Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

Words cannot describe how much I want this bed.
I can't quite read it, what death metal group's name is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I know Nutting!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I was just reading this article on a well preserved 1970s home and figured, maybe people here would like to see if 1970s swedish interior design differed from american or not. But it's clearly not your average home, but I can tell the kitchen panels look so very similar to how my parents kitchen used to look.

Original article here in swedish. Apparently they want 11.8 million crowns for it, which is maybe a million USD or something. 3rd last picture with the carpeted room that really screams 1970s to me,

https://www.byggahus.se/retro-70-talshus-i-sparsmakad-joddlarstil

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The wallpaper-that-looks-like-cigarette-smoke-staining is very nostalgic to me.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

His Divine Shadow posted:

I was just reading this article on a well preserved 1970s home and figured, maybe people here would like to see if 1970s swedish interior design differed from american or not. But it's clearly not your average home, but I can tell the kitchen panels look so very similar to how my parents kitchen used to look.

Original article here in swedish. Apparently they want 11.8 million crowns for it, which is maybe a million USD or something. 3rd last picture with the carpeted room that really screams 1970s to me,

I like that house, in spite of some of the colors.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

That's one of the best-looking modern homes I've seen posted in this thread. I love the exterior especially but the interior is great too, like an updated mission style.

I'd probably want to change out the IKEA-green features though =(

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
The floating kitchen cabinets are cool.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I liked everything up to and including the green bathtub.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That's one of the best-looking modern homes I've seen posted in this thread. I love the exterior especially but the interior is great too, like an updated mission style.

I'd probably want to change out the IKEA-green features though =(

I really like the design of the deck / lower porch, it's much nicer looking than just plain PT wood.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I love just about everything about this except the green carpet etc, but hell, is that long tub common in Nordic countries? It looks 8 foot or 2 1/2 +- meters long.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This is pretty neat. I'd say the biggest difference is just how light it all is, especially the blonde wood and bright white walls.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yall like books

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The saddest thing about my new old house is there's nowhere appropriate for a library rolling ladder.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

yall like books

loving yes I like books. Why don't all those side bookshelves go higher up the walls?

What amounts to one standard bookshelf doesn't really deserve a library ladder, honestly

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The Bloop posted:

loving yes I like books. Why don't all those side bookshelves go higher up the walls?

What amounts to one standard bookshelf doesn't really deserve a library ladder, honestly

So you have a place to display your unfavorites.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Bloop posted:

It's so the kids can roll it in front of the hallway doors so you can smack your head into it at 3 in the morning.

Also, in the real world, people would just lean over from the first floor to grab anything in those top couple of shelves.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
just want to point out that's the foyer

and why's there a drain in the floor

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

luxury handset posted:

Also why's there enough speakers to sound reveille for an entire army base

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

luxury handset posted:

Because it fits the "Burger King Kitchen Tile" aesthetic?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Jaded Burnout posted:

Also why's there enough speakers to sound reveille for an entire army base

Pretty sure those are lamps, not speakers, unless I'm entirely missing the speakers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bloop posted:

THANK YOU this was the first thing that jumped out at me. there is so much room on those walls for regular shelves lmao what the gently caress

like there should be giant paintings or sculptures on there, but they already got taken out. It looks so strange.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Why apart from the lamps wouldn't you just extend the ladder all the way up so you can change floors directly?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

Pretty sure those are lamps, not speakers, unless I'm entirely missing the speakers.

Oh yeah you're right

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Why apart from the lamps wouldn't you just extend the ladder all the way up so you can change floors directly?

Because if you did that you'd not have "one of them fancy libraries with the rolly ladder, oh where should we put it? anywhere. yeah in the foyer, sure, what? we can't have many shelves because of the hallways? That's fine I don't have that many books anyway"

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

solve the puzzle to unlock new artifact

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I think the ladder library foyer is dope, even without stacking the walls floor to ceiling with books. I've seen much worse use of space. Some plants would make that room look great.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also, in the real world, people would just lean over from the first floor to grab anything in those top couple of shelves.

Highly doubt people would do that to grab a book they couldn't see 15 feet up over tile. It's like a 4 foot reach down it would be terribly awkward.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

it would be terribly awkward.

That is already the prevailing aesthetic in the room so what’s the problem here

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
That is probably a power outlet and not a drain.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lardroom

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Here's a ceiling made out of tin:

Aside from a couple odd decorating choices it seems like a nice condo, but good god that ceiling.

Zillow link: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/65-W-Merrimack-St-APT-1-Manchester-NH-03101/2087374577_zpid/

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

It was a thing in the southwest in the 1800s-early 19th century. Kinda surprised to see it on the east coast. They usually come with horribly mismatched checkered tile floors.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

luxury handset posted:

apologies if i've doxxed you

Ok no kid has ever slept in that room but that's a sick room for a kid (with different decor)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

Ok no kid has ever slept in that room

We hope.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

underage at the vape shop posted:

Ok no kid has ever slept in that room but that's a sick room for a kid (with different decor)

Just imagine a sunken Super Star Destroyer bathtub in the attached bath, to attract females. That house would be amazing.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mentholmoose posted:

Here's a ceiling made out of tin:

Aside from a couple odd decorating choices it seems like a nice condo, but good god that ceiling.

Zillow link: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/65-W-Merrimack-St-APT-1-Manchester-NH-03101/2087374577_zpid/

Pressed tin ceilings can be very awesome (not that one). There are a lot around here (mid-northern east coast) and a lot of people go through amazing pains to keep and restore them. What's super cool is in a lot of the small towns the hardware stores that have been there forever still have some small amount of stock of what they had available (and undoubtedly everything that got used in that town back in the day) to match up if you need a few more during a reno.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Are they always unpainted?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Usually unpainted :iia:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

peanut posted:

Usually unpainted :iia:

Yeah....that's the unusual part. Almost all of them have been painted around here (the originals). Undoubtedly with lead paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The triplex of 1000 ceilings (and 30 lovely photographs):

If you're selling a gorgeous Edwardian mansion why would you only give us this photo of the dining room(s)? I know the answer is "it's Seattle so it'll sell in 5 seconds no matter what" but I wanna see mooooore