Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Triple H isn't proto. Why do you think he pushed fellow believer Asuka so hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Which 4chan wrestling board, because there's two: the one on 4chan itself and the one on 420chan, which was founded by a goon, actually

DarkstarIV posted:

I would argue it makes less sense than Dunne, simply because he at least had an established history on NXT. You could also argue that he had unfinished business with Roddy at the time. Where Rhea's NXT US debut came out of nowhere, and she's being injected right into a title feud. All because they are desperate to find ways to keep Shayna at the top of the division despite people getting sick of her reign and because ~whoops~ she cleared out the entire division in NA, so now they have to bring over folks from NXT UK to give her more challengers to run over. And her reign is at the point where the non-title women's feud is significantly more interesting and likely drawing more eyes to the product than whatever the champion is doing. Which seems backwards.

Yeah, if they would have shot Shayna up to the main roster, they would have done so by now. She's almost 40, and with the wear and tear of a MMA career

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Forceholy posted:

Which 4chan wrestling board, because there's two: the one on 4chan itself and the one on 420chan, which was founded by a goon, actually

Yeah, if they would have shot Shayna up to the main roster, they would have done so by now. She's almost 40, and with the wear and tear of a MMA career

The one on 4chan. Not 420chan.

And that's the problem with Shayna. She should have been called up long ago, but now I dunno when or if she'll ever be called up. And as long as she's in NXT, she'll pretty much always be champion. Which is a very bad thing. Because her time at the top has grown completely stale, and she's not going to bring in any new eyes to the product at this point, or bring any real excitement to the scene.

I don't get what Triple H or the rest of the NXT creative team sees in Shayna at this point that isn't done better by someone else in the division. rear end in a top hat ruthless heel? Shirai does it better. Submission based wrestling? Shayna probably has the edge there, but its also hit the point of her matches all following the same formulaic bullshit and it makes her Takeover matches the weakest on the card, and you can fast-forward though it because you won't miss anything.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 16, 2019

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It really feels like NXT is in a holding pattern until whatever NXT will be after the Fox launch happens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I would argue it makes less sense than Dunne, simply because he at least had an established history on NXT. You could also argue that he had unfinished business with Roddy at the time. Where Rhea's NXT US debut came out of nowhere, and she's being injected right into a title feud. All because they are desperate to find ways to keep Shayna at the top of the division despite people getting sick of her reign and because ~whoops~ she cleared out the entire division in NA, so now they have to bring over folks from NXT UK to give her more challengers to run over. And her reign is at the point where the non-title women's feud is significantly more interesting and likely drawing more eyes to the product than whatever the champion is doing. Which seems backwards.

Full Sail most likely popped huge for Rhea. You are focusing on stuff that doesn't really matter. She's over and has further built cred during her NXT UK title run. Was a big deal in both Mae Young Classics. She does not come from nowhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

It really feels like WWE is in a holding pattern until whatever WWE will be after the Fox launch happens.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
WWE is going to be in a holding pattern. Then, Now, Forever.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

Also I don't know where the idea that she's green has come from, she's been wrestling for 6 years.

ALERT To the Moderator: I am not personally attacking protected user DarkstarIV with this post!!!

[Redacted] likes to just repeat a bunch of poo poo over and over without it actually being true. Unfortunately, it's now against the rules to say that's stupid, so I won't say that. Some people may, but not me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Darkstar more like whackstar*

This post was a joke and it shouldnt be interpreted as an attack to SA forum poster Darkstar

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DoctorGonzo posted:

But he is a anti union bootlicker who parades around another wwe whortless belt and he thinks he is a big shot
We can say that about most wrestlers because there aren't a ton of them pushing for a union or they will talk a big game and immediately walk back on it when they become execs for a wrestling company.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:mrgw:

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

rovert posted:

You are focusing on stuff that doesn't really matter.

nxt does not make a profit and is a failure at developing talent for the main roster

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I expect a women's war games match or something more than i expect Rhea or Mia getting a title shot at War Games

Horsewomen vs Candice/Mia/??? vs Rhea, Io, ???. I was going to say Bianca for Candice's team but maybe she'd be better on Io's team.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 16, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

I expect a women's war games match or something more than i expect Rhea or Mia getting a title shot at War Games

If that were to happen, then who would be in it? Because holy gently caress Jessamyn and Marina would probably end up injuring someone if they were a part of it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

If that were to happen, then who would be in it? Because holy gently caress Jessamyn and Marina would probably end up injuring someone if they were a part of it.

They've had green as hell AOP in one, so what's the difference honestly? It's a brawling cage match with at least 6 other people to cover up for others while they lay around or rest after pluder spots come in.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

WarGames sucks because nothing that happens before everyone enters the cage matters.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

wcw did a version where you could win before everybody is entered and it turns out that that is much much more stupid so

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

fatherofmustard posted:

WarGames sucks because nothing that happens before everyone enters the cage matters.

you wear the guys down before you can win it actually makes total sense and should have a roof and it should have blade jobs

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rovert posted:

I'll never understand people not seeing her apology as something written in haste. And that "sorry if you were offended" is something people say/write reflexively without knowing what they are actually saying. I find it hard to believe she sat down rubbed her hands and decided let's pull the wool over people's eyes here. Especially when her WWE contract and her US visa is on the line.

I get what you're saying. But when people have read those kind of apologies so many times it reaks of insincerity and zero self reflection. It's a moment when someone can give a heartfelt message and she just didn't do that.

She's still very young though and I'm not going to run around saying never giver her a chance.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 16, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I get what you're saying. But when people have read those kind of apologies so many times it reaks of insincerity and zero self reflection. It's a moment when someone can give a heartfelt message and she just didn't do that.

She's still very young though and I'm not going to run around saying never giver her a chance.

I get that too, and maybe I personally didn't make myself clear enough on something. I don't mind if people don't like Rhea or never give her another chance or anything like that in the sense that that's absolutely their prerogative. I just think I see more instances of literally no person getting the benefit of the doubt on things (even beyond wrestling) and I think that sucks a bit. I get it though, disenfranchised people are mad and scared as gently caress in 2019 and they have every right to be. I just know I've done and said stupid poo poo before (and probably still do, tbh) although nothing to the level of what Rhea did, and one of my biggest fears is making people mad for something and no one believing the apology is sincere so I'm probably projecting a little.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah i think perma cancelling for one mistake sucks but i'm also a straight jacked white boy deal with it so i prefer to defer to those actually affected by whatever may be the thing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

yeah i think perma cancelling for one mistake sucks but i'm also a straight jacked white boy deal with it so i prefer to defer to those actually affected by whatever may be the thing

Same kinda for the most part except I'm disabled obviously so I eat some institutional poo poo even if it's a lot less outwardly malicious or threatening and rather more insidious.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

lost my old email posted:

nxt does not make a profit and is a failure at developing talent for the main roster

You know if you look at it objectively this is correct. If you look at it modern NXT has only developed 3 real stars; Becky, Charlotte and Sasha. You have some guys that float around the top of the card; Kevin Owens, Joe but there is no one there you can say is a true star sadly. People like Seth and Roman are pre modern NXT. Even someone like Braun basically skipped NXT as did AJ and are better off for it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I get that too, and maybe I personally didn't make myself clear enough on something. I don't mind if people don't like Rhea or never give her another chance or anything like that in the sense that that's absolutely their prerogative. I just think I see more instances of literally no person getting the benefit of the doubt on things (even beyond wrestling) and I think that sucks a bit. I get it though, disenfranchised people are mad and scared as gently caress in 2019 and they have every right to be. I just know I've done and said stupid poo poo before (and probably still do, tbh) although nothing to the level of what Rhea did, and one of my biggest fears is making people mad for something and no one believing the apology is sincere so I'm probably projecting a little.

The thing that people miss when they go on and on about cancel culture is that no one actually gets canceled or whatever if they gently caress up and own their gently caress up. People are totally willing to accept a good apology. But if you gently caress up and can't even properly own your mistakes then gently caress off, get out of here, you don't deserve the privileged position you're in. It's 2019 and she is 22. She's a grown rear end woman and literally everyone knows not to use the slur she used. Literally everyone knows what it means. Using it shows a lack of empathy for other people and her lame excuse just hammers that home. Why should anyone be expected to forgive that if she can't even come up with a proper apology that shows actual empathy?

If you want to work in a career that is about having an audience and having that audience be your source of income then you need to have basic human skills like "empathy" and "views everyone as a human". If you don't have those then don't be surprised when the people you insult and hurt don't want to give you money anymore, you'll probably just use it to hurt them anyways.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Djarum posted:

You know if you look at it objectively this is correct. If you look at it modern NXT has only developed 3 real stars; Becky, Charlotte and Sasha. You have some guys that float around the top of the card; Kevin Owens, Joe but there is no one there you can say is a true star sadly. People like Seth and Roman are pre modern NXT. Even someone like Braun basically skipped NXT as did AJ and are better off for it.

Yeah, but at the same time that's not really the fault of NXT either. They develop stars, the problem is the insane 70+ year old man in charge of the company who completely mishandles the vast majority of the callups.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think we've had centuries of giving people the benefit of the doubt that they'll change. Now that people actually get called out on hateful behavior or slurs they want to whine that oh come on give me another chance. gently caress em. Let them earn it back with heartfelt change or something that makes a difference in the lives of those they affected.

These days I just have zero patience left for these kinds of assholes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And no one deserves an audience. If they can't handle basic things like be nice to people they can go work in an office or become a cop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

NXT's successes that weren't already indy experienced are pretty much Charlotte, Elias and Alexa. And the only male on that list has cratered lately.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Forceholy posted:

420chan, which was founded by a goon, actually

Ah, I was wondering why the TCC gajinka was their mascot.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, but at the same time that's not really the fault of NXT either. They develop stars, the problem is the insane 70+ year old man in charge of the company who completely mishandles the vast majority of the callups.

Well even the from scratch development they have mostly been a complete failure. I honestly can't think of a single success they have had out of there. Hell I can't even think of a slight success.

Let's be honest signing people with 3, 5, 10 sometimes 15 years of experience of course they are going to already be great. They don't need development. That performance center was designed to bring in raw talent and make them organic talent. It has been 6+ years now and they have not had a single success.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if you give NXT a pass cause Vince is crazy you just need to look at the actual amount of home grown talent at a top level to see that NXT and the performance centre is over rated at making talent. Dreak and Rusev are probably the best home grown men and neither are really world class. Compare that say New Japan where you have Umino, Narita, Tsuji, Conners and Fredricks all looking like amazing talent in the future

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Aphrodite posted:

NXT's successes that weren't already indy experienced are pretty much Charlotte, Elias and Alexa. And the only male on that list has cratered lately.

And one of the ladies is not that good of a wrestler. Decent on the mic tho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

And one of the girls on it is pretty much one injury away from being totally done before 30.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is the Revival done with WWE because I just got an email from Pro Wrestling Tees and their next crate has a tag team theme and lists a team called #FTR and has a photo of the revival

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is the Revival done with WWE because I just got an email from Pro Wrestling Tees and their next crate has a tag team theme and lists a team called #FTR and has a photo of the revival

Dash applied for the #FTR trademark Jan 1 and they've incorporated it onto their trunks/merch previously, even tweeting it out at the same time as Forever The Revival. I wouldn't read anything into that, especially when there's enough that's actually there that we already do know (their contracts aren't up till next year, Dawson got extended an extra month or two due to injury, and they've turned down all attempts to extend so far)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they probably wanted to buy FTR away from Bucks possibly merchandising it in sew

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

sportsgenius86 posted:

It is likely the autograph. They generally have WWE contracted talent as the 8x10s.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

lost my old email posted:

you wear the guys down before you can win it actually makes total sense and should have a roof and it should have blade jobs

A roof means less things they can do in the cage, so no thanks.

The roof is fine for storytelling like WarGanes 97 where it was 5 on 3, but I think in this era sacrificing match quality for the purpose of furthering a story probably wouldn’t go over so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Astro7x posted:

A roof means less things they can do in the cage, so no thanks.

The roof is fine for storytelling like WarGanes 97 where it was 5 on 3, but I think in this era sacrificing match quality for the purpose of furthering a story probably wouldn’t go over so well

The best match in the history of the current hottest company in the US was a relatively slow-paced brawl involving a guy known for telling stories over great ringwork with lovely camera work that is beloved for the storytelling.