Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Burkion posted:

But

What is this gibberish

What

What? What is

Why are they

I mean they

What

This doesn't

Why are they

What

Because Leo and his team killed the Psycho Rangers, duh.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

OK for a second I thought that was Wild Force red and I was like whoa that's kind of a dark combo there

Oops, it was me who was dark.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It feels like Go Go Power Rangers skipped a step, or did I miss when Kim moved on from her comic original boyfriend?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dawgstar posted:

It feels like Go Go Power Rangers skipped a step, or did I miss when Kim moved on from her comic original boyfriend?

pretty sure her moving one happened somewhere in the Alpha 1 arc or just before it started.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Help, the pink ranger's crop top is destroying me, send maintenance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcC69HvAeec

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Parrotine posted:

Midriff? How scandalous.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Remember that time the rangers got stuck in a storybook where there was a snowstorm? And they couldn't morph because it was so cold their morphers froze?

Kimberly didn't freeze. Because she's hot. :rimshot:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Midriff? How scandalous.

Magic wand, make my monster GROOOOOOW!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

The youtube comment said it best: as a kid that scene is :gonk:ly horrifying (I mean, yeah, Zords have been defeated before, no probOH MY GOD HIS HEAD IS OFF)... but as an adult you're focused more on wondering just how Amy Jo Johnson convinced the showrunners of a sexless TV show to let her wear a crop top that gets danger close to showing stuff off when she runs her hand through her hair*. And those daisy dukes probably caused some parents to kvetch.

That said, though, I always thought that collection of scenes was a reminder that basically Yost and AJJ were the best actors on that show. Everyone else is doing generic Power Rangers Are Sad Something Is Happening, she is going for it.

* Vaguely related story: in her film she directed, The Space Between, there's a scene where her character crawls into the back of a car (basically flashing the camera) while another character smacks her rear end. During the questions section after the screening, she mentioned that she kept wanting reshoots because the guy wasn't spanking her hard enough. Combined with Jason Narvey's story about how she freaked him out a little when she had to act like a punk, I'm inclined to think AJJ is just a little twisted.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 14, 2019

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

God damnit bibs

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The update adding Lord Zedd as DLC to Battle for the Grid is out, and includes a third act for the story mode (don't know if that gives it an actual ending now or if it'll be another "to be continued...") and all the usual fighting game patch character tweaks and stuff.

Even though the base roster is still kind of anaemic for a 3 on 3 tag fighter, the extra voice acting and stuff like sparks on weapon hits have done a lot to improve the overall aesthetic of the game and make it feel less empty compared to when it first came out, and the continued updates have gotten to the point where I'm pretty happy as a PR fan to have bought it.

I also still appreciate that basing it on the comics and stuff mean that while we wind up with the requisite MMPR nostalgiafest on the roster, we get some nice variety with it being like Ranger Slayer Kim, dragon armour Trini, Mastadon Sentry, and the Not-Billy MMPRLA Blue instead of being kind of boring and vanilla about i--

:yikes:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Siegkrow posted:

God damnit bibs

I was sitting (vaguely) in front of her during the showing. It went from "holy poo poo AJJ is sitting a seat behind me, this is cool" to "holy poo poo I just watched an upskirt of AJJ that she filmed and I'm not sure how to react when she is maybe a foot away from me"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Her event for the movie in my town was canceled due to a hurricane so I didn't get to meet her but my wife bought me a cameo video from her which was nice. She randomly sang me an impromptu song in it.

Currently my second favorite Pink Ranger because when I met Catherine Sutherland and talked with her and tried to shake her hand goodbye she insisted I hug her, so that's an automatic number one.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 14, 2019

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Box of Bunnies posted:

and includes a third act for the story mode (don't know if that gives it an actual ending now or if it'll be another "to be continued...")

it has an actual ending now. finished it last night

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

God loving dammit Bibs.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

During the questions section after the screening, she mentioned that she kept wanting reshoots because the guy wasn't spanking her hard enough.

Nooooooooooo me and my BDSM dungeon fantasies dont need to know this you monster :cry:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Currently my second favorite Pink Ranger because when I met Catherine Sutherland and talked with her and tried to shake her hand goodbye she insisted I hug her, so that's an automatic number one.

I've heard nothing but good things about interactions with Catherine. I'm also highly impressed she doesn't really seem to age.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After meeting her I realized I was watching S1 of power rangers when I was already at the extreme high end of the target age, and just kept watching anyway even though I was too old for it, so despite me remembering myself being a child and her an adult, I was like 13 years old when she joined the show and she's only 7 years older than me, only two years older than my wife.

Then I realized I'm basically older than every ranger starting with Lightspeed rescue(I'm the exact same age as Sasha down to the month) and it would be extremely weird meeting them and thinking internally "I was such a big fan of you as a kid"

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I've heard nothing but good things about interactions with Catherine. I'm also highly impressed she doesn't really seem to age.

She is really sweet. The RangerStop ATL event provided a lot more one on one opportunities for most of the cast that came for the entire time (ASJ was only Friday, JDF was only Saturday). With Morphicon 2020 being at the exact same time as DragonCon next year, I think I’ll be going to RangerStop.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I dig PR, but I can’t see myself going to a PR convention. Meeting PR actors at a comic/sci-fi con, sure.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Ninja Steel White Ranger's casting in the Amazon Wheel of Time series catapults her to the top tier of PR actors with post-series careers (outside of Australia and New Zealand). Anyone else got anything as high profile since Rose McIver?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fezz posted:

The Ninja Steel White Ranger's casting in the Amazon Wheel of Time series catapults her to the top tier of PR actors with post-series careers (outside of Australia and New Zealand). Anyone else got anything as high profile since Rose McIver?

Emma Lahana in Cloak and Dagger?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Depends on if you mean ranger actors or anyone on the cast. The lady who ran the Not-Juice-Bar on In Space was part of Scrubs. And as been noted a lot of times, Alex Borstein of Family Guy voiced Queen Machina.

Most successful ranger actor is probably Rose McIver as she’s had a starring role in a CW series.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There's some blog (whose name escapes me) that basically posts whenever a former Ranger is on something.

I can't remember much aside from being depressed after one too many "Remember this ranger? He/she is a background character on {show basically one notch above or below Power Rangers} in episode {X}!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Craptacular! posted:

Most successful ranger actor is probably Rose McIver as she’s had a starring role in a CW series.

Uh, Johnny Bosch has had a prolific career.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Archie Kao is gonna be raking in CSI residuals forever, he was the computer guy on that show.

When Bosch came out of Power Rangers, he says he thought it was unrealistic that as an Asian man he would get live action work at that period of time which is why he went into voice acting. He thinks he'd probably have had a better chance in the mid 2000s.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Uh, Johnny Bosch has had a prolific career.

Amy Jo Johnson has also been doing fairly well for herself (it helps that she was one of the few members of the original cast who could actually act).

I think Erin Cahill (Jen from Time Force) has also been in a decent amount of stuff since her time on Power Rangers and Daniel Southworth (Eric) is a voice actor now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 17, 2019

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Eka Darville is doing pretty alright for himself

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MisterBibs posted:

There's some blog (whose name escapes me) that basically posts whenever a former Ranger is on something.

I can't remember much aside from being depressed after one too many "Remember this ranger? He/she is a background character on {show basically one notch above or below Power Rangers} in episode {X}!"

RIP Sky from SPD, killed at the Battle of the Binary Stars.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Craptacular! posted:

Depends on if you mean ranger actors or anyone on the cast. The lady who ran the Not-Juice-Bar on In Space was part of Scrubs. And as been noted a lot of times, Alex Borstein of Family Guy voiced Queen Machina.

I mean if we're doing that then Bryan Cranston is probably topping the list.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So Wal-Mart put up a bunch of Lightning Collection listings. They’re all under code names but people have been able to suss out who they probably are:

Wave 3:
MMPR Red
Dino Charge Gold
Beast Morphers Blue
Lord Drakkon

Wave 4:
MMPR Yellow
Zeo Ranger III Blue
Blaze (Ranger Form)
SPD Red

Wave 5:
MMPR Blue
Ranger Slayer
Time Force Red
“Neo Grifforzer” (speculated to be the “Vargoyle” character spoken of in Beast Morphers, using the villain suit from the Gobusters/Dino Sentai team up)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
2 ladies out of all of those waves? Jesus, Hasbro! Can you at least give me a Jen?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Morby posted:

2 ladies out of all of those waves? Jesus, Hasbro! Can you at least give me a Jen?

I'm hoping we get some more as exclusives or the like.

What I'm honestly curious about is how they're going to handle Trini. Because, while the joke is pretty obvious that ZyuYellow was a dude...

Well Thuy, and I'm trying to say this without coming off as a creep or anything, but she had the build for it. She was a very slender woman, and in the few times you saw her in the Ranger suit, she DID look like Zyu Yellow.

So I guess what I'm getting at is, I really hope she doesn't just get a copy paste of Kimberly's body, because that simply isn't what she looked like. Aisha, yeah, she was closer to Amy Jo's body type, but Thuy was a very slim woman.

Though frankly I'm glad we're getting a female body type that isn't hideously over exaggerated for once, Bandai.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bandai has nothing to do with this line.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Bandai has nothing to do with this line.

I will never forgive them for the woman body types of the Legacy line.

gently caress those fetishistic pieces of poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Morby posted:

That's honestly my only complaint with the line so far, it's just a huge sausage fest at this point.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

JT Smiley posted:

That's honestly my only complaint with the line so far, it's just a huge sausage fest at this point.

to be fair like 2/3rds of all rangers are male. 1 or 2 females in teams of 5 to 6 if not more in some cases tends to make an even distribution hard.

EDIT:I went I tried to count by memory. I defiantly am missing some that I probably forgot mostly on the male side but it was some thing like 40 female rangers to like 88+ male rangers. I didn;t even start counting villains into the gender ratio.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 17, 2019

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Burkion posted:

I will never forgive them for the woman body types of the Legacy line.

gently caress those fetishistic pieces of poo poo.

Okay now I'm imagining some Anime figurine level poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mateo360 posted:

to be fair like 2/3rds of all rangers are male. 1 or 2 females in teams of 5 to 6 if not more in some cases tends to make an even distribution hard.

EDIT:I went I tried to count by memory. I defiantly am missing some that I probably forgot mostly on the male side but it was some thing like 40 female rangers to like 88+ male rangers. I didn;t even start counting villains into the gender ratio.

That's why its so important to have good merch for the few lady Rangers we do have