Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

no offense but I think "nothing matters" is a bad way to put this imo

the best way I heard it described is: when you're 30 or below, you want people to think highly of you. 30-45, you stop caring what people think. 45+ you realize they weren't thinking about you at all.

obvo age ranges vary but I found that comforting for some reason

Below 30:

45+:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I had to miss my interview today because I didn't realize I was scheduled

Then the one I did last week turned me down

A buddy told me.abojt lambda school, though, 40 week online coding class Thing, 0 dollars upfront, they just get a cut of your check for two years once you're making over 50k, and they're supposed to have good placement

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1162461747699167232?s=19

https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1162461878376943616?s=19

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bring back old gbs posted:

i don't know.

i like when people include me in things, but my absolute favourite thing in the world is cancelling those plans the morning of and sitting around all day doing gently caress all except coming up with reasons why nobody will miss me anyways and actually it was probably a pity invite in the first place so \_(ツ)_/

I do this too, and it's the worst feeling. You have to muscle through and go, but if you don't have pills Idk how you would get over your anxiety.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wish there was a mental health/addiction cleaning service industry or charity. It can be so overwhelming a task to clean your apartment when you're in recovery, or when your own home is helping trigger the same brain problems that preclude you from cleaning it. If you don't have the friends/family to help it can become a really bad cycle, particularly if you're worried about getting evicted.

I've gone through periods of addiction that would have been just.. enormously helped in that way.

I'm going to give this more thought. There are crime scene/hoarder cleaning services, it's not unthinkable that people would take on the job. Maybe it could be made a thing.

Edit: a more thorough googling shows a couple exist in the UK and US, which is cool, though they seem to be geared towards the more well to do, and still very rare. It still feels like something that could help a lot of struggling people.

AARD VARKMAN has issued a correction as of 02:12 on Aug 17, 2019

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

How do I find a therapist who is reasonably pessimistic/realistic and/or of the Marxist-Therapist persuasion

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I hope everyone is doing okay this weekend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

How do I find a therapist who is reasonably pessimistic/realistic and/or of the Marxist-Therapist persuasion
Psychology Today has a database you can search by a bunch of criteria.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 07:38 on Aug 30, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Folks we live in a very normal society where im trying to figure out how to do a coding bootcamp thing and still pay bills and finding a job that I can do that will let me live that will work around school is so demoralizing im about to launch a GoFundMe to raise money for my bills

Absolute fuckin insanity

Im loving sick of this nightmare realm

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Learning that no one actually gives a gently caress about you pretty much cured me of my severe anxiety. I used to have trouble paying at cashiers and stuff like that.

yeah this is a very pro move for social anxiety, i've basically stopped giving a poo poo about my appearance

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Consummate Professional posted:

:same:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Consummate Professional posted:

Lol no everything sucks and im giving up

I can't get a job I would be perfect for because im too fuckin autistic to get past a culture interview

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
anemic

apparently I hosed up my diet when I moved and ran myself out of iron, Ill probably have to put dead cow flesh in my mouth now :smith:

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Chokes McGee posted:

anemic

apparently I hosed up my diet when I moved and ran myself out of iron, Ill probably have to put dead cow flesh in my mouth now :smith:

Supplements aren't good enough?

I'm sorry :(

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

turn off the TV posted:

yeah this is a very pro move for social anxiety, i've basically stopped giving a poo poo about my appearance

please wash

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pre-op bebop posted:

Supplements aren't good enough?

I'm sorry :(

uncertain. the real issue is I eat like poo poo and need to be an adult and eat more spinach lentils garbanzo beans etc

I just woofed down like 1500 calories of high iron Indian food and feel a million times better so

yeah

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Lol no everything sucks and im giving up

I can't get a job I would be perfect for because im too fuckin autistic to get past a culture interview

Do you have an actual diagnosis? I dont know how serious youre being but if you have aspergers/autism your city or state May have a disability employment aid program you can take advantage of and remove the obstacle of people expecting you to be normative

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I itched until 2 giant gaping sores appeared in my stomach, it's a side effect that of the medicine, im just bleeding from holes I scratched into myself like a worshipper of nurgle or poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

Do you have an actual diagnosis? I don’t know how serious you’re being but if you have aspergers/autism your city or state May have a disability employment aid program you can take advantage of and remove the obstacle of people expecting you to be normative

Sure do

There's an agency that helps but I dispair their ability to find me actual gainful employment

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Sure do

There's an agency that helps but I dispair their ability to find me actual gainful employment

cant hurt to try! :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Turtlicious posted:

I itched until 2 giant gaping sores appeared in my stomach, it's a side effect that of the medicine, im just bleeding from holes I scratched into myself like a worshipper of nurgle or poo poo.

:stonk:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That's bad rear end, but also please stop and go to a doctor

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

can’t hurt to try! :)

I have an appointment with them Monday that I have to reschedule, so tht they can get me in touch with the people who actually do it

It's so loving stupid

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

learn how to pilot a drone

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

wrong thread. Apologies

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Agent Penis posted:

wrong thread. Apologies

whoopsy doodle

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Agent Penis posted:

\

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Agent Penis posted:

I have a little drone and it's actually fun and relaxing to fly it around in the park, until I gently caress up and it goes too high and the wind carries it over the highway again

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

My new pdoc is continuing my taper from effexor into prozac and added another anti PTSD nightmare med and I forgot how Fun med transitions are. Emotionally labile as gently caress over here

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I feel like poo poo and everything feels hopeless and im focusing on making it to my next therapy appointment Wednesday but then my therapist out of town the week after and idk how im going to make it two weeks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i have a doctors appointment on wednesday so i can get a refill on my brain pills. the appointments really ramp up my anxiety and ideation. i just want to continue to take the pills ive taken for years, dammit

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

i have a doctors appointment on wednesday so i can get a refill on my brain pills. the appointments really ramp up my anxiety and ideation. i just want to continue to take the pills ive taken for years, dammit

if its anything like mine, its probably going to be how ya been? good? great see you in 6 months

still understand the anxiety though :ohdear:

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

Eat This Glob posted:

Yeah I hate this poo poo. I've been on the same dose of zoloft literally my entire adult life, I dont want to spend even 5 minutes w the guy who spends half the appointment needling me about not being married yet (????) Just click the refill button dude

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

if i call in a refill for prescription and don't have any left my pharmacy will just call my doctor and request one

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone i can pm right now?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

anyone i can pm right now?

can you be more specific? dont need hard details here, Im out and about but can trade a few if itll help.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
update: my dad is keeping us hostage because he thinks if we left and went to a shelter the state would take my daughter away (???). he has hardcore boomer brain and thinks that being employed and having a mortgage is the number one factor in being a Good Dad. its gotten to the point where i wish my parents are dead so i can finally be free of them.

i wasnt being hyperbolic when i said they are trying to get me to kill myself but i'd really rather not do that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

update: my dad is keeping us hostage because he thinks if we left and went to a shelter the state would take my daughter away (???). he has hardcore boomer brain and thinks that being employed and having a mortgage is the number one factor in being a Good Dad. its gotten to the point where i wish my parents are dead so i can finally be free of them.

i wasnt being hyperbolic when i said they are trying to get me to kill myself but i'd really rather not do that.

I dont know how much I can help, but my pms are open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
naw i know, i just need a void to holler into and cspam has always been there for me