Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

maybe one of the next pinnacle weapons will be a sword that takes special ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It'll be a shotgun or fusion first I'd think. Unless they buff autos and or scouts then maybe one of those.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

You all disgust me.

give in to the dark side

https://i.imgur.com/9gt6Ryw.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I may or may not have been trying for an erentil the last few days in meage but I've never been a big slut for special weapons. I like sniping but I'm all primary all the way.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Those are the same two guys lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I may or may not have been trying for an erentil the last few days in meage but I've never been a big slut for special weapons. I like sniping but I'm all primary all the way.

you didn't farm it during the chest glitch?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BlindSite posted:

It'll be a shotgun or fusion first I'd think. Unless they buff autos and or scouts then maybe one of those.

I think, if you include all gambit/strike/pvp pinnacles, even redrix, we're missing:

sidearm, shotgun (pellet or slug), linear fusion, sword, rocket launcher

and of course they could change things around, like a strike hand cannon or gambit sniper or whatever

oh, that hunter-exclusive sniper from D1 could be a cool gambit pinnacle. Stillpiercer? It was like a mini-whisper, if all shots were precision kills it refunded the mag. Also had built in radar enhancer. Nice for invasions/counter-invasions.

e; crucible sword called "Redrix's heartbeat". Get it, cuz a heartbeat is a pulse... like a pulse rifle... and Redrix's Broadsword/claymore were pulse rifles not swords.................................... yeah you get it

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 16, 2019

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol I remember tlaloc that was broken as gently caress

on the other hand titans got a completely AIDS auto rifle

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Monday_ posted:

Those are the same two guys lol

That's why I saved it, they had to be furious.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BlindSite posted:

They'll also cut down super duration for roaming supers or decrease their damage resistance because right now supers are far and away better than they were in d1.

the more things change the more things stay the same fire rate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PClZP2zRTxc

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
we're on fire boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0PEo80s3w

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

you didn't farm it during the chest glitch?

Blew my load chasing austringers and snipers.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

You all disgust me.

now to be fair if you look at the top 5 in both my top and middle slot it's by far primaries

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48072

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We hear you. The pvp fans want More Playlists

SBMM control Playlist lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So it sounds like some of seasonal content will be truly seasonal, i.e. part of the activities will go away at the end of a season and be replaced by the next season’s

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They’re bringing back widows court and twilight gap but it’s unclear if that’s for all the modes or just the new 3v3 thing they’re working on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
-Minimum power to do damage will change to 100 below target, up from 50

-Damage numbers popping out of enemies is getting overhauled to eliminate 999999 hits and make sure that power growth doesn't make them start happening again. This will not change gameplay but will make numbers smaller :qq:

-Damage buff stacking is effectively going away. You will only get a bonus from the most powerful damage buff currently affecting your character. This will not affect non-damage buffs (the example being that if you're standing in a well and its damage buff gets bypassed by something else you will not lose the healing buff). There is a ranking of buffs which governs what overrides what, presumably reddit will have this figured out in a few hours.

-Same goes for debuffs applied to enemies- only the strongest currently applied will have an effect

-Perks on individual weapons will continue to stack by the old rules. Intrinsic buffs from exotics will still apply by the old rules.

-Supers are getting nerfed. Damage resistance for roamers is going down. Energy gain slowed.

-Heavy ammo changes: Less ammo per crate but more than one player can take it now.

-Crucible playlist changes: Quickplay is getting split into Control and Classic (everything else, CBMM). Comp is getting split into separate 3v3 Survival and Solo Survival. Weekly 6v6 and 4v4 playlists with rotating gametypes.

-There will be tests of 3v3 Elimination variants through Crucible Labs.

-Widow's Court and Twilight Gap are coming back

-SBMM in all the other playlists. Skill now contributes to Glory award values. Unspecific tweaks to streaks.

-Some activities will be season-specific and after that season they will go away. Associated rewards will remain available.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 16, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 16, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie: it's 3 and 6 man activities from now on

Gambit: uh what

Bungie: 4 man was a mistake and it's dead, gone

Reckoning: am I a joke to you

Bungie: sometimes I can still hear their voices

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This is just clearing the way for six man Gambit Supreme.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

quote:

Trials of the Nine didn’t work the way we’d hoped, and Trials of the Nine is on hiatus indefinitely.
italics his

quote:

Between the missing polish and the four variants we’d like your feedback on, Elimination—for the time being—is a great fit for Crucible Labs. We fully expect it to graduate out of Labs and find a warmer home.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Overall good. Not sure why they are keeping one 4v4 Playlist.

I like the heavy changes but I wonder if the time intervals between heavy will be much longer. Hopefully

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Emron posted:

This is just clearing the way for six man Gambit Supreme.

Good, double invader plz

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Good, double invader plz

how about three dudes stay in their pve arena to get motes, and three dudes to go a pvp arena and just play crucible. each kill drops three motes that they can drop in one of those home depot style vacuum tubes to their pve bros.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How about there's only one arena and all 12 players and a bunch of enemies are in it together and it's complete chaos until the drifter declares someone wins

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

haveblue posted:

How about there's only one arena and all 12 players and a bunch of enemies are in it together and it's complete chaos until the drifter declares someone wins

Gambit Royale.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
3 man gambit could be cool

Literally no one cares about reckoning lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

This is a good idea too

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mean CBMM should completely prevent you from playing those kids.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Judge Tesla posted:

Gambit Royale.

I hate that this idea now exists

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Smith said he would have liked to have Gambit Prime armor drop from Prime matches and do something like Black Armory for getting guns in Reckoning. I agree with all that except without Reckoning because no one likes it and even if it was made easier it would just be boring

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

3 man gambit could be cool
also that

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

In pvp teams will try to super the other teams heavy again which owns

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

how about three dudes stay in their pve arena to get motes, and three dudes to go a pvp arena and just play crucible. each kill drops three motes that they can drop in one of those home depot style vacuum tubes to their pve bros.

I can play supremacy in the pvp playlist already

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I just picked this back up and am looking at the Xur items. Seems like I should get the fusion rifle. What about the Isochronal Engram and the invitation? Are year 1 exotics still worth it?

The clan in the OP seems really outdated. Is there a current clan for PS4 players?

PSN: Draken_SA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The fusion rifle is extremely good, get it.

The Isochronal Engram will turn into an exotic you don't already have, get it if you care about completing the collection page or if you haven't settled on a single favorite to use forever.

The Invitation is part of a multi-week progression that drops lore about the Nine and the Drifter if you care about that sort of thing (and powerful gear if you don't).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 16, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I can play supremacy in the pvp playlist already

But it's supremacy with pve!! Totally different!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Give me a gambit/rift combo :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

Give me a gambit/rift combo :getin:

Kill enemies to earn an orb, invade to take it to the other side, and dunk it in the bank to earn a point? Sure why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene