Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lip showed up to be another annoying miniboss in this event so she's banned from swimsuits as far as i'm concerned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Crasical posted:

A friend who plays this game was rambling about Summer Passionlip and how they wish she'd gotten a swimsuit alongside/instead of Melt (IMO There is no point to giving her a swimsuit because she can't swim, those claws weigh multiple tons and she'll instantly sink to the bottom of the ocean), but I had a secondary thought: If you throw Lip into a swimming pool, will it drain the pool? Or does Breast Valley not work like that?

They could just give her actual real world prosthetics like they did for Summer Melty

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Crasical posted:

A friend who plays this game was rambling about Summer Passionlip and how they wish she'd gotten a swimsuit alongside/instead of Melt (IMO There is no point to giving her a swimsuit because she can't swim, those claws weigh multiple tons and she'll instantly sink to the bottom of the ocean), but I had a secondary thought: If you throw Lip into a swimming pool, will it drain the pool? Or does Breast Valley not work like that?

Put Summer Passionlip in a crab costume and pair her with Summer Marie

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Crasical posted:

A swimsuit that you can't use to swim is just lingerie.

Yeah...so?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am always amused when Summer Servants "swimsuit" ends up covering more skin that their original outfit, so I am all for Summer Passionlip.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Main Paineframe posted:

Put Summer Passionlip in a crab costume and pair her with Summer Marie

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They can’t be as bad as Spriggans, can they?

They crit a lot, they are a "small" mob so they can be spawned in multiple copies and in the event they appears for the first time they can randomly spawn as berserkers in any mode.

The only monsters more irritating are the Stealing Monkeys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress those monkeys so much

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what do they steal, buffs?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

dogsicle posted:

what do they steal, buffs?

Yes.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

That dab

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They can’t be as bad as Spriggans, can they?

Spriggans aren't that bad.
(Says man who instantly nukes them with Archuria's NP, no questions asked)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Factor_VIII posted:

According to this interview the plot of FGO will end with the conclusion of Part 2, but that doesn't mean that FGO itself will end. They could keep the game running with events for as long they want, which makes sense considering how much money it's raking in. Nasu will presumably no longer be involved after that but then again Nasu has previously changed his mind regarding his level of involvement in FGO.

Rather interesting that when FGO started it was so bad that Nasu gave the developers 3 months to improve it and if they failed he'd have shut it down.
That article is very suspect. It sounds like the person only half understands what they're saying and filling the gaps with assumptions. (Also, y'know, making it a long-form translation and yet paraphrasing instead of actually conveying the original words)
And I can prove it because somebody else translated the thing properly:
https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/2019/01/03/translation-4gamer-round-table-discussion-part-2-mafia-kajita-x-kinoko-nasu/

quote:

Nasu: Back when it launched, both the gameplay and visuals were all amateurish, and we couldn’t bring out the essence of the story. We confused players about how exactly they could enjoy the game. We all had this creeping anxiety – can we really keep making this game right until the very end? I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t have any doubts about the game’s quality.

Kajita: I’m sure they’re painful memories for you, but what kind of situation was it from your point of view?

Nasu: Right after the launch, we gathered all the top staff and went through everything that needed fixing, then gave them a priority. From there, we determined the core direction to be “to fix as much we can within three months” and that “if we’re not able to fix any of these, the whole project will collapse.” Thankfully, we were able to prepare the bare minimum functions by December. Like the 2x battle speed.

Kajita: Ah, that’s very nostalgic. When I first experienced the rather lax normal speed, I really started wondering about the reason behind that.

Nasu: During launch date, within an hour after installing the game, TYPE-MOON’s headquarters was basically up in flames. We halted all the projects we were working on just so we could prioritize FGO, so some of the staff yelled at me before the players could. “We stopped all those projects for this?!”

I really, really have to thank all the players who managed to suck it all up and stick with us all the way to the dango event. We were really saved by the Fate/ brand.
The facts are similar but there's important differences in tone and delivery which you've been using to construct an image of Nasu which is simply not right.

Moreover, there's a more recent interview where he talks about the post-part 2 plans. It's not fully translated yet but the important bits are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/comments/cni2il/fgo_4th_anniversary_famitsu_interview_notes/

quote:

• Part 2 is meant to be something like a full course meal, and TYPE-MOON is doing all they can until it ends. After completing the meal, whether the players go “I’m already full, time to leave the restaurant”, or whether they say “I can still eat some more” will decide how things go. If there are still people who want to play, the management would have to work hard so that they continue to enjoy it.
  • Nasu has prepared the developments for “post-completion”. There are two patterns, pattern A, where the story continues from Part 2, and pattern B, where Chaldea’s tale is completely told and a different story begins. Both had him thinking “this is an interesting idea”.
  • At this point, he’s started drafting it since he wouldn’t make it in time otherwise. However, it is up to the users to decide. Their decision is something even Nasu can’t predict.
  • Finally: “I hope we can increase the satisfaction from now on without dropping the quality of service so far. Clearing the battle of the players’ expectations and curiosity is the condition to head towards the 5th anniversary. That’s something deeply engraved in my heart.”
There's other interesting stuff I didn't quote.

That frontline site also translated the whole thing but I don't trust their writeups.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 18, 2019

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Technically the Lancer class deck thing is not as one-sided as it used to be (even not counting Kagetora having QAABB). Enkidu and Inshun have triple Quick decks, and anybody who doesn't have the QQABB deck has QQAAB instead. Of those, two are technically "Arts Lancers" but have non-damaging NPs (Benkei and Qin Liangyu); two are ST Quick Lancers (Diarmuid and Ana); one is AoE Quick (Bradamante); one is AoE Arts (Fionn); and Li Shuwen remains the sole ST Arts Lancer (again, outside of Kagetora, who has a ST Arts NP but a Saber-ish deck). Fionn can loop in JP, so it's entirely possible if Summer Melt's NP gen is favorable (datamines are suggesting it is?) that she could be pretty valuable and she's definitely got an interesting and underutilized deck.

Semi-interestingly, there is not a single Lancer with QQABB that has an Arts NP. The Cus, Scathach, Valkyrie, and Parvati have Quick, everybody else is Buster. Kagetora is again the special snowflake here, the only Lancer with an Arts NP and two regular Buster cards.

Now I wonder what Jetpack Okita's gimmick is going to be. She appears to be a ST Assassin, which is a pretty rough category in terms of competition.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Every playable servant can make a card chain of some sort by themselves if you include their NP as the sixth card. The only character with 2Q2A2B is Goetia.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Okita is AOE and has ridiculous self-buffs tempered by some nasty demerits. she might be able to negate the defense one by herself, but she's also got a chance of self-stun you'll want to negate somehow

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
According to Reddit, Summer Melt will want a fairly high NP level and some tight support to loop properly, but she can do it (unless the datamine is wrong, which it could be). She also has a battery that steals NP from an ally, which sounds really bad but as someone noted Paracelsus is useful for setting up her loop anyway and he's got Rapid Casting so he'll always have some gauge to steal. She has better internals than Fionn. Also she has penguins.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Melt can just steal NP from say Sanzang or Medea with their crazy NP charges.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Melt can just steal NP from say Sanzang or Medea with their crazy NP charges.
Nito came to mind when I read that. Really, anyone with an NP battery and a good pre-charged NP CE is going to team well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well you wouldn't just run her with any person who has a battery, ideally they should offer some benefit to her. sanzang and medea both have npgen boosts but the usual tama/para/bride setups or maybe some convoluted chen gong mess would all be actual teams you'd prefer to run her in. and either save her battery for a later node after you've done arts chains so your supports have bar to spare, or use a starting NP CE.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I imagine that FGO will run as long as people want to chase waifu gachas and fight giant theoretical monsters with loophole abuse that would make John Constantine blush.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
F:GO will end eventually, but only when they've got a F:GO2 ready with proper engine future-proofing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Speaking of, when does NA get the Unreal Engine update? Did JP get it yet?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's upcoming relatively soon as they published some news about it and possible affected devices.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Summer Melt's portrait images are on a completely different level.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
1/2 ap interludes, 10 new Interludes including Astolfo's long awaited NP charge, Illya banner and class banners have all just been announced.

Also 1/2 ap EoR story, and 1/2 Free Quests for First Clears Only.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Decided to roll the summer banner one more time for NP2 Raikou. Ended up with Jeanne.

I have no embers, and I must level.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Pureauthor posted:

1/2 ap interludes, 10 new Interludes including Astolfo's long awaited NP charge, Illya banner and class banners have all just been announced.

dont roll on ilya banner

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Bogart posted:

dont roll on ilya banner

Why would I? I'd never try for a NP2 5 star.

:haw:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sapphire Magical Girl is a great CE if you can MLB it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

Based on the dates, NeroFest likely begins either Aug 29th or Sept 4th. Probably the 29th?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

dont roll on ilya banner

i alredy got her from GSSR.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I got Caster of the Nightless City, and if I was gonna get a Tier 5 I at least wanted it to be Saber

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

YggdrasilTM posted:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

i already got her from her first banner

and have nothing left to chase np3+ with because summer umu took it all and didn't come home

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Kyte posted:

The facts are similar but there's important differences in tone and delivery which you've been using to construct an image of Nasu which is simply not right.

Yeah, fair enough. That article made it sound like Nasu wanted to shut FGO down when that wasn't the case.

Bogart posted:

F:GO will end eventually, but only when they've got a F:GO2 ready with proper engine future-proofing.

Will they really make an FGO2 game though instead of continuing with updates? Ending the previous game and replacing it with a completely new game where people have to start from scratch would alienate people who have invested a lot of time and money in the first game. A lot of them could simply decide not to invest into a new game, though I suppose DW could offer generous rewards to people depending on how many SSRs and other stuff they have in order to lure them to the new game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If they start from zero, whales will buy quartz to reacquire all their waifus again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Isn't Arcade basically this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Roll on Illya banner.

Pureauthor posted:

Sapphire Magical Girl is a great CE if you can MLB it.
That CE is great even if it's not MLB. Tamamo can NP drat near every other turn in a proper Arts team.