Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just gild a mote amp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Decided to try this game again and I was greeted with a "banned until 2035" message when I finally logged in.

Oh well. Support ticket open.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gorefiend posted:

Decided to try this game again and I was greeted with a "banned until 2035" message when I finally logged in.

Oh well. Support ticket open.

They do this for accounts that have been inactive for a long time to minimize the impact of hackers. Support might take a little bit, but they'll definitely take care of it.

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005
Im getting my Nyx Prime tonight, any hints for a fun/useful way to build her? Been ages since I used my regular nyx and I kind of forgot what she does in the meantime.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So I've not played in a couple years and just decided to give it a go again. Wondering if there is anything important to know, in terms of must do things I might easily overlook.

I was checking out the open world place on earth and is seems everyone can get around a lot faster than I can, and I feel like I am missing something.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Shitbreak posted:

Im getting my Nyx Prime tonight, any hints for a fun/useful way to build her? Been ages since I used my regular nyx and I kind of forgot what she does in the meantime.

You level Nyx Prime to 30 one time in NSO then you shelve her forever to maximize your fun in Nyx Prime

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Rakeris posted:

So I've not played in a couple years and just decided to give it a go again. Wondering if there is anything important to know, in terms of must do things I might easily overlook.

I was checking out the open world place on earth and is seems everyone can get around a lot faster than I can, and I feel like I am missing something.

What MR are you? Do you remember around which time/progression in the game you stopped?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rakeris posted:

There's a gear item called Archwing Launcher.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archwing_Launcher

If you use it, you get in your archwing. The archwing, Itzal, is incredibly, stupendously fast. A range built Nova is about the only competitor.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Rakeris : Yes, lots. Like, where to even start? If you come across weird things do consider checking the wiki or asking in clan or discord. Also probably want to double check if any of your frames have had their powers reworked.

For Plains/Vallis movement there are two easy/common options :-
Archwing Launcher : Build Archwing Launcher Segment then an Archwing Launcher, put it on your gear wheel, get to space harrier in the open world. For farming Iradite/gronkul go into a Level5 bounty on Cetus to set the enemy level of the whole place high, ignore the bounty if you want (failing bounties does not strip your loot like a mission, or kick you from the map). Then look for the things. Gronkul is mostly in camps. Iradite is reddish breakable rocks. both appear on loot radar.
K--Drive. : Go to fortuna, do the quests, get a hoverboard. It's not as fast, but is there and fun.
People might also be using frame powers, or spoiler mode dashing.

Holding M on the open world calls up a big fixed map you can right click to put waypoints on.
Gear wheel is infinite but only the first 12 slots are hotkeyable.
You can equip 4 dragon keys at once if you want to solo vault runs for corrupted mods.
Lots of the UI is new and weird.
If you have beaten The War Within, there is a place you should go on Cetus and enter spoiler mode. If you haven't you should probably focus on getting TWW beaten first.
Alerts are gone, Nightwave is like Destiny's bounties kinda. It's where you can get helmets and nitain (and auras and the old alert blueprints).
If you didn't have the junctions and specters when you last played, you should go and beat all of those even though you have the planets unlocked.
Pets don't die from neglect and stasis timers are gone (still takes like 30 seconds of menuing to change them though.)
Cetus and Fortuna reps have a daily cap like (but not shared with) other Syndicates. So start grinding early. Bounties tend to give relics for the current Prime Access or similar.

That enough to be getting on with?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Shitbreak posted:

I wrote a thoughtful effortpost about this and then my lovely phone ate it so instead enjoy this link to my current build and these hastily assembled tips:

-I used primed and umbral mods but that's just because I'm fancy, you really don't have to

-strength of at least 129% gives you maximized mind bolts for totally stripping armor and shields, any more is unnecessary

-don't minmax since going overboard with range and duration doesn't help as much as you'd think in practice, Fleeting Expertise and balanced stats give you more mileage

-reducing casting speed is super important since she's a very reactive caster, and it lets you get the most out of her powers (more time to amp up mind control, instant chaoses)

-important: there's a brief delay when you uncast absorb between when your invincibility cuts out and when your aoe pops / you regain control - this leaves you open to an instant death. Assimilate + super low cast speed means you can cast chaos and then instantly uncast absorb, since you have a much faster recovery from absorb and large window where the enemies are stunned

She's a lot of fun if you just constantly hammer on her powers and keep the enemies confused and stripped of defenses and killing each other

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WebDO posted:

You level Nyx Prime to 30 one time in NSO then you shelve her forever to maximize your fun in Nyx Prime

I really hate to agree but yeah.
She's cool if you want to have a dance party on DEF or survival but, much like Vauban, she's outclassed.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Now, if fracking ever gets rewards again, maybe I'll have to try and Nyx it out of spite.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Tylana posted:

Rakeris : Yes, lots. Like, where to even start? If you come across weird things do consider checking the wiki or asking in clan or discord. Also probably want to double check if any of your frames have had their powers reworked.

For Plains/Vallis movement there are two easy/common options :-
Archwing Launcher : Build Archwing Launcher Segment then an Archwing Launcher, put it on your gear wheel, get to space harrier in the open world. For farming Iradite/gronkul go into a Level5 bounty on Cetus to set the enemy level of the whole place high, ignore the bounty if you want (failing bounties does not strip your loot like a mission, or kick you from the map). Then look for the things. Gronkul is mostly in camps. Iradite is reddish breakable rocks. both appear on loot radar.
K--Drive. : Go to fortuna, do the quests, get a hoverboard. It's not as fast, but is there and fun.
People might also be using frame powers, or spoiler mode dashing.

Holding M on the open world calls up a big fixed map you can right click to put waypoints on.
Gear wheel is infinite but only the first 12 slots are hotkeyable.
You can equip 4 dragon keys at once if you want to solo vault runs for corrupted mods.
Lots of the UI is new and weird.
If you have beaten The War Within, there is a place you should go on Cetus and enter spoiler mode. If you haven't you should probably focus on getting TWW beaten first.
Alerts are gone, Nightwave is like Destiny's bounties kinda. It's where you can get helmets and nitain (and auras and the old alert blueprints).
If you didn't have the junctions and specters when you last played, you should go and beat all of those even though you have the planets unlocked.
Pets don't die from neglect and stasis timers are gone (still takes like 30 seconds of menuing to change them though.)
Cetus and Fortuna reps have a daily cap like (but not shared with) other Syndicates. So start grinding early. Bounties tend to give relics for the current Prime Access or similar.

That enough to be getting on with?

Wow, yeah that helps a lot, thanks! Big map is nice and way pointing it is awesome! Not sure if I have done war within, sounds familer though, what is spoiler mode? Nightwave bounties seem interesting I think I like it from first glance over alerts. I have some pets but they are in eggs or stasis or something not bothered to figure that out yet and just been using carrier prime as I think that was the only good one when I last played.

Ritznit posted:

What MR are you? Do you remember around which time/progression in the game you stopped?
I'm MR15 atm.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I really hate to agree but yeah.
She's cool if you want to have a dance party on DEF or survival but, much like Vauban, she's outclassed.

Vauban isn't good anymore? Man I used to love him for freezing massive areas and stuff, who is better for that kind of thing now?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Rakeris posted:

Not sure if I have done war within, sounds familer though, what is spoiler mode?

Spoiler mode is a spoiler. Go check your codex to see what quests you've done. Second Dream and The War Within deal with spoiler mode, and are required in order to access end game content.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Rakeris posted:

Vauban isn't good anymore? Man I used to love him for freezing massive areas and stuff, who is better for that kind of thing now?

He is still great at that. But other frames can make all the enemies dead instead.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Rakeris posted:

Khora and Gara.

Photosyphilis
Jul 17, 2014

Science rules!

Rakeris posted:

Limbo does that job better, more efficiently, and has utility beyond that one particular thing. (Unfortunately)

Photosyphilis fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 18, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

WebDO posted:

giving this political statement four pinocchios

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Avulsion posted:

Spoiler mode is a spoiler. Go check your codex to see what quests you've done. Second Dream and The War Within deal with spoiler mode, and are required in order to access end game content.

Another note: the Plains of Eidolon change a lot between (in-game) day and night. If you check your codex's quests tab and Second Dream and War Within aren't marked as cleared, you may not want to spend too much time on the plains at night. There are some problems out there at night that won't roll you, but which you're not yet equipped to rid yourself of. Once you've got those quests down, you're A-OK for night strolls.

Meanwhile, when exploring in the daytime, bring at least one weapon that's good at long range. The Grineer brought two-thirds of their army's air bikes to Earth and want to ride and harrass Tenno from above all day long.

Not really any such necessary warnings for the Orb Vallis open world on Venus, go wild. There are a couple of dangers to skirt but they're going to be very, very obvious.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Hey folks, I forced myself to take a break because I was falling too hard into the grind but I want to dive back in for a while, did the game get turned on its head with whatever happened after the Potatolyst or is it still the same loop? Seems like the mechanics are mostly the same, going by Tylana's post.

Did we ever get the rail jacks? :(

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The core of the game is basically a content highway where the more of it you do, the better you get at doing it. While they've surprised us in the past with like the movement changes and some pretty significant ability overhauls, the basic structure is unlikely to change at all, given that doing so would likely lose most of their playerbase (and their model is pretty focused on veterans) and have very low chance of drawing in nearly enough new players to make up for it. The ropalolyst is at this point basically just another, very annoying, boss fight.

Also Railjack is, at this point, not near release.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rakeris posted:

If nothing else, Frost is better at defense since Snowglobe blocks projectiles, is "permanent" and can be augmented to freeze melee fools.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

railjack is estimated like 2-3 months away

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Berke Negri posted:

railjack is estimated like 2-3 months away

yeah it's definitely not some distant thing, it and the duviri paradox are lined up for fall to late december

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Samuringa posted:

Hey folks, I forced myself to take a break because I was falling too hard into the grind but I want to dive back in for a while, did the game get turned on its head with whatever happened after the Potatolyst or is it still the same loop? Seems like the mechanics are mostly the same, going by Tylana's post.

Did we ever get the rail jacks? :(
Ropalolyst was the last major content update, so yea nothing's really changed. End of August will see a mainline patch with a new frame and expanded Disruption gamemode (and, most importantly, playable Shawzin), New War isn't happening til like christmas, railjack is probably early next year or something, Melee 3.0 doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon

basically nothing big is happening just yet 'cause DE were a little too ambitious in working on 2 huge content megaupdates simultaneously

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Terry van Feleday posted:

Ropalolyst was the last major content update, so yea nothing's really changed. End of August will see a mainline patch with a new frame and expanded Disruption gamemode (and, most importantly, playable Shawzin), New War isn't happening til like christmas, railjack is probably early next year or something, Melee 3.0 doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon

basically nothing big is happening just yet 'cause DE were a little too ambitious in working on 2 huge content megaupdates simultaneously

Aw, I thought at least The New War would have dropped. Shame.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
lol I failed the MR8 test twice now who wants to come to my house and do it for me lol :suicide:

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

BrianWilly posted:

lol I failed the MR8 test twice now who wants to come to my house and do it for me lol :suicide:
In case you weren't aware, you can practice tests from Cephalon Smilaris' room in any relay before doing them for real! There's a little side corridor with nooks for every test.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I did know! but I forgot

There's a lot of things in this game :confuoot:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah it's definitely not some distant thing, it and the duviri paradox are lined up for fall to late december

duviri is next year i think, as its been stated we're not getting a new open world this winter

new war is supposed to be ~christmas tho

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

BrianWilly posted:

I did know! but I forgot

There's a lot of things in this game :confuoot:

yeop, and you'll still be learning them for years

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Somehow while farming ducats yesterday I got all the pieces of Chroma Prime. Pretty happy about that, I haven't even gotten the Saryn piece I need to finish building regular Chroma yet :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Berke Negri posted:

duviri is next year i think, as its been stated we're not getting a new open world this winter

new war is supposed to be ~christmas tho

yeah for some reason my brain conflated duviri and the new war. not sure why. but yeah we got stuff coming up. which, thank god, because i'm only begrudgingly logging in to do night wave stuff until i hit 30 right now.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nyx is hellaciously fun and has been one of my new faves for a bit now. You want a lot of range to catch as many people as possible with your Chaos. You definitely want the Assimilate mod for when you really need to be in your 4, but do not build for just being stuck in your bubble all the time, it's boring as sin. However it is effective to slap on your 4 and just park your rear end on a Defense target if you really need to take a piss or something.

Now your big question is your 1. You've got two general options for mind control targets.

1. The biggest bitch in the hard with the highest damage. Bombards, Nox, Heavy Gunner, etc. Grab them, dump as much damage as you can into them in the startup, and they're actually do a decent job of murdering low level enemies. Mid to high you're going to need to do some armor stripping for them before they can do anything.

Or.

2. Aura units. Infested Ancients, Eximus, etc. Aura's always work for you if your enemy is controlled. So that healing aura and damage reduction? Yours now. Just grab them and ignore them, none of them do even a tenth of the damage to be worth buffing even with armor stripping.

Your bread and butter missions are things like Interception, Mobile Defense, Extractors, Defections, places where kills per second are either pointless or actually harmful.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 18, 2019

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So Tridolon is part of this Nightwave. I'm super rusty at that fight, it was introduced right before I took a break for like nine months, so I did it once or twice and then everybody else got super good at the fight and elitist apparently. Every time I join a pug group for this someone is bitching about someone else not doing something "properly". Not always me either.

Anyway, I need to do it once for Nightwave...so I asked this in Alliance but I'll also ask here: I have a meta amp and a good radiation Catchmoon and a good radiation sniper, so damage is not a problem...but I want to bring a frame that can contribute to this fight without being "integral" to the fight mechanics. That means no Chroma, and no Trinity. I figure if I bring such a frame, I'll be as immune to backseat players as I can be.

So far, suggestions have included Harrow (just hit 4 periodically) or Rhino (roar periodically).

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 19, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Harrow or oberon would be best, in harrows case you just go around 100% duration and press 4 when dolons about to roar(Avoids the radproc), while with oberon you just go max range and carpet everywhere.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Tridolon? Ugh. Well I have been looking for an excuse to learn that particular content. Still trying to get my hands on Oberon Prime Systems, but Ive got a non-Prime Oberon lying around that I could use. Luckily I kicked off Rubico Prime last night, and from what little Ive read thats a good weapon to use

My crappy un-gilded 111 Amp will probably be the biggest drawback

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Moreau posted:

Tridolon? Ugh. Well I have been looking for an excuse to learn that particular content. Still trying to get my hands on Oberon Prime Systems, but Ive got a non-Prime Oberon lying around that I could use. Luckily I kicked off Rubico Prime last night, and from what little Ive read thats a good weapon to use

My crappy un-gilded 111 Amp will probably be the biggest drawback

It's not too bad - you can just mess around with Terry solo if you want to get an idea of what's happening. The 111 amp is better than the Mote amp so if some goons are with you, you can get carried. Chroma uses the Rubico to pop the limbs. I'd watch a video to see how the fights go - also probably want to turn down your effects 'cause it's a laser light show and a half.

Inaros' Skull Helm is in the credit store, it's a must have!

Also [Corrosive Projection] if you need some spares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I took in Rhino and did okay. We captured Hydrolyst. It was me, two Chromas, and a Volt.