Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Potentially silly question - is Cap a must Tier II? He's got his Endgame costume if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dawgstar posted:

Potentially silly question - is Cap a must Tier II? He's got his Endgame costume if that helps.

I'd say so. He's one of my 4 T3s and he's pretty kickass with that uni. Plus, it's Cap throwing hammers, so duh.

I don't understand how Boost points work. Are they automatic if you have some or do you have to "activate" them? Do you get a limited amount that recharge naturally and you can't get extra like Energy and such?

I've never completed a GBR but I would like Silver Surfer so I'm saving this boost point thing I got in my mailbox to use against Galactus. I'm guessing that means when I run out of natural Boost Points I can use that and add more, but I'm not positive.

Is Surfer a natural T2, or do you just need enough bios to unlock him and then you can use rank-up tickets and what-not to get him the rest of the way?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Cap's one of the best values at T2 and a good choice to T3, as long as you can afford the crystals to get him any costume from Infinity War on. The newer ones are better I assume but mine still has infinity war and does fine.

Steve Vader posted:

I don't understand how Boost points work. Are they automatic if you have some or do you have to "activate" them? Do you get a limited amount that recharge naturally and you can't get extra like Energy and such?

I've never completed a GBR but I would like Silver Surfer so I'm saving this boost point thing I got in my mailbox to use against Galactus. I'm guessing that means when I run out of natural Boost Points I can use that and add more, but I'm not positive.

Is Surfer a natural T2, or do you just need enough bios to unlock him and then you can use rank-up tickets and what-not to get him the rest of the way?

Boost points refill to 100 over time and are automatically spent to both lower the amount of energy required to do anything and to get you bonus loot, shown on the far right of your loot readout with a symbol over it. If you aren't doing stuff in order according to a heroic or epic quest its probably best to do something like Special Missions first each day to use up your boost, especially if you have extra and go above 100. If you do go above 100 I think you have better odds at the good stuff like CTPs, and once you go below 100 it only refills back to 100 over time.

That said, when doing a giant boss raid like Galactus or Master Mold, after selecting your characters you can wager boost points on your win in chunks of 35. x10 costs 315 boost points (x1 is zero boost spent) and is the max I believe. You'd need to get anything other than the base daily 100 from a different source: login rewards, patch downtime awards, new character progression rewards, the daily boost subscription, 150 crystals for 100 boost points in the store. The good news is thank god if you fail the boost points aren't spent, because I could totally see a gacha game doing that. Once you do beat the boss, you get your base reward, then for every 30 boost points you wagered/spent it does a tick where it shows you the extra reward you got for it.

I spent 275 boost points on my Galactus fight. 100 from the day, 100 from the Namor/Wave new character quests, and 100 I paid crystals for. That was x9 reward, and I think it only took x7 to get my 10 bios for last week. It showed two more ticks of rewards that were just more type enhancement stuff.

So if you want to spend boost on galactus tomorrow make sure you don't do anything else first that requires energy or it will eat up the boost. At least after you add the extra ones from your mailbox.

Finally yeah Surfer is a natural T2 so you will presumably unlock him with 20 bios and then use BAM, chaos norns and anyone's bios to rank him up, probably with the same cost as Thanos.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thanks for the input. I know where the next Tier 2 advancement ticket is going.

Sort of related, I just noticed Luna has a Tier 3. That's pretty tempting even if I want to cry thinking about all the resources it would take.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

You shouldn't use a t2 ticket on Cap, as a main story character he uses much less resources to advance.

I do hear Luna is good at t3.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yes, thanks for the boost info.

I guess the next question is who to use against Galactus.

I've got Deadpool, Cap, Thor, Black Panther at T3. I've got Jean at 69 without the new uniform but I'm fresh out of pretty much all X-related rank-up materials so I can't get her to T3 yet.

Of course, I know I'm just hoping to hitch a ride on a whale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, part of what makes Cap so valuable is that he's so much cheaper/easier to work up. There's better characters, but not for the value. Thor is the other big cheap value, I think. Although his bios take more energy to farm.

Save T2 tickets for characters you can't farm easily.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bagrada posted:

You shouldn't use a t2 ticket on Cap, as a main story character he uses much less resources to advance.

So he is! Good looking about Cap. He's now T2 as I didn't realize I'd been sitting on advancing him until just now. Psylocke will now get the T2 ticket and save me farming M'Kraan Crystals.

I've been playing, I dunno two and a half months and here's who I've got at T2 plus costumes thus far:

Captain Marvel (Endgame)
Hulk (Endgame)
Minn-Erva (Captain Marvel)
Sharon Rogers (Star Light Armor costume, which was my bad buying)
Captain America (Endgame)
Wasp (Ant-Man and Wasp)
Luna Snow (Andromeda)
Spider-Man (Far From Home)

Is that decent? I really don't know.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Dawgstar posted:

So he is! Good looking about Cap. He's now T2 as I didn't realize I'd been sitting on advancing him until just now. Psylocke will now get the T2 ticket and save me farming M'Kraan Crystals.

I've been playing, I dunno two and a half months and here's who I've got at T2 plus costumes thus far:

Captain Marvel (Endgame)
Hulk (Endgame)
Minn-Erva (Captain Marvel)
Sharon Rogers (Star Light Armor costume, which was my bad buying)
Captain America (Endgame)
Wasp (Ant-Man and Wasp)
Luna Snow (Andromeda)
Spider-Man (Far From Home)

Is that decent? I really don't know.

Yeah, I'd say you are doing well. Keep it up!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Yes, thanks for the boost info.

I guess the next question is who to use against Galactus.

I've got Deadpool, Cap, Thor, Black Panther at T3. I've got Jean at 69 without the new uniform but I'm fresh out of pretty much all X-related rank-up materials so I can't get her to T3 yet.

Of course, I know I'm just hoping to hitch a ride on a whale.

Honestly you probably don’t do enough damage to make a contribution there. What you can do is know his patterns and not die, so you can eat up his healing orbs to help out your stronger teammates. Also could act like a healer and launch Ancient One healing domes regularly. You really need a strong character to do significant damage though.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Thor with a solid lead and support may be able to do some damage. I think Galactus is probably immune to Deadpool and Cap's defence down skills.

But yeah, grab the orbs to be really useful.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

What you can do is know his patterns and not die, so you can eat up his healing orbs to help out your stronger teammates.

this, its a huge help

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Got my 10 surfer bios out of the way so I can rest easy. Now a dreadful 7 days to pick up the 7 I have left.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got my own surfer and 20 mins into his availability he's the rank 1128 Surfer, a lot of people play this game.

He does have the higher Thanos BAM requirements to rank up. I deeply regret T2ing junk characters every time I got the mats together for the last few months. I'm down to just a handful of T1s but I'd rather play with my shiny new toy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Argh!

Got in, had Galactus down to 6, the game crashes!

I need to buy a new phone to get Surfer.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Argh!

Got in, had Galactus down to 6, the game crashes!

I need to buy a new phone to get Surfer.

Oh man that sucks. Maybe you've already tried this but turning down graphics to very low helped me a lot, i still got a few hitches on my phone as big abilities triggered but it was a lot easier than with them cranked up.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ugh. Not even close. Got him to 53.

Who are "good support" people? Jean and Thor at least did some damage, but the AntiVenom healing plan didn't work. Do they have to be in a certain slot to provide support, or do they have to be leaders that you switch away fro immediately just to get their leader bonus?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You basically want a Leader with a really big boost and then a 3rd that has a big ally support. Shuri, Coulson, Valkyrie, White Fox, Ebony Maw, etc are all people who have them.

I've been using Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, and Shuri. It doesn't seem like I need Marvel as a second fighter since I've had pretty good luck not dying so I'm gonna replace her with a stronger leadership but when I went looking for Nick Fury I couldn't find him (I guess maybe he needs to be T2?). I might switch Shuri with White Fox since everyone else is using her. I'm probably behind the times with Shuri as my go to.

bagrada posted:

Oh man that sucks. Maybe you've already tried this but turning down graphics to very low helped me a lot, i still got a few hitches on my phone as big abilities triggered but it was a lot easier than with them cranked up.

I have performance down low, but not graphics. I tried that last week with no luck but I've connected 3 times today (didn't come close to beating him the other 2 times) so I seem to be having better luck connecting so I'll probably turn down the graphics today just in case.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Antivenom only heals as a striker. No strikers in GBR. You need a good lead and support, both damage. The best option is Nick Fury leader, and White Fox support for Thor or Coulson support for Jean.

If you're using 2 T3's, you're not going to do enough damage.

Edit: All of the support options need to be T2

Super Edit 2 Turbo: White Fox doesn't work with Jean. She only works as support with Blue Marvel, Nightcrawler, Cap, Spidey, Thor, Cable, War Machine, Colossus, Angel, Arachknight, Agent Venom, Moon Knight, Punisher, Shang-Chi, Ancient One, Iron Heart, Moon Girl, Daredevil, Falcon, Luna, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spidey 2099, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Hyperion, Crescent, White Fox, Sharon Rogers, and Miles Morales.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 17, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I need to just stop and reread everyone. I haven't paid close attention to the support stuff since I mastered WBU/ New challenge, have to do some new homework.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I thought White Fox’s passive applied to the leader, whoever that is.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
No, leadership is an actual ability. If you click on a character and go to details, only the people who have the "Leadership" tag on the bottom left get her bonus.

You know, characters known for their leadership, like Punisher and Miles, but not characters like Black Bolt or Cyclops because

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't have T2 Fury or White Fox. I do have T2 Coulson and Shuri though. T2 Carol at 62. T2 Reed at 61.

Which ability tells you what their support does? Leadership? Passive?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i really really wanted silver surfer and i will never get silver surfer and i think i am at peace with that

the more i read this thread the better I feel about this

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Also, I keep getting kicked from lobbies, so I must not meet the whale standards of the lobby creators.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

I don't have T2 Fury or White Fox. I do have T2 Coulson and Shuri though. T2 Carol at 62. T2 Reed at 61.

Which ability tells you what their support does? Leadership? Passive?

The skills section will tell you what their passives are and who they apply to.

Also, add LongThickRichard and post your name so I know who to add. I'll carry you through it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bobmcdynamite posted:

No, leadership is an actual ability. If you click on a character and go to details, only the people who have the "Leadership" tag on the bottom left get her bonus.

You know, characters known for their leadership, like Punisher and Miles, but not characters like Black Bolt or Cyclops because

Oh Jesus Christ

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

bobmcdynamite posted:

Also, add LongThickRichard and post your name so I know who to add. I'll carry you through it.

Hoping for a carry, IGN: hngkong

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bobmcdynamite posted:

I'm Po Diddly Pants. Thank you!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I keep sending you invites!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bobmcdynamite posted:

I keep sending you invites!

I got one! Thanks for the run - but then I had to go to work. I'll hopefully be able to hop on a bit later. I have 4 Surfer bios! I'll see if I can add more boost next time!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there a good counter for Quicksilver? Because it seems like all he has to do is that cyclone super speed thing and all I can do is sit and watch it trash my PVP team.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Spider-Man & 2099, Cap with his latest costume, Captain Marvel if you use the 4th skill, and Quicksilver usually can't kill Wolverine before Wolverine sneaks in enough hits.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spidey's webbing helps. Cap's 3 skill tends to bust through.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thanks for the head's up on Cap - I'd forgotten I had him at T2. I gave him an immune to Web Custom Gear so we'll see.

The second fight in Wave's Heroic Quest (against Molten Man) kind of kicked my butt for a while. It was striking a balance between playing it smart and avoiding his stuff and thus time runs out or go HAM and step in lava and die. (Also I'm just bad at video games.)

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Is Imemnok someone from here? They applied to Doctor Goons and I could have sworn that they used to be with us because I recognize the name but they didn't post anything.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bobmcdynamite posted:

Is Imemnok someone from here? They applied to Doctor Goons and I could have sworn that they used to be with us because I recognize the name but they didn't post anything.

Yeah that's me, I mentioned something in the discord earlier but hadn't posted here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally finished the Rise of the X-Men and got Wolverine to Tier 2. Now I just need to do it five more times to get Jean! Ha, ha... ha.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So somehow I got an Odin's Blessing: Will.

Who should I attach it to? Any specific gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

So somehow I got an Odin's Blessing: Will.

Who should I attach it to? Any specific gear?

Will is physical damage + skill cooldown right? You can attach 1 odin's blessing per gear so in theory you need 4 to max out a character. I don't know enough about stats and urus to say for sure, but I'd take a look at my t3 phys chars and any t2s that I'm building that way and would see if anyone of them want the cooldown. I think the scd cap is 50% between your chars stats and your comic card bonuses.

The stats on the blessing don't seem big enough to make an unusable char usable, and I don't think it matters which slot you throw it in.

I got a Heal blessing (hp + hp) from a 29 ebony maw but haven't seen any others. I'll probably throw it on Mr Fantastic since he's my squishiest T3 at the moment. He'd probably get any Will blessings I get too since Cap feels fast enough without it to me.