Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think after I finish my Blue Lions run I'm gonna finally send my joycons in to fix the drift and put the Deer and Church runs on the backburner until Lunatic comes out. Game is very fun but yeah I think now that my characters have much better stat growths, the game's super easy. In my Edel playthrough, pretty much all of my original units had dumpster stats and so I had to replace them with other poached units, who had a lot of sub-optimal skill growth and no class mastery skills. Now that all my units have STR/SPD that are about the same as their level they're annihilating everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I hope that they change plans and release Lunatic in october (which according to the eshop has no free update planned) instead of december (the first of the 2 free updates).

NG+ provides a lot more power than I expected and I wouldn't mind trying it out but also I dont want to wait until december. Lunatic would pair well with what the october wave of dlc offers, too (auxillary battles and items)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Toad King posted:

Has anyone made a supercut of all the voice lines of characters imitating/mocking another character? I just found out even Raphael does it in a support so I can only imagine basically everyone does at this point.

Yes, everyone does it at some point. My first instance was Edelgard mocking Fernie

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do paralogues expire? I'm in month 11 and there are suddenly three available for Byleth, Felix, and Ignatz + Raphael. I was hoping to do do a bunch of exploring this month.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Do paralogues expire? I'm in month 11 and there are suddenly three available for Byleth, Felix, and Ignatz + Raphael. I was hoping to do do a bunch of exploring this month.

there's a date in green text that says it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

No loving joke, the first fish in the "catch the biggest fish quest" I got was, in fact, the biggest.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

They should say "available until X/XX" on the battle select screen. I think 2/22 is the last day for all the part 1 paralogues.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I know it’s fire emblem, and it always driven me batty, but my godddddddd I wish I could organize the inventory. It’s by remaining durability I think, but boy it chaps my rear end.

And also I wish I could restack items. NOBODY WANTS JUST ONE VULNEARY YOU STUPID GAME.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gruckles posted:

They should say "available until X/XX" on the battle select screen. I think 2/22 is the last day for all the part 1 paralogues.

All but Hilda's, the deadline of which extends into part 2 (because you might not recruit her until March in the church route), and Sothis's, which expires at the end of January for plot reasons.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I know it’s fire emblem, and it always driven me batty, but my godddddddd I wish I could organize the inventory. It’s by remaining durability I think, but boy it chaps my rear end.

And also I wish I could restack items. NOBODY WANTS JUST ONE VULNEARY YOU STUPID GAME.

I don't remember inventory management being so annoying in the previous games. I don't know why they do this in three houses

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's never been good. I remember it being not-so-bad in awakening but basically all these games are menu slogs

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

iospace posted:

No loving joke, the first fish in the "catch the biggest fish quest" I got was, in fact, the biggest.
I've never not caught the winning fish immediately
kinda cheapens the idea of it being a fishing tournament, imo :shrug:

although, it is kind of cute that Seteth organizes an entire fishing tournament because Flayn wants a big fish to eat and he knows for a fact that he's garbage at fishing*

*in Leonie's supports with him, he says "yeah I have no idea how to bait my fishing hook or what bait to use even, my wife did that part, I just like sitting on the dock"

e: related
https://twitter.com/Velahka/status/1159488016328478722

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 17, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Seteth is cool and i really like his supports, i always use him over cyril cuz gently caress that kid

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I paired up Seteth and Hilda because I was curious how the heck that was going to work out and it turns out its very cute but I'm kind of disappointed it didn't end with him telling her that Flayn is his daughter

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Awakening & Fates had options to dump everything into the convoy & to auto equip your entire army, as well as I think the ability to just use a consumable straight from it on a person of your choice.

I can't remember all the options Echoes had since convoy management wasn't as big a deal there, but I a pretty sure the consumable part was still there.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Seteth is very good and cool.

The teachers and knights are just as well developed as the students and it's really great.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
So, fun fact.
Edelgard shares a voice actress with Zero from Drakengard
https://twitter.com/volascia/status/1154809270916902912

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Seteth is very good and cool.

The teachers and knights are just as well developed as the students and it's really great.

Seteth and Flayn are great. I do kinda wanna do a non El run just to use the students I like but had to bench cause they weren't my Eagles but I don't know how to approach it. Maybe I'll just do a MAXIMUM tragedy run where I don't recruit anyone from the Eagles at least. I'd do Lions since...I've already used everyone I like in the Deer to death. It's non canon to me so going all in on the sadness at least works for that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
does Marianne ever become likable? I'm on chapter six, seen around 10-12 supports, and she's like if you took all the endearing qualities away from Bernie. Debbie Downer on a hundred thousand trillion

also I'll never like Seteth because he's with the Church and even though I'm fighting Ultimo Emperor Edelgard this run it's just to protect as many of my wonderful students as I can, I still hate him and Rhea. and Catherine for that matter. Flayn is aiight

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eimi posted:

Seteth and Flayn are great. I do kinda wanna do a non El run just to use the students I like but had to bench cause they weren't my Eagles but I don't know how to approach it. Maybe I'll just do a MAXIMUM tragedy run where I don't recruit anyone from the Eagles at least. I'd do Lions since...I've already used everyone I like in the Deer to death. It's non canon to me so going all in on the sadness at least works for that.

Just play whichever one seems more fun. If you like the Deer maybe do a Deer run so you can see how your pals interact with Claude and Hilda and see what they're like in a story more about them.

E:

indigi posted:

also I'll never like Seteth because he's with the Church and even though I'm fighting Ultimo Emperor Edelgard this run it's just to protect as many of my wonderful students as I can, I still hate him and Rhea. and Catherine for that matter. Flayn is aiight

Seteth rules and Catherine is maybe my favourite character in the game. You should totally try using them!!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

indigi posted:

does Marianne ever become likable? I'm on chapter six, seen around 10-12 supports, and she's like if you took all the endearing qualities away from Bernie. Debbie Downer on a hundred thousand trillion

ouch

seriously though you help her resolve her issues post-timeskip especially with her paralogue where she finds peace after something

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

indigi posted:

I'm sorry you neg the suicidal

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

indigi posted:

Seteth is the most complicated member of the church, and you learn more about him in some routes. You'll fight against him in the anti-church route, but if you do the Blue Lions and do some of his supports, you learn that he has begun to have doubts about Rhea and the church, which is interesting considering some of the history of the church. Also Marianne has her own paralogue where you learn what Her Deal is and it makes much more sense when you play it, and again combined with her supports make her really a really sad character.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm about at the end of Golden Deer (over 120 hours in - boy, I've really taken this slow, haven't I) and I think Catherine has never not been the strongest fighter in my army. Other characters with things like mounts or magic have more utility, but as melee infantry nobody comes close.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Catherine's deal is to hit every enemy 4 times but they always die after 2. She's so good.

I wish I could make her a War Master though.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

End game spoilers / whining:

Just finished Edel’s route and while it was satisfying and I was definitely ready to be done with game after 67 hours I felt like the whole “and they lived happily ever after and defeated the REAL bad guys later” was pretty lame but whatever maybe it’s sequel fodder? Then I watched some YouTube cutscene compilations / read text summaries of the other routes.

What the gently caress my dudes? The Golden Deer are the only path that actually get to fight Thales / etc AND Nemesis? If anyone it should be Edel’s, but how is that not the endgame for all routes?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Iverron posted:

End game spoilers / whining:

Just finished Edel’s route and while it was satisfying and I was definitely ready to be done with game after 67 hours I felt like the whole “and they lived happily ever after and defeated the REAL bad guys later” was pretty lame but whatever maybe it’s sequel fodder? Then I watched some YouTube cutscene compilations / read text summaries of the other routes.

What the gently caress my dudes? The Golden Deer are the only path that actually get to fight Thales / etc AND Nemesis? If anyone it should be Edel’s, but how is that not the endgame for all routes?

If you go to the spoiler thread, pretty much everyone has echoed these complaints. I floated the theory that Edel's route was the last one added into the game, really late into development, and should have probably been locked behind a NG+. The whole thing feels sort of half-baked when you consider how much relevant info the game doesn't give you. It's not like some of the other routes where info is hidden as part of the bigger mystery to uncover, it just feels like the game didn't bother to tell you certain things because then, story-wise, it would feel too similar to Golden Deer.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just play whichever one seems more fun. If you like the Deer maybe do a Deer run so you can see how your pals interact with Claude and Hilda and see what they're like in a story more about them.

If I have to kill my wife no one gets a happy ending. :argh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

swear to god NG+ is loving with me by having byleth and ashe and dedue be the only ones with decent stats this time around

lysithea is -1.4 on her magic average even with a spirit dust and now she's about even for speed

also dimitri is still slow as poo poo and annette only ever gets 2 stat levels and ingrid of all people is turning out really slow

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

did you know that if you hit + while in the monastery you zoom in for an over the shoulder camera view?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Carlosologist posted:

did you know that if you hit + while in the monastery you zoom in for an over the shoulder camera view?

You can do it in battle too.

Its uh exactly as pointless as it seems

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

swear to god NG+ is loving with me by having byleth and ashe and dedue be the only ones with decent stats this time around

lysithea is -1.4 on her magic average even with a spirit dust and now she's about even for speed

also dimitri is still slow as poo poo and annette only ever gets 2 stat levels and ingrid of all people is turning out really slow

Stat growths are really buckwild in this game and the effects are significant. My first run was so much more difficult than my current one mostly because of my terrible stat gains - it wasn't uncommon to have units with 30 or less stat points than ones I recruited who are the same level.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

someone on reddit drew this thing, it's very good.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Stat growths are really buckwild in this game and the effects are significant. My first run was so much more difficult than my current one mostly because of my terrible stat gains - it wasn't uncommon to have units with 30 or less stat points than ones I recruited who are the same level.

yeah like i get that growths in this game skew middling overall but still it stings to see someone miss a 60-70% magic growth so much or whatnot

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

someone on reddit drew this thing, it's very good.

All the details are incredible. Especially Sylvain being thrown out and poor Byleth trying to calm Manuela.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

yeah like i get that growths in this game skew middling overall but still it stings to see someone miss a 60-70% magic growth so much or whatnot

Guess the game's telling you to use Hanneman. And like Hanneman's cool so that's solid.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Guess the game's telling you to use Hanneman. And like Hanneman's cool so that's solid.

yeah he's coming along for the ride once i can actually recruit him, because someone in this blue lions run has to be able to cure lysithea's crest cancer :v:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

indigi posted:

But Bernie has no endearing qualities :confused:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Goddamn Dorothea is such a fantastically written character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

not a bot posted:

But Bernie has no endearing qualities :confused:

mods?!