Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Looking forward to the Nintendo Indie direct tomorrow, here’s hoping for some nice surprises!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

So far Three Houses has been doing a good job presenting each route as "valid" from their point of view, no "for the evulz" excuses. But good luck playing 150 hours to get all the context from everyone (I'm at 95 with one route and a half).

I'm really enjoying it so far but yeah definitely planning on blitzing through at least two routes on normal casual

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Looper posted:

I'm really enjoying it so far but yeah definitely planning on blitzing through at least two routes on normal casual

There's no need to go normal/casual, NG+ makes things very easy and the bonuses are fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
On the other side of hour count, I'm at about 70 hours just finishing up my 2nd route. It's not long for long's sake, just as long as you want it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tae posted:

On the other side of hour count, I'm at about 70 hours just finishing up my 2nd route. It's not long for long's sake, just as long as you want it.

Are you skipping tea parties (the game)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BisterdDave posted:

Are there any decent visual novels on this thing?

I can personally vouch for Phoenix Wright and VA-11 HALL-A, Steins;Gate is also supposed to be pretty good

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

RandomFerret posted:

I can personally vouch for Phoenix Wright and VA-11 HALL-A, Steins;Gate is also supposed to be pretty good

It's hard to oversell VA-11 Hall-A. In a worst case scenario, you still get a :krad: jukebox if you hate the gameplay for some reason. Most importantly, no matter what anybody tells you, playing with scan lines off makes you a filthy heathen.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BisterdDave posted:

Nekopara

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Night In The Woods is pretty much a visual novel.

West of Loathing is a light RPG that has more text than your average visual novel.

…Undertale is half bullet hell game, half visual novel, and some slight RPG elements.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you skipping tea parties (the game)

those last "questions" are such loving bullshit

Petra: "I miss the ocean"

A. Nod
B. Sigh
C. Commend

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

RandomFerret posted:

Just played through VA-11 HALL-A on the Vita recently, can't wait for the follow up game! I guess maybe re-playing through the PW games would be fun, where the hell is the new game anyways?!?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Does each route in Three Houses have its own battles, or are they the same battles with only slight variations?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Argue posted:

Does each route in Three Houses have its own battles, or are they the same battles with only slight variations?

Some are unique, but more are shared.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Took advantage of the GameStop trade in deal, also noticed there was another promo where games you trade in get another 5 bucks added to their value per game over $2. So I also brought a stack of games I no longer care for or had digital versions of anyway and walked out with a new Switch and 51 bucks of credit.

For some reason the clerk was really trying to sell me on the Lite saying that someone will eventually figure out getting video out which... I doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo removed display encoding chips to prevent it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BisterdDave posted:

Like someone else said, Night in the Woods is close. And it's SO loving good

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

For some reason the clerk was really trying to sell me on the Lite saying that someone will eventually figure out getting video out which... I doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo removed display encoding chips to prevent it.

Who needs video out when you can get one of these:

But really, do they have better margins on the Lite? You'd think they'd want to push the more expensive Switch. Or maybe that one clerk really just likes the Lite.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

one of the last indie darlings I've begged for on the Switch apparently is on its way, probably was gonna be revealed Monday but lol

https://twitter.com/itssimontime/status/1162495323580903426?s=20

if you want to give your monies to a great game with great devs (they just launched a publishing support project for indie devs) then this is where your monies should go instead of the assholes at Ion Fury

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-15-superhot-dev-launches-funding-initiative-to-help-indies

I played superhot until the part where you get locked in a cage and told in no uncertain terms to never play the game again so I haven't since cause that was scary

that's my superhot story

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Looking forward to the Nintendo Indie direct tomorrow, here’s hoping for some nice surprises!

Ooh these are exciting because they almost always end with a "And it's releasing TODAY"

I have played a lot of Slay the Spire this year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Al-Saqr posted:

Does persona 5 count as an indie

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Al-Saqr posted:

Like a date :argh:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Anyone played Far: Lone Sails?

Coming to Switch today and looks really neat.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Reality Sinner posted:

Does persona 5 count as an indie

I wish it did, I’d kill for persona 5 to be on switch :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I wish it did, I’d kill for persona 5 to be on switch :(

You'll get a Persona 5 Musou and like it

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

not a bot posted:

Anyone played Far: Lone Sails?

Coming to Switch today and looks really neat.

Kinda reminds me of "Of Mice and Sand", but in an indie way. Curious to see what people think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5ek0mA3FU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Andrast posted:

You'll get a Persona 5 Musou and like it

I mean probably. But I know me and I'll still probably triple dip P5 if they announce a Switch port after Royal drops.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I really can't tell if I'm having fun with master mode in botw or not. It's like there's one difficulty modifier too many, but it also requires more from the player so it's fun in that sense. Like how this one tower was surrounded by silver lizarfos and electric wizzrobes, and I was getting one-shotted by anything that looked at me, so I started a fire on top of a hill nearby and used that and a potion to glide over everything – fun problem solving ! Floating platforms with nifty treasure and one (1) enemy – a fun bonus ! Nearly enemy being silver rank – beyond tedious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Please, Klei... Port Invisible Inc... please... :negative:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I really can't tell if I'm having fun with master mode in botw or not. It's like there's one difficulty modifier too many, but it also requires more from the player so it's fun in that sense. Like how this one tower was surrounded by silver lizarfos and electric wizzrobes, and I was getting one-shotted by anything that looked at me, so I started a fire on top of a hill nearby and used that and a potion to glide over everything – fun problem solving ! Floating platforms with nifty treasure and one (1) enemy – a fun bonus ! Nearly enemy being silver rank – beyond tedious.

When in doubt, always claim you're having fun in zelda, lest the directorate show up at your door for wrongthink.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

a Zelda fans boot stomping on a human face - forever. because the health bar regenerates after like two seconds

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

MechaSeinfeld posted:

a Zelda fans boot stomping on a human face - forever. because the health bar regenerates after like two seconds

Wrong. The bot breaks after 4 stomps.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

KingSlime posted:

I know it was my fault for hovering over that spoiler but I sure wish I hadn't read that. I'm on chapter 3 lol

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm hoping for a release date on World of Horror, haven't heard much about the console ports since they were announced

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

BisterdDave posted:

WanderSong is basically a visual novel with light puzzle platforming and a singing mechanic, and you can and should sing whenever you want to. It's good, more people should play it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I thought I was stretching the definition of "visual novel" by including Phoenix Wright

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

RandomFerret posted:

I thought I was stretching the definition of "visual novel" by including Phoenix Wright

No, you're not, at all.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Phoenix Wright is definitely a visual novel with some adventure game dna spliced in

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/17/20810332/nintendo-switch-upgrade-exchange-program-denial

So apparently they aren't trading systems in?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

predictions/wishlist for Indie Direct:

Killer Queen Black
World Of Horror
SUPERHOT (available NOW)
Jamestown
Return of the Obra Dinn
Synther

Also would be cool if Demon's Tilt was listed as a Coming Soon.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Goooooooooooooose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Groooooooooooooose

(Release skyward sword HD you cowards)