Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/bulbanewsnow/status/1162362368526934016?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seasons? Don't like the sound of that

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Pokemon World Championships are this weekend.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/2019/worlds/streaming/

quote:

Pokémon VGC players may qualify through competitions in the 2019 Championship Series season. Players earn invitations to this prestigious event by performing at an exceptional level throughout the Championship Series season.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the usual team of Tapu/Primal/Ultra Beast/Rayquaza/Inciniroar/Kami

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

:chloe:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

...Why?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just something I associate with looter shooter games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh god you can use Galarian Weezing with Regigigas or Slaking.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RatHat posted:

Galarian Border Controler hasn't allowed those two migrants to get through, sadly.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Even if they were in the game, it's fairly likely that Neutralizing Field wouldn't work on them, like how Simple Beam fails.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Galarian Weezing gets better and better. Truly the best gentleman.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

I don’t think they’ve been explicitly stated to be out, just not mentioned as being in. Regigigas is probably out (I don’t think they want to expend slots on old Legendaries/Mythicals, with a couple exceptions like Mew), but Slaking could be in.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Ranked battles in current Pokemon games already have seasons, they just reset your rank and win/loss record every so often.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Plasbad posted:

Ranked battles in current Pokemon games already have seasons, they just reset your rank and win/loss record every so often.

So even if I am a novice, I very well am going to be going up against masters at the beginning of each season?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Is healing your pokemon still a chore in gen 7. I mean do I have to hit a button several times to just heal my guys and get out of there

1 Welcome to the pokecenter!
*click
2 We heal your pokemon back to normal health
*click
3 Would you like us to heal your pokemon?
*click
4 yes/no
*click
5 Please wait just a moment
*click
seconds pass
6 There you go, back to normal
*click
7 We hope to see you again!
*click

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So even if I am a novice, I very well am going to be going up against masters at the beginning of each season?

Yeah that's how it works in most ladder resets. Those quickly rise up and get out of the bottom. Best way to avoid them (if you absolutely don't want to play them) is to skip the first day or so (depending on how long the seasons are)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Ka0 posted:

Is healing your pokemon still a chore in gen 7. I mean do I have to hit a button several times to just heal my guys and get out of there

There is a way to shorten that, but it requires you to get a four stars on your trainer card.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yeah for the like 3 matches it takes for them to get a higher MMR and for you to settle down into loser tier.

It's how matchmaking ranking works in basically every game that has it. At worst you get a handful of matches where you're outclass then you settle into your groove.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

On the official site, it says:

quote:

In Ranked Battles, your rank will go down a certain amount at the end of each season before being carried over to a new season.
So people at the top won't be dropping right to the bottom when seasons change.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

1 Hello and Welcome to the Pokemon center. Would you like to heal your Pokemon
2 Yes/No
3 OK I'll take them for a few seconds
Animation
4 Thank you for waiting we've restored your pokemon to full health
5 We hope to see you again

When you become champion it changes a couple lines but still is the same amount of clicks. Let's Go is the same.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i liked black's almost insta-heal outdoor medics and nurses

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're still around I think.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're still around I think.

They are indeed. In SuMo they are island adventure/trial guides who heal your Pokes as soon as you speak to them. If everyone is at full health they just have one screen of alternate dialogue. Very handy.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Those machines don’t seem that difficult to use. I don’t see why I couldn’t put the balls in myself.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I mean how long did it take for HMs to be abolished, sort of.
Gamefreak is the most infuriating developer in history. I blame masuda

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

1 Hello and Welcome to the Pokemon center. Would you like to heal your Pokemon
2 Yes/No
3 OK I'll take them for a few seconds
Animation
4 Thank you for waiting we've restored your pokemon to full health
5 We hope to see you again

When you become champion it changes a couple lines but still is the same amount of clicks. Let's Go is the same.

Still too long. It should be "Heal? Yes/No," and I also shouldn't have to enter a building to do it. I've got a bag. Give me a mobile center.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Takoluka posted:

Give me a mobile center.

You can sort of do this with Poké pelago if you upgraded your berry farm island enough and have enough berries.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Takoluka posted:

Still too long. It should be "Heal? Yes/No," and I also shouldn't have to enter a building to do it. I've got a bag. Give me a mobile center.

They already post healing NPCs in tough areas. If you could heal on the fly for any reasonable cost the games would lose even more challenge.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Takoluka posted:

There's a single line of text when dragging healing items onto pokemon from the bag

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I should turn on the game and just be able to press A to beat it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Do people not have thousands of Sitrus & Leppa berries by now from Pelago?

I haven't entered a Pokemon Center for ages and just heal my 'mons directly from my bag

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

A quick heal button for automatically using potions/berries/status heals on your whole party would probably be a good addition. Other RPGs have this nowadays.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Do people not have thousands of Sitrus & Leppa berries by now from Pelago?

I haven't entered a Pokemon Center for ages and just heal my 'mons directly from my bag

I don't use Pelago, nor Refresh while at it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Picking the grass starter and sticking with it and purrloin is a surefire way of upping the difficulty in BW2 by the way. What a disastrous gen for starters and yet fantastic in everything else.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Without its hidden ability Serperior is straight up the worst starter of all of them mechanically

Its a fast defensively oriented pokemon that doesn't have a lot of good support moves and has a really limited offensive movepool.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Leaf tornado is alright at first. I just can't believe they managed to make a grass starter worse than Meganium or Sceptile (pre megaevo)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ka0 posted:

Leaf tornado is alright at first. I just can't believe they managed to make a grass starter worse than Meganium or Sceptile (pre megaevo)

It has lower offensive stats in both offenses than either of them and a shallower movepool lol

When Meganium is punching above your weight something has gone horribly wrong

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ka0 posted:

You say that, but my HGSS Meganium outsped Lance's Garchomp and one-shot it with Frenzy Plant, so it's clearly got something going for it

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Lance is a chump. The true dragon master has always been Iris, even though an ice cream with eyes can wreck her team. Cynthia doesn't count since she coasts on how broken Garchomp was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

HA Meganium made me fall in love with the flowersaur.