Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
"...yolk of oppression..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

BobbyMoore66 was already taken

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

There will be adequate food*

*No

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I dream of a knife Free Britain and so can you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

for nearly one million years, britain has been victim of the blade—from the acheulean flints knapped by the ancient proto-chavs, to the chainsaws of modern scottish caber-hunters. and today i say, NO MORE

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Captain Splendid posted:

"...yolk of oppression..."

Brexit means cracking the EU egg and separating the yolk of oppression from the perfidious albumen.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BMX Ninja posted:

BORIS: separating the yolk of oppression from the perfidious albumen

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 03:27 on Aug 19, 2019

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
someone opened the brexit box

https://twitter.com/JohnJCrace/status/1163078984554487809

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

brugroffil posted:

*No

freed from the yolk of oppression

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

YOYOYOYO Glastonbury in the HOUSE YEEAAAAAH
It's happyHIPHOPPY here!
Time to rock out with......

Brexit!
No more EU followering,
No more Merkel hollering,
Only Britans ballering.

Sovereign!
We will all be.
From Queen Liz down to you and me.
Making our own rules,
No more from those Brussels tools.

Trade!
Don't want bendy bananas,
for our british nana's.
Only sunshine and freedom,
In our United Kingdom.

Boris!
Leading us to rule the waves again,
No matter how much sweat and pain,
No matter how many seats Labour gain.
Johnson, long live his reign.

Now join in the chorus if you know it!

One world cup and two world wars, do dah, do dah!
One world cup and two world wars, do dah, do dah!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i meant the brandorax box

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Hopexit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im the unused binder rings

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Squizzle posted:

im the unused binder rings

Hello you can call me brexit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hello
it's brexit you're looking for
i can see it in your eyes
i can see it in your smile
chlorine's all I've ever wanted, NHS is open wide

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

brugroffil posted:

*No

Brexit: leaked papers predict food shortages and port delays

Even Mr. Giant Cock's government doesn't believe its own propaganda.

Which is probably a good thing mind you.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Private Speech posted:

Brexit: leaked papers predict food shortages and port delays

Even Mr. Giant Cock's government doesn't believe it's own propaganda.

Which is probabpy a good thing mind you.

that's just project fear

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

is “project fear” a second level cleric spell

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Relevant Tangent posted:

and whatever they're going to call england once the scots secede

Angleburp.

Skidsfirth.

Shpugshire.

Soggsy.

Greater Slough.

Slom.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

whatever they're going to call england once the scots secede

brexit

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Nonsense posted:

I dream of a knife Free Britain and so can you

once food is replaced with rationed servings of gruel there will be no justifiable reason for anyone to own a knife

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lol at the tiny pen

twoday
May 4, 2005

I wonder if there are any brexit food stockpiles from march that haven't been eaten yet

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’ll forever be project fear, even when people are scrambling for food in the shops, the die hard brexiteers will be screaming “project fear” as they snatch the last loaf of bread from a small child in Lidl

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Squizzle posted:

is “project fear” a second level cleric spell

Yes, along with

Farage Image - This magic creates 2-8 duplicates which repeat the soundbites of Nigel Farage, allowing his message to be broadcast simultaneously on multiple media outlets. Opponents must destroy the illusions with a milkshake+2 or higher before they can harm the caster.

Minor Gove of Invulnerability - Surrounds the caster with an impervious sphere that protects him from cabinet reshuffles regardless of how badly he has hosed up his previous post.

Gammonskin - Renders the caster immune to all logic/reason-based persuasions, even if the caster would ultimately benefit from hearing them. Caster suffers a permanent -2 CHA hit.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mods plz

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

for nearly one million years, britain has been victim of the blade—from the acheulean flints knapped by the ancient proto-chavs, to the chainsaws of modern scottish caber-hunters. and today i say, NO MORE

when you were at busy partying i studied the blade. when you were having premarital sex i was cashing cheques and breaking necks. and while you wasted your days at the gym i conquered the corporate game. and now that the ethnics are at the chicken shop you have the audacity to ask me for a marketing campaign?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BMX Ninja posted:

Yes, along with

Farage Image - This magic creates 2-8 duplicates which repeat the soundbites of Nigel Farage, allowing his message to be broadcast simultaneously on multiple media outlets. Opponents must destroy the illusions with a milkshake+2 or higher before they can harm the caster.

Minor Gove of Invulnerability - Surrounds the caster with an impervious sphere that protects him from cabinet reshuffles regardless of how badly he has hosed up his previous post.

Gammonskin - Renders the caster immune to all logic/reason-based persuasions, even if the caster would ultimately benefit from hearing them. Caster suffers a permanent -2 CHA hit.

I see you too play Borders & Brexits

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

twoday posted:

I wonder if there are any brexit food stockpiles from march that haven't been eaten yet

lol if you don’t have a year’s supply of long life foods, general goods and tins under your stairs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the brandorax box can no longer be closed

https://twitter.com/WJames_Reuters/status/1163369451623997440

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bryter posted:

This is basically that Mitchell and Webb "Have we tried just killing the poor?" sketch with 1 degree of abstraction.

https://twitter.com/TheSundayMirror/status/1162820838430785536?s=19

Bonus: it's a proposal from a think tank called the "Centre for Social Justice"

Oh cool so I'm definitely never retiring.

New plan: drop dead in the middle of work in some way that causes massive inconvenience and trauma for everyone around me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

alphabettitouretti posted:

Oh cool so I'm definitely never retiring.

New plan: drop dead in the middle of work in some way that causes massive inconvenience and trauma for everyone around me.

Mass suicide in Parliament Square because it's preferable to working until 87

In 2010 the retirement age for women was 60. By the time my mam was retirement age it was 62 1/2. She differed for 5 years because her job she enjoyed and it was less than 5 minutes walk away and then got offered a lump sum of £30k. For her state pension. Despite working part time for the last 26 years.

Meanwhile the retirement age is 66 for men and women. 75 by 2035. No loving way that doesn't keep rising, by the time I'm 65 in 2049 retirement will probably be hire than the average life expectancy.

forkboy84 has issued a correction as of 10:28 on Aug 19, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The grossest part is the cunts trying to argue actually working until your in your mid 70s will keep people healthy and active. Aye, right. Sitting on your arse for 8.5 hours a day in some soulcrushing bullshit call centre is going to keep you active.

Never seen a call centre that wasn't fatter than the average population

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

technically isn’t it the box that gets the chauffeured car with security, the minister only gets to join the ride because he’s holding it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
same but i think as the new retirement age gets more press its going to be as disastrous for boris as the dementia tax was for may

https://twitter.com/ByrneLan/status/1163193734470782976?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3-4 day working week would be really cool if it somehow didn’t lead to literally everybody needing 2 jobs to make ends meet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
extremely normal from a potential MP

https://twitter.com/BrexitParty_DS/status/1162648367308128256?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m not sure he knows what treason is

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

One minor thing I wondered: Does the role of Leader of the Opposition connect in any way with the fair reporting rules before an election? Suppose Corbyn and the Melts crown some 80 year old with advanced dementia to be PM button presser: Pfeffel would be LOTO. Could the BBC then get away with giving all Labour air time to the interim PM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

technically isn’t it the box that gets the chauffeured car with security, the minister only gets to join the ride because he’s holding it