Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

One of my friends had an 05 black turbo 5 speed one. We still talk about how sad it is he had to sell it. I think it had leather too but it was like 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/norwich-volvo-245-station-wagon-pick-up/6956097673.html

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

As someone who has a thing for Volvos of that era, I kinda want it, especially since it's a manual.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
El Caminvo?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Being parked in a barn for some years doesn't necessarily make it a BARN FIND (missing title, hacked car with high miles?). :wtc:

Neat cartruck though if it was done well.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Volvha

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

Being parked in a barn for some years doesn't necessarily make it a BARN FIND (missing title, hacked car with high miles?). :wtc:

"Barn Find" on craigslist means "this thing is a huge piece of poo poo that may have once been in the same zip code as a shelter, but I'm not going to let that stop me from adding an extra zero or two the price"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

De Vägen

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I love that they not only used the rear of the wagon for the back of the cab, but kept the hatch functional. Not sure how useful it is, but what the hell.
I like it.

Looks like a fair job of sealing up the rear doors.

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Had to post some fools gold of my own recently

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rancherolvo

Volvute

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

As someone who has a thing for Volvos of that era, I kinda want it, especially since it's a manual.

I got an 82 245 with the M46. Given this is an 86, it should have an M46 as well (I think the M47 came in 88 or 89). Great, stout transmissions those are.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/lehighton-1999-bmw-328i-48k-miles-e46/6958760449.html

if it was a manual I would buy this right fucken now

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
total crackpipe price

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

at 48k miles? idk

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

at 48k miles? idk

It's twenty years old and lives in PA. There's rust hiding somewhere, waiting to ruin your day a week after you buy it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
My buddy couldn't sell his for 3k with around 145000 miles. That price is stupid.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

at 48k miles? idk

yes, the price is probably high even if it was manual

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

If there is nothing more expensive than a cheap German car, does that mean than an expensive German car is even more expensive, or less?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

More or less.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Darchangel posted:

More or less.

Yes

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

"used on a TV show"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ishikabibble posted:

"used on a TV show"

yes parking wars

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Elephanthead posted:

yes junkyard parking wars

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

ishikabibble posted:

"used on a TV show"

"has a salvage title"
"title status: clean"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Space Gopher posted:

"has a salvage title"
"title status: clean"

Just means that the title itself hasn't had coffee or mustard etc spilled on it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

wesleywillis posted:

Just means that the title itself hasn't had coffee or mustard etc spilled on it.

this is also highly unlikely

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Wonder what this would actually take to bring into California compliance.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ishikabibble posted:

Wonder what this would actually take to bring into California compliance.

Impossible unless you snag an exception.
Do what everyone else does over there and register it in Washington, drive it in California.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Impossible unless you snag an exception.
Do what everyone else does over there and register it in Washington, drive it in California.

I don;t wanna be a dick, but you should probably not suggest people break the law

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Leperflesh posted:

I don;t wanna be a dick, but you should probably not suggest people break the law

Stupid laws are meant to be broken

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Or what?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If they get into any legal trouble, such as a speeding ticket, and it's determined that they've been a resident in CA for more than 20 days without registering their car, they may find their legal problems have been moderately worsened.

It may complicate insurance issues.

Maybe also even though California's import laws requiring are onerous and stupid, the state needs the tax revenue and owners registering their cars out of state are avoiding paying tax. Also avoiding passing smog checks, which directly saved LA and other cities from smog that was killing people.

But mostly because telling people to break the law is a clever way to get banned from SA and I want this thread to stick around.
e. I meant the import thread Kaker does, which thread I thought I was in, but same difference really.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 31, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Leperflesh posted:

If they get into any legal trouble, such as a speeding ticket, and it's determined that they've been a resident in CA for more than 20 days without registering their car, they may find their legal problems have been moderately worsened.

It may complicate insurance issues.

Maybe also even though California's import laws requiring are onerous and stupid, the state needs the tax revenue and owners registering their cars out of state are avoiding paying tax. Also avoiding passing smog checks, which directly saved LA and other cities from smog that was killing people.

But mostly because telling people to break the law is a clever way to get banned from SA and I want this thread to stick around.
e. I meant the import thread Kaker does, which thread I thought I was in, but same difference really.

I uh, think you are reading way too far into my off-hand comment.

What I meant was it is impossible to register a Honda Beat in Califorina, full-stop. It can not be done in any realistic way unless you obtain an exception from the state. Getting that is possible but extremely difficult. People that live in California will absolutely drive what they want if they can work around the system that California has set up, which is why I commented about the Washington state thing. To see that though and start talking about smog and saving lives and everything is such a gross miscalculation that I'm pretty surprised I have to explain that, no, I wasn't suggesting that someone break the law and was about to go through a step by step process on how to do it, thus bringing back smog in L.A. and killing people.

Admins/moderators will dole out punishments as they see fit. If I say something that gets reported and I get probated or banned, that's on me, and you shouldn't worry about it.

EDIT
Don't smoke weed it's against the law :cop:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Don't smoke weed it's against the law :cop:
well. actually,

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

i am calling the DEA right now buster

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I've never heard of a T1000, but I like it!

quote:

Seller's Description
Dont run needs motor. 1.6 5 speed 400 obo or trade

Aw : <

e; Bonus , pics of a sick turbo charged in line 6. I am a colossal failure and managed to not get a pic of the truck itself.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 1, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
12v Cummins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dr.Caligari posted:

I've never heard of a T1000, but I like it!

Dear god, the Pontiac Chevette.

I'll be brief as someone that has grown up in two of them...don't like it.