the philosophizing founder and chief executive of Overstock.com, a publicly traded e-commerce retailer that sells discount furniture and bedding. She was an ambitious graduate student from Russia.

It was the start of a three-year relationship between the e-commerce executive, Patrick Byrne, and the young woman, Maria Butina, that became romantic at times.
In an interview late Wednesday, Mr. Byrne said he wanted to shed light on what he saw as problems in the way top law enforcement officials had handled the government’s case against Ms. Butina.

The release, titled “Overstock.com CEO Comments on Deep State,” sent the company’s shares plummeting more than 30 percent over the next two days
In the interview, Mr. Byrne said he was still “quite fond” of Ms. Butina. “Maria should go home and be president of Russia one day,’’ he said. “That is the best thing that could happen to Russia and the U.S.”

this is less of a brain worm move and more of a dick braine move

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Herion? But what about hision? #misandry.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Siljmonster posted:

Odin would thrust his spear though that kid and everyone like him lol

hahahaha "kid"

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

he's also 200% into bitcoin and is doing tZero, a securities exchange whose backend system will be bLoCkChAiN

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

the overstock CEO has been full brainworms for quite a while. he though wall street was gangstalking him and loving with the overstock share price and also at some point he had a plan of making some crazy super building where all overstock employees would work that was like a combination of a simcity arcology, the scientology super power center, and a peace energy vibrating geometric shape

or something like that, not too clear on the latter since it has been a while

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

cumshitter posted:

the overstock CEO has been full brainworms for quite a while. he though wall street was gangstalking him and loving with the overstock share price and also at some point he had a plan of making some crazy super building where all overstock employees would work that was like a combination of a simcity arcology, the scientology super power center, and a peace energy vibrating geometric shape

sounds sick

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tying yourself and your company to Butina, at this point, is kind of an Elon Musk tier power move.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

This is just baseless speculation but I wonder if the Gilroy shooter was more connected to PP than previously stated

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

cumshitter posted:

There probably were people doing naked short selling of his company. That is when malicious actors use the delivery system to fraudulently create more shares of a company than should exist and then using the artificial supply to drive prices down at which point they buy the shares at a discount. It was regulated away in 2008.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmfao he's literally that cliché movie character who gets honeypotted and even after the spy is revealed he's like "Call me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I don’t understand the ping meme. Someone please explain it for my tiny brain.