Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would pay good money for a game where everyone reacted to your lack of pants, but the story progressed generally as normal. Like, they're not screaming and running away, but the enemies in cutscenes would just look at you like "what the gently caress, dude" before continuing on.

It's not in cutscenes but I'm pretty sure people in Fable would laugh at your rear end way back in 2004.

CHICKEN CHASA DO YOU CHASE CHICKENS THEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You have to actively try to look at her butt to get the achievement instead of the many, many other times where it is just randomly flashed at you

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I have to get back to that game (not, um, because of that ^). I was watching supergreatfriend's LP and, when he first got to Pascal, thought, "I really need to play this myself." I stopped watching the LP, bought the game, bought a graphics card and cables so I could play the game (yes, in that order), and only got as far as the amusement park before kind of...not playing it anymore. :saddowns:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mamkute posted:

I'm really impressed at the amount of clothing options in Sleeping Dogs, and that you can go outside without any pants on and no one will act any differently.

Day 1 as an undercover cop. They suspect nothing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LA Noire has dialogues where you choose one of three options and if you get it “wrong” many times the guy will be like gently caress You for even suggesting it very angrily and then you ask another question and he answers you calmly

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Sleeping Dogs has a lot of good outfits but I wished they were a little more...idk...practical? But maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for immersion over goofy antics so I could never find a good time to wear the Monkey King costume. :sigh:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would pay good money for a game where everyone reacted to your lack of pants, but the story progressed generally as normal. Like, they're not screaming and running away, but the enemies in cutscenes would just look at you like "what the gently caress, dude" before continuing on.

If RPGs can have INT 1 runs then they can have pantsless runs.

And INT 1 pantsless runs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

John Murdoch posted:

If RPGs can have INT 1 runs then they can have pantsless runs.

And INT 1 pantsless runs.

In Arcanum you can get the reputation of ”Pervert of Tarant” if you keep running around in the main city wearing just your undies. If you want to become a master in the Pick Pocket skill it’s required to earn that reputation, since the guy who can train you to be a Master is a cheeky trickster.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Breath of the Wild does this if you strip Link down to his boxers. Lots of characters have unique dialogue when you chat to them swinging free as a Hylian can.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Day 1 as an undercover cop. They suspect nothing.

I wish more games let outfits bleed into cutscenes.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The radio in Sleeping Dogs was also one of the dopest.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I finally beat the TraIl of the Sword DLC in Zelda BoTW. It’s 3 gauntlets of rooms of enemies, and they strip your inventory first. I also had Master Mode on, that increases the difficulty immensely. This poo poo was so loving hard, if it was anything else than the first new Zelda I have played in more than a decade I would have given up. It took me so many tries, I’m relieved it’s over. The reward is pretty interesting overall for the game.

Your master sword goes from 30 strength to 60, and its downtime when broken is significantly reduced. Most people complain about fights breaking your weapons, but the master sword comes back so fast now these fights don’t inconvenience me anymore. Now I’m mostly replacing increasingly powerful weapons that I never even used at all.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's purely coincidental, but

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Jeza posted:

The radio in Sleeping Dogs was also one of the dopest.

I would put the soundtrack on all the drat time if all the songs weren’t already on constant rotation.

“Beep street” starting right as your about to race gets me so drat pumped.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Flint_Paper posted:

Breath of the Wild does this if you strip Link down to his boxers. Lots of characters have unique dialogue when you chat to them swinging free as a Hylian can.

Haha, I can't believe I forgot about that,and I did a boxers run as long as was feasible the first time I tried to play through.

lol

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

There's a brief moment in Alpha Protocol that does this. The mission plays out the same no matter how you're dressed, but the guy you meet up with in the opener has a different line to greet you depending on what you're wearing.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
My favorite little thing about Alpha Protocol is that if you complete the game using the rookie background (which starts with no skillpoints), then you unlock the veteran background, which starts with skills everywhere. But not just that, it also unlocks a bunch of extra dialog options. This includes, when you arrive in the first mission area and are video chatting with your boss to get the background, you going "Yeah, I can handle this, bye" and turning off the TV set while he's going "No, wait --"

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My favorite little thing about Alpha Protocol is that if you complete the game using the rookie background (which starts with no skillpoints), then you unlock the veteran background, which starts with skills everywhere. But not just that, it also unlocks a bunch of extra dialog options. This includes, when you arrive in the first mission area and are video chatting with your boss to get the background, you going "Yeah, I can handle this, bye" and turning off the TV set while he's going "No, wait --"

Doesn't gelatto guy appear on the video for no good reason? I never worked that out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

tight aspirations posted:

Doesn't gelatto guy appear on the video for no good reason? I never worked that out.

I think Josh said that guys just meant to be an enigma for his own sake. The scene where you talk to him in person is straight up off and its never explained.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Olaf The Stout posted:

I finally beat the TraIl of the Sword DLC in Zelda BoTW. It’s 3 gauntlets of rooms of enemies, and they strip your inventory first. I also had Master Mode on, that increases the difficulty immensely. This poo poo was so loving hard, if it was anything else than the first new Zelda I have played in more than a decade I would have given up. It took me so many tries, I’m relieved it’s over. The reward is pretty interesting overall for the game.

Your master sword goes from 30 strength to 60, and its downtime when broken is significantly reduced. Most people complain about fights breaking your weapons, but the master sword comes back so fast now these fights don’t inconvenience me anymore. Now I’m mostly replacing increasingly powerful weapons that I never even used at all.
I'm just doing this as well! I'm really enjoying it, Master Mode is overall a pretty lazy "hard mode" and it's ridiculous that it was paid DLC, but I find it more enjoyable than the too-easy base game. The trials are genuinely tense and difficult, the only room I thought was stupidly balanced/badly done in Master Mode was the one near the end of the beginner trial with the two loving silver lizalfos. Had to cheese it with sneak attacks, which was stupid. Haven't beaten the final trials yet but they're inventive and a lot of fun

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Morrowind actually does that if you run around naked. People are like "do you have no decency? Put some drat clothes on" but then conversations otherwise happen normally.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

tight aspirations posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be a creepy little easter egg. Veteran background in general doesn't take itself very seriously.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Morrowind actually does that if you run around naked. People are like "do you have no decency? Put some drat clothes on" but then conversations otherwise happen normally.

The Temple of Elemental Evil does basically that same thing. Possibly (it's been awhile) a few won't even talk to you at all until you put some clothes on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha, I can't believe I forgot about that,and I did a boxers run as long as was feasible the first time I tried to play through.

lol

The best part of a boxers only run is that you open chests by kicking them, and when you're barefoot Link still kicks hard enough to hurt his feet.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I contend that Alpha Protocol is as close to both an Archer game and a modern version of Covert Action as we are likely to get.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

saints row has a whole mini game where if you take off all your clothes you start streaking and rack up points by horrifying passers by

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

saints row has a whole mini game where if you take off all your clothes you start streaking and rack up points by horrifying passers by

I really hope they bring all of this stuff back for Saints Row 5, and ditch the aliens.

A for little things, they better bring back Nolan North as a voice option along with the singalongs.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

hell yeah

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Let's Play mode: everything is as usual, but Chip Cheezum comments on the game as you play, like the Parodius installment with the announcer.

e: honestly they better just, like, write a tight script and build the game from the ground up to support it, that's all I'm asking. As opposed to cobble it together from DLC and salvaged bits from a disastrous development process and heap new code and mechanics onto that mess, loved 3 and 4 but they were what they were, y'know.

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Aug 16, 2019

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ElectricWizard posted:

I really hope they bring all of this stuff back for Saints Row 5, and ditch the aliens.

A for little things, they better bring back Nolan North as a voice option along with the singalongs.

Volition genuinely seem bored by doing more 'human-level' Saints Row, so wouldn't expect them to go back to much of it.

The things they've been saying in their streams seem to suggest they're REALLY excited by what they're doing, though. So that's good, at least.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Agents of Mayhem got a little samey, but the powers were fun a pretty logical extension of SR4

Also at this point they should put Nolan North as one of the Boss options and make a Troy Baker option. Switch it up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Agents of Mayhem felt like a game where they spent all their time making characters but not enough time doing literally anything else. So there's not much of a story or content that isn't copied and pasted.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My biggest problem with Agents of Mayhem was how much stuff you're required to learn immediately. You have three different characters right off the bat and they each control slightly differently, plus there's the new map to learn and the enemy types and the customisations and upgrades and it's all just too much too quickly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tiggum posted:

My biggest problem with Agents of Mayhem was how much stuff you're required to learn immediately. You have three different characters right off the bat and they each control slightly differently, plus there's the new map to learn and the enemy types and the customisations and upgrades and it's all just too much too quickly.

And then once you finish the tutorial and start a proper mission you realize you've seen literally everything the game has to offer already.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something really cool I just noticed about the manual/box art in Star Trek Shattered Universe on the PS2, wherein Sulu gets stuck in the mirror universe and has to survive until he can escape (I can't get past the first level because I'm bad at space shooters due to never playing them):

The Rs are mirrored of course, that's basic, but look at the shape they form:

Looks a lot like Sulu's Excelsior. Or any starship at any rate.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Or a dog head

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Something really cool I just noticed about the manual/box art in Star Trek Shattered Universe on the PS2, wherein Sulu gets stuck in the mirror universe and has to survive until he can escape (I can't get past the first level because I'm bad at space shooters due to never playing them):

The Rs are mirrored of course, that's basic, but look at the shape they form:

Looks a lot like Sulu's Excelsior. Or any starship at any rate.

How high are you man?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looks more like a bajoran mons pubis

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It also has a quest where the dude wants a peek at the goods before he'll hand over his macguffin.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's Crassius Curio, the guy who wrote the classic Lusty Argonian Maid, where a noble fucks his serving girl. His name?

Crantius Colto.

Dude wrote self insert erotic fan fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/SJmnJFT.mp4
The dedicated "deflect blasters" button you have in Battlefront II, never gets old.