Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm playing Golden Deer, and in the first part of the game I successfully recruited everyone recruitable except for Ferdinand. I'm now in chapter 14 and I just realized someone specifically, Ashe has up and disappeared on me. Not in the roster or support list any more.

Is there a reason/story for that, or did my game just bug out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Thoom posted:

I'm playing Golden Deer, and in the first part of the game I successfully recruited everyone recruitable except for Ferdinand. I'm now in chapter 14 and I just realized someone specifically, Ashe has up and disappeared on me. Not in the roster or support list any more.

Story reason

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Thoom posted:

He'll show back later after Teach gives him a lesson.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Thoom posted:

yeah there is a setting/story reason, and you'll find out very soon

you can get him back don't worry

McTimmy posted:

He'll show back later after Teach gives him a lesson.

hey man not his fault he happened to enter the knighthood in his native western faerghus at literally the worst time possible

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Oh good. He had some of my favorite supports, even though I didn't really have use for him in combat.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/EsPyramid/status/1163124275328499715

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You really shouldnt be able to enter Catherine into the Sword Tournament.

Also Manuela is my waifu

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Are the +move items super limited this time around? Only got one in my BL playthough, think I only missed two chests the entire run and that was because of non playable companions AI forcing things faster than I wanted or passing a threshold on the map that makes the enemy bum rush forcing me to complete the mission faster than I wanted.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Entering Catherine into the sword tournament is like Tom Brady playing QB for a middle-school football team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

katkillad2 posted:

Are the +move items super limited this time around? Only got one in my BL playthough, think I only missed two chests the entire run and that was because of non playable companions AI forcing things faster than I wanted or passing a threshold on the map that makes the enemy bum rush forcing me to complete the mission faster than I wanted.

Yeah they're pretty rare.

I only know about the ring from the chest in chapter...6? And the permanent boost item in Catherine and Ashe's paralogue.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zore posted:

Yeah they're pretty rare.

I only know about the ring from the chest in chapter...6? And the permanent boost item in Catherine and Ashe's paralogue.

Those are the only two I've found.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's because stride is busted and you can equip multiple of them

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How do I actually make a unit a dancer? I won the Dance contest with Dorothea, but I don't actually know what to do to maker her one. It's not in the class list.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

How do I actually make a unit a dancer? I won the Dance contest with Dorothea, but I don't actually know what to do to maker her one. It's not in the class list.

unique class, so it should be next to the commoner class in beginners for her

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Perfect.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I need Black Eagle and Blue Lion versions of this

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I need Black Eagle and Blue Lion versions of this

https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles this is the artist and apparently they are working on it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eimi posted:

https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles this is the artist and apparently they are working on it.

Oh the Persona 5 Arcana Swap person, they own.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

im hacker lysithea

also scruffydeer cranks out amazing stuff and is a pro follow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone seen their battalions actually take any serious damage at all?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Getting hit with an enemy's gambit knocks a lot of endurance off.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bongo Bill posted:

Getting hit with an enemy's gambit knocks a lot of endurance off.

Getting hit by one seems to have knocked 2 hp off :shrug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you do 7 meals at a time so that next week when you just do battles you'll still have kids with max motivation come Monday

E: whoops wrong page

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I've had some 60 endurance battalions nearly get wiped out, if you put them on someone with high def, but they still take damage and get doubled. So they take 1 hp damage, but their battalion gets rocked.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

when i was doing chapter 6 today ingrid's battalion got some serious wear and tear from being sniped from 3 range

of course her battalion didn't retreat but still, it adds up faster than you know it

v if you're playing on normal that explains a lot

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 19, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it just because I'm playing on normal? No one has ever taken even middling battalion damage.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Raphael as Brock Sampson: very cool

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it just because I'm playing on normal? No one has ever taken even middling battalion damage.

Probably. I've definitely had Battalions break on Hard, even if its fairly rare, and I imagine Normal would trivialize the mechanic

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I got a few questions to make sure I don't miss anything later on. Just reached Chapter 5 for Black Eagles.

1. Will I miss out on story if I don't S rank Edelgard? Or is A rank enough?
2. What is the more efficient way to try to recruit everyone?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DontMindMe posted:

I got a few questions to make sure I don't miss anything later on. Just reached Chapter 5 for Black Eagles.

You don't need to S rank Edelgard. Just be sure to get to her C+ support by December and make sure to talk to her in February at some point during one of your explore sessions.

Most efficient way is to raise supports with people and get your professor rank up so you can take more actions per weekend.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zore posted:

You don't need to S rank Edelgard. Just be sure to get to her C+ support by December and make sure to talk to her in February at some point during one of your explore sessions.

Most efficient way is to raise supports with people and get your professor rank up so you can take more actions per weekend.

Make sure to get Hubert's C rank too. Not having it reduces your options.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i have never paid attention to battalion health, I just replenish it every other chapter or so because I'm lazy

DontMindMe posted:

1. S-rank is the epilogue cutscene, so I don't think you miss anything plot-wise? But at the same time why would you romance someone other than your wife :colbert:
2. Get them to B rank and you can pass their skill checks at D-rank. Byleth will only ever get like, one, maybe two A ranks if you really push it, so trying to go for a bunch of C or B ranks in each student's desired stats is untenable. Best way to get support is to spam gifts, teatime, and lunch (teatime & lunch are mutually exclusive for students each week)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

also you can only get A ranks during the actual story and the game will let you know if you have enough support points to S rank anyone when the time comes

and you'll know when the time comes

e: also is this your first playthrough or a NG+? because if it's your first playthrough uh, you'll have to wait quite a while before hitting A rank with anyone

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

i have never paid attention to battalion health, I just replenish it every other chapter or so because I'm lazy

1. S-rank is the epilogue cutscene, so I don't think you miss anything plot-wise? But at the same time why would you romance someone other than your wife :colbert:

I mean Edie has better supports than with Byleth.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at the flame emperor going "uhhh this wasn't me ignore my insane hell knight who lusts for peasant death" at Remire

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean Edie has better supports than with Byleth.

She is madly in love with you on her route, her S support is the most tied into the story if you do her route.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The deer route truly is the meme team

Claude just naruto runs straight into a slap across the ground

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My biggest concern with rank S is not who I personally like best, but who actually has any chemistry with Byleth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eimi posted:

She is madly in love with you on her route, her S support is the most tied into the story if you do her route.

And she can do much better. Mostly I just meant Byleth is kinda boring.

I had Edie support Lysithea. It was pretty good.